Aveda Employee Reviews

great brand and school to attend
Sales associate/ master stylist/ makeup artist (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLNovember 28, 2016
i would recommend this job to any growing makeup artist. I played a very important roll at mac and it helped me master my artistry skills.
Pros
gratis
Cons
sales
Great company to work for!
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Blaine, MNSeptember 23, 2016
Aveda is a great company to work for! They have great benefits, and definitely care about their employees. Management is very open and willing to listen when it comes to ideas from all levels which is nice. Aveda has invested a good deal of training into its employees and I am very appreciative of that.
Pros
Great benefits
Company that treats employees very welll
Senior Process Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Blaine, MNSeptember 19, 2016
I was always very busy at work. The company is very employee friendly and treated us well. The hardest part of the job was new management. The most enjoyable part of the job was we were always evolving (never a boring day!).
I loved Aveda
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 18, 2016
They taught me so much and offered many training opportunities. The staff was very friendly. The utilities were great and the products were amazing.
why do i have to do this
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento County, CAJuly 6, 2016
Accomplished in designing ground-breaking solutions for global brands and retailers. Exceptionally well-versed in all aspects of strategic business development with an impressive track record of generating sales growth and expanding revenue streams within the territory for salons. Decisive, strategic, and results-driven with an extraordinary talent for building client relationships. Committed to improving bottom-line profitability while achieving the highest levels of customer satisfaction. dfkske .
Wonderful company and relaxing environment
Keyholder (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJuly 2, 2016
A typical day at work consists of opening the store, facing merchandise, and greeting and talking to guests. I learned a lot about Aveda as a wholesome company - everything is plant and flower based, fair trade is the lifeblood of the company, and they care deeply for every customer. Management is cohesive and knowledgeable. Co-workers are few, but very friendly and helpful. Hardest part of the job is learning ingredients in the products. Most enjoyable part is talking and entertaining our customers.
Pros
Great pay, close staff
Cons
Few hours
Amazing
FRONT DESK COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Cinco Ranch, TXJune 9, 2016
Great company with great benefits, been working with them for over a year and its been great!

A great work enviroment and excellent employee service
Fast-paced, busy, laid back, culturally diverse
Sort-to-stage/distribution center (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNMay 27, 2016
Fast-paced and good job to do if one likes to stay busy
A lot of bending/twisting/pushing/pulling
Management very caring about safety of their employees
Co-workers very helpful
I was cross trained on shipping, palletizing, picking 120 locations, how to use an electrical pallet jack, auditing, loose pick
Company some what often held enjoyable warehouse joined together lunches, games, benefits
moveing rigs
Swamper (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXApril 18, 2016
i would help with rig moves it was a good job just got laid off butr it was pretty goo, the coworkers we ok good to get along withthe most
Its ok
Advisor (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaApril 4, 2016
Nice. Nice discount, easy work environment and fun things to do to keep you busy. Great healthcare benefits and other things
Pros
discount
Guest-focused, Innovative, Environmentally Conscious
Lead Advisor/Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 2, 2016
Aveda is an excellent brand. The culture is very supportive of individual growth. Environmental stewardship is alway a focus at Aveda, from the ingredients used to make the products to fundraising to protect water locally and abroad.
"Wow-ing" guests comes first. Everyone should leave feeling better than when they walked in. Our small team works under the leadership of the District Manager, Education Leader and beyond to ensure brand prestige. And, therefore, guests satisfaction and retention.
Working for Aveda I have learned an elevated level of professionalism. I have also had the opportunity to develop skills in inventory management, Salonbiz software, and myriad hair tricks.
The most enjoyable part of the job is connecting with and delighting guests. We help people find solutions and to feel cared for.
productive and fun place to work
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJMarch 22, 2016
Aveda is a team player kind of company . Understanding of your needs and try their best to make everyone happy so that they can enjoy their career . Happy people brings happy results
Pros
great company
Cons
healthcare. not enough hours, parttime
fun work place
Front Desk/Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 18, 2016
This was my 1st job as a cosmetologist and it was an amazing experience. The staff was great and extremely helpful, the training was great.
Pros
discount at JcPenney's
Cons
no cons
very slow work environment
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAFebruary 19, 2016
Aveda was a very calming work environment to work in, it always smelled of an essential oil that immediately hit you as you walked through the door.
A great group of employees and excellent product and philisophical integrity.
Sales Associate and Spa Appointment Booking (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 9, 2016
I loved working part time at Aveda. It was a great group of people focused on wellness and beauty and making people feel and look beautiful. Making people relaxed through the benefits of Aromatherapy was our business! The atmosphere was great too as we were adjacent to the beautiful Alexis Hotel in Seattle.
Pros
Good people, great discount, environmentally progressive.
Cons
The pay wasn't good.
Good on paper, typically horrible in real life.
Management (Former Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 8, 2016
This company is an HR nightmare in terms of workplace environment/caliber of recruits. The job itself is really great for someone who enjoys the beauty industry. But if you are serious about your contribution to the industry, your knowledge, skill set, and ability to connect with people, this is NOT the environment for you. They don't value those with beauty industry expertise. Save your sanity and take your talents elsewhere.
great atmosphere and wonderful customer service
Salon Manager / Regional Educator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 16, 2016
Typical day at work includes opening the shop, counting the draw, checking voicemails and demand force appointment requests and reviews.
Set up the daily goals for the salon and individuals
Respond to reviews on Demand Force
Respond to customers complaints
Slow
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Marshall, TXNovember 2, 2015
Jobs are few and between, work has slowed down. Company is not out selling itself. Need to work to have a lifestyle.nothing more to tell.
Poor Management
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Blaine,MNOctober 18, 2015
I worked there for a year in hopes to get hired full time to receive a forklift position. The management did not even know my schedule and they changed managers frequently. The pay was horrible since I was working for Masterson staffing.
Pros
Got off for Government holidays
Cons
Pay, Management
Terrible
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 22, 2015
If you work in a store the main objective is to make money and push sales but the tactics are very disturbing and borderline annoying to the customer.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Constant pressure from upper management/ turnover is terrible

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aveda. Our community is ready to answer.