AVEDA INSTITUTE OF NEW MEXICO – Albuquerque
Our mission at AVEDA Institute of New Mexico is to care for the world we live in, from the products we make to the ways in which we give back to society. At Aveda, we strive to set an example for environmental leadership and responsibility, not just in the world of beauty, but around the world.
We are currently looking for a full time FINANCIAL AID ADVISOR who will be responsible for all aspects of the financial aid program including instructing students on the application process, making decisions regarding scholarships, grants and other financial assistance.
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN A STUDENT’S LIFE!
- Meet with students, parents and others to explain options available for financial aid and the details of the financial aid application and awarding process
- Understand all aspects of Title IV funding and maintain the integrity of the program by processing applications, updating all databases in a timely manner and executing all other requirements to ensure compliance.
- Determine eligibility for financial aid and federal funds in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, policies, guidelines and other governing criteria
- Develop and formulate appropriate aid packages for students, produce and distribute financial award notifications, and ensure that the financial aid is appropriately dispersed and credited to the students’ accounts
- Approve payment arrangements
- Review each student aid recipient’s academic performance and determine whether proper progress is being achieved
- Work closely with accounting department with audits requirements and write off requests
- Utilize the Smart System to maintain dollars awarded and returned
- Prepare monthly/quarterly projections for Corporate Office and the Department of Education
- Oversee collections on past due accounts
- Current certification in the Fundamentals of Title IV Administration strongly preferred
- 3 years prior experience in financial aid (Beauty/Cosmetology Educational industry preferred)
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Detail-oriented, organized and self-motivated
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing; including proficiency in speaking – classroom and/or public sector
- Ability to multi-task under demanding and fast-paced circumstances
- Passion for education, leadership, and mentoring of staff
- Must pass background check/credit verification
- Honest, cooperative, compassionate, patient, problem solving, ownership spirit
The Aveda Institute New Mexico is one of 57 worldwide, internationally acclaimed centers of learning for future professionals in the fields of cosmetology and esthiology. Comprehensive programs blending basic theory with practical experience in real-life salon and spa environments are offered. Students receive exclusive training in Aveda service delivery, product knowledge and Aveda’s mission. The Aveda Institute New Mexico was honored by Salon Today Magazine as one of the Top 200 Salons in the United States in 2012.
To learn more about us, visit http://www.avedanm.com/
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER