Avenue Stores Employee Reviews

Great
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 19, 2017
Great company, ashame that the store closed. Good products and customers. Enjoyed helping customets with customer servicr. The company closed unfortunately.
decent place to work
Picking Processor (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIApril 19, 2017
its a decent place to work job isn't hard once you get the hang of it. The people seem pretty nice. The hardest part of the job is flling the line with totes when we run low
Customer Service, fast paced inclined environment.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXApril 17, 2017
very fast paced environment, must have great customer service experience. Must offer customers magazines and credit cards which could be challenging. Overall, challenging but fun environment that require you to be on your toes. I enjoyed my time working with my coworkers and manager.
over worked
Part time Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 17, 2017
I worked for this company for 6 months, loved my fellow employees but we were short staffed and I got tired of working more hours then I should have and not having time for my kids or for myself.
Pros
great employees
Cons
not enough people on staff
Productive and fun when working with the right team.
Full-time Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTApril 17, 2017
The location of my job is in Meriden, not a lot of traffic, only during the holidays. Can be difficult at times but at the end of the when you see that you have made a customer feel confident about themselves it's all worth it.
Pros
Accumilate sick time every month
Cons
Sick, personal, and vacation are not carried over to the next year.
workplace
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 13, 2017
working here was awesome even though it was a part time job training was easy manager understood and helped in any situation she was very professional
Pros
cashier lunch break
Cons
rude customers
Customer Service - Sales
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 10, 2017
Its all about sales and how well you work with others. Its a great place to work for because you have fun meeting new people and helping them with anything they need.
Horrible place to work at
Asst. Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 3, 2017
This company wants you to go above and beyond for the little pay they give you. If you do not get people to sign up for there credit card or the magazine's they sell they cut your hours. The turn over rate is so high due to the fact that this company does not care about it's employees. They start people off at 7.25 and give them no hours.
Pros
Managers where cool to work with.
Cons
The employee discount
Awful Managnment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMarch 31, 2017
A typical day at the avenue was exhausting due to the way the store was ran, between the store manager screaming at the employees that were not favored to the way the store manager at that time would curse at the customers! I learned how to be an assistant manager. Management was not what I had expected, management previous to my arrival was not professional. The hardest part of the job would have to be following orders even though it went against what had been stated in the operations manual. The most enjoyable part of the job would have been the customers!
Pros
Great Healthcare
Cons
Managnment
This store is no longer open
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 21, 2017
A majority or management and staff were stealing. There were many days with almost no customers. The merchandise was nice, but not enough to keep people interested.
Pros
Nice Merchandise
Cons
Employees stealing
I like it but it is too slow
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDMarch 20, 2017
Lots of stuff to do but downtime is too much during the evening hours. There isn't room for growth for the pay that is received and it's more for someone who doesn't mind working with others.
Pros
Busy throughout day
Cons
Short breaks and too much downtime in evening
Fun Workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIMarch 19, 2017
I was the Assistant Manager and opened the store most of the shifts, and closed the store.

A typical day at work would be to count the draws and get the store ready for the day, follow floor plans, Assist customers in the fitting room, finding their sizes, helping them put together outfits.

I learned that managing employees is a constant position and keeping company morale high is best.

I absolutely enjoyed the constant movement and changes and dealing with the public.
Pros
Customers
Cons
no health benefits, short breaks
The work doesn't equal the pay
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMarch 1, 2017
Good company to work for but the pay scale is not one I would consider appropriate for the amount of work needed to succeed in this job. My coworkers were great for the most part and it's a good working environment
Not the best
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 28, 2017
management is horrible
the District manger is very rude and sassy
customers are very rude
very disorganize
too much drama
no space to have lunch
also a very lazy store manger
Pros
non
Cons
doesn't work around your schedule
Production
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 16, 2017
Awesome place to work, always something todo, interesting rewards, office games amount staff fun exciting tough down to business
This place is great experience retain.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIFebruary 16, 2017
The typical work day includes; tending to customers, keeping the store and register area as clear, and clean as possible, making sure that every customer is serviced.
Avenue enviroment
Merchandising (Current Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 9, 2017
There isn't really much to say about Avenue, besides the office culture and moral is not what it use to be... and not in a good way.
The enviroment is pretty sad, and upper management does nothing to show that they appreciate their employees, and micro manages to the max.
Overall
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TX 75150February 9, 2017
Overall, the job was easy. It was mainly great customer service and normal retail duties. Learning everything was pretty easy if your a fast learner. Most of it is common sense. It's a wonderful job if it's your first. Although, the management was not as wonderful. Anywhere you work there is going to be a problem, but with this bunch of ladies there will be many. I wouldn't recommend this job due to some of the managers. But, I can say it is any experience that a young person starting work would need to be better at other jobs.
Pros
Positive Customers
Rough Company
Co Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 21, 2017
Their are not many benefits to working for this company at all. The only really good thing about it is the people that work their. The company is not up to date with technology so it makes everything ten times more difficult then it needs to be. Their is a lot of micro managing from district so its hard to accomplish anything. They really don't understand how to motivate a team and their are zero incentives for your hard work. For the pay really I am surprised any one works here at all. We don't even get a lunch break.
Pros
The people
Cons
The pay, lack of incentives.
Unstable employer
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 15, 2017
Avenue was one of the worat employers i have ever worked for. They do not have good pay nor do they care about their employees. There is a large issue woth communication and organization throughout the company. I was not satisfied there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avenue Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8