Avante Employee Reviews in United States

Nice place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLFebruary 11, 2016
Nice place to work. took care of 25 patients a night, charted throughly everyday. Best part of the job is getting to know the residents
Average office enviroment
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLFebruary 5, 2016
High workload little reward is the overall motto

Minimal team lunches/activities

Poor management of projects/roll outs

Poor management structure

Overlapping end goals which leads to poor end results and customer perception.

No bonuses, Minimal if any pay increases (very very small percentages),

Very little room for growth.

Low budget operations with high expenses and needs

Large number of user and device base to support with very small teams and resources to do so.
Pros
Some great people with great intentions
Nice company, but inconsistent upper management.
Dining Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Reidsville, NC & Wilkesboro, NC.December 17, 2015
Which facility you work in can make a huge difference to your job satisfaction. The good days are good, but the bad days can be stressful.
I enjoyed working with the people
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCNovember 23, 2015
I enjoyed working with most of my co-workers and loved seeing the patients also and greeting and talking with them. Management was not perfect but was ok. Hardest part was tasks making me very tired, very easy but exhaustive work. Most enjoyable was seeing the smiles on patients faces and helping make their day more bearable.
Pros
Enjoy working with people
Cons
Very exhausting work
A place where I learned every intricacy of the IT field
Senior Director of Information Systems (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLNovember 1, 2015
Began as a help desk analyst and finished off as the Senior Director of Information Systems. Received extensive knowledge and experience as I grew with company and its many acquisitions.
Pros
Growing Business, Health care related
Cons
Excesive amount of regime and owner change, corporate office relocation
Great working environment
LEAD CERTIFIED NURESES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  1301 Kansas ave St. Cloud fl 34769October 25, 2015
Caring for the residents and making sure that all their needs were being met.I had a great experience working at Avante Nursing home. The management team was always striving to cross train anyone who was will to advance their education.We had a great group of certified Nurses assistants that worked as team.The hardest part of the job was when the resident completed their rehabilitation and was ready to go home. There is no greater reward then seeing that individual make a complete turn around in their recovery.
Pros
Learning on the job
Do NOT
CNA (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville Beach, FloridaSeptember 25, 2015
I will keep this simple and sweet... There is a reason why they offer you contract bonuses. And that's because they can't keep any of the CNA's to stay due to a bad environment! I walked out and don't regret it. The CEO is really trying to turn the place around and I admire that, but it's going to take a lot of work. Everyone who works there looks miserable and the residents can sense it. It's so sad.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Nurses are bullies, low supplies, Co-workers who don't care, old building, dirty
Very busy!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Waynesboro, VAJuly 27, 2015
The most enjoyable part of this job has been working with the residents. A lot of great staff members! The hardest part of the job is not being able to spend adequate time with the resident.
slow environment, lots of down time, always the same routine
DINING SERVICES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, VAJune 22, 2015
there wasn't really anything i liked about this job. management was never around when needed, people called out all the time, nurses were rude and demanding and unappreciative. meals never varied....basically the same meal each day.most enjoyable part was seeing the elderly with a smile on their face to just have someone to talk to!!
great work experience
Same as Certified Nursing assistant (Current Employee) –  Waynesboro, VAFebruary 21, 2015
hard work. don't do it for the money.they are often short staffed. you will find friendly people from all walks of life. though you will gain lots of experience
Pros
decent pay
Cons
short brakes amd short staffed
Fun and productive workplace
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VANovember 10, 2014
I enjoy working there. The people are nice to work with also.
Pros
nice environment
Lovely clients, nursing staff not so much!!
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCSeptember 23, 2014
The patients out there were great, but the co-workers didn't believe in team work. It was plenty of things to do that required 2 people, but when you need help others seemed to vanish and are nowhere in site.
fun place to work
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLAugust 10, 2014
i enjoyed working with the patients and wish i could go back as it was a good place to work.
This is a great comanay to work for, I had to to leave due to a budget cuts.
Associate Dining Services Dir (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 5, 2014
In a typical day of work I had to oversee the entire kitdhen operation, attend managers meetings, collect data from nursing departmant for new admissions and discharges as well as supervize the tray line and make sure all menus were follow according with the spread sheets.
I learned to control invetories and parlist of all items needed according with five weeks menu cycle form corp. as weel as learn the new trends of the computerized system of custumer's preferences and a daily basis.
My co-workers was a great experience to work with, my inmediate supervisor was sent out to correct problems in another comapany's facility d I cover for her while she as away.
The hardest part was to complience with state, federeal and county's regulations.
The most enjoyable part of this job was the relationship created in short period of time with custumeres residents and families.
Pros
schedule flexibility
Cons
low occupancy and budget cuts.
Need better training.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCMay 28, 2014
RN didn't pay attention to what was going on.
You have to use two people for lifts.
I would ask for help and head nurses would not move.
Different co-workers show you different ways to do everything.
Working with patients who couldn't move.
I enjoyed working with the patients.
Pros
i enjoyed interacting with residents and making them smile
Cons
not much teamwork for the work load.
Not a 'bad " place to work.
Certified Dietary Manager (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAApril 8, 2014
My typical day at work involved a morning meeting of department managers, which lasted for about one hour to one hour and a half. some days. I sometimes had care plan meetings with families and residents, which started shortly after the morning meeting. I then returned to the kitchen where I assured everything was "running smoothly". . I then assisted and supervised lunch by serving residents and attending to all dining facilitites. I then worked on charting : MDS,care plan updates, notes and assessments, I colpleted food and chemical orders, when necessary , I usually ended my day with producing menu sheets for next day posting and tray/scnak cards.My last task of the day was to check on the residents at supper.
Pros
i loved the work i did and the residents.
Cons
i think i cared "too much" and expected everyone else to do the same.
Productive not orgainized to have right amount of staff.
LPN/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Danville, VAMarch 13, 2014
A day at work as LPN you come in not knowing where you will work. Then when you do start work you are behind. Management don't help when you are stress for time to do your job safely. Being stressed the whole time you are there.
Pros
pay rate
Cons
fairness
nursing home
CNA/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, FLFebruary 4, 2014
The facility goes through to many changes on a daily basis. Not a single employee knows what is going on, treated like garabage. The patients are simply just thrown in not being prescreened to see if facility is able to take care of them.
Productive with good patients .
MA, CNA , Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 29, 2014
smooth, learning how to deal with different personalities each day and how to manage ones time in a good manner .
Fun workplace
Activity Assistant (Current Employee) –  Roanoke VaAugust 21, 2013
Busy most days. I have had variety of experience in different positions. My direct boss is good to work for and co-workers are fun as well as patients.
Pros
staff and patients
Cons
the changes