Avenue Stores Employee Reviews

This place sucks!!!
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Valley Stream, NYFebruary 22, 2016
Worked my tail off for four years for them to offer me a promotion that I never got. They closed my store so not only did I not get my promotion they never placed me with a new store. Management sucks. I was forced to apply for unemployment. I felt like I was used. How can you work so hard for someone and they not care what happens to you?...Never again will I work for this company!!!!!!
Pros
non
Cons
where do I start????
Excellent Job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 16, 2016
I learned that customers are always right no matter what and how to manage staff and recruit their schedules as an manage when the manager is off duty.
Cashier
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Linden, NJFebruary 12, 2016
Busy happy customers. People who enjoy shopping. Small staff of employers for a small store. Different departments to choose from. The fashion is up to date. The material for the clothing is top of the line.
Pros
Long Lines
Cons
Long Lines
I enjoy my coworkers and all of the customers
Retail Sales (Current Employee) –  Vacaville, CAJanuary 26, 2016
Many different things to do and an enjoyable place to work.

I never realized how many different things need to be done as a retail employee.

The customers are very friendly
fun to help customers pick out outfits and make them happy.
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSDecember 18, 2015
On an average day at Avenue, I would work the floor making sure the customers didn't need help or have questions. I would also cashier and encourage the customer to open a credit line with Avenue as they paid for their clothing. I would walk around the store and make sure everything was in its place, such as folding clothes, straightening the displays, etc. The hardest part of of the job was vacuuming at the end of the night because the store was so big. There was a lot of turn over with staff and management while I was there. My biggest challenge was hanging the pants on the hangers the certain way that was required. No matter how much practice I had, I couldn't get it!
Pros
clothing discount
Cons
hours were hard to come by
Great company if they are in business
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLDecember 8, 2015
Their is a lot of room to learn and advance however the stores are limited and the opportunity to work full time is limited only to management
Women's Clothing store
Co Manager (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHNovember 30, 2015
Plus size women's clothing store from sizes 14 - 32. clothing, shoes, intimates and accessories. Fun upbeat environment for plus size women
Avenue
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VANovember 27, 2015
Helping customers on sales floor and then checking them out at the register. Keeping up with shipment, restocking merchandise when needed.

I've learned things need to be done one at a time to not have several tasks started but never completed.

I've learned that it's good to be professionally friendly with co-worker.

The hardest part is when we have to re-train when the company changes some of our rule's we abide by.

i enjoy helping customers on the sales floor the most
Every day work
Store Manger (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILNovember 10, 2015
Helping and training staff to move up. Making the customer happy with product and services . It was hard to get told every day that you store sucked and getting talked down at. I want a company where they support you and help you grow
Cons
Pay was not there
Exceptional work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 14, 2015
Always a pleasure to go to work each day. Supportive associates team and management team. Interesting to meet different customers assisting with what best fits their needs.
Pros
Utilizing my customer service skills
Cons
Mandatory that you had to have vehicle to advance
it was a great builder to my career
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYOctober 13, 2015
this was a great first job while i was in high school.
i learned how to do floor sets and inventories
the hours were very all over the place
my co-workers were hard to deal with but the customers were amazing
Pros
discounts, working with people
Cons
hours, pay
Management was great.
Retail, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OROctober 12, 2015
Management was great and they were great with working with my hours. I enjoyed all my co-workers as they were a great group of girls to work with. It was just too bad that they closed the store.
good place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 6, 2015
responsible for all store functions. district manager very good to work for. co-workers fun to work with. keeping people from stealing. working with fellow employees.
Enjoyable
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 5, 2015
Great job however; I will be moving to Bay Area. The job was very flexible and I learned many aspects in customer relations.
Loved working here
Sales Associate/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland OregonOctober 1, 2015
This was on of my favorite jobs. There were only a few of us so it made us more of a close group. This allowed us to know how the other reacted and how to work together as a team.
Pros
Small team, well managed
Cons
Hours, Pay
They are trying to come back.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHSeptember 18, 2015
The Avenue used to be a quality plus-size store. Over the past four to five years, the quality has really gone down hill.

The company is slowly becoming more aware of fashion demands. There are new lines of bras, addressing a broader demographic, mirroring some of the more up-scale stores in both merchandise and store look. They have tried to maintain a more reasonable price point, but have sometimes sacrificed quality to do so. More fashion forward employees, both in the home office and the stores, would make a big difference. This might be done either in setting company policies or by training.
Fun place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXAugust 17, 2015
As manager I put in a lot of hours. I did like the job & tried to make it fun for the employees by having contests. We had floorsets to take care of at least every 6 weeks & markups/downs on a weekly basis. Daily customer service, cleaning, straightening, & stocking merchandise. Deposits made daily & bank runs for change.
Pros
Fun job
Cons
Had to push store credit cards. as manager I had to put in a lot of hours.
It was okay
Assistant store manager (Former Employee) –  711 3rd ave new york, nyAugust 13, 2015
Working at the avenue was a learning experience. The people were great.

I learned a lot, however avenue only gave a 10 cent raise a year. But I did take as much learning experience as I could.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Low wage and low pay raises
great job!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Holland, OHAugust 13, 2015
its fun and its not a lot of work! You get to enjoy helping women find outfits that make them feel comfortable. The only thing that i dislike is they pay rate it will definitely be a nice job if your just out of high school or if you just want a little side job this is the job for you.
Pros
customers and clothes
Cons
pay rate
Friendly enviornment with diverse experience
Sale Representative - Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYAugust 7, 2015
A typical day at work was always different which is what I admired about retail in general. Specifically while working at the Avenue I was promoted to my first Managing Job which taught me a lot about being in charge of an entire staff and store. With the help of the other managers and also associates the job was always pleasurable. The hardest part of the job in my eyes was juggling my full time hours with going to school full time. However the most enjoyable was helping the customers one on one and making their experience not only easy and enjoyable but making them want to keep coming back.
Pros
great experience
Cons
old systems such as paperwork and registers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avenue Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8