Avenue Stores Employee Reviews

Poor Pay
CO-MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAAugust 24, 2017
Need better management and it would be a great place to work. Competitive work but not competitive pay. Job for someone just starting off in management, but great benefits.
Benefits
Cons
Poor pay
Great Temporary Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 22, 2017
I liked working at avenue; I received a great discount and you get extra money if you sell a credit card. It's a cool place to work to summer job and if you need extra money for the holidays
Laid back fun job
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 17, 2017
Avenue is a good management building experience but other than that ,there is no room for advancment unless you're okay with making very little money.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Wages
typical day at work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYAugust 16, 2017
i only worked here part time and i always worked at night so i dealt with the rush of the bad after work customers and the clean up of the whole day so we could close and go home
Pros
store discount
Cons
management horrible
great starter job or part time job
Co-Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 6, 2017
You meet many interesting and fun customers that seek your professional opinion on fashion. A typical workday consists of helping all customers and completing transactions.
For a first job its a great place to learn....
Picker Associate (Current Employee) –  Troy, OHAugust 5, 2017
This is a great place to work if your looking for a first job, or just something to do. They offer mostly Part-time jobs. 4 hours, 5 days week. There is extra hours occasionally, but they are not mandatory for part-timers. Full-time job openings are not common, except for in shipping. First shift is the only hours available. It can be stressful at times, as all jobs are, especially if you first start out and are learning the procedures, but Management is great. They are VERY slow in the summer, so as a Part-timer don't look to get a lot of hours in. The people are great, and co-workers work as a team to get things done.
Pros
Great People in Managment, frequent breaks.
Cons
Can be stressful if first learning, Alot of moving and lifting
Avenue
Co-Store Manager (Former Employee) –  West Babylon, NYAugust 5, 2017
Working in a high volume store was great to learn customer service skills, along time time management and team work. Keeping a clean and organized running store with happy customers and employees was my goal.
management needs improvement
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAAugust 1, 2017
Job incentives as well as management needs major improvement. CEO does not treat employees' fairly and does not provide a suitable work environment for everyone to succeed
It was ok
Sales Associate/Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJuly 25, 2017
I did enjoy working at Avenue, as far as working with the customers and helping them find the perfect outfit. It was stressful at times with the pressure from upper management demanding and requiring us to get credit card applications from people. I worked hard to do it, but I could not force someone to apply.
Aweful
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Yorktown Heights, NYJuly 23, 2017
Lots of favoritism and terrible upper management. No store support. No benefits. My store was shut down. No room for movement. Training is minimal and very laxed
Pros
Cons
The entire company
not worth it
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDJuly 22, 2017
on a typical day, as a cashier/sales rep, i don't even touch the register, terrible management, on a good day i get a sale or two. mainly works on shipment, and censoring. 1 day notice of work is not okay.
Pros
employee discount, 30 minute breaks
Cons
lack of communication, lack of notice for shift work
Productive Work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 20, 2017
In the work place you must put your best foot forward and deliver the best customer service to their satisfaction. You must lean how to use the register and be able to keep the store in good condition.
needs to have some improvement when it comes to the management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vallejo, CAJuly 3, 2017
I suggest that you give some seminars and trainings for your managers coz some managers are not professional enough to handle things and situation in the store. some of them freaks out easily or sometimes they don't want to be corrected by the sales associate. I hope there will be enough trainings for them. thank you!
Pros
none so far
Cons
none so far
Nice and Friendly Atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kendall, FLJune 29, 2017
Working here is very nice, you meet a lot of new people and the store is very clean. Supervision is fair and just and will work with you if you have any issues with scheduling.
Career
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Florissant, MOJune 27, 2017
I was always glad to meet new people when I moved to Creve Couer I had a very diverse set of customers. I enjoyed talking with them and helping them look absolutely fabulous. I had customers that would only want me to help them bc I would tell them if it really looked good or bad. I loved the paper work. I love numbers
Pros
Career Benefits
Cons
nothing
Clean and fashionable environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJune 23, 2017
The staff and management were very friendly and always made sure to get the job done. If you like working in sales and retail, then this is a great job.
Pros
peaceful, clean, friendly coworkers
Cons
salary
easy to learn new things
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJune 14, 2017
love this job. comfortable and clean environment I never had any problems with anybody I use to come into work do my job and go home and it was easy to learn new things I would love to work for them again
Pros
easy to learn new things
Cons
never hiring
Fun and productive workplace with great customers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 24, 2017
Avenue is a great shopping experience for plus size women who enjoy stylish clothing, a positive shopping experience, and store rewards. Plus size ladies can feel comfortable and confident shopping in a store they can call all their own.
Pros
Meeting new people.
Great place to work in
Visiting Nurse (Current Employee) –  1660 East 14th Street, Brooklyn, NYMay 21, 2017
The wonderful place to start your career of a registered nurse. Management is extremely helpful and understanding. You are always provided with guidance and support to continue succeed.
Nice company to work for.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Southgate, MIMay 10, 2017
I enjoyed my job at Avenue, the work culture was energetic and fun.
The problem was the only way to be guaranteed more than 12 hours a week was to be management.
Pros
Small store, easy to take care of
Cons
Communication was not the best

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avenue Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8