Averitt Employee Reviews in United States

Great job
Shuttle Driver (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 21, 2016
Easiest truck driving job I've ever had. Good pay, easy work. Service center to service center loads of LTL freight. Updating to all new equipment. Not micro managed, just come in and do my loads and go home.
Pros
Service center to service center no customers to deal with
Cons
Slip seating trucks
Job could be better
Dedicated Driver (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 9, 2016
Job would be better .

if you call hr with problems ..they tell you to talk to manager ..so what's the point of hr..I thought this was a good job but turning out to be a circus. .all drivers unhappy
Pros
Home time easy work
Cons
They dont care about drivers
Wonderful place to learn the industry and then move on to something better.
City Driver (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 18, 2016
Averitt is a a fantastic place to learn and hone your skills before you take them to your next stop in your career. There is little to no room for upward mobility and there is no program in place to identify and cultivate internal talent and turn them into future leaders. There are plenty of interviews which gives hope but after multiple interviews and all of them coming across as little more than just an obligatory call and watching these positions consistently get filled by outside candidates you begin to get a sense that there is no future outside the truck for you.
Of course they will trot out the occasional show pony and say that Mr. So-and-so and Mrs. Such-and-such were once lowly minions too but here they stand, a shining beacon of success, a monument to hard work and full of "The Averitt Way" which you find out is really just an empty mantra that gets regurgitated without the benefit of a definition.
So stay your one or two years and take your talents to a place with an appreciation of your skills.
Pros
Occasional cookouts.
Cons
Total compensation is lacking. Comparatively low wages. No real potential for advancement.
Excellent for student drivers
Truckload Regional driver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 14, 2016
I read a review here complaining about tattoos. I'll be the first to say that this is a professional atmosphere and if the people who sign your check want you to cover your tattoos then, cover your tattoos! I have a couple of tattoos and I have long sleeves. Sure it can get warm in the summer but have some respect. Averitt has treated me well and they DO care about their drivers. The problems I have encountered are minuscule and I'm sure industry wide. I am home every weekend and the pay is good too. When I lost my company I had to retrain late in life so I bring a lot of life experience here with me. If you are looking for a great company to build a career with then look no further. I did a lot of homework before choosing Averitt and I believe I made a great move when I did.
(Daniel Ross)
Pros
Progressive pay structure, great for newbies, breakdown, layover and detention pay. Pay for all empty miles, home weekends, profit sharing, great affordable health insurance, family friendly etc.etc!
Cons
N/A
Not a good place to work
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJuly 12, 2016
A day at work was normal if youv'e been in this field of work before, I learned that this company does not treat their employees with diginty and respect, The management was not fair to certain employees, my co- workers were very good co- workers worked very hard for not much money, In the winter time they had no portable heaters like previous freight companies I've worked in, the most enjoyable part of the job is already knowing the job from previous work.
Very productive atmosphere
P&D Driver, Safety and Driver Trainer (Former Employee) –  La Feria, TXJuly 7, 2016
learned how to properly load and deliver goods to locations. Stressed the importance of punctuality and professionalism
Over road driver
Over the Road Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 22, 2016
Spending most of my time driving to state to state learning how to back and maneuver tracker trailer and drive to city across America
Pros
services center and many states
Cons
.37 cents a mile pay check depend on how many miles you drive
Great work place
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 16, 2016
Averiit was very high volume ! All freight was moved in a timely matter and was shipped and sent out at extant cut times
Otr then local
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 16, 2016
Low miles and you do make it home weekends but only for your 34 hour reset. Don't make the miles promised. Local work you make the money but are required to deliver to people homes sometimes with a 53 footer. Management is difficult to deal with locally and have their favorites. Always sending you places you are not familiar with daily and you have to unload your truck.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Work, miles, money, management
OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 26, 2016
Averitt Express is a wonderful place to work. If you are seeking a career in transportation. This company is a great place to start a great career.
Difficult place to work
Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Hewitt, TXMay 18, 2016
Monotonous unloading and loading of trucks.
Learned the intricacies of shipping and delivery.
Management is willing to work around student schedules.
Hardest part of the job is the physical demand of unloading trucks and doing so outside.
The most enjoyable part of the job are the people you work with.
Pros
Management willing to work around student schedules
Cons
Work outside during all seasons and weather
Great Place to work
Customer Service Rep / Admin (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMay 6, 2016
waiting on the drivers to come for the day, so I could process their paperwork.
every driver was to turn all the paperwork daily and each form was signed.
I worked well with management
I worker well with my co-workers
When the power went out and could not process the work.
I enjoyed everyday while I worked there.
Pros
great company
Cons
having to leave the company
work is work
Regional Driver (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNApril 29, 2016
Hard job, good pay, very little home time, saw more of the United states than any other job. good equipment but for long term employees only. If you don't like my review.... write your own!!!
Pros
good pay
Cons
very little home time
Balance my personal life with work is most important
Director Truck Load Sales, Southeast Region (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 26, 2016
Work from home and I'm never off work I have 2 offices my days start around 5 in the morning because I was taught the early bird gets the work.
Pros
Travel see the world
Cons
Family time sometime
good job
DOCK WORKER PART TIME (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 22, 2016
Workout room television unloading and loading truck helping co worker with their truck. close to home.The supervisor work well with the worker .Averitt is a good place to work
productive and fun place to work
Inbound Leader (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 13, 2016
this was a great job, even though we had to work in the elements we ran a productive and safe operations. learned a lot from the people I worked with.
Pros
fun safe job
Great atmosphere
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALMarch 19, 2016
wonderful employees, pay not that good, good benefits, steady jobs, management seemed to be ok in most cases, good ole boy attitude.
Good Place
Front Line Leader / Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 11, 2016
Loved working here. This company is all about culture and extremely family oriented. If you decide to leave the company they will not hesitate to hire you back.
Pros
CULTURE & FAMILY ORIENTED
Still behind the times
Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 10, 2016
Limited assistance from executives.
Managers are improving.
Good co-workers willing to help and stand behind me.
The hardest part of the job the Operations manager.
The most enjoyable part of the job the employees I work with and for.
Pros
401k, vacation
Cons
no sick time, computers are still behind the times
Family oriented company gets OTR driver's home on weekends
Driver (Former Employee) –  Burbank, ILFebruary 29, 2016
50/50 fleet of manual and automatic transmissions. Pay for layover, breakdown, approved deadhead miles were paid at same rate as loaded. Reimbursed for out of pocket tolls and CAT scales and small repair items, such as light bulbs. Dispatcher worked with me when I had requests, either to get home early or stay out for the weekend.
Pros
401k, medical and life insurance