Avaya Employee Reviews

Chapter 11 Bankruptcy
Regional Channel Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CASeptember 21, 2017
4 billion in Matured Debt - Chapter 11 bankruptcy= layoffs... Sold off portions of the business in order to stay afloat that jeopardized 1000's of jobs
Pros
Good Product Line
Cons
4 Billion in Debt forced layoffs
Dedicated Tech Work Force
Senior Telecommunications Technician (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 19, 2017
Was an Dedicated Technician for the State ITS account for 19+ years, was surplussed due to state spending cut on the dedicated tech work force. Avaya did not have work for me and the seven other techs on the outside so they laid us off,
Fun startup to work
Software Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 18, 2017
Work is fun at a small, startup company where you know every member of the team. Company provide free coffee, management is relaxed and every day is a learning process. It feels jubilant to be part of test team that deliver early vpn security product to market.
Pros
Free coffee, company is close to home
Cons
Management can't keep good people
na
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Basking Ridge, NJSeptember 17, 2017
typical day at work is fine. management is fine. most enjoyable part of the job is people. hardest part of the job is data mining. workplace culture is fine.
A constant struggle
Sr. Manager, Sales Communications (Former Employee) –  Basking Ridge, NJSeptember 15, 2017
My recollections of Avaya are less pertinent than whatever's currently in the news, as the company is still struggling to emerge from bankruptcy. I will say the company has successfully transitioned from a hardware-centric company to a software company. At the time I worked there, management and leadership was generally very sloppy.
Chapter 11
Channel Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 11, 2017
Poorly run, high debt. people dropping like flies. Lack of a solid solution. All over the board. Gone through multiple levels of management. Including staff from Cisco, who have since left Avaya since Avaya filed Bankruptcy.
Benefits
Cons
Poor Management
Unlimited learning opportunity.
Customer Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WASeptember 4, 2017
When I was there we were encouraged to learn new things on our own. there were also manditory training and also teaching oportunities. If we found out something new or impressive we were encouraged to share it in a meeting.
It was a good job
Systems Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 1, 2017
It was a good job, now the company is going through bankruptcy and lots of layoffs. The pay WAS great, paid benefits, vacation and sick time. The culture was nonexistent, do you work and come home.
Pros
Pay and benfits
Cons
culture, employee value
Solid company, poor management.
Marketing Director, Carib. Cent-am, North Cone (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 1, 2017
Had a great opportunity to affect the marketing effort of a fairly large region. Regrettably, management was very hung up. Ethernet legacy employees (AT&T days) versus the newer workforce. These conflicts hindered free flow of ideas. Many good people left.
Pros
Benefits package. Potential for advancement.
Cons
Old ideas, old processes. Big divide between employees based on tenure.
Productive and good place to work.
Sr. Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXAugust 31, 2017
A good balance of work place and private life. I experienced good exposure to new technologies and the problem domain was very interesting at time. The company is coming at of bankruptcy after several years of being under the poor leadership of an equity firm.
Pros
Growth and balance of work/life was good.
Cons
Total lack of leadership after acquistion.
Fun and Fast Paced
Server (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 29, 2017
I learned to multitask with taking orders and deliver them to the correct seatings. Learned to greet guests and make it a fantastic experience for them. Management are awesome, my supervisor is very attentive to my needs and requests. The hardest part of the job would be to learn the menu of all the alcoholic beverages, but you will get the hang of it eventually.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
would be nice if we get pay $15/hr
Working with my customers because they were happy for my service and showed how they appreciate good service.
Software Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 29, 2017
I had a really good relationship with my customers and they appreciated what I could offer them. I handled all there basic needs when there phone systems went down. I would move there phones from one location to another. I would fix the phone system went it went down.
Pros
free lunches sometimes, good beneifits
Cons
work was very stressful
Challenging and rewarding
Vendor Manager Sr. Associate (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MAAugust 28, 2017
Avaya was both challenging and rewarding to work for. They are loaded with talent at many levels in the company. There are a ton of people you can reach out to help. I thought the management team did an excellent job communicating goals,strategies and vision. I always felt valued.Would have like to have better benefits but they were sufficient.

Overall great culture.
Pros
Being able to work remotely
Cons
Benefits were below average
Chapter 11
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 27, 2017
Company leadership not strong, which resulted in loss of revenue, surpluses and layoffs, including mine. Toxic environment, filled with fear of more layoffs. Jobs outsourced overseas and dozens of American associates released in last 3 years. The company lacks loyalty to its faithful employees in the USA.
Pros
Great pay weekly, and benefits, union representation
Cons
Poor job security, constant layoff concerns.
Large corporation with excellent benefits
VOICE NETWORK ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COAugust 24, 2017
I was treated very well here and thought the entire experience was generally positive. Great salary and benefits with adequate time off. Lots of room for growth and advancement.
Get place to work
Cyber Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAAugust 22, 2017
good people, good learning with technologies and security within the DOD environment. I don't believe this company is around anymore. I believe they were bought out by Cambridge.
Awful place to work
Senior Manager, Supply Chain Strategy (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCAugust 14, 2017
Even with the high pay structure the turn over rate is unbelievable. I entered the company with six other senior managers and after one year was the only one left. The entire senior leadership team turned over during the one year I was there. Each department guards their data intensely and will refuse to share even though you work at the same company. Don't expect any training or support/guidance on how to complete the vague objectives you are assigned. It was the worst year of my 20 year management career.
Pros
high base pay
Cons
no leadership, vague assignments, no sharing of data/information between departments
A great company to work for if you can find a job there.
CUSTOMER SYSTEMS ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 14, 2017
Even though Avaya has filed for bankruptcy protection, it is still a viable entity in the telecommunications industry. Their elimination of field technicians is disheartening, but other roles at Avaya seem to be in demand.
Poorly defined duties and goals
Network Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MAAugust 10, 2017
Overall, this company had some dedicated loyal employees from prior acquisitions. The company was in constant turmoil from financial difficulties. Corporate message was not unified and the company didn't totally embrace acquisitions from 2008.
Pros
Some brilliant people to work with
Cons
Poor leadership and lack of direction poor communication
Avaya
Services Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 9, 2017
Due to financial trouble,Avaya seems to be going away or dwindling down. They overwork employees beyond reasonable hours. I do not recommend working for this company. Potential prospective employees beware.
Pros
few
Cons
incredible work hours and overloaded