Avesis Employee Reviews in United States

Pretty Cool company
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 11, 2016
Pretty Cool company to work for Staff is Pleasant. A Typical day is good no micromanaging. Communication between departments needs improvement and you got to practically get 0 errors. Everyone makes mistakes but overall pretty good company to work with.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Short Breaks Cant really take time off without penalty, Too much competitive behavior.
New company grownig pains.
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 27, 2016
Systems does not work. There are too man work arounds which kill productivity. The turnover is too high.t staff is still learning and growing.
Very Educational
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE AVESIS (Former Employee) –  AZOctober 5, 2015
Working here I learned the ins and out of insurance, I now understand deductibles, in/out of network providers, claims, coverage. Although this job was a temporary job I did enjoy it and I have no complaints about the job. What bothered me was the morning and evening traffic before and after work to get to ad from work that was always the roughest part of my day.
Pros
I learned a lot of things that I could use in my life as far as insurance
Cons
Traffic; Distance
Utilization Mangement Coordinator
Utilization Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GAAugust 14, 2015
Each day can be very different from the day before. I have the wonderful responsibility to maintain the UM Faxes that come in each day and ensure the they are distributed to the appropriate person. I assist the coordination of HEDIS initiatives with the Health Plans the we services. I provide Provider education and take provider calls regarding claims, eligibility, authorizations credentialing and try to resolve them in a timely and professional manner. I help implement proper coding and billing guidelines for the eye medical plans. This is just a few of my daily activities, among other administrative duties.
changes to many kiss up for providers and some members
Claims Analysis Claim Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 19, 2015
I have been here for a number of years no real advancement pick choose for advancement. no real oppurtiunty even though . they say it is/ lots mis communication you think u know your job u really don't/its funny how some depts. get higher raises than other. how the new people come in making two dollars more than the old people. what about the people that's been there 5 years or more.one department can do something and the other cant. that could me that our manager don't fight for us.
Pros
nice hours, luch and break fast here there . most employees are nice.
Cons
to many to list
aweful
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  phoenix, azMay 7, 2015
small company, they don't know what they are doing. It's a zoo, the management is very discrimitive and have no respect for people. They are very disrespectful.
Auditing dept
Claims auditor (Former Employee) –  PHX, AZMarch 18, 2015
came in as a temp with yrs of medical and adjustment experience, management was aware I had no experience with auditing but was willing to train. After 2 months of asking questions about training there was no response just "do the best u can" attitude. 3 month finally got trained (for 4 days) came back NOW knowing the job duties but was let go 2 weeks before Christmas telling the agency me nor the other coworker that was let go asked questions and from the time we walked in the door we were being audited got our work (found out a week before they let us go) this maybe a good company but they need to change management asap...or at least hire a manager that knows how to work an excel spreadsheet
Pros
spacious cubicles
Cons
management training
Not so good
Assistant Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 25, 2015
Poor management and an awful chance for promotions. People are scared for their jobs here as turnover is high. Not a family first company if you know what I mean???
Cons
everything
Lots of work needed
Customer Care Rep (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 18, 2015
I hate to write a bad review but when a company treats you as a number and not a company then it creates a problem. Investing in your company environment, materials, associates are all things that keep a company alive and workers happy. Thats something that is failing in this company.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 14, 2014
Clients would call in asking about their insurance benefits (dental, hearing, and vision) and we would inform them.
Small environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  3030 n central aveSeptember 11, 2014
A typical day at Avesis is answering incoming calls from customers and providers.
I've learned the benefit of dental, vision, and hearing.
I think management can be better.
Most co workers were not a friendly at all.
The hardest part of the job was the lack of training.
Most enjoyable part of the job is being and to give customer service.
Pros
group activities
Cons
not allow to have drinks or at least snacks at the desk
Family Enviroment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 13, 2014
Great people to work with. Managment and other department supervisors and Co-workers are AMAZING!!!
Cons
hard to get promoted.
adfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfas
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  phoneix azJune 26, 2014
a great place to work unfortunately contract job inbound call center
Pros
new sill set
Cons
contract job
Productive, Family Oriented
Customer Care Representative to incoming calls (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 9, 2014
Working for Sears TeleService is one of the great companies to work with, there energetic, friendly, and very family oriented. They are much laid back and very understanding on personal situations. If my department had never gone over seas I would have stayed with the company as my career. Callers you do get the variety of personalities however it all depends on your demeanor with them. Sales part of the job was very easy, who doesn’t want discounts and savings for major repairs or replacements? We all do! Co-workers are great loved my peers and the management team there. Sears does have activities during work hours to have your family come and visit and eat with you; they do BBQ on a regular for family days. Saturdays if you want to pick a few hours and don't have a sitter they do allow you to bring in your children as long as you can keep them from being noisy while you do your job as well as others. Sears has great growth opportunities, I loved my position while employed and would have never changed it.
Pros
bbq lunches, family oriented, games and activites on the floor
Cons
n/a
Growing company with potential
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GAJuly 9, 2013
Responsible for implementation new business and ensuring that all parties are comfortable with transitioning.
Implementing a successful business gurantees positive and financial growth between both parties.
My coworkers are very knowledgeable and accessible.
Not communicating well is difficult.
Challenges and resolving positive solutions is enjoyable.
Pros
travel
Cons
communicatiom
processing claims.
Claims Analysis II (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 8, 2013
processing claim. mangagement is not very good at all. co workers are ok.
Pros
work from home
Cons
no advancement. pick choose who they want to advancement
Slowly or non productive customer service
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 27, 2012
Pay was good, and coworkers were real friendly and supportive, but I pride myself on my customer service, and unfortunately there were too many errors with the company that did not allow me to provide the best customer service possible. Also, I love interacting face-to face with my customers, but this was a call center job, so I was not able to do that with my customers.
Pros
the best coworkers and a great break room filled with all your caffeine and snack needs.
Cons
short breaks and too much sitting down.

2.9