Aveda Employee Reviews

Aveda Life
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 11, 2017
Aveda provides a community environment to its employee's. Aveda is a company with a strong mission in which they support in many ways every single day. I would highly recommend this company to anyone seeking employment in the sales field
Very good place to work if you want to make alot of money Monthly
Driver (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 21, 2017
I worked about 90-100 hours per week moving Rigs.
The only Reason i left was i did not get enough time with my Family that Lived clear across the state. i was missing seeing my child grow up.
Pros
great pay and a lot of hours
Cons
Wwork 100 hours a week 3 weeks the off a week. not getting enough time off to rest properly
Great company, products and environment to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 15, 2017
Making a customers day can be one of the most fulfilling when you work at Aveda. As a natural born problem solver I enjoyed placing a product in the hand of a client who had a genuine need.

The plant based aromas are a plus to spend your day in and around. As the manager of the store, my focus was make the store a fun place to be and for the customer to want to return.

Standing on marble floors during work shifts was challenging yet the job of meeting sales quotas by merely having a connecting with the client was most rewarding.

Exception company culture. I love Aveda.
Pros
Great products and discounts. Company philosophy is a plus
Cons
Retail hours and holiday season is especially busy
great people and benfits, poor pay
Manager, Analytics & Strategy Planning (Current Employee) –  Blaine, MNSeptember 11, 2017
The people you work with are great! Also, the benefits are good as Aveda is umbrella'd under Estee Lauder. Great discount on product.

Salary is NOT competitive! negotiate as much as you can for initial position into the company b/c annual merit increases are minimal (3%). Bonuses are better, but taxed differently.
Pros
benefits and people
Cons
salary and career development
Beauty is My Life
Aveda Advisor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 19, 2017
I received hands on training in the beauty industry which allowed me to translate that to my customers through makeup application, skincare consultations and massages. I still love beauty today
n/a
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNJune 26, 2017
A accomplishment and contribute to the company. Very capable, dependable, responsible. Hard- worker and fast-learne. Can speak, read and write in English, Belorussian, Russian and polish.
I think AVEDA is done
Salon Development Partner (Former Employee) –  MichiganJune 23, 2017
Company used to be amazing, but got too elitest for it's own good. Has alienated it's best customers, and bullied it's way into small accounts. Run.
productive and fast paced enviornment to work in
Line Lead (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MN 55449June 20, 2017
This is a very fast paced environment to work in when your in the production area. Quality is very important. Your on your feet for 8 hours a day and always moving. you must have machine and computer knowledge! The benefits are good, and the pay of fair.
benefits
Cons
the repetition you do on a daily basis
Great place to get clients.
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJune 14, 2017
In spite of the issues of management, it was a good place to work as we always had new clients because of the name. The profits are very popular & that brought in clients also.
Join the cult!
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Somerset CollectionJune 14, 2017
No, just kidding. Aveda provides a wonderful environment for those who love retail. You will learn a lot about eastern principles to health and wellness. And if you're into aromatherapy, this is the place for you!
Pros
Endless education
Cons
Unless you love retail...
A few productive days
Shampoo Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJune 6, 2017
Some of the employee's where racist, but overall the job was great wish I could've stayed longer. I loved the clients and some of my coworkers. They always made me feel welcomed. I loved the experience.
Great!
Sales (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 31, 2017
Loved working there. I had a great experience and I would only talk about the management to be careful who you work for. The management switched on me halfway through me working and that caused some issues in the company.
I love it, but I'm stuck
Advisor/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 27, 2017
I love working for Aveda. The company truly does love their employees and gives them gratis for new products and really wants you to love the products. Which, I really do love the products. However, as an advisor, there is nowhere for me to go. Because of how the chain of management works, I'm unable to move up into the assistant manager position because I have no management experience and my lead won't move up into the assistant position. Because I'm only an advisor I don't get full time or benefits (even though I'm actually working around 35 hours per week). To me, they are taking advantage of my time without giving me PTO/Sick time or insurance. Also, they say they aren't commision based, but your bonus is highly dependant on your sales goals which can be hundreds of dollars added on, but when it comes to returns its all about "the team numbers". All and all, if you want to be amazing at retail then Aveda offers excellent training, but it really is "commissioned based" even though they say its not.
Pros
gratis, education, discount
Cons
hard to move up
Engaging workplace that genuinely cares about their employees
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 15, 2017
Aveda is a workplace that very much wants to see their employees succeed. They are very health conscious and care about the environment. The upper management are engaging and in no way condescending. Work here if you can.
Avoid at all cost!
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 4, 2017
If you're ethical, or hold yourself to a moral compass stay away. It seems all very holistic and balanced at first. Then district management back doors and undermines store management.
Na
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNApril 27, 2017
As a Lab technician, my role was to be responsible for viscosity/pH testing of overall product attribute and stability testing for skin care products. I was also required to formulate skin care products, which included mixing chemical and material in accordance with their formulation standards. I assisted with lab upkeep, cleaning, labeling, stocking, ordering materials and other task needed in the lab. I was, also, responsible for documenting data and maintaining accurate measurements for batches.
Progressive, green workplace
Part-Time Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 14, 2017
Being 19 years old, I was the youngest employee at the store, which resulted in a lot of my good work being overlooked and other older employees that were hired after me getting promotions before me. There were a lot of issues with management and although I was on good terms with everyone, I didn't receive as much commendation for my good work.
Pros
flexible hours, very calm setting
Cons
short breaks and lunch, there is a LOT to learn (3+ training courses with more throughout the year)
Easy work enviornment
Assembly Line Worker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNMarch 8, 2017
A typical day at work at Aveda was not very challenging. it consisted of taking position at the a assembly line and occasionally running small errands for your assembly line leader
It's been a while.
Packager/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNFebruary 13, 2017
Aveda is a beauty salon type place as best I'm aware. Now, I was in the manufacturing aspect, bottling shampoos and conditioners and whatnot. For convenience they had a few box making machines, card board boxes not like metal boxes.
Good company overall, not a lot of employee incentive
Senior Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJanuary 3, 2017
Worked here for a while and each year they cut back on employee benefits and don't maintain or upkeep the salon esthetic (The number one customer complaint). Bonus is you set your own prices which are high, and they are lenient on you taking days off.