Avante Employee Reviews

slow environment, lots of down time, always the same routine
DINING SERVICES ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Waynesboro, VAJune 22, 2015
there wasn't really anything i liked about this job. management was never around when needed, people called out all the time, nurses were rude and demanding and unappreciative. meals never varied....basically the same meal each day.most enjoyable part was seeing the elderly with a smile on their face to just have someone to talk to!!
great work experience
Same as Certified Nursing assistant (Current Employee), Waynesboro, VAFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: decent pay
Cons: short brakes amd short staffed
hard work. don't do it for the money.they are often short staffed. you will find friendly people from all walks of life. though you will gain lots of experience
Fun and productive workplace
Receptionist (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VANovember 10, 2014
Pros: nice environment
I enjoy working there. The people are nice to work with also.
Lovely clients, nursing staff not so much!!
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Wilson, NCSeptember 23, 2014
The patients out there were great, but the co-workers didn't believe in team work. It was plenty of things to do that required 2 people, but when you need help others seemed to vanish and are nowhere in site.
fun place to work
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee), Ocala, FLAugust 10, 2014
i enjoyed working with the patients and wish i could go back as it was a good place to work.
This is a great comanay to work for, I had to to leave due to a budget cuts.
Associate Dining Services Dir (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 5, 2014
Pros: schedule flexibility
Cons: low occupancy and budget cuts.
In a typical day of work I had to oversee the entire kitdhen operation, attend managers meetings, collect data from nursing departmant for new admissions and discharges as well as supervize the tray line and make sure all menus were follow according with the spread sheets.
I learned to control invetories and parlist of all items needed according with five weeks menu cycle form corp. as weel as learn the new trends of the computerized system of custumer's preferences and a daily basis.
My co-workers was a great experience to work with, my inmediate supervisor was sent out to correct problems in another comapany's facility d I cover for her while she as away.
The hardest part was to complience with state, federeal and county's regulations.
The most enjoyable part of this job was the relationship created in short period of time with custumeres residents and families.
Need better training.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Wilson, NCMay 28, 2014
Pros: i enjoyed interacting with residents and making them smile
Cons: not much teamwork for the work load.
RN didn't pay attention to what was going on.
You have to use two people for lifts.
I would ask for help and head nurses would not move.
Different co-workers show you different ways to do everything.
Working with patients who couldn't move.
I enjoyed working with the patients.
Not a 'bad " place to work.
Certified Dietary Manager (Current Employee), Concord, CAApril 8, 2014
Pros: i loved the work i did and the residents.
Cons: i think i cared "too much" and expected everyone else to do the same.
My typical day at work involved a morning meeting of department managers, which lasted for about one hour to one hour and a half. some days. I sometimes had care plan meetings with families and residents, which started shortly after the morning meeting. I then returned to the kitchen where I assured everything was "running smoothly". . I then assisted and supervised lunch by serving residents and attending to all dining facilitites. I then worked on charting : MDS,care plan updates, notes and assessments, I colpleted food and chemical orders, when necessary , I usually ended my day with producing menu sheets for next day posting and tray/scnak cards.My last task of the day was to check on the residents at supper.
Productive not orgainized to have right amount of staff.
LPN/Charge Nurse (Current Employee), Danville, VAMarch 13, 2014
Pros: pay rate
Cons: fairness
A day at work as LPN you come in not knowing where you will work. Then when you do start work you are behind. Management don't help when you are stress for time to do your job safely. Being stressed the whole time you are there.
nursing home
CNA/Caregiver (Current Employee), Leesburg, FLFebruary 4, 2014
The facility goes through to many changes on a daily basis. Not a single employee knows what is going on, treated like garabage. The patients are simply just thrown in not being prescreened to see if facility is able to take care of them.
Productive with good patients .
MA, CNA , Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 29, 2014
smooth, learning how to deal with different personalities each day and how to manage ones time in a good manner .
Fun workplace
Activity Assistant (Current Employee), Roanoke VaAugust 21, 2013
Pros: staff and patients
Cons: the changes
Busy most days. I have had variety of experience in different positions. My direct boss is good to work for and co-workers are fun as well as patients.
provided care for elderly
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VAApril 25, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
provides care for elderly, under the suoervision of a lpn/ rn
Good people, good patients and flexibility.
Speech Language Pathologist, MS CCC-SLP (Current Employee), Jacksonville Beach, FLApril 18, 2013
Pros: flexibility with hours, compensation
Cons: productivity requirements
This job has offered me the flexibility needed as a single mom with 2 small children. The compensation is great and the benefits worked well enough. Job stimulation was good with a variety of patients to work with. Staff was overall friendly and enjoyed their jobs. I have gained better clinical skills over the years of employment there as well as learned a great deal about billing. The hardest part of the job was when the caseload was high and I was the only SLP there. Juggling that was a challenge at times. The most enjoyable part of the job was my coworkers, the patients, and their family members.
A stressful and depressing place to be.
Dietary Aide (Current Employee), Jacksonville Beach, FLApril 9, 2013
A very stressful place to work. It takes special types of people to be able to work in such places as this
Overall I liked the job
Collections Agent (Former Employee), Houston, TxMarch 20, 2013
Pros: i was off every other saturday or friday
Cons: late nights
The hours were a problem and we were required to do so late nights.
No loyalty to hardworking staff
LPN charge nurse (Current Employee), reidsville ncFebruary 4, 2013
The facilty has cut allowable hours to on 32 per nurse or CNA. There is only 2 nurses on the floor for third shift for a 109 bed facility, with a RN supervisor. The rest of the shifts have at least 4 nurses. The PRN RN's are allowed to work while they send full time LPN's home to cut costs?!? Patient acuity can be high. New medical director- actually cares for residents. No wipes or washrags or gown available to care for residents on third shift. The supply room is locked and outside the facility??? There is carpet in a skilled nursing home. That is just nasty. Recently there has been renovations that just leave the place a mess.
terrible environment with high turnover
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: decent pay
Cons: long hours, abusive environment
Very unstable and negative environment. Problem starts at the top with upper management and trickles down impacting who they hire as Administrators.
Pretty loose culture, jeans and t-shirts, game room
Technical Office Coordinator (Former Employee), Blue Ash, OHSeptember 5, 2012
Pros: great pay
Cons: never seem to have time to take breaks and lunches
When I left I was the office coordinator so I was in charge of making sure all the office equipment was working and up to date. I helped train new employees, I put together their training packets and designed welcome sign and name plates for each. This usually happened about every other month.

I can be a team player and work for the good of the company
Most of my co-workers were very easy to work with

Trying to do what my director, manager and team leads all needed at the same time and keeping them all happy

The other non lead employees were a joy to work with each day
Busy facility to work for.
ADON (Current Employee), Lake Worth, FLSeptember 2, 2012
Pros: some flexability in hours
Cons: short breaks
Managing the day to day activities of the nursing dept. can be challenging. The residents in the facility have numerous diagnoses and I learn something new everyday. My day is starts with morning meeting with the rest of ID team, reviewing new patients and charts, and observe what their needs may be in the facility and upon discharge. The hardest part of my job is when I see a patient decline. I have a great caring staff and the patients make my day.