Avertest Employee Reviews

Good company to work for, growing rapidly.
Collector (Current Employee) –  ConfidentialJune 21, 2017
Avertest is a great company to work for, since I have been here we have opened multiple locations. The people that left bad reviews on here were employees who probably couldn't hack it. This is definitely a company that if you work hard, it will pay off. The key words here being WORK HARD, some employees whom I have worked with want to come in and do the bare minimum, of course you're not going to be the first one picked for a promotion when you don't work hard.

When applying for this position, here are the things to keep in mind:
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Computer skills are a must.
- Schedule Flexibility.
- A good attitude.
- Honesty and Integrity.
- Have the will to learn more, not just punch the clock and do the bare minimum.
Pros
Decent pay, no college degree required, bonuses, growing company, opportunities for advancement
Cons
Some rude customers
Pretty Good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 8, 2017
My manager was very good, the pay was all right and the insurance was good. There was not as much chance for advancement as I would have liked. The hours were good.
Pros
Good people to work for
Cons
Not much chance to advance
Decent
Collector (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 30, 2016
I worked for the company for nearly 2 years. They met my needs just fine, even as a floating employee helping in other offices within St. Louis and at the lab. The pay was much better than minimum wage, and the collectors within my primary office were very much team players. You got a schedule for the entire month, and could easily plan around the needs. I don't recommend the St. Louis office, as it is smaller space with high volume, as well has much longer days on the weekend... but Clayton is more spacious and sanitary, with more accommodating weekend hours. The employees clean up frequently. The lab has quick result turnaround. The atmosphere is truly laid back, and not stuffy.
Clients overall were real nice, others not so much. But who truly looks forward to leaving a specimen sample for any reason!?
Ok
Specimen Collector (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INDecember 13, 2016
It was a ok place to work but it was a bit boring. Most of the time i was just sitting waiting for people to be checked in..Some days were busy but mostly not until the very last hour. Management was very nice and understanding. They really showed they cared about their employees. The pay and benefits nice even though i didnt get to utilize them because i was there a couple months. If you are like me and want a more hands on or fast paced job, I wouldn't recommend it but otherwise I would recommend this company.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Management
Cons
Rude People, Slow work days
poor management
Collector (Former Employee) –  York, PANovember 4, 2016
...Poor mmanagement. Poor pay. Had no benefits
Poor lab quality
Dont wwork for this company .
Favortism. A manager that cannot manage.
Very back stabbing and ignorant.
Pros
Cons
all
Good company
Laboratory/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Warrenton, MOAugust 29, 2016
Avertest is a decent company to work for with career advancement opportunities. They seem to care about the employees and offer incentives. Communication between management wasn't the best.
Do yourself a favor and just don't.
Collector (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 11, 2016
There is only room for advancement for those who are favored, not necessarily for who is most determined and works the hardest. Once you complain about anything or point out something that is being done that shouldn't be they will make your job miserable, demote you, cut your hours, change your schedule just to make it difficult until you finally quit. They expect you to fulfill many obligations, go to many trainings and obtain certifications but will not pay you what you are worth. Once they get tired of hearing you complain about wages they will just hire another sucker and go through the process again.
They do not care about you or your family. You will be diciplined if you ever leave for an emergency, no matter how reliable you are. You are lucky if you get a lunch break, even then you can't leave the office so you have to eat with the smell of urine everywhere sometimes in the same room with cups of urine.

Seriously. Just stay away from this company.
Pros
Absolutely nothing.
fun laiud back easy
Specimen Collector (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 17, 2015
the team work is not enforced to one employee. I feel there could be more accountability. it seems they make the new employee do all the testing while they sit in the front and check people in,
Pros
paid lunches
Cons
pay
Good Job, Rewarding
Certified Collector (Current Employee) –  MidwestOctober 21, 2015
Pros:
-The pay is good
-Full benefits
-Nice managers
-Great co-workers
-Rewarding work
-Ways to grow in the company
-Travel opportunities

Cons:
-Long hours
-Some rude customers
-Directly observed collections
Great Company with Opportunities for Advancement
Lead Specimen Collector (Current Employee) –  ConfidentialSeptember 2, 2015
I have had a really good experience at Avertest. The company works to help fight addiction which makes it very rewarding work. I have had multiple advancement opportunities offered to me which shows the company really cares about it's employees.

I was attracted to this organization because the job posting promised more than a career and so far they have delivered on that promise.

The atmosphere is is very family like. Everyone gets along very well with each other and encourages each other to do their best.

The pay is good and the benefits are more than what most companies offer. Upper management is is friendly and always there when you need them.

A lot is expected of employees in this company so if you don't want to work hard this probably isn't a fit for you. You have to take on more than what's in your job description to advance.
Pros
Advancement, great benefits, good pay, the best coworkers, friendly management
Cons
Not really a con but the expectation are high
Horrible company to work for
Specimen Collector (Former Employee) –  Downtown Saint LouisAugust 25, 2015
They are all about the numbers ($) for the benefit of the company. Never on a set schedule from day to day, always different hours, makes it hard to plan anything personally around a work schedule. There is no transparency from upper management to lower ranking employees. The training is really inadequate. The work space is really small, so you are constantly bumping into each other, and the turn over in employee's is extremely high because of the lack of company consideration for the employee.There is no set time for breaks or lunch (may not get one) in addition to there not being a designated area for employee's to eat in a truly sanitary area, being that this is a lab and dealing with body fluids. And last but not least, DO NOT DRINK ANY WATER out of this place they have been using the same water cooler plastic bottle that is at least, and I do mean at least 2 years old that they fill in the sink that they have dumped old urine specimens. This company will eventually suck the life out of you!! Take heed and run as far and as fast as you can.
Pros
Cons
You will leave and find better employment
Poor management, high turnover rate of employees,
Collector (Current Employee) –  St. LouisAugust 20, 2015
No room for job advancement, they don't promise the hours that we're given, management leaves most of the work for you to do! It has a bad reputation of forming clicks within the work environment. I would never recommend this job to anyone. Sometimes scary work and the staff doesn't have you in their best interest.
Pros
Remote location, life insurance policy and 401k
Cons
Management, no lunch, poor training, no leadership, discrimination
Horrible company to work for.
Specimen collector (Former Employee) –  Clayton and Downtown MissouriAugust 20, 2015
I was hired with the company knowing well in advance that my schooling and education comes first. They told me that it wouldn't be an issue and that they could work with me on scheduling. When my semester started, the company did not hold their promise. Instead of firing me, they hired another individual and drastically cut my hours to 30 hrs. a month. This company basically pushed me out, so I quit. The offices are understaffed and they work their managers to death. I would never work for this company again.
Pros
Putting smiles on faces
Cons
Every customer is negative. (they have every right to be though)
nice job
Specimen Collector (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 8, 2015
nice job I like it I really like the people I work with it was a full time job 10 hours shifts you work 7:45am to 6pm I have learned a lot about people
All right.
IT Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOJune 16, 2015
The pay in the job was good. The job itself was kind of harrowing to see. Doing drug testing for the courts you see a lot of people who worked at the company take out their personal anger on clients and they'd lose a job of child.
Easy going work place
Male Specimen Collector (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJune 2, 2015
Easy going job, collect samples from donors and send them off to a facility to get drug tested. Feel like sometimes advancement doesn't seem to exist.
Not a long term career
Specimen collector (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMay 13, 2015
Not a place you want to be staying long term. The management here is horrible, they could care less about their employees or the amount of hours you work. There is no room for advancements here no matter how much extra you put into the job. They expect you to put in everything you have and give you nothing in return.
Pros
Some downtime.
Cons
No breaks, no room for advancements, scheduling conflicts.
Great company to work for!
Specimen Collector (Current Employee) –  Kokomo, INNovember 20, 2014
This company will keep you on your toes. If you enjoy meeting new people every day and have an easy going personality this is for you. Very friendly staff and corporate bosses. Easy access to anything that you may need. Quick responses to any problems you may encounter.
not recommended
lab tech (Former Employee) –  Nashville,TN.April 22, 2014
Lazy co workers
Favoritism
Rude customers
Nasty work place
Pros
free parking
Cons
management lazy and rude
Steady job
Laboratory Staff (Current Employee) –  United StatesApril 15, 2014
Great company. Difficult to know if there are opportunities for advancement. Dynamics of the company seems to be constantly changing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avertest. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8