Avery Dennison Employee Reviews

challenging but rewarding
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 29, 2016
Avery is a place where you to explore multiple dimensions of the field you work in, as responsibilities are often blended. The management challenges you and allows you to grow fast. The culture and balance of life has improved tremendously over the last few years, but still has ways to go.
Great Company!
Administrative (Current Employee) –  OhioJanuary 30, 2016
Great company with excellent benefits and tuition reimbursement. The sky is the limit for career growth if one is willing to put in the work. Avery Dennison wants to see employees excel and are very supportive.
Flexible and understanding
Machine Operator II (Former Employee) –  Lenoir, NCDecember 30, 2015
Was crossed trained in several areas. So, I went department to department as needed. Knew several machine operations. Managers were understanding and willing to listen and help sort out issues. Co-workers were willing to train you when needed. Hardest part of the job was getting up at 3:30am! Most enjoyable part was clocking out at 3pm!
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
Great overall
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, INFebruary 14, 2016
You cannot beat Avery's pay and benefits. However, the work shifts are not realistic. It takes a long time to get on a dayshift position.Some management is very pushy and numbers oriented.
Pros
Salary, Benefits
Cons
Large Workload
Productive, no room for growth.
administrative assistant/Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHJanuary 4, 2016
I was given the opportunity to start at Avery Dennison 2.5 years ago. I have enjoyed my time here at Avery as well as learned many new skills and aspects of adhesive. I have learned many new programs Avery utilizes on a daily basis as well as improved my previous computer skills.
Unfortunately, the division of Avery I currently work for is very small and has no room for growth, I would like to find something more challenging or a position that changes from day to day.
Pros
Salary
Cons
No growth
My Work Day
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 16, 2016
My work day was always interesting. There was at least one new thing to learn each day. Being involved with the day to day operation of the company was challenging but worth it. Management interacted with office and production staff daily. The hardest part of my job was learning the engineering processes. The most enjoyable part of my job was being in constant communication with suppliers and customer service ensuring that our customer needs we being meet.
Pros
Employee activities
Great People - Great Company
Raw Material Buyer/Planner - Shipping Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mill Hall, PADecember 4, 2015
The people are what makes this company what it is today. As the company grows and changes occur, its the employees working in the trenches that make Avery Dennison what it is today
Pros
Flexible, Understanding
Cons
Company politics & disconnected management
Our plant was like one big family.
Manufacturing Pre-Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Lenoir, North CarolinaJune 5, 2016
Our plant was like one big family. I have seen lots of people come and go after being there 16 years. We had good pay and benefits. We got 2 paid 20 minute breaks a day. Our plant had just celebrated its 50th year in which they fed us, gave away prizes, had fun and games, gave all of us t-shirts, and got our picture taken for the local newspaper. The following year they announced that the plant would be closing. I will miss all my co-workers that I worked with for years.
Poor management and job security, long work hours and no appreciation
R&D Technical Leader (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHAugust 28, 2015
Avery has very good benefits (401k, etc) but the management at Vancive Medical is absolutely horrible. No appreciation for hard work and job security is poor. I was let go from my job during development of a flagship product in which I was leading successfully, due to another group not meeting milestones.
Pros
Benfits
Productive workplace
Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSJune 15, 2016
It was consistent hard work. I learned about hydraulics and pneumatic systems, Most of the management staff were very helpful and I enjoyed working with my coworkers, It was a team effort. The hardest part of the job was crawling under machines that were greasy and hard to fix. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with on a daily basis.
Pros
Good place to work.
Cons
Sometimes I worked without a break.
Employees like family
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lenoir, NCSeptember 18, 2015
Always provided classes to learn; Microsoft Office, Team Management, etc. Could always approach management with issues, and were taken seriously. Closing a business is hard to see. Made many friends over the span of a career.
Pros
Benefits;
Cons
nice place to work, good flexibility. Good people to work with.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIJune 24, 2016
I enjoy my time at Avery Dennison. They have provided me an opportunity to work within a team setting as well as individually. They have provided me an opportunity for growth. In my 13+ years they have allowed me to acquire many different skills.
Pros
good people, good pay
Cons
limited opportunity for a 1st shift job opening
Great Place to Work When You're Starting Out
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHFebruary 23, 2016
My typical day would involve: answering phone calls, reading emails, filing paperwork and talking to my co-workers about the next step. I was able to use my Excel skills to create templates for them.

Since I was an intern I was used in multiple different departments and it could be difficult. One department was kind, enjoyed working with me and told me how much I was needed. Another department was only kind to me when they needed something. Other departments didn't acknowledge me that much but they weren't rude.

I was able to focus on my job but my life could get in the way. My main boss was great. I strongly recommend working at Avery if you're first starting out.
Productive and fun place to work!
Human Resource Representative (Former Employee) –  Lenoir, NCAugust 2, 2016
The people I worked with at Avery Dennison (locally and worldwide) were instrumental in my success. The atmosphere is full of energy and fun. The work day goes by fast. It is not work when you enjoy what you do.
Pros
People are energetic
Cons
somedays, no time for lunch
Management was good and my co-workers were good also.
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Painesville, OHAugust 18, 2015
The day started (actually at night, I worked 3rd shift) by doing a walk around the machine making sure everything was working right and that you were making a good product. I learned that the extruding business is very demanding and profitable. My co-workers were good to work with. The hardest part of the job was the long hours (12.25) then I had the long drive home (45 minutes), but the best job of the job knowing that you were coming back the next day to do it all over again. Very rewarding job with great benefits.
An Excellent Platform to gain experience in Global Business
Global Account Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 30, 2016
An excellent platform to gain experience in global business. The Company has great assets in over 50 countries providing opportunities to work with a diverse work force.
Pros
Global, Promotes from with in, Diverse work force, good benefits
Cons
Large Company with a complex structure
Productive place to work
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSAugust 18, 2016
Productive place to work.Worked with a team of good people,fair hours per week. Left for better opportunity at Nissan.Worked for the company for eleven years.
Pros
Medical benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Great people!
Former employee, full time (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHApril 22, 2016
Avery Dennison is great company to get exposure to and learn about manufacturing. Lot's of company politics (like lots of places); but you learn how navigate and make your way and in doing so you gain experience and build relationships that make you better at what you do. Antiquated systems can be frustrating at times but again, you deal with it and do what needs done.
Interesting place to work...
Controller (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 15, 2016
Interesting and demanding place to work. Casual work environment. Diverse personnel. Great compensation/benefits and a favorable attitude towards work/life balance.
Pros
see review
Wonderful place to work with many perks
Financial Analyst Canadian Billing Process Owner (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHMay 12, 2016
Avery really cared about their employees and kept them up to date with any changes in the business. They had meetings to keep employees engaged and had multiple training for career advancement.
Pros
Excellent company many perks.
Cons
Outsourcing of jobs