Avery Dennison Employee Reviews

Nice people.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAAugust 18, 2017
Very clean and impressive office. Occasional lunch provided. Everyone was very easy going and a pleasure to get to know. There was never a day that I felt negatively about my job.
Pros
christmas party and vacation, spotlight lunch, smiling faces
Cons
sometimes it was so quiet that it was creepy
Good company to work for
Global Product Manager - Electronics (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 8, 2017
Great people at the company - especially in research & development. Management team can be detached from day to day actions required to meet annual goals.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Poor work/life balance
Very productive and fast pace environment
Mold Packer (Former Employee) –  Fitchburg, MA 01420August 7, 2017
Everyday you come into work, you're assigned to certain machines by your supervisor. And from there on, you rotate. Typical day at work is a very loud machinery, warm, fast pace environment. There's no wasting time because you always got to prep your machines or do a quick follow up with the previous shift's employee before you take over. And as far as grabbing supplies you need base on your machine(gloves, thick cotton gloves, pen, ear plugs) The work place culture is pretty cool. Everybody, when they can or the ones that has the slow machines....they'll help you out. Or definitely buy you a drink on your break. Management is good. There's a meeting per month or when ever safety hazards or concerns that becomes an issue. We always have meetings to tackle those issues off. The most enjoyable part is helping each other out and company celebrations.
Pros
Two 10 min breaks, 30 min lunch, nice lounge, drinks and food vending machine, PPE is provided, Over time, Bonuses
Cons
Loud and warm environment, work floor is a bit cramp, third shift's vending machines dont get restock until morning
Productive and good work place
Sr. Software QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Westborough, MA 01581|August 7, 2017
Avery Dennison - develop Label and Packaging Materials division offers pressure-sensitive label and packaging materials that combine creative expertise and engineering
Hot, but the pay is decent
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INAugust 4, 2017
The pay you receive is decent for a factory. It is not overly hot in there. The people are great and it is not a hard job. A lot of this is push button.
I liked the crew i worked with.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSAugust 3, 2017
It was a good place to work at work wise work wasn't hard. Management sucked. Maintenance manager never had your back. Benefits were ok not the best, you did get yearly raises though.
Pros
Wasn't hard work, climate control facility
productive
Warehouse Associate/Picker/ Replenisher (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 2, 2017
this company was awesome but it went out of town and relocated after 911 attacks, great management team and safety coordinator this is one of the best
An excellent place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHAugust 1, 2017
World class management structure
Advancement opportunities for those seeking to apply themselves
First in the industry
Flexible culture
Work provides variety
fast.
Reach Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSJuly 31, 2017
typical day working from the time you get there from the rime you leave.There is no time for nothing else hard work and you have to have good time management and fast.
Very productive
Hang worker (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSJuly 29, 2017
Well I worked through a temp service but I loved the job. I worked up under my sister she was over my hang but she didn't let me slide and I didn't try to either. To me everything is about being fare to everyone. It was real fast paced and I could keep up and I would have loved to stayed and became full time but as always poor temp management and I don't no women can't get along on the job
Pros
No free nothing
Cons
But plenty of breaks
fun place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSJuly 27, 2017
Job move to mexico, Ilost my job.I enjoy working there over the 20 years.I miss benefits and insurance also 401k plan match.I enjoy working with people in general,also management and staff ,over all.
Pros
pay threw breaks
Cons
short lanch breaks
I learned alot working for this company. Traing in different departments and learning mew skills
Screen Printing (Former Employee) –  Lenoir, NCJuly 25, 2017
The people there were awesome. We all worked as a team . Benifets were great. Pay was good. Hours were good. Sometimes it was layer back others times were fast paced. Depending on what we had to get out and how long.
nice people there good enviorment but you get used
Material Handler/ machine opperator (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHJuly 25, 2017
not a bad place to work but i worked there for almost 2 years as a temp. and all they do is use you and throw you to the curb they will lead you on . and job placement is unfair.
United States review
US Production Art Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 15, 2017
Currently there is another change. If you like changes and can move thru layoffs and unknown clear structures than this will suit you. Most of the business is moved to off shore. Management does not share the vision well and each quarter there are job cuts.
Pros
Time worked is not limited to straight 8 hours.
Cons
Bad communication
worked for a temp service
Quality Control Inspector/order puller (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSJuly 9, 2017
check pallets make sure the product is placed on the pallet correct pull orders take them to the correct lane for shipping and pull another order and repeat the process
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
worked for a temp service
Great salary compensation as I don't have a college education.
Customer Service Data Entry Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Schererville, INJuly 6, 2017
A typical work day was basically talking to customers throughout the day and loads of data entry. I was happy to work there because of the compensation including monetary through insurance and vacation/sick days.
Pros
Christmas parties, bonuses ect.
Cons
The other employees there didn't seem very happy due to poor management I suppose.
Steady pay and set schedule
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSJuly 6, 2017
Steady and good paying job with good support of benefits off every weekend set schedule also get paid on every holiday . But the only problem was lack of leadership .
Pros
Off every weekend
Cons
Lack of leadership and teamwork.
Development, Continuous Improvement, Operational Excellence
Business Unit Leader, Labels (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJune 21, 2017
I worked for Avery Dennison OPNA Group for 8 years in two locations early in my career. I enjoyed the focus on innovation and continuous improvement as well as the opportunity to advance in my career. A big part of the culture at the time was a focus on 360 degree feedback as a vehicle for development and performance improvement. I found the leaders to be supportive, challenging me to learn and grow while delivering results for the company.
Pros
Great Leaders, Innovation and Improvement
Cons
No Cons for Me
Great balance between work and leisure time.
Machine operater (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSJune 20, 2017
I like working at Avery Dennison. The only thing I didn't like is when work was slow which ultimately resulted into going home early which put a dent in my check.
Pros
Great balance
Work Place
Inspection Department Lead (Former Employee) –  Lenoir, NCJune 13, 2017
It was not hard work. I learned a lot. Typical day was getting the labels out on time. We made labels for clothing for example labels for Nike. We made labels for inside of clothing also.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avery Dennison. Our community is ready to answer.