Avesis Employee Reviews

The best place I've ever worked.
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJuly 7, 2017
I work in the marketing department, and I enjoy my work, my coworkers, my managers, and my job.

My coworkers are diverse--of every age, ethnicity, color, background. All are professional, and most are fun to work with. In fact, when there are opportunities for socializing (happy hours, parties, ballgames, picnics, etc.), I usually take them, which isn't something I've ever been able to say.

The company values family and a work/life balance, and that's not just talk. There are lots of extra perks, too, like ice cream on the company just because and a casual summer dress code.

The hardest part of my job is not knowing everything but thinking I do. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting compliments on my work.

If you are competent, there is minimal micro-managing, but I think we all get overwhelmed sometimes and forget what people are doing and what we need to get done. But most people are trusting and trustworthy.

I've learned a lot about the insurance industry, and I'm trying to change its reputation among our members.

I recommend Avesis as a great place to work.
Pros
trust, diversity, flexibility, telecommute opportunities
Cons
health benefits could be better!
Good For work experience
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 27, 2017
able to learn how to read, summit claims. the hardest part is the respond time for claims to be fix, able to have a personal relationship with client's and providers
Pros
Educational opp. in dental, vision, hearing
Cons
Healthcare
Horrible place to work
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 19, 2017
This job was ok in the beginning but the longer you stay, the quicker you see everyone for who they really are. They micromanage you, judge you and throw you under the bus, and lets not to forget to mention fire you for no apparent reason.
data entry/medical claims
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 15, 2017
The dept I work in to me I found unfriendly, the people stuck together and most didn't make you feel very welcome, could be cause I was only a temp, the environment was negative.
Pros
you got two 15 minutes and 1/2 hour for lunch
Cons
was temp only
Avesis
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 10, 2017
A typical day would be coming in and logging into your computer and getting ready to take phone calls. I learned a lot about benefits dealing with medical, vision, and hearing. Management there was good. The workplace culture was nice there. The job wasn't that hard for me so I cant answer that. The whole job was enjoyable..
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Takes along time to go permenant
Not a good company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 8, 2017
Not a great work environment. To many upper management dating Csr's. Totally unprofessional! Team leads don't know anything. They learn as we learn. I'm just trying to understand how they Tl's an don't know half of what new Csr's no smdh. I think that in order for the CEO to make this business boom he has to sit back an observed an let go! If he wants this company to grow. He gotta do a lot of house keeping. An starting treating employees with integrity an respect. The management they have now in this Phoenix office gossips all day an act like young wild teenagers. Not a good business to invest to much time in. You can't talk to Hr Becaus your business would be floor wide! An nothing would be done. I normally don't give bad reviews but when it's appropriate I will an right is right. People need to know there options when looking for jobs!
Pros
Some free lunches/breakfast, great Ot
Cons
Short lunches, penalize for everything, not enough training.
Pretty Cool company
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 11, 2016
Pretty Cool company to work for Staff is Pleasant. A Typical day is good no micromanaging. Communication between departments needs improvement and you got to practically get 0 errors. Everyone makes mistakes but overall pretty good company to work with.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Short Breaks Cant really take time off without penalty, Too much competitive behavior.
inbound call center
Customer Care Advocate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 22, 2016
inbound call center assisting health care providers and health care members . The hardest part of the job was not having having enough support on the floor. The company had high turn over rates . Good work is not recognized or acknowledged.
Pros
set schedules
Cons
could not use bathroom without being timed
New company grownig pains.
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 27, 2016
Systems does not work. There are too man work arounds which kill productivity. The turnover is too high.t staff is still learning and growing.
Very Educational
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE AVESIS (Former Employee) –  AZOctober 5, 2015
Working here I learned the ins and out of insurance, I now understand deductibles, in/out of network providers, claims, coverage. Although this job was a temporary job I did enjoy it and I have no complaints about the job. What bothered me was the morning and evening traffic before and after work to get to ad from work that was always the roughest part of my day.
Pros
I learned a lot of things that I could use in my life as far as insurance
Cons
Traffic; Distance

Want to know more about Avesis?

Ask a question
Utilization Mangement Coordinator
Utilization Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GAAugust 14, 2015
Each day can be very different from the day before. I have the wonderful responsibility to maintain the UM Faxes that come in each day and ensure the they are distributed to the appropriate person. I assist the coordination of HEDIS initiatives with the Health Plans the we services. I provide Provider education and take provider calls regarding claims, eligibility, authorizations credentialing and try to resolve them in a timely and professional manner. I help implement proper coding and billing guidelines for the eye medical plans. This is just a few of my daily activities, among other administrative duties.
changes to many kiss up for providers and some members
Claims Analysis Claim Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 19, 2015
I have been here for a number of years no real advancement pick choose for advancement. no real oppurtiunty even though . they say it is/ lots mis communication you think u know your job u really don't/its funny how some depts. get higher raises than other. how the new people come in making two dollars more than the old people. what about the people that's been there 5 years or more.one department can do something and the other cant. that could me that our manager don't fight for us.
Pros
nice hours, luch and break fast here there . most employees are nice.
Cons
to many to list
aweful
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  phoenix, azMay 7, 2015
small company, they don't know what they are doing. It's a zoo, the management is very discrimitive and have no respect for people. They are very disrespectful.
Auditing dept
Claims auditor (Former Employee) –  PHX, AZMarch 18, 2015
came in as a temp with yrs of medical and adjustment experience, management was aware I had no experience with auditing but was willing to train. After 2 months of asking questions about training there was no response just "do the best u can" attitude. 3 month finally got trained (for 4 days) came back NOW knowing the job duties but was let go 2 weeks before Christmas telling the agency me nor the other coworker that was let go asked questions and from the time we walked in the door we were being audited got our work (found out a week before they let us go) this maybe a good company but they need to change management asap...or at least hire a manager that knows how to work an excel spreadsheet
Pros
Spacious cubicles
Cons
management training
Not so good
Assistant Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 25, 2015
Poor management and an awful chance for promotions. People are scared for their jobs here as turnover is high. Not a family first company if you know what I mean???
Lots of work needed
Customer Care Rep (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 18, 2015
I hate to write a bad review but when a company treats you as a number and not a company then it creates a problem. Investing in your company environment, materials, associates are all things that keep a company alive and workers happy. Thats something that is failing in this company.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 14, 2014
Clients would call in asking about their insurance benefits (dental, hearing, and vision) and we would inform them.
Small environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  3030 n central aveSeptember 11, 2014
A typical day at Avesis is answering incoming calls from customers and providers.
I've learned the benefit of dental, vision, and hearing.
I think management can be better.
Most co workers were not a friendly at all.
The hardest part of the job was the lack of training.
Most enjoyable part of the job is being and to give customer service.
Pros
group activities
Cons
not allow to have drinks or at least snacks at the desk
Family Enviroment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 13, 2014
Great people to work with. Managment and other department supervisors and Co-workers are AMAZING!!!
Cons
Hard to get promoted.
adfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfas
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  phoneix azJune 26, 2014
a great place to work unfortunately contract job inbound call center
Pros
new sill set
Cons
contract job