AVERITT

AVERITT Employer Reviews

Good place to work,steady employment,great managment,good pay and benefits.
Supply Chain Driver (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALOctober 13, 2013
Pros: pay scale, benefits, management
Cons: rotating shifts, subject to work in all wheather conditions.
Requires great driving skills,delivering time senstive materials,great management and co workers.the hardest part of the job is the rotating shifts. Always room for advancement,and hard work is rewarded.
Truckloads sucks
Regional Truckload driver (Current Employee), Knoxville, TnOctober 11, 2013
Pros: benfits
Cons: equipment, pay, low miles
I've been with them for 10 months and there is A LOT of sitting and waiting. I've talk to other guy that are LTL and must like it. Truckload and flatbed are at the bottom and are treated like redheaded step child.
Excellent Company to work for.
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 9, 2013
Averitt Co. is one of the best companies I ever worked for. Excellent benefits, and best of all excellent people to work with.
Not fun
Driver (Current Employee), Cookeville tnSeptember 18, 2013
This company sucks I usually dnt listen or read truckers reviews but man I should hv. A lot of sittin around not seem to live up to the miles. Only been with company two weeks and it sucks.
Excellent Training, benefit package, and safe reliable equipment.
Commercial Driver (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNAugust 24, 2013
Pros: excellent training
Cons: time off is not certain...but what cmv position provides this?
As a whole, the Averitt Organization is top shelf. The training they provided was immediately put into practice. The equipment, even if a bit high in mileage is always SAFE for road operation. My Fleet Manager bent over backwards to ensure that I was taken care of when I needed time off.

I would recommend this organization to ANY Professional Driver!
CARING WORK PLACE WITH AMPLE HOME TIME
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee), Cookeville, TNAugust 15, 2013
Pros: p
NO PROBLEMS WITH GETTING OFF FOR DR'S APPTS. OR EMERGENCIES
Great place to work!
Dock Worker (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARAugust 8, 2013
Great place to work with good pay and great management. Work is steady and productive.
work
Diesel Technician (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNAugust 8, 2013
Pros: i have a job
Cons: no compenstation for overtime
I work 12 hr shifts I get 2 ten min breaks and a 30 min lunch. I get a long with the people on my shift. I just wish my company would pay overtime for anything over 40 hours
Awesome company!
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 5, 2013
I worked for Averitt Express for over nine years. I resigned only due to my husband's relocation. I was offered a position at another service center closer to our new home. However, I decided to become a stay-at-home mom. The company, leadership and co-workers were all great! I cannot say enough good things about this company.
Laid back environment. Good job security. Everything else is average.
Driver/Dockworker (Current Employee), Bridgeton, MOJuly 21, 2013
Pros: laid back environment. good job security
Cons: not enough staff. work long hours. supervisors show favoritism.
Days are often 10-12 hours with no consideration to what time the work day started. Some management show favoritism to employees and some, it seems, just don't want to be "bothered" with anything pertaining to work. The majority of my coworkers are very hard workers. I would say the hardest part of the day is the long hours. The most enjoyable part – more... is the people I work with. – less
Great place to work.
truckdriver (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 16, 2013
driving semi truck. Drove all over eastern united states. co-workers are friendly and management is always helpful. the most enjoyable thing about my job was touring the states.
good company but began to treat you as a number
driver/truckload (Former Employee), Cookeville, TNJuly 15, 2013
Pros: decent pay and benefits, newer equipment
Cons: too much sitting, power was removed from dispatcher, load planners were in control
each day was different unless you were on a 2 day run you never knew where you were headed
i learned a lot about dealing with customers,managing my time better,better computer skills,e_logs
had a great dispatcher kept same one entire 5 years,upper level management was sometimes harder to deal with most have had no driving experience
the worst part was – more... waiting all day at times and then getting a load that should have been picked up 2 hrs ago,also getting unloaded in am fully rested and ready to go then having to sit untill 2200-2300 to pick up
meeting new people seeing new places – less
parttime dockworker
na (Former Employee), charlotte ncJuly 12, 2013
Cons: age
I have been trying to get a job there for ten months i have 20or more years moving freight crossdock but i cannot get a job so i guest it must be my age and they say there is no age Age discrimination in work place
Best place I have ever worked.
Customer Service/Puerto Rico (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 25, 2013
Pros: supportive staff
Cons: dental coverage could have been better
All the employees were professional and a pleasure to work with.
friendly work place
FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee), Orlando, flJune 20, 2013
I worked the overnight shift.
I would unload and load trucks
this is where i learned how to drive a forklift and got my certification.
great co-workers and fun enviroment
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 17, 2013
Pros: benefits, off holidays, great co-workers
Cons: can not think of any
enjoyed the variety of work given. busy place. enjoyed helping the other co-workers with HR issues.
Better than MOST freight companies. They try very hard.
OTR Truck Load Driver (Current Employee), Cookeville, TNJune 15, 2013
Pros: good home time.
Cons: not very open to suggested improvements.
Averitt is a good company to work for, They try very hard to please their employees. They are not too open to constructive feedback, but other than that, they are good, I speak for front line management regarding the "constructive feedback" comment. Not sure about upper management.
PRODUCTIVE WORKSPACE
Dock worker, warehouse, freight clerk (Current Employee), Ama, LAMay 29, 2013
GREAT ATMOSPHERE, GREAT COWORKERS FAST PACED ABILITY TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE COMPANY.
Lots of opportunities for advancement
Expedited Freight Specialist (Former Employee), Cookeville, TNMay 27, 2013
Pros: advancement
Cons: pay
I was promoted several times within a short duration of my employment. I had some great leadership and my co-workers were easy to get along with.
the absolute worst co. to work for in truckload
truckload driver (Former Employee), greensboro,NCMay 17, 2013
Pros: zero pros
Cons: complete joke
This co. is a joke. You get robbed of abt 15% of your miles(do the math, 100,000 miles per year X 15%= 15,000 miles you drive for nothing). You cannot get paid for your scale receipts. You will not receive any pay for stops,unloading or anything extra you do.
Fleet managers and load planners are ridiculous. Make no mistake about it, they work for the – more... co. and could care less about the drivers.
Just received my last pay check, they shorted me 709 miles plus 12.00 scale receipt. and I was blocked from the web site to view the trip listing of what I was payed for.
You spend more time loading and unloading tha you do driving. Deliver a local load(happens often) you get 25.00, for 3-4 hrs. of your time.
truck load division definitely needs to be unionized – less

About AVERITT

We're going somewhere! Working at Averitt isn't about punching the clock. It's about working with people who trust you, serving – Read more