Averitt Express Employee Reviews

Good place to start your driving career off at
Supply Chain driver (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNFebruary 22, 2017
Great place to work if you're on a dedicated account wouldn't recommend no one getting on the flex account it sucks , they made sure I was home when I asked I liked that a lot
Great company but
TRUCKDRIVER (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNFebruary 22, 2017
When you are new to the company you get less miles. You have to build up seniority to get to the money making loads. Other than that hasthe potential of beeing a really great company.
good place to work
Truck and Trailer Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNFebruary 12, 2017
Since I worked here the shop management has changed several times. I have met the current manager and seems to be a good one. The one that was there when I was could never give you a straight answer when asked a question. He was told you what you wanted to hear but never the truth. I had issues with intentional lying. Either you know or don't know but don't lie and then go laugh about it. Everyone else were fun to work with.
Pros
The friendly people
Cons
inexperianced shop manager
Not goo
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 8, 2017
Well, it was a terrible place to work. No one ever got in trouble for not doing their job and harassment ran rampant. The supervisor didn't care about anything.
Average LTL
Driver (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 6, 2017
The work is easy. The hours are fine. The pay is below industry norms for a company of this size. There seem to be no more plans for growth into new markets thus, limiting your ability to keep climbing the ladder.
Pros
Easy work.
Cons
Irregular pay raises. Below industry standards for compensation.
Horribly disorganized company
regional driver (Current Employee) –  TennesseeFebruary 4, 2017
I have only worked at this company for a little over a month as a regional driver and every single week it is the same thing. Layovers that last over 24 hours because the load is not ready. Missing paperwork, misplaced trailers, dispatchers who don't know what they are doing.

This is a horrible company. I am trying very hard not to give up so soon, but it is really getting old being on the road 6 and sometimes 7 days a week. Forget about being home on the weekends, they can't get their act together in order for that to happen. It is beyond ridiculous to have to wait 24 hours in order to get a load going out. They will tell you that your load is waiting on you, but once you get to the terminal, something always happens. It has been misplaced, the wrong trailer was assigned, the load is running behind...by 24 hours!!!!

Don't buy into what the recruiters tell you and those in Tennessee tell you.
Cons
Horribly inefficient, disorganized, excuses galore
CDL Driver
Class A CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNFebruary 3, 2017
The company really takes care of employees. Good equipment that is well maintained. Have service centers in all major locations, for parking and security. Promotions hard to get, when you are always on the road.
Pros
Great company to work for. They take care of employees.
Cons
Being away from home.
not a pleasant place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Duncan, SCFebruary 2, 2017
nice people, but when getting down to the actual work, it seemed like only a few out of many were actually doing the work. The majority of the day was spent in the middle of people yelling back and forth about sports.
Pros
Great place to work, period!
Truck load driver (Current Employee) –  Cookeville TnFebruary 1, 2017
I started with Averitt August 2, 1998 and I'm still here. I started driving a truck April 3, 1985. Best place I've ever worked. Averitt has always treated me very well. I have nothing but good things to say about this company and its hard to believe some of the reviews I read on here, because I've been sick and stayed in the hospital 5 weeks and was out of work from December till April the following year and Averitt paid me the whole time I was off . Darn good company that's all I can say.
Pros
Good company all around
Cons
Dont have any.
i loved it wish i wouldn't have left awesome people awesome company felt like family
Driver (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNJanuary 24, 2017
Love them when i see one of the trucks and get mad at my self i regret leaving but i did end up having a beautiful baby girl but i loved the job the people and the life
Pros
home nightly
Cons
i needed to live closer i drove a hour one way just to get to work then worked

Want to know more about Averitt Express?

Ask a question
Very good place
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Vance, ALJanuary 23, 2017
This is a very good place to work. very organized and good pay. The benefits arnt the greatest but that's just about anywhere. I would recommend to anyone.
Great Workplace
Dock Associate (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 12, 2017
Investigating and resolving shipping errors, freight damages, and discrepancies; This position is responsible for accurately and efficiently setting
Hard to get employed but nice once there
After Hours Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNJanuary 11, 2017
I would recommend this company to anyone. It may be hard to get hired on, but once you do it's a very nice job. Benefits are extremely good as well. Training provided.
Assistant Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXDecember 27, 2016
working for this group was very good enjoyed going in daily did not find to much to complain about at all the employees all worked well along side of each other as a team
Pros
just a great place to work
Cons
being laid off
typical buddy system
Dedicated Driver (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 19, 2016
They will screw region drivers out of miles by using dedicated drivers every chance they can. I never had a problem with vendor back hauls for my account but every time I got a third party stop to deliver I got home every time with less than 15 minutes on my 70 hours. The freight coordinator is a nice lady but she is the reason 25 drivers transferred out or left in the past year. For example the first time I dealt with her I made my last delivery, got an hour outside of Houston and she called to go to a pickup saying it was only 15 minutes away. I responded I left there an hour ago and when you talk to the fleet manager he always beats around the bush to avoid conflict. If you are going to drive this account know 3 things

1. Become a trainer fast so you can use paper logs. My trainer would write down Charleston Missouri and be at mile market 86 in Illinois when we stopped
2. Fleet manager couldn't lead a nude square dance and only drivers supporting him are previously mentioned trainers
3. Freight coordination sucks and you are better off getting on a dedicated account because as I said regional drivers get screwed over by brokerage by using the supply chain drivers.

The owner is a good person but the corporate team and supply chain fleet managers operate with a holier than thou mentality
Pros
gaining experience
Cons
management doesn't pay for mistakes
A company that will work for you
Part-Time Tech Support associate (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNDecember 2, 2016
Averitt is a company that recognizes employees who are willing to give their all for the company. An individual can expect to spend a lot of time working at most Averitt positions and Averitt will also allow you to work on the weekends if you so desire to.
Work friendly enviorment
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 17, 2016
I like them apparently I have been there for almost eight years.They have top of the line equipment.They take care of the drivers ,almost treating us as if we are family.
Pros
Always something new
Cons
No set schedule
fun place to work for
Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 14, 2016
excellent management team and great people, easy work supervisor understand workers with time off and any problems related to job overall its a really good company.
Good place to work would recommend to others.
Local truck driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 11, 2016
I was a local truck driver and sometimes help load trucks. The hardest part of my job was loading the truck. I like the co-workers and management team.
Truck driver
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNOctober 30, 2016
Great place to work meet a lot of new people dive all over the us great pay and the company works with you and you're family best company I have ever worked for

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Averitt Express. Our community is ready to answer.