Avenue Stores Employee Reviews

Very fast pace, dead lines, floorsets.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 6, 2016
My review was very positive. I was grateful of how much my work was appreciated i was. Loved my boss and assistant manager they both were awesome.
Pros
Bonus's
Cons
Very strict return policy
Good amount of work, not good environment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  East Rutherford, NJOctober 1, 2016
There is a good amount of work to do around the store. However, managers do not split the workload as instructed to do and all shipment and helping customers usually falls on sales associates. Overall it is a semi hard job and not very good pay for all the responsibilities managers have for you.
Cons
Short or no breaks, no benefits for part time employees, bad hours, bad management.
Not a corporate environment
Security (Current Employee) –  Long Branch, NJSeptember 8, 2016
The Avenue is not a corporate environment, it is a restaurant/events venue. I do not see the point in rating it for Indeed.
I prefer not to
General Manager ( owner ) (Current Employee) –  PeruSeptember 5, 2016
I think I already text this .
Great place to work but it's hard for me to work from another country being in another one .
The vibes and good professionals you meet or work here are great , you learn every day something new and your creativity is always 100%

Very fun work place and the store manager was amazing
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  El Cerrito, CASeptember 2, 2016
This was one of the best places that I have worked for. The store manager was amazing and when I got promoted to key holder she was amazing with my training. I would have loved to stay there but I relocated to Vegas and had to leave.
An excellent company to work for!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Castleton, INAugust 21, 2016
This is an excellent company to work for. This company prefers to promote from within, and they do. If you are searching for a place to launch a retail management career, then this is it. Great benefits, small staff and opportunity.
Pros
Paid lunches, good health benefits
Cons
Pay is not very competitive.
Great environment to grow in
Manager (Former Employee) –  Nanuet, NYAugust 10, 2016
Working at the avenue was a great experience. I believe it would have been better if we were staffed accordingly, however i enjoyed my co workers and the flexibility of the company.
Pros
Flexibility with life and work
Cons
Short staffed
Very good place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 9, 2016
I enjoyed working there just because I had a passion of getting to know a customer and letting them have a good shopping experience with good prices and knowing I could save them money. I learned a lot from managing and very happy I got the experience to work there.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Pay Rate; Promotions
A good first job experience.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 24, 2016
It is a good company to experience your first clothing retail job. In my personal opinion, if you want to further your career in clothing retail this is not the company for you.
great customer and sales and management team
sales (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHJune 15, 2016
I love the work that I do ,no matter if its shipment or making a customer look fabulous. my management team is hard working and fair. The other associates are kind and helpful. the hardest part of the job is leaving before I am able to complete a task due to providing excellent customer service.. the most enjoyable part of my job is making sales goals, winning contest that corporate sets up as motivation and last but not least helping the customer find what they are looking for and making sure they are in love with it before they leave.
Pros
having a job
Cons
short shifts
Fast pace Job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 12, 2016
Managers have very sweet personality
Very fast pace
shipment comes every week
nice customers that recognizes changes
Pros
associate discount
Cons
Not enough hours given to sale assiocates
Needs better leadership
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 3, 2016
Avenue was a not so good company to work there was no one to talk to about issues... But always someone to tell you that you did something wrong and will ot could be fired... Which is probably why they are always looking for employees... The District manager in Indianapolis is Rude...and very unprofessional...
Pros
Great customers
Cons
Horrible District manager
Productive and fun workplace.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 1, 2016
I enjoyed working here due to helping people with different selections and meeting new people. Learning to work with people and understanding the meaning of true team work.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
Short breaks
Fun place to work
Co-Manager/Store Manager (Former Employee) –  22020 Katy FreewayMay 2, 2016
I learned that people remember the little things you do for them, like calling them by name and inquiring about something they spoke to you about during their last visit.
Simple Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAApril 29, 2016
A lot of folding restocking the floor and selling credit cards. I honestly can not remember what I did there because I was there for only a short amount of time.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Unrealistic Goals
Productive work environment
Cashier and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 26, 2016
I enjoyed working with the customers and my fellow colleagues. This position was seasonal, but if given the opportunity, I would work with this employer again. My work environment was very nice and pleasant to work in.
Great place to work but financially not great as career. Great stepping stone unless you are salaried.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSApril 20, 2016
I genuinely loved my time there. I loved the customer service and interaction. Internally at my jobsite, things were great, but working there did not give me a sustainable way to support my family.
Pros
Great customers, great atmosphere, great co-workers
Cons
pay rate
managment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  El Cerrito, CA 94530March 22, 2016
company doesn't treat there employees well. and the employees deserve more hours and hours. but they do promote within that's a plus. I've worked there for over more then 1 years and I got promoted within 5 months of working there.
amazing customers and employees
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTFebruary 28, 2016
I loved working at the avenue. I had amazing bosses I was sad to have them go but they were grate I had amazing customers as well I loved the avenue. they thought me so much
Pros
gave us braks worked with us tought us a bunch
Cons
part time
job performance
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAFebruary 23, 2016
overall it was a fun place to work. i worked as a sales associate for 2 weeks before i offered a managment position. so there is room for advancement opportunities. the only thing that i didnt like about the company is that the software and registers were outdated and everything had to be done manually
Pros
great place to gain experience in customer service and management
Cons
outdated software

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avenue Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8