Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Labor Category: Engineering
Job Title: Senior Manufacturing/Engineering
QUALIFICATION: Degree in Engineering- Industrial or Manufacturing preferred. Business related course work or MBA preferred with 5-8 years experience in a manufacturing environment as an engineer
BASIC POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES/QUALIFICATIONS:
- Design, develop, test, source and cost justify various tooling, fixturing, machinery and equipment for production in a multi-plant environment.
- Facilitate the introduction of new processes, equipment and methods.
- Coordinate the orderly transition and installation of new processes and/or methods in a team environment, capitalizing on historical processes and methods.
- Prepare feasibility studies and thorough cost justification for projects. Preparation of Appropriation Requests (AFE’s).
- Lead manufacturing engineering efforts in supporting manufacturing processes and quality and the production of screen products.
- Evaluate cost reductions, improvements and value analysis for engineering and manufacturing applications across the plants as needed or assigned.
- Support maintenance and operations in equipment improvement, problems solving processes and repairs.
- Write procedures and reports as needed.
- Conduct capability studies as needed or assigned.
- Confers with appropriate personnel to clarify and resolve problems and develop designs.
- Work with outside suppliers as needed to resolve problems with material and/or equipment.
QUALIFICATIONS SPECIFIC TO THE WORK AREA:
- Degree in Engineering- Industrial or Manufacturing preferred. Business related course work or MBA preferred.
- 5-8 years experience in a manufacturing environment as an engineer.
- Knowledge of machine design, welding processes, controls and automation, process improvement and lean manufacturing.
- Drawing and specification interpretation skills are necessary.
- Excellent team leadership skills.
- Be a self-starter, innovative and able to work with little or no supervision.
- Understand GD+T and dimensioning. Understand and be able to implement SPC.
- PC skills requires: AutoCAD – with Inventor, MS Office and related add-ons, MS Project, and comfortable with computer tools that may be developed. Visual Basic programming and CNC a plus.
- Ability to work within tight schedules to satisfy customer requirements.
- Be able to communicate verbally and in writing with internal associates as well as with suppliers and customers.
- Available to travel domestic and internationally.
Indeed - 17 months ago