Aventure Staffing and Professional Services

Aventure Staffing and Professional Services Employee Reviews

A great place to work!
Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAJanuary 3, 2017
A great Staffing company that help me find jobs that fits my skills, they a very helpful in there office an really nice an polite.......................
Temporary placement at Montezuma/Magna MFG (Former Employee) –  Montezuma, IAOctober 28, 2016
friendly staff willing to help out when you need something. Makes sure you are comfortable with your placement/ opportunity. manager is not always willing to help.
Humboldt, Iowa office is dishonest, don't know about other offices
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Humboldt, IAJune 17, 2016
I had a meeting set up to discuss an accounting job. I took time off work, changed clothes, and went to their office. The lady I was to meet with was not there. Another lady said she could help me. She said they had filled the accounting job. In my 30 year career, I never had that happen. They didn't interview all candidates before filling the job, and did not even call me to tell me that they filled the job. The lady said they had an Internet Sales job, and I said that I was not interested. It looked like the bait and switch trick to me. Get me in the office with the promise of an accounting job, than switch to a sales job. I swore I would never do business with them again, but months later applied for a Shipping and Receiving job. When I met with them, they again mentioned the Internal Sales job. I agreed to interview for that job. They set up the interview, but when I interviewed with the client, the job was to put part in boxes. I told them that I was there for an Internal Sales job, and they said they did not need anyone for Internal Sales. Again, the bait and switch trick. I sent the representative from Aventure a note, and she did not even respond to my email. I never did get an an answer as to how she messed up the interview. Like a friend of mine said, if they can't set up an interview, I would not trust them to do anything right.
Pros
Cons
Dishonest - use bait and switch to try to fill jobs
Our objective is to set the standard for excellence in staffing, recruiting, HR and organizational development.
National Direct Hire/Business Development (Current Employee) –  Spencer, IAFebruary 7, 2015
An expert level of knowledge in all full lifecycle recruiting components including, but not limited to, sourcing, qualifying, networking, assessing, legal, job analysis, wage and salary trends, relationship management, and due diligence.
New experiences attainable in a wide variety of fields
Box Inspector (Former Employee) –  Aurelia, IAMay 9, 2016
Decent work for the amount of pay received. (may change due to jobs open). The job was fun, but provided little in terms of being able to advance. Conflicts in schedules were a burden at times.
Pros
plant was a great place to work for the seasonal jobs, emphasised safety
Cons
unable to transfer references from plant
This company was not looking out for their employees.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Grinnell, IAJuly 15, 2014
The management was unorganized.

The job assignments were very short.
Cons
No benefits. Short term jobs.
steady honest work
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, IAAugust 24, 2014
a typical day at work: consists of repetitious hand and body movements.

what you learned: gained experience with robot welders.

management: client supervisors slow to tell you are doing a good job but quick to end your assignment for no reason. Supervisors talk down to employees and show no respect.

your co-workers: were generally friendly and helpful.

the hardest part of the job: dealing with client supervisors.

the most enjoyable part of the job: learning new skills and the steady pay.
Pros
Plenty of work, decent pay and hours.
Cons
client supervisors never tell you good job, but quick to end your assignment for no reason, Supervisors talk down to employees and show no respect.
They try to keep you working.
Inventory Lead (Assignment) (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, NEMay 13, 2013
Easy to work with staff. They are accommodating and try to keep you working.
Pros
Paid holidays after 800 hours on the job
Cons
No healthcare or direct deposit for payroll
It's a wonderful place to work for and the staff is wonderful
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Grinnell, IAMarch 15, 2013
I enjoyed the jobs that Aventure Staffing found for me. I also think that that staff that works in the Grinnell office are nice people. Also Aventure Staffing works hard at finding the people jobs as quick as possible.
Pros
they help you find a job fast
Cons
i cant think of any
Importance of working
Custodial Worker, production, Material handler (Former Employee) –  Victor, IAApril 12, 2014
Working in a positive environment. Learned everything from my job assignment that was taught to me. Gave a 100%, Worked alone or with a group. Figuring out flaws that were present in the product we were producing but did figure it out even under stress. The people I worked with.
hard worker
TEMPORARY JOB (Former Employee) –  Spencer, IAApril 26, 2012
im a very hard worker and fast learner

when i used to work at pure fishing we had to have a order ready in days and all my co worker an d i work very hard to get it done on time the most enjoyable part of ther job is that we all work as a team.
Warm Atmosphere to work in
HR Assistant / Payroll (Former Employee) –  Tarrant, ALSeptember 29, 2013
Enjoyed working with this company, even though it was just for a short time period.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
ended too quickly
Temporary Staffing Agency
Temp Worker (Former Employee) –  Sheldon, IAMay 7, 2013
I was to use the agency for a job listed online.
Data Entry position

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aventure Staffing and Professional Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8