Avas Flowers

Avas Flowers Employer Reviews

Assistance is always available when needed
Call Center Rep (Former Employee), Mahwah, NJMay 12, 2014
If it wasn't for the conflict with my school schedule and the hours I was working, I most likely would still be employed there.
Best job i've had.
Customr service (Current Employee), MahwahMarch 1, 2014
Pros: pay, time goes by fast.
Cons: angry customers- you learn how to deal with them eventually.
I love this job- the pay is great! and there is plenty of room for advancement! -- It is not for everyone! Speaking to customers on the phone all day makes time go by much faster. I could be at work all day! I love seeing my paycheck every other week!
Stay away from this place
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee), Mahwah, NJFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: the 2 trainers were very helpful.
Cons: no benefits. no freedom. no breaks. lying to customers knowing they cannot get a refund
A typical day at work is being rushed on to the phones to begin lying to customers. I would place nearly 30 orders into the system but would get yelled at for spending 10 minutes on the phone. Those 10 minutes consist of trying to explain your lies without the customer finding out, talking to an elderly person who needs flowers for a funeral and waiting – more... on the floor supervisor who is no where to be found to give you a code to put in an order. Its very hard to hear especially when you are using a terrible head set.

Management is absolutely terrible, its laughable. The hardest part of the job was waking up to drive to the place and also lying to people by adding a bow, card, ribbon or a vase to their order to make them pay more and not telling them about it. All those items are optional by the way. A simple arrangement cost less that 30 bucks but by the end of the order the customer would be paying nearly 100 because of all the fees and add on items you are not supposed to tell the customer about.

There is absolutely nothing enjoyable about this job. Not a single person who works there has worked there for more than 3 months. The turn over rate is ridiculously high. Please stay away from this place. Look at all the reviews on their products, that should give you an idea of what you will be getting into if you decide to work here. – less
Fast pace environment
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee), Mahwah, NJFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: everyday was different
Cons: terminating an employee
No day is a typical day.
Far from monotonous.
Day starts at 8:45am
Checking voice mail, emails, reviewing daily agenda,
Screening 125 applicant submissions, conducting phone interviews, scheduling face to face interviews, conducting interviews, reviewing ideal candidates with department managers, hiring applicants, processing background checks, entering – more... new hire information into ADP, Setting up users in the CRM, reviewing daily schedules, confirming daily attendance, processing payroll on bi-weekly basis. Resolving issues with employees, terminating employees.

Every day was a challenge. – less
Satisfying to assist customers in placing flower orders
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee), Mahwah, NJDecember 2, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks, no paid leave time
A typical work day I placed 30 flower orders into database.
I learned to recognize different types of flowers.
I learned to manage my time more efficiently on phone orders
The hardest part of the job is having to hear of deaths, for
funeral arrangements.
The most enjoyable part of the job is hearing when people marked a milestone anniversary or birthday.
fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Sales) (Former Employee), Mahwah, NJNovember 13, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
it was a good work environment. There were periods of slowness when the calls were not coming through but over all a great place.
Avas
Customer Service Representative/ Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee), Ramsey, NJJune 20, 2012
Pros: happy customers
Cons: bad organization within management
Handle customer inquiries, complaints, billing questions and payment extension/service requests. Calm angry callers, repair trust, locate resources for problem resolution and design best-option solutions. Interface daily with internal partners in accounting, field services, new business, operations and consumer affairs divisions.