Avenue Stores LLC

Avenue Stores LLC Employee Reviews

First sales associate job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Holland, OHJune 1, 2015
This was my very first sales associate related job. I had an amazing manager that I worked with. She taught me all the little tricks of the trade. She showed me the ropes of working in sales, I had a fantastic time working at this store.
Unorganized and unprofessional work environment
Manager (Former Employee), baileys crossing, vaMay 25, 2015
Pros: discounts
My overall work experience working at Avenue has been a stressful experience. There has been drama within the company from day one. The district manager doesn't want to acknowledge that there are big issues within her stores. She brushes it off like it's not important. There is so much turnover because of the drama alone... They have us wearing five different hats such as, they have us doing maintenance work (i.e. changing lights, fixing toilets, repairing broken things within the store), custodial work (i.e. sweeping the floor, mopping, vacuuming, dusting, etc) and your typical everyday job duties. All this is fine. The work is no problem, but the pay and lack of benefits that they offer you doesn't add up to the amount of work they expect you to do. Not to mention they refuse to give you any lunch breaks. Also, the manager never has a schedule done so you're constantly staying on her about that... There is a chance for advancement within the company which is a plus, but the thing is again the pay isn't enough to make anyone want to keep working under a company that doesn't look out for you as a worker. This is just a brief feedback of my experience. One thing's for sure, I will never consider working for this company again or will I ever refer someone to work for this company.
Nice Starter Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Baytown, TXMay 19, 2015
This job was a great job when entering the workforce, it was a great learning experience. Management listened to problems that occurred and would help the sales associates when needed as well.
working hard for the money
Store Manager (Former Employee), Bloomfield, CTMay 14, 2015
Pros: employee discounts
Cons: a lot of Inventory coming in a once
This job is another that I moved in positions. First being an Associate the store manager. Loved the job, smiling faces. This job was rewarding because it allowed my thing for myself. If something needed to be done I was their girl.
not a fun workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMay 6, 2015
Pros: i have a job
Cons: not enough hours
A day at Avenue is not very eye opening. Yes, we help customers but besides that to me the manager are horrible. I learned what i needed to learn in order work there. As a part time employee i cant even reach 20 hours a week. Sometimes I only get scheduled to work once a week or two. My co-workers are okay besides one. She is a part time employee and she is pulling 30 hours a week and she gets to work day time hours while me an another employee has to work nights every time we work. There is a real enjoyable part of the job.
productive work place with great customers
sales associate/key holder (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 4, 2015
Stocked and sort merchandise; arrange displays for maximum marketing potential. Greet customers in a friendly, professional manner; inform of specials and discounts. Provide information to assist in making selections; process monetary transactions. Management and co-workers were great, the hardest part of my job was when I didn't get to spend enough time with my customers because there was always something to do in the store. The most enjoyable part of my job was the customers, I loved helping the people that walked through our door.
Productive and Professional work place
Server, Back-waiter (Former Employee), Long Branch, NJApril 28, 2015
Pros: good co-workers, managers, got free lunch and breakfast, good money
Cons: no healthcare, and got in the ay of school
Loved working here, there was a good constant flow of people, always busy, fun people to work with. Learned a lot about fine dinning.
This is a very good company to work for.
LPN/MDS Coordinator (Current Employee), Warrensville Heights, OHApril 25, 2015
Pros: Flexiable hors, Cafe in the building, good health care
Cons: Being almost one hour from my home
This is a very good company to work for. The Adminstrator is very fair and is very involved with residents and staff. The DON is fairly new and seems to be doing a fair job. I have only been about 6 months and took this job til a bulilding closer to my home was available. There was a building that was closer in need of a MDS nurse and they hired outside the company and I was told I was to important in this building to transfer some where else. This did upset me because they were aware I came here til a position closer came available. I felt this was unfair. I drive 40 miles to work and would prefer to be closer to home
Great managment
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Cary, NCApril 22, 2015
A typical day of work is compromised of reaching out to your client base, if you have a client book. Also, making sure that merchandising and product display is neat and able to deliver the greatest impact to our clientele. The best part of the job is when you are assisting clients with their wardrobe and you develop a great rapport with some of your clients to the point where they trust you with your choices. What is not great about the job is when there are slow business times, this promotes an extremely backbiting nature, which management refuses to effectively deal with.
Strictly for Experience and Nothing More
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 18, 2015
Pros: You get valuable experience with cash handling and customer service
Cons: Only 1 15 minute break for part-timers no matter how long you work during the day, bad pay, no career advancements, no direct deposit for part-timers, work schedules that vary almost every week
If not for the fact, I like most of the customers, Avenue would have gotten one out of five stars. Where do I begin. . ., 1) I hate the fact there is so much emphasis on selling credit cards and magazines trials that no one cares about. The magazines are scams anyway. As for the credit cards, most of the customers have one and the ones that don't, don't shop here that much anyway. 2) Pays minimum wage. The bad thing is that it's not competitive with other companies. Shoot! Even some McDonald's are stepping up their game and starting the pay at $8.00/hr. 3) No career advancements, you pretty much have to wait for someone to quit or die 4) Bias, it's okay for the managers to talk about random things, but not you or else you're getting written up.

5) The managers at my store mean well, but I don't think they realize that they're not helping me out sometimes, especially when it's slow. 6) Store I'm at is understaffed scheduling. By that I mean since most of the time there are two people in the store, even when it's slow, there's a still a lot of work to be done (vacuuming, sweeping, putting a lot unwanted clothes back on the sales floor, straightening up the racks). Their really needs to be three people working in the store most of the time.

7) Being called in on my days off and working on days I told the manager not to schedule me on. I have personal conflicts. But that's not her fault, as we're understaffed scheduling like mentioned before. 8) Work schedules that vary. I'm happy when a job provides flexibility, but when a employee states the time that he/she can work - – more... KEEP IT THERE! - unless for emergencies. Almost every week my schedule changes and I have another job, most of our sales associates also have another job (part of the reason we're understaffed scheduling speaking) 9) Can't leave for breaks, only two people in the store 10) In the manager's defense, they seem to be over worked and underpaid as well. The store manager is working at least 50 hours a week. As far as managers' pay goes, they're probably not being paid well. The mangers are under a lot of pressure to sell credit cards and magazines. The customer doesn't want to be asked three things when they check out. – less
not in love
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAApril 16, 2015
Pros: annual party
Cons: management, no moving up unless your bilingual
great idea but no support or accountability, i would not recommend this to a serious professional. management is no help and there are alot of bitter people who work there, all stores
Sales Associate/ Cashier
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Montebello, CAApril 13, 2015
Daily review had to make sure department store was up to par
folding clothes on a daily basis, got registers ready , counted money,
gave great customer service.
Great Place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), atlanta,gaMarch 23, 2015
Pros: discount
A very friendly atmosphere and you met a lot of wonderful people daily.The company is huge on promoting within,and is very rewarding.
Poor overall quality
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Whitestone, NYMarch 20, 2015
*Poor store visual quality
*No job advancement from within (hired outside workers for managerial positions)
*No breaks
Slow yet fullfiing
Key Holder / Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Pedro, CAMarch 12, 2015
A typical day at work was pretty slow. I learned to work with the outdated IBM system, I learn also to process freight, return and exchanges, and customer service. Al management I had were supportive and encouraged you to do your best. The hardest part of this job was getting magazine subscribers and credit card applications when most customers are regulars and have the cards already. The most enjoyable part of this job was helping customers pick out outfits and having them leave with confidence.
avenue review
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Dearborn, MIMarch 6, 2015
Pros: i able to work there to gain expierence
Cons: not getting enough hours, not enough pay.
Avenue is a clothing store for plus size females. They are open only for 12 hours out of a day.management work almost 40 hours a week. Associates work almost 20 hours a week. Associates don't get any medical benefits or 401k.there aren't any hard part of the job. We ring customers up when they are ready for checking out. We ring up the customers for bill payments. And we also assist customers with the fitting room. Do general cleaning.
n/a
Specialty Store Manager (Former Employee), Edgewater, NJMarch 3, 2015
The Avenue was a great company to work for. The Benefits weren't that great . The management level were wonderful people
Avenue
Assistant Store Manger (Current Employee), Santa Maria, CAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: great work environment, friendly customers, awesome coworkers
Cons: low pay, no chance for advancement, very few hours (even for being full time)
I have been working at Avenue for the past two and a half years and have gotten a very good look at the retail world through the store. A normal day at my job can start out pretty slow since there is not much foot traffic in the mornings, but once the day goes on the business starts to pick up. We are bra fitting, putting people into fitting rooms, cleaning, refolding all of the merchandise, and ringing up our customers. I have learned a lot about people and the job world. I have learned that, unfortunately, you cannot make everyone happy but you can only do your best. For the most part, I have not dealt with that many unhappy customers but there are those few that have definitely given me a run for my money. My current manager is amazing. She is always willing to work with our schedules and accommodate wherever she can. She is a great leader and she makes the work place very enjoyable. Most of my co-workers are very hard workers and very friendly and easy to get along with. There are, though. a few who could honestly care less about their jobs and if they get their tasks done right or even in a timely manner. The hardest part of the job making sure that we stay up to our credit, magazine, and sales goals. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting all sorts of people from different walks of life and helping them find something that makes them happy.
Trying to work retail, this is a great place to start
Co-Manager (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: clothing discount
Cons: rearranging clothes racks
Working at the Avenue was my first time working retail as well as starting as co-manager. Learning to upsale was a challenge, but became easy after a while. The challenge was working dissatisfied customers.
My typical day at work, my customer serviceskills, my managemet skills, the ability to work with other and what i enjoy least and most about my job.
Co Manager (Current Employee), Augusta, GAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: giving great customer service, and working with the public
Cons: not being able to assist each of my customers, one on one.
A typical day at work would consist of: Outlining the daily schedule, assign daily task for each associate and sales goals for the day. Complete daily paperwork and check voice mail. Answer the phone line and assist customers with their needs.Assure excellent customer service throughout the day.
I've learned that with each day you have the opportunity to correct any situation that may have not worked out the day before. The slate is clean and you get to start the fresh, letting each day be a learning experience.
Being in management, you have to remember to respect the other associates. Never as the associates to do something that you wouldn't do yourself. Build a good repor with team, this will help them be even better on their daily task, and help improve their customer service skills. Just because I'm in management doesn't mean I don't work. After all you are only as good as your workers. We need each person to do their job to be a success.
There is no hard part of my job. But if I had to choose something. I would say, having a dissatisfied customer. Because customer service is my job.
The most enjoyable part of my job is when my customer is happy and satisfied. That lets me know that I did my job to the best of my ability.

1 2 3 4 5

About Avenue Stores LLC

Avenue Stores, LLC is a specialty retailer operating stores in approximately 300 locations nationally. At Avenue, we know that – Read more

Avenue Stores LLC Salaries