Avery Dennison

Avery Dennison Employee Reviews

Enjoyed this job it was my life
Scheduler and Material Coordinator (Former Employee), Riverside MissouriAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Safety and goal oriented
Cons: long hours at times
Very high productivity expected but very enjoyable. Good compensation and enjoyed the people I worked with. High safety priorities and goals. Great teamwork to make this facility one of the best in its division.
Management was good and my co-workers were good also.
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Painesville, OHAugust 18, 2015
The day started (actually at night, I worked 3rd shift) by doing a walk around the machine making sure everything was working right and that you were making a good product. I learned that the extruding business is very demanding and profitable. My co-workers were good to work with. The hardest part of the job was the long hours (12.25) then I had the long drive home (45 minutes), but the best job of the job knowing that you were coming back the next day to do it all over again. Very rewarding job with great benefits.
Strong corporate support and fantastic brand identification
Midwest Sales Representative (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Great brand identification
Cons: Weak leadership and focus
My position was working with merchant distribution and end users on a variety of pressure sensitive products.

I learned a great deal about the scope of adhesives used in the business. From low tack release adhesives to strong long lasting water proof adhesives.

The hardest part about this position was competing with other Avery Dennison divisions. Toll coating within the company was marked up too aggressively and once we converted into sheets, we were 20-30% higher than other players in the same market.
I enjoy my job as an operator.
Machine operator (Current Employee), Meridian,Ms 39301August 16, 2015
Pros: no free lunches
Cons: 20 minute lunch break
Some day I have a good day and some day I have a bad day. some jabs I run have different paper that runs through the machine better or worse than others.Over all I have a stable job with some insurance.
Profesional Work Place
Machine Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee), Chicopee, MAAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Easy returns
Cons: unexpected returns
A typical work day depends on the season, when tax fillings start , when is the last date of filling and the extensions are due. All depends where you work and how many clients you have schedule for the day.
A good company, but changing corporate mentality
DB2 DBA - Lead (Current Employee), Glendale, caAugust 14, 2015
I have enjoyed working for Avery Dennison, however, the constant organizational changes and shrinking corporate structure makes everyone's job precarious.
Fun Place to work
Inventory Manager/Crew Leader (Former Employee), Neenah, WIAugust 10, 2015
Great and fun place to work, great experiences, and positive interactions with associates. Gained many skills with this organization
Productive and fun
Project/Quality Engineer (Former Employee), Painesville, OHAugust 10, 2015
o Spearheaded the company’s drive to establish the registration to QS9000 and to TS16949;
o Led Kaizen initiatives that resulted in improved efficiency, productivity, and safer workplace;
o Developed project objectives, specifications, and cost estimates for custom automated inspection machine and chip removal system;
o Led the project of selecting, installing, and commissioning robotic welder;
o Involved in selecting and installing die protection systems that increased uptime and reduced die crashes; and
o Designed tooling and fixture for the compound forming process and other value added processes.
Poor company
Line Operator (Former Employee), Meridian, MSJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Its a job
Cons: Everything, You have been warned!
If you want to work and be treated as a slave. Then this company is for you. Low pay, forget about a pay raise, if your in the club you will do okay. If not then start looking for another job. Your best will not even be close. Treated like a child and whatever you thought you should be doing is wrong.
Fast paced manual labor job
Operator (Former Employee), Fitchburg, MAJune 24, 2015
You come in inspect the parts and the scale to see that everything is correct and then you package parts for 4 hours. You have your lunch break, or meal break, and then package parts on a new machine for four more hours.
Its a calm job, can be a little lonely due to the loud noises and the fast paced machines which lead to minimal human interaction. It keeps you busy and the time flies by.
Two fifteen minute breaks and a half hour meal break.
Job security is there, but not much room for advancement.
Enjoyed working with them.
Maintenance Mechanic/Parts Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Rochelle, ILJune 18, 2015
Pros: Lots of learning
Cons: Not really any cons.
I really enjoyed working at Avery Dennison. I had a lot of freedom and excelled at my career. I learned a ton. My life has never been the same since they moved the plant to Mexico.
Productive fun place with a Ping Pong table
a little of everything (Former Employee), Holliston, MAJune 10, 2015
Pros: very flexible
Cons: very busy in the summer
great place, good management team, flexible, could work from home, easy to get time off, good benefits. not much room for advancement
Reorganization in place
IT Manager, North America (Former Employee), Mentor, OHJune 4, 2015
In storming stage due to the reorg. Senior management is new and bringing in lot of changes which has caused turbulence and is affecting productivity and stability of teams.
Productive and good benefits
colormax operator lead (Former Employee), lenoir ncJune 3, 2015
Pros: holiday pay
Cons: always felt rushed
Lead colormax operator, met customer quality requirements, worked well with colleagues and helped each other when necessary if the job was difficult to print
Great Job to work
TEAM PRODUCTION WORKER (Former Employee), Meridian, MSMay 28, 2015
Pros: people and pay scale
Cons: none to think of
A typical day at work at Avery Dennison is always in production but not too fast pace. The learning curve is good with options to help maximize talents that will be developed while working there. Co-workers are very diverse and easy to get along with. managers can be firm, yet not too demanding to seek aid or advice. the hardest part was not being able to master everything Avery had to teach.
Chemical company with potenial Growth
Sr. Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Mill Hall, PAMay 17, 2015
Chemical company in Mill Hall, diverse background and educational level among staff. Many team building activity. Opportunity for advancement if willing to move to NE Ohio.
Work never ends
Technical Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee), Mentor, OHApril 28, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Job security
Most of the daily activities with my team were great. We covered for each other and cross trained.
That being said the work never ends, I was called on vacation to run a meeting because a high level manager was going to listen in and my boss was not up to date on my project.
We were always so busy we never got properly trained.

A High level manager screw up on the budget and as a result 50 people were laid off but he still has his job.
Loved learning at this job daily
Embellishment Product Development Specialist (Current Employee), Lenoir, NCApril 26, 2015
Pros: Great learning oppurtunity
Cons: Not much communication about company outlook
Really enjoyed interacting with everyone in every individual department. Also enjoyed the customer interaction as needed. The hardest part of my day was finding color matches from the Pantone book to the Avery Custom Colors
Great experience
Digital Communications Specialist (Current Employee), Glendale, CAApril 10, 2015
A great work experience at the corporate headquarters in Glendale, California. I would recommend the company to anyone.
Overall good company to work for. Good compensation and benefits package.
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee), Lenoir, NCMarch 2, 2015
Provided support and guidance to all employees, from Managers to hourly employees. Being able to handle multiple projects, with prioritizing.

Learning is an on-going process, as the business changes, you need to change and learn as new practices and policies are put into place. Being able to adapt to different management styles.

The hardest part of the job was during periods of reduction in force, understanding the business needs, but knowing you are impacting someone's life.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the employees and being able to help them out, whenever they had any issues or concerns.
Headquarters