Aveda

Aveda Employee Reviews

Great workplace with great benefits.
Lead Advisor (Current Employee), Broomfield, COJune 15, 2015
Pros: Discount, retail enviornment, products.
Cons: Management depending on which store you are at.
Great workplace, overall positive experience. In both stores that I have worked at, I had a very fun and upbeat team. The company offers great pay and a really great discount. We do a lot of events with salons and other companies that make your job really enjoyable.
Creative and Stimulating
Executive Sales Administrator (Former Employee), Waltham, MAJune 15, 2015
Aveda is a great place to work for women and men who are driven, creative and wish to learn from the best. I left because of personal reasons and have days I wish I could go back. I enjoyed the people of Aveda a positive group who strive to make the product and services the very best while maintaining sustainability and planet friendly products.
Great place to be
Retail Advisor (Current Employee), Vernon Hills, ILJune 4, 2015
Working at Aveda is fun. It's a great atmosphere and you learn a lot more than what you think you knew already. The products are great! Your typical day at work is basically checking in orders doing inventory answering phones and helping guests when they come in.
Great Place to Work
Team Leader (Current Employee), FloridaMay 25, 2015
Aveda is a great company to work for. For full time employees their are several great benefits. Aveda also offers a great employee discount and education for all advisers to be succesful
Aveda is a great company to work for. Great stylist. Great environment an absolute pleasure
Hair Stylist (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 16, 2015
A tropical work day to do your job to the best of your ability. Which means to give great service and ensure client satisfaction.
Production at Aveda Corp.
Packaging Operator (Former Employee), Blaine, MNApril 8, 2015
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: Pay, driving distance
The daily things I did while working at Aveda Corp. was line production and packaging. What I learned while working there was simple box packaging, line inspection, and assembly. Management was okay seeing – more... how there wasn't a lot of issue about production. My co-workers were friendly and talkative making the work enjoyable. Hardest part of the job was just standing up at the line production since they don't provide chairs. The most enjoyable of the job was during lunch time. – less
very hard work
Packager/line Lead (Former Employee), Blaine, MNMarch 24, 2015
just a typical day

i learned alot working on an assembly line

Management they were alright

just typical co-workers

just about everything working on an assembly line

most enjoyable: no having to wear uniforms
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAMarch 12, 2015
Great place to work! Ethnic culture and great green awareness! Great training! There is a lot to learn but a very rewarding job! Schedule is flexible and leadership is always there to help!
Store Supervisor (Former Employee), San Mateo, CAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: quarterly bonuses
Cons: mall hours
Flexible hours, great products, happy work environment, friendly, welcoming. Great customers. Quarterly bonuses. Great discounts. An overall great place to work
Productive, fun, and fast paced environment!
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Blaine, MNMarch 2, 2015
Pros: independence, fun, and laughter at times!
Cons: n/a
A typical day at Aveda consists of hard work and dedication. Being hard at work and dedicating yourself makes the days go by quickly and produces lots of good quality. At Aveda, I've learned the importance – more... of working as a team and having good relationships with coworkers. Getting to know your co-workers will help both parties fill in each others weaknesses and that to me is team work. My most enjoyable thing at Aveda was working back in hair color because it was very fast paced and I loved the people I worked with. – less
Great Place to Work if you agree with the Aveda lifestyle
Lead Advisor (Current Employee), Bellevue, WashingtonFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: great benefits, tuition reimbursement program, opportunity for advancement
For people who don't understand the importance of holistic beauty and wellness, it's hard to comprehend and really enjoy the job but for people who care about the environment and the people they get to work with everyday, it is very rewarding. If you work hard for this company, they will work hard for you.
responsible and safe work place
Sanitizer (Current Employee), Blaine, MNFebruary 23, 2015
i learned how to clean the storage tanks and the mix tanks after they had been used by the different types of hair product that aveda makes.
Evironmental Company, an amazing support system to grow within the company
Lead Retail Advisor (Current Employee), Arlington, VAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: bounses
Cons: retail hoilday schedule
I absolutely love working for a company who mission is greater than what you consume out of the store. In every way we are providing for indigenous countries by the materials we use for the products we – more... make, it provides homes food and clothing for them. In the retail atmosphere we are really busy throughout the day between making sure our customers is receiving 5 star customer service with complimentary tea & SSR. I personally am responsible for the visuals as well and helping out with the stock room. All in all with this job you meet lots of different people so the things you learn and the laughs are limitless while working productively at Aveda. – less
Great company but growing too fast?
Manager (Current Employee), USADecember 16, 2014
Pros: great discount, great coworkers and customers
Cons: work/life balance, out of touch corporate offices, lazy culture at some stores
There's a palpable feeling of purpose at every level in this company. It's what keeps many associates working for this brand for decades. Customers are also drinking the kool aid and are for the most part – more... kind, engaged people to be interacting with all day.

Work/Life balance is like anyone would expect in retail; not great but tolerable if you know what you're signing up for.

Some stores set a low bar for visuals and execution of corporate direction which can be frustrating.

My major critique of this company would be that it is growing very quickly and corporate seems to scramble to provide accurate support for stores. People are stretched very thin at corporate and it can be hard to get the support for what is needed to run a successful business. If Aveda wants to compete as a luxury cosmetics brand they will need to elevate the standard and get ahead of promotions, events, and have a more competitive wage/bonus system. – less
great job
EDUCATOR/ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 21, 2014
I really miss this place. Everything is awesome. Great co-workers great benefits great opportunities for advancement, great pay. I didn't know what I had here until I got stuck in this new job that I hate. I miss Aveda so much. Would highly recommend.
Fun friendly exciting
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Northbrook, ILNovember 3, 2014
Pros: fun friendly
Cons: slow-paced
slow-paced but very professional and ever changing products. Loved the creative part of the job
Always a great at day aveda
Assistant Team Leader (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 20, 2014
Great job when it came to products.But it came to sales they wasn't big on it .Company care about well being of their customers. And not sales .one of my favorite jobs i ever had .
Productive and fun work place
Process Lead (Current Employee), Blaine, MNAugust 5, 2014
Pros: working with different types of people
Cons: repetitive work
Process Lead.
Machine operator, Process coordinator.

run machine. train new employees. help others with SAP.
Productive learning environment where its always a great day
Student (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 28, 2014
Aveda is a great place to attend school, they go above and beyond in teaching you the basics of cosmetology. The hardest part of schooling was counting down the hours until you were done. The staff and educators are always on your side.
Freelance makeup artist
Freelance Advisor (Former Employee), Blaine, MNJuly 16, 2014
I had the freedom to create my own schedule while I was working full time. A creative outlet.

1 2 3

About Aveda

The company's Estée and Bobbi are counted among some of the closest friends to women worldwide. Estée Lauder sells cosmetics, – Read more

Aveda Salaries