Avera Employee Reviews

Exciting job to come to everyday and learn
Lead Sports Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJanuary 10, 2017
Lead basketball camps to develop players mentally and physically. Instruct players to develop their basketball skills. The most enjoyable part is watching the players understand and apply the things I have shown them. The management and co-workers welcomed me and helped develop myself.
Pros
Working with kids, stay around the game of basketball
Cons
Working late nights
fun place
Dietary worker (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDSeptember 22, 2016
It was a fun place to work! It's a small hospital so pretty easy to get to know everyone. Enjoyed worked with all the staff snd getting to know the patients when I had to go into the rooms
Pros
understanding co workers
Cons
short breaks
A great way to have pride for your employer!
FT Admissions Rep (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDAugust 10, 2015
I really liked working for Avera! Pride in my employer for duration of my employment there! I had 2 great coworkers who I still talk to yet and friends with yet 2 years later! I learned a lot here and will take that experience with me!
Pros
biggest healthcare facility in Sioux Falls!
Cons
could be a bit closer to residence and a bit more higher paying
Love the people
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJuly 17, 2014
Avera has a lot of wonderful people that work there . They all do their best to work together . They have good training .
Productive, Fast-Paced Work Environment
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, SD and Sioux Falls, SDNovember 1, 2013
Working at Avera allows one the opportunity to continuously learn. Whether it be a new skill, about diversity through patients or staff, or even about yourself, there is always something going on to help you grow. While it may get stressful at times, everyone works as a team to get things done - you are never alone.
Live at Work!!!
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDAugust 27, 2013
As a Patient Care Tech your over-worked and under-paid! You might as well live at work! Working 5 days a week and every-other weekend, thats all you're doing is working!!! Also the work loads get to be too much to deal with on a daily basis! You get burnt out pretty quick! Unless your going into Nursing I wouldn't suggest this job!!!!
Pros
Benefits are pretty good
Cons
Bad work/life balance!!!!!
Great co-workers
Hegg Memorial (Former Employee) –  ROCK VALLEYMay 25, 2012
Co-workers great. Physcians very good. Management was poor.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avera. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9