This position has responsibility for properly packaging patient medications and using appropriate delivery method to ensure patient receives medication and supplies on the day requested. Individual is responsible for ensuring medication is delivered to the address requested by the patient and is able to track the status of the medication at all times.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures work stations are properly stocked with supplies
- Place daily order using Amerisource COE
- Consistently track inventory levels and notify supervisor if stock is low
- Check all medication being dispensed for expiration dates
- Follows proper procedures for filling controlled substance prescriptions
- Ensures all non-pharmacy staff (including visitors and vendors adhere to laws)
- Accurately fills and counts drug product selection
- Adheres to all AZSBOP R&R when filling prescriptions (including refill logs)
- Accurately and quickly enters shipping information into FedEx Ship Manager
- Verifies addresses using FedEx Ship Manager or USPS website before label prints
- Packages orders neatly and according to established guidelines
- Completes special projects assigned by supervisor or director
KNOWLEDGES SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of FedEx and USPS shipping software
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced working environment
- Ability to multi-mask and meet deadlines with little supervision
- Strong data entry skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work individually or in a team environment
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) strongly preferred
- Excellent attendance and punctuality records
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or equivalent
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS
- Certified and licensed pharmacy technician preferred
- A minimum of a Technician in Training license required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment are characteristic of those found in a typical mail order facility environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
JOB DESCRIPTION STATUS
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description are illustrative ones anticipated for this position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, as required. Avella reserves the right to amend or change this job description to meet the needs of the program. This job description and any attachments do not constitute or represent a contract.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/W/D/V.