Avaya

Avaya Employer Reviews

Was a good place to work
Assembler (Former Employee), Westminster, COAugust 11, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: company is closed now
Was a good place to work until they sold the factory
Built business type telephones. Most of my co-workers were fine did have some lazy ones that you had to compensate for. Doing warehouse work was the hardest part.
Great work place
Back Bone Engineer (Former Employee), Basking Ridge NJAugust 5, 2014
Avaya great company to work for.
Good advancement.
Good Team environment.
No Raises for Years and High Deductible Health Plan
Analyst (Former Employee), VirginiaMay 22, 2014
I worked for this company for over two years. They are very focused on meeting revenue goals and have not given employee raises in YEARS. They have also switched from a reasonable but not great PPO healthplan to a high deductible plan.
dfd
IT Business Analyst Internship (Current Employee), Billerica, MAMay 21, 2014
good company. I loving working there. People I work with are friendly and easy to get along with.
Productive workplace.
Senior Manager, Product Management (Former Employee), Denver, COMay 15, 2014
Enjoyed working at Avaya on state-of-the-art telephony products. Great co-workers worldwide.
the hardest part of the job
IT Project Manager (Former Employee), Coppell, TXApril 10, 2014
The opportunity was very challenging with no rewards. The company is struggling to stay afloat after their acquisition of Nortel. Everyone is in panic mode wondering will their jobs be in existence tomorrow. I would not recommend this company for anyone who is looking for a stable work environment.
Great company and Great people
Technical Support Senior Engineer (Former Employee), Coppell,TXMarch 13, 2014
As part of DDE enjoyed the opportunity to work with Avaya professional and Business partners across many disciplines in numerous complex environments. Because of this I learned our industry from both a broad scope to a granular level.
As part of the CAP escalation team I was responsible to provide time sensitive solutions to often complex technical – more... concerns. I served as technical and engineering consultant to CAP manager as well as worked side by side Avaya Professional Architecture and Solution teams as well as Avaya Business Partner Engineering, Implementation and Support teams. This included travel worldwide.
I attended regular technical and collaboration training and meetings on various Avaya technology on an ongoing basis. I took advantage of the numerous in-house training advantages at Avaya and have made continued education a constant throughout my career.
I am grateful for my associates and appreciate the long hours of dedicated service put in by team members in order to facilitate the successful completion of a project or issue resolution. – less
Virtual work location, great co-workers
Project Manager (Former Employee), RemoteFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: flexibility in work/life balance
Cons: heavy workload, no job security
Flexibility for remote/virtual working culture. Best part is co-workers who supports each other. Long hours and heavy work load. Best part is virtual location and co-workers.
No stability, no growth
order fulfillment (Current Employee), RaleighFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: telecommute
Cons: everything else
I'm actually surprised to see jobs posted when layoffs took place last year, and notifications just went out again for this year. No raises, slim bonus, no promotions or lateral transfers. Constant change in management, personnel leaving without notice and no back fill for vacancies.
Fun place to work at
Named Account Executive (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: shift in job requirment
Job was difficult and challenging. Sold pimarily to NYC Government.
Co workers were friendly and helpful.
VO is a plus
Senior Software Consultant (Former Employee), Elkton, MDFebruary 25, 2014
A typical day can vary from technical software administration to negotiation for staff augmentation position with business partners and vendors. Pricing aftermarket order to completing them.

Management and I work
Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee), Virtual OfficeJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: virtual office
Cons: being part of a fmp ... :(
review all open projects and take necessary actions
update schedules
run client meetings
respond to emails
ensure project team is on track with deliverables
participate in cut activities as scheduled
process paperwork
Was a great company
Principal Consultant, Avaya Professional Services (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 20, 2014
The company merged with Alcatel and is called lucent-alcatel now. The company merged with Alcatel and is called lucent-alcatel now. The company merged with Alcatel and is called lucent-alcatel now. Was a great company
a typical day at work
Software Engg III(Senior Software Engg) Mgr20/20 (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CADecember 27, 2013
Pros: no free lunch/parties
Cons: bad healthcare
Company was not doing too well. They were cutting costs at all ends.
Advanced Diagnostics Engineer (ES) CMS (Former Employee), Highlands Ranch, CODecember 11, 2013
Pros: virtual office
Cons: high workload
My typical Day at work is to get escalations for a Product called Call Management System, I also would receive requests to assist in installs for our client application called CMS Supervisor. I was the Subject Matter expert for this application and would assist installing it in many different environments. I recently was laid off due to cuts being done – more... in the whole Avaya organization and will miss all of my co-workers and those that made me the IT professional I am today – less
Productive, results oriented
Business Planning/ Operations Manager (Former Employee), New Jersey areaDecember 11, 2013
As a business operations manager, accountable for R&Ds financial budget. My management is supportive of their team. I have flexible work hours when needed if not during a critical hand-off period, which was extremely appreciated.
Company's change in direction
Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee), Highlands Ranch, CODecember 10, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: continued out sourcing has made it an unstable place to work
Was once a great company to work for but do to out sourcing and change in company direction has become a dead end company to work for. With no training and little room for advancement has become a place to be from and for going to.
I would not go back now.
System Applications Specialist (Former Employee), Westminster, CONovember 29, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: top heavy management, all about numbers and quantity
upper management is poor, always changing! no concern for the customer. the company lowered head count to reduce expenses, rather than pursue organic growth of the business.
Poor upper management
System Application Specialist (Former Employee), Westminster, CONovember 24, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: bad environment
upper management is poor, always changing! no concern for the customer
Good place to work.
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Basking Ridge, NJSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: good place to work.
Cons: contract work.
It was contract work. Respond to help desk trouble tickets.

1 2 3 4 5

About Avaya

Avaya helps to tie the corporate world together. The company's communication equipment and software integrate voice and data services – Read more