Avas Flowers Employee Reviews

Excellent place to grow internationally
QA Manager (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJJune 8, 2017
I was located in a contact center abroad, and was a life changing experience.
From The outstanding training to the great techniques, if you want to graduate from inbound rapport creating techniques, it's the place to do it.
Save your time!
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJJuly 8, 2016
This place is very disorganized. You deal with customer complaints and canceling with florists regardless if you personally feel it's right. They use you while they can, then terminate you. During busy holiday season, you'll work a 12hr day, 7 days a week and if your lucky, receive an hour break (split into 30 minutes at a time).
Cons
Short breaks, disorganized
Terrible Company.
Customer Service Representative - Call Center (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJMay 16, 2016
Floral Sweatshop. The worst job I have ever had. Business practices barely legal. Unethical treatment of consumers and employees.
Pros
Paycheck did not bounce
Cons
Sweatshop like conditions
Fun and exciting
Senior Technical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mahwah, NJMarch 19, 2015
It is exciting to work for a company that is actively growing and being part of it. We are always striving to do more and do it better. My day revolves around some standard task but I also take on special project for other departments. My days are never boring and its is nice to have different tasks to perform. There is plently of room to grow and advance here.
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJMarch 19, 2015
The taking of orders never got boring. Each order was for a different occasion or reason. The pace was quick and the day went by quickly with very little down time. All in all the environment was good and the people I worked with were good. I left of my own accord when I decided to attend college full time.
Pros
Room for advancement
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJMarch 19, 2015
I enjoyed coming to work every day. I liked my co-workers and the managers were friendly. The pace of the day was quick and I never felt like the day was dragging. I would probally still be working here if other aspects in my life take me away. Their seemed to be room for advancement.
Pros
Good work environment
Pleasant atomospher
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJMarch 17, 2015
The work day here was never slow. Always busy which was great made the hours fly by. Took sales call most of the day interspersed with some coaching. Loved being able to add to base bay with a variety of incentives. Over all a positive working experience.

Dealing with very upset customers ordering sympathy flowers was sometimes difficult. Managers were reasonable and willing to help you overcome any difficulties you were having.

Overall not a bad job.
Pros
Room for advancement, stimulating work
Fast paced and exciting never boring
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJMarch 17, 2015
Handle customer inquiries, complaints, billing questions and payment extension/service requests. Calm down angry callers and repair relationship, locate resources for problem resolution and design best-option solutions. Interface daily with internal partners in accounting, field services, new business, operations and consumer affairs divisions.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Pace at times
Fun and fast paced work environment
Sale Rep (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJMarch 17, 2015
If I did not decide to attend college full time I would probably still be working here. Job was usually fast paced with little down time which made the time fly.

Generally friendly and helpful management provided you did your job and followed procedures.

The hardest part of the job was the odd hours you had to work sometimes made it difficult to manage life out of work. Got a little hectic during holiday but it also offered extra pay and hours.

All in all I would rate it a good job and their was plently of room for advancement if I had decided to stay.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Shifting hours at times
Fast paced and rewarding
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJMarch 16, 2015
Perfect is you like to be busy all day. Time just flew by. Generally a good work environment. Treated well if you follow instructions and rule. Good Possibility for advance. Benefits available. Will try to work with your schedule.
Pros
Room to Advance, Growing Company
Cons
Hectic during holidays

Want to know more about Avas Flowers?

Ask a question
Mixed bag of experiences. Skills are rewarded with advancement.
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJMay 18, 2014
The hours varied and were not consistent and occasional holidays offer great opportunity for overtime. Hours are texted to the employees cell phone each day.
Pros
occasional free lunch (usually Christmas, Valentines Day & Mothers Day).
Cons
Around holidays, short (or no) breaks. High turnover and they appear to be moving in the direction of outsourcing.
Assistance is always available when needed
Call Center Rep (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJMay 12, 2014
If it wasn't for the conflict with my school schedule and the hours I was working, I most likely would still be employed there.
Fast pace environment
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJFebruary 5, 2014
No day is a typical day.
Far from monotonous.
Day starts at 8:45am
Checking voice mail, emails, reviewing daily agenda,
Screening 125 applicant submissions, conducting phone interviews, scheduling face to face interviews, conducting interviews, reviewing ideal candidates with department managers, hiring applicants, processing background checks, entering new hire information into ADP, Setting up users in the CRM, reviewing daily schedules, confirming daily attendance, processing payroll on bi-weekly basis. Resolving issues with employees, terminating employees.

Every day was a challenge.
Pros
Everyday was different
Cons
Terminating an employee
Satisfying to assist customers in placing flower orders
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mahwah, NJDecember 2, 2013
A typical work day I placed 30 flower orders into database.
I learned to recognize different types of flowers.
I learned to manage my time more efficiently on phone orders
The hardest part of the job is having to hear of deaths, for
funeral arrangements.
The most enjoyable part of the job is hearing when people marked a milestone anniversary or birthday.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short Breaks, No paid leave time
fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Sales) (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJNovember 13, 2013
it was a good work environment. There were periods of slowness when the calls were not coming through but over all a great place.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Avas
Customer Service Representative/ Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ramsey, NJJune 20, 2012
Handle customer inquiries, complaints, billing questions and payment extension/service requests. Calm angry callers, repair trust, locate resources for problem resolution and design best-option solutions. Interface daily with internal partners in accounting, field services, new business, operations and consumer affairs divisions.
Pros
happy customers
Cons
bad organization within management