Avenica Employee Reviews

Great company, fun employees, good management
Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Twin Cities, MNDecember 15, 2017
Really enjoy Avenica and the work we do everyday finding college graduates career starting positions. Sitting down and getting to know each candidate that comes through our door is the favorite part of my day. Having open, humble and hard working candidates makes my job easy and fun! Day to day I get to interview candidates, talk with them about potential positions, coach them through the interview preparation process and extend offers to get them started! Our team lead/manager is very straight forward and direct, but also takes a laid back approach to empower us to make the role our own.

The only drawback is working with angry candidates when you are honest with them about what is realistic for their experience level, or if their interests don't align with the positions you currently have open. It's unfortunate we can't help every single person that we talk with, but it's more tough when they act rude and unprofessional on top of that when you're being transparent with them.

Overall a really great place to work, learn and grow both personally and professionally.
Pros
Great culture, team environment, positive atmosphere, company mission
Cons
Angry candidates, unprofessional candidates
Great company!
Senior Talent Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 14, 2017
Helping grads get their foot in the door is incredibly rewarding. The only downside to working here is that you can't help everyone. Grads do not always come out of school with realistic expectations of the job market or what it means to be entry level. Also, we don't fill every type of position so we don't always have available opportunities for what each grad is looking for. For the most part we are able to find open minded humble grads really amazing opportunities. We also help guide grads who are a bit lost on their career path find options that fit their interests. Over all this is a company comprised of great people doing great things for recent college graduates at the entry level.
Helping grads!
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 14, 2017
The job search is one of the most challenging tasks one faces as a new grad. It is difficult to know where skills and background fit and most job postings out there as for several years of experience. I have the rewarding opportunity to help connect grads with jobs that will be a fit for more than just a basic job description.

Our management team is very supportive and driven by integrity over dollars. It is clear that helping the grad and our hiring partners find a good fit is our mission - not just pushing people in to any job like some staffing companies do. I love our consulting approach.

It can be challenging to work with so many different personalities between our candidates and our clients at times, as is managing the endless stream of emails - but communication is key and as someone who loves to meet new people and help as much as possible, I know the challenge is worth the outcome.

The most frustrating part of my job is not being able to find a match for every candidate that applies with us, but I am happy that we have helped well over 10,000 and counting.
Pros
Independence, benefits, networking
Cons
Very fast pace, parking is a challenge
Great opportunity
Professional Associate (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAOctober 27, 2017
To be honest, I didn't know what to expect. When I first applied to Gradstaff (Avenica), I wasn't sure if they could find me a job. But to my surprise within a week, they found something for me. They asked me the typical questions to see what I was interested in and what I was looking for. There was a position available and I was able to get an interview within the first couple of weeks. They were constantly by my side throughout the process and constantly checked in on me and gave me great advice. I am now a permanent at my job and I am enjoying every minute of what I am doing and am constantly learning something new. Thank you to the Phoenix team for everything!
Pros
Too many to list
December 14, 2017

Thanks for sharing your experience! The Phoenix team is certainly a great group and our goal as a company is to help grads like you find a position that is the right match.

Don't bother trying to work with this agency.
College Graduate (Former Employee) –  St. Charles, MOSeptember 20, 2017
This company is such a scam. They claim they are trying to help college graduates. Unless you want a job flipping burgers somewhere they have literally nothing for you. They were incredibly rude and after I told them what job fields I was interested in (I'm not very picky and have many fields I would love to start my career in!) they declared that I should just continue my job search on my own because they have nothing for me. This company claims that they are not like other temp agencies. They're right, they're actually much worse. At least at other agencies they TRY to help you find a job. With this company if you don't just want some really horrible job flipping burgers they have nothing for you. Such a waste of my time.
November 9, 2017

I am sorry that our team was unable to find a good match for you. Our focus is finding the right fit based on a vast number of points, and not just any job. Our ability help a grad with their job search depends on not only the applicant's background, skills, and desires, but also what opportunities our hiring partners have open at a given time. Our hiring partners enlist (and pay) Avenica to find them a match, job seekers do not pay for our services in any way. Unfortunately with the structure, jobs are not cultivated for job seekers. I am sorry that you were treated poorly, if you would like to share more info about the communication, I would be eager to review it - I can be reached at jschlaikjer@avenica.com.

As a note, all our positions are business professional oriented and not in a direct service capacity such as restaurant work. All respect given to those out there "flipping burgers" however, it can certainly be a stepping stone in a career path. We highly value hard-working applicants that hone their transferable skills such as attention to detail, organization, communication, and so on in service positions.

Be careful working with this company.
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greater NY C aresJanuary 17, 2017
Recruiters have limited recruiting skills. Once placement happens, there is no follow up nor intervention when necessary. Emails and phone calls are not returned.
Use caution if you contact this company.
Cons
No follow up and no intervention when needed.
November 9, 2017

Would you be able to provide me with some detail directly on how the Avenica team failed to support you with issues during your employment with us? This review is highly concerning and it is important that I am able to investigate. Our team takes great care to make the right match for our job seekers, and not just any position. The process includes review of the potential opportunity in detail with the candidate (we do not mass present candidates to potential jobs), time with our associates preparing in-depth for the interview with our hiring partner, multiple follow-up calls, and a two-way communication along the entirety of the evaluation period. Thank you - jschlaikjer@avenica.com

No Communication; Bad customer service.
Temporary Assignments (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 27, 2016
The two ladies I spoke with were really nice; however, they hardly ever reply to emails and phone calls. They are horrible with following-up.

As a whole, the idea of college grads having an organization help you look for an entry level job to help build experience is great. But in order to have great results, you need great customer service, and this place just doesn't have it.
January 10, 2017

I am sorry you haven't had a good experience with our team and I have followed up with them on this situation. If you would like to share more info, please email me at jschlaikjer@gradstaff.com. Often our team is highly focused on getting new opportunities and do not send updates if there is no new information. That does not negate a quick reply to your outreach however. More information on your outreach, requests, and how long you have been working with us would be great! Our ability to help depends on the criteria that would be a good fit for each specific job seeker and the needs of our hiring partners.

Scams
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNJuly 29, 2016
They don't help college grads jobs. They are scam. You go for an interview and they don't call you. When you call and leave messages they never return your calls. They don't help grads find work, they pretend they do, so they can stay in business.
October 3, 2016

I am very sorry we could not find a match for you, we would love to find every job seeker a career! I see that this reviewer is listed as a social worker, and I will note that GradStaff does not work with direct care/social work positions and that should have been made very clear in our interview process and on all the information on our website. GradStaff can only stay in business by finding the right match for our job seekers and hiring partners, and is a important piece of a job search strategy for any grad looking for an entry-level professional career. I would like to touch base about your experience, please email me at jschlaiker@gradstaff.com.