Avery Dennison

Avery Dennison Employee Reviews

Chemical company with potenial Growth
Sr. Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Mill Hall, PAMay 17, 2015
Chemical company in Mill Hall, diverse background and educational level among staff. Many team building activity. Opportunity for advancement if willing to move to NE Ohio.
Work never ends
Technical Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee), Mentor, OHApril 28, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Job security
Most of the daily activities with my team were great. We covered for each other and cross trained.
That being said the work never ends, I was called on vacation to run a meeting because a high level manager was going to listen in and my boss was not up to date on my project.
We were always so busy we never got properly trained.

A High level manager screw up on the budget and as a result 50 people were laid off but he still has his job.
Loved learning at this job daily
Embellishment Product Development Specialist (Current Employee), Lenoir, NCApril 26, 2015
Pros: Great learning oppurtunity
Cons: Not much communication about company outlook
Really enjoyed interacting with everyone in every individual department. Also enjoyed the customer interaction as needed. The hardest part of my day was finding color matches from the Pantone book to the Avery Custom Colors
Great experience
Digital Communications Specialist (Current Employee), Glendale, CAApril 10, 2015
A great work experience at the corporate headquarters in Glendale, California. I would recommend the company to anyone.
Overall good company to work for. Good compensation and benefits package.
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee), Lenoir, NCMarch 2, 2015
Provided support and guidance to all employees, from Managers to hourly employees. Being able to handle multiple projects, with prioritizing.

Learning is an on-going process, as the business changes, you need to change and learn as new practices and policies are put into place. Being able to adapt to different management styles.

The hardest part of the job was during periods of reduction in force, understanding the business needs, but knowing you are impacting someone's life.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the employees and being able to help them out, whenever they had any issues or concerns.
Great place for recent graduates
Digital Marketing Specialist (Current Employee), Mentor, OHMarch 1, 2015
Avery Dennison is a great place for someone joining the workforce right after school. The people at this company are great to work with.
no job security
Lead Floor Person (Former Employee), Lenoir NCFebruary 15, 2015
management no communication , excellent pay compared to area businesses and location , company outsourcing lot of proceses eliminating positions
Best Co. I ever had the pleasure to work for
Mechanic (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: great benefits, very generous, pro education, family oriented
I never dreamed that I would have had the pleasure to work for such an outstanding company. This was a place I truly enjoyed working for. They did not try to hide the fact that they were moving their operations back to Japan. We had a 1 year notice and were given a very generous package at the end. A top rate company with top rate people. It was all good
A good place to work
Finishing Operator (Former Employee), Painesville, OHFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: free lunches nice breaks.
Cons: management
The work itself at Avery is not very demanding. I ran a slitter which is very straightforward as long as you are able to measure to set knives. The worst part of the job is the management as we would frequently run out of supplies and they forced overtime on very short notice.
Great place for lean leaders!
HR Manager (Former Employee), Chicopee, MAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: opportunity, global exposure, fun product lines
Truly dedicated to Lean and process improvement, fun culture of people who work hard and play hard.
Friendly Atmosphere
Forklift operator (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GAJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: company family picnics, christmas parties
Cons: salary scale
Daily morning meetings discussed previous day's production rate and ensured my machine was ready to start.

I learned that team work was essential to be successful.

Management decisions had to be respected whether felt to be sufficient or not.

My co-workers were very appreciative of my assistance to them and my aggressiveness to get the job done right.

The hardest part of the job was working along side other employees who did not have the same job values and motivation as myself.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the family environment that I enjoyed for 15 years.
excellent
Contractor (Current Employee), Mentor, OHDecember 29, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Great place to work great experience potential for growth if you get hired into any position
not a good place
Customer Product Development Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 1, 2014
did not care about employees, sales team was not easy to work with
Strong family based company with opportunity to move up
Machine Technician, Battery Changer (Current Employee), Meridian, MSNovember 22, 2014
Pros: vaction and sick day
Cons: short lunches paid every two weeks
Strong family based company. With lots of opportunity to move up, available overtime, and good benefits
Management has no vision
Operations Team Member II (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga,CANovember 21, 2014
Cons: no opportunity for growth, management is good ol boy network, very little work life balance.
This company is spinning its wheels. They like to say that they are moving forward with innovation, but their actions don't reflect that. They don't invest in their machines, they don't invest in their people. The Senior Management surround themselves with know nothings who don't challenge their archaic ways to run a company. They show no value to the employees and they do not hire from within the company.
Was an excellent place to work
EHS Manager (Former Employee), Quakertown, PANovember 11, 2014
I enjoyed my time at Avery, excellent people and great team work.
Safety is a key part of the culture at Avery and we took great pride in winning the Governor’s award for safety excellence. Unfortunately the last 12 months have been tough, 3 plant managers, 2 HR managers so it has been hard to know which direction the facility is heading. I wish the employees at Avery all the best
Good wages ,decent benefits at the end
Lead Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Clinton,SC 29325November 11, 2014
Pros: good wages
Cons: health care costs
All around a decent place to work. Coworkers were the highlight of the day. Company is to top heavy.
Fun place to work
Receiving Associate/Administrative Support (Former Employee), Holliston, MANovember 11, 2014
Very good company to work for . Very flexible with Job Work/Life Balance. Management is also good
Nice people, good work-life balance
Film Scientist (Current Employee), Mentor, OHOctober 24, 2014
enjoy working with smart people who are very helpful.
Work-life balance is good.
Excellent benefits and compensation but narrow management and conservative culture.
Great company, good benefits
Manager - Lean Sigma Specialist (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCOctober 20, 2014
A lot of room for advancement and great benefits. I worked my way up from the manufacturing floor to managed sustainment of new SOPs at global manufacturing locations Including: Hong Kong, China, Turkey, Germany, United Kingdom, Columbia, El Salvador, Mexico and across the US.

1 2 3 4 5

About Avery Dennison

Avery Dennison is easy to label: It's a global leader in the making of adhesive labels used on packaging, mailers, and other items. – Read more

Avery Dennison Salaries