Avella Specialty Pharmacy Employee Reviews

very staff friendly workplace
Customer Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 11, 2017
working here is very comfortable. the staff is amazing to work with. like in 30 min and breaks are 15 min. work can sometimes be fast paced. its an alright place.
Pros
active workplace
Cons
not enough leadership. no where to expand in the workplace.
what I learned
Specialty Care Coordinator II/ PA Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 25, 2017
Avella has given me a chance to learn and advance my knowledge in the clinical aspect of the Pharmacy. Getting to work with a lot of different clinics and hospitals and learning about all the different medications and what they are used for has given me a better close-up understanding of the medications that are being prescribed for these patients. That is probably the number one thing I want to thank Avella for, is giving me the opportunity broaden my view of the Pharmacy world beyond tiny capsules and tablets.
Great company
Verification Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 19, 2017
Very good work/life balance. Very good managers and supervisors. Company is extremely pro employee. Ability to create new responsibilities and job description.
Management has not respect for their employees.
CPhT II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 22, 2017
company offer the opportunity for advancement after six months of hiring. False! If they hire you as a Spanish speaking , be ready to be in the position for as long you are with the company.
Pros
Cons
Looking for a company that will reward their employees with $$, not this company. But they will buy you lunch once a month.
Apply
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 11, 2017
Solid Company to work for, retail can be tough but good company to work for. Expected to run a myriad of different tasks. Good management pretty solid benefits as well
Awesome team and outstanding company.
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  MC, SC, TN, VAJune 8, 2017
Executive team is one of the best I've worked with. Salary and compensations are good, commission could be higher. Great support of the field team. Total benefit package outstanding!
Pros
Culture, work life balance
Cons
Security
Peductive and fun place to work
Specialty Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 25, 2017
My typical day at work would be helping patients to have their medication ready. I learned how medication get process before getting field, its really interesting all the step you have to take before filling the medication. What I really like about this company they are very well organize and are willing help you when you need the help. The best part we always have potluck.
Big corporation, small company feel
Specialty Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 7, 2017
Enjoyed working here. Only left due to my family relocating. Was able to learn many different areas of the pharmacy in less than a year. The management team allowed me to change job titles as long as I showed that I could handle it. Only downfall was I didn't feel that my willingness to go above and beyond was properly compensated. That being said I would go back if I ever move to an area where this company is.
Pros
Lots of free lunches, plenty of paid holidays, good benefits
Cons
Small raises
upbeat
Pharmacy Tech (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL 32819January 31, 2017
This is a specialty pharmacy that ships free medications to patients that meet qualifications, A lot of data entry is involved. I manly fill and help with shipping.
not a good place to work
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 21, 2017
the techs well most of them are great, one pharmacist is ok, the other is mean to certain techs. calls 1 his favorite and makes everyone else feel like nothing. At interview i was told i would be doing other than data entry that's all i've done and run cash register. you feel like an overpaid cashier.
Pros
most of the techs are great
Cons
low pay, treatment from male rph

Want to know more about Avella Specialty Pharmacy?

Ask a question
Ok
Clinical Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJanuary 17, 2017
Pharmacy exposed staff to specialty medications; mail-order pharmacy dispensed to all 50 states and Puerto Rico. Patients received medications at no charge because of they enrolled in the drug manufacturer's patient assistance programs
pharmacy tech
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 19, 2016
Best place to work if you don't want to interact with costumers. You basically just fill orders, pack and print labels for shipping.
Seeking financial assistance for high cost prescriptions
PA/Financial Assistance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Deer Valley, AZApril 5, 2016
Outbound/inbound calls to patients or providers to gather or verify financial information to submit or create applications. Update the systems we grants information approvals or denials.
Daily calls to non-profit organizations or manufactures on applications follow ups. Respond to others stores questions about financial assistance availability for prescriptions or diagnosis. Reply to daily emails requesting applications status. Print faxes received from patients or providers with financial documents or signed applications to complete and submit applications for review. Assist on setting prescriptions deliveries when call volume was high or transferring calls to the appropriate departments based on track specialty. Assist supervisor with grant financial questions.
Pros
Friendly environment, Monday thru Fridays hours.
Cons
Short staff
ok place to work
Professional Shipping Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 11, 2016
worked my tail off for the company for 9 and a half years and was let go for no apparent reason. a typical day at work is always busy always having to answer phones. management only cares about hitting sales numbers every month and less about the employees that work there. loved all my co-workers.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
horrible management
great for your resume
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJanuary 3, 2016
I loved my job I did escalation for 4 medication and I truly enjoyed what I did. Management could use some classes on proper actions when you are a manager, but as far the work I did my patients were amazing and I enjoyed everyday.
Churn and Burn
IT Support Tech (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 25, 2015
Think twice and then think again. Management is not grounded in reality and focused on either selling this company or taking it public. There is not week that goes by where they are eliminating a position or letting groups of people go.
Pros
The employees
Cons
The management and laughable bonus program.
A good company culture
Pharmacy technician Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLOctober 19, 2015
A very good company to work for as a dispensing technician. An effective team environment with positive coaching and training. A fun place to work and challenge your career.
Pros
free lunches, organizational culture
Avella
Specialty Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 8, 2015
This was a company that provided great benefits that you can advance with. You work on a team with like 5 other people to accomplish the goals for the specific team. The teams generally work well together.
Pros
occasional bonuses
Cons
angry patients
Call center environment
Account Representative, Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 18, 2015
Loved helping customers with their needs. Great staff. Not enough training. Management not giving much help. Job security was always an issue.
Pros
Always giving free lunches and some bonus
Cons
Not enough training
great place to work
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 24, 2015
CPSA has been a great place to work. Very employee friendly environment starting from the CEO all the way down to the managers