Avera Health Employee Reviews

I am very happy happy working for Avera,
RN (Current Employee) –  Platte, SDJanuary 16, 2017
I am currently happy in the position I am in but I would like to add hours and experience. I absolutely love nursing as a job. Helping people is something I feel I was made to do.
Friendly people but horrible communication
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Estherville, IAJanuary 10, 2017
I enjoyed working here when I first started but two months in I was given extra work to do that I wasn't told about in training but was apparently always a part of my job. The communication between supervisors and employees is absolutely awful! List of work tasks is very unorganized with changes being made all the time. Work loads are unfair, one employee does twice as much as another who gets the same amount of hours. Tasks are not distributed fairly leaving some employees doing more than others. Overall I was not impressed.
Pros
Friendly co workers
Cons
Terrible communication, unfair workloads
Great Workplace
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJanuary 6, 2017
Everyone in this facility is kind, quick to help, and always there when in need of advice. Managers and supervisors are there to hear you out and don't treat workers as if they aren't important. I cannot think of a negative experience other than the occasional coworker you might have to pick up the slack on.
Pros
Nice breaks, cafeteria, friendly environment.
Avera Health
System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDNovember 22, 2016
Avera Health has been a fantastic work environment that has been open to positive job development and has dramatically improved my resume. The staff is extremely knowledgeable and the learning opportunities are nearly endless. I have enjoyed every part of my job here.
Pros
significant room for job growth
Fun and relaxed atmosphere
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDOctober 18, 2016
The management here is very people centric. It's all about customer service and comfort. If the employees aren't happy the customers won't be happy. Avera has a pretty good grasp on that concept
Pros
Affordable meals, great networking
Cons
Short breaks
Productive and Fun Work Place
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDSeptember 29, 2016
Avera is a very productive place to work. It can be stressful at times and emotional but people make it a Fun work place to be in.
Great place to work!
Systems Analyst Implementation Team (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDSeptember 14, 2016
An amazing place to work. Great teamwork and management. Very flexible work atmosphere.Hours are great. Some travel involved.
Fast pace and great nursing staff
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, SDAugust 20, 2016
Always something to be done. Staff members are friendly as well as the nurses. Getting to know the residents and their daily activities make the job exciting!
Love working for Sioux Center Health
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sioux Center, IAJuly 13, 2016
Sioux Center Health is a great organization to work for. I have never felt so much support from senior leadership as well as my supervisor as I do now. The pay is fair, our benefits are great, and I love what I am doing. Everyone is so friendly and wonderful to work with.
Micro managed nightmare
RN (Former Employee) –  Marshall, MNJune 22, 2016
Nurses aren't allowed to do their jobs and use nursing judgement to care for patients because their boss's boss had their micro managing hands in everything. That's of course if they can even keep a department manager around long enough. There is very low morale and zero trust of upper management. The nursing Union is almost a continuous presence dealing with unsafe staffing issues. Yes, the pay is great, because of the contract, but you have to monitor your check closely. The battle with another local facility spills into the patient's room and affects nursing quality. You are called at least once daily asking to come in and work.
Pros
Pay
Pretty Decent
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Marshall, MNMay 22, 2016
I love the Job and the people, but some of the politics make it hard to accomplish the job to the highest standards. While I was there it was a great learning experience and was perfect for a starter job in the IT field.
A workplace that keeps up on education. Easy and stress free enviornment to work for
Medical Coder and Biller (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDFebruary 8, 2016
Great place to work. Stress free work environment. Great people to work with. Management is great. There are always way to get more education. Everyone is helpful. I learned a lot more about the billing side than I knew coming out of school. I like the people I work with.
Pros
stress free
Cons
not a remote position

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avera Health. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4