Avesta Communities Employee Reviews

A great company to learn and grow your career with!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 17, 2017
Avesta is an incredible company to work with. I started with Avesta just a few months ago in the Business Training Program without any experience in Real Estate, feeling intimidated but right off the bat, I knew my teammates was able to give me any support I needed. It is a very fast paced environment, but if you're willing to put in the work and learn, you'll find that it's more fun than stressful!

A huge part of being a part of Avesta is simply learning, during work and outside of work, absorbing all of the knowledge from more experienced teammates, as well as knowledge about the real estate field. Avesta has encouraged me to speak up about my ideas, and my experience have taught me that the Support office is open to new ideas and strategies.

The hardest part of the job is the difficult conversations you may have to have with residents, or prospects in any given situation but that is also the most rewarding when you and your team is able to bring a smile to their face.
Pros
Company culture, incentives, career advancment
Great Company with High Morals, Values & Principles
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 17, 2017
The foundation in-which this company is built upon is commendable. Without it and the people, the "daily grind" would be just like any other company..."work".
With this company and the people, the virtues and ideals and processes are nurturing and edifying. If you aren't already a good person...this company will inspire you to be a better one! Who doesn't want to be a better person...family member, parent, friend, worker, community member, representative, valuable asset to the world?!
Great culture and high growth potential!
Associate (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 16, 2017
Avesta is a Real Estate investment and management company that owns/operates properties in both Florida and Texas.

For a management/investment company, Avesta has done a wonderful job of creating a young, vibrant, and innovative culture. Co workers (teammates) are not only welcoming, but they are genuinely good people who will do their best to see to it that you are doing well on a professional and personal level.

Considering that the company is only 6 years old, there are some logistical nuances that can be improved, but corporate (support) seems more than willing to change if something is not working or if there are opportunities to improve efficiency in any facet of the operation.

There is high growth potential in nearly every part of the company which is nice because Avesta tends to promote from within before searching for new candidates.
Pros
Culture, Benefits, Growth Potential
Cons
Pay
Energy and drive that is contagious!
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  South Florida, FLJanuary 16, 2017
I have been with Avesta for 2 years and have been able to grown my career tremendously. It is refreshing to work for a company that appreciates hard work and dedication. Every teammate in the company has an energy and drive that is contagious. You want to continually strive to improve and innovate because everyone around you is doing the same. With Avesta you are not just an employee you are a family member that matters to everyone. When you need help whether be it personal or professional there is always someone willing and able to help you. It is a fast paced and fast growing company that is not only innovative but trend setting as well. In my years of property management I have never enjoyed working for a company as much as I enjoy Avesta.
Pros
Amazing Teammates, Ability to grow, Culture and Values.
You are appreciated for everything you accomplish and enjoyable work environment.
Foreman (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 16, 2017
I have been working for Avesta for over four years and enjoyed it. I have experienced a lot of great changes and been very happy with the great improvements. I have been given the opportunity to improve my technical skills not only working with very talented teammates but also through participation in a lot of training Avesta has offered.
Pros
Happy working, benefits
Great Management and Great Core Values!
District Leasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, Lakeland, St. PetersburgDecember 6, 2016
I can't believe some of these reviews about Avesta not caring about residents. I worked with Avesta from pretty much their start and every decision I made, that was in the best interest of the resident, was approved. It's a family atmosphere not a 'cult' atmosphere!

If you don't like a family feeling at your work place, find somewhere else to work. I currently work in a company that every core value they have is about themselves and not one single one is about the resident.

If you are offered a position with this company, take it! You will love D, C and R, the hierarchy!
Pros
Understanding management, renumeration, recognition by upper mangement, advancement opportunities
Cons
Nope
Great company with an amazing culture!
Associate (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 14, 2016
Fast growing company that is constantly working on improving and providing better service to residents. Aside from the fast paced nature of the company, my favorite part about working here is the daily interactions I have with teammates and residents. It is great to be in an atmosphere of purpose-driven and dedicated individuals who are constantly working together to reach our mission/vision! Avesta not only focuses on developing better leaders and businesspersons but on the personal growth of each teammate.
Find meaning in your career with Avesta
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 2, 2016
As soon as I was introduced to the property management field I knew this is what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. In my first 8 months of leasing, I moved to Jacksonville, FL for a unique position in Avesta's Business Training Program. In this program, I quickly advanced from a Leasing Agent to Assistant Manager, and in addition gained countless valuable tools on finance, business, personal development, marketing, and much more. Aside from the astronomical growth here, the culture at Avesta is something you won't find everywhere. Through a combination of open communication and team building events, your teammates begin to feel like family. And it doesn't matter their position, either. One day the CEO may walk into your community, and you can feel comfortable talking to him the same way you do with everyone. There is also a strong focus on true customer service and resident appreciation that many property management companies lack. Our residents aren't just a rent check- they're a valuable asset to the company and play a major role in our success; and we treat them as such. Each day you go home feeling fulfilled, inspired, and excited to return to work the next day.

I highly recommend Avesta for any morally-driven team players who are passionate about growing personally and professionally. The job is not easy- It requires flexibility, hard work, and true dedication to the Avesta vision. But if you give 110%, you will be greatly rewarded.
Pros
Advancement, Culture, Growth, Teammates, Professional Fulfillment, Plentiful PTO
Cons
Short-staffed communities
Great place to work!
Associate (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 26, 2016
Awesome place to work at, where people actually care about what they do. Great people and a great culture. Always busy and always changing.
Best Company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 22, 2016
If you love to learn Avesta is the right place to be. I've learn so much with this company and continue to learn everyday. Teammates are like family. They are always willing to help you in any way. Avesta is full of people who care about their jobs and want to provide the best customer service.
Fun place to work
Business Training Program (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLAugust 17, 2016
My favorite thing about this company is the people. Almost every person I've worked with was fun and very entertaining. Lots of advancement available.
Pros
Co-workers, Work Life Balance
I can honestly say Avesta is my family!
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLAugust 16, 2016
Love working for Avesta. The culture is great! Every one is genuine and true! If you want a job where you are given an opportunity to learn grow and succeed this is it!
Exciting, Challenging, and Purpose-Driven Atmosphere
PDev Associate (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 15, 2016
I have learned more about myself than I have about Real Estate over the past 5 years, and I believe that speaks directly to the Mission and Culture of our company. I work alongside incredible people who challenge me to do better and care about me as a person. We encourage each other to make mistakes and to live outside of our comfort zone. We drive each other crazy sometimes yet it's for the greater good of our teammates and our residents.
Pros
Awesome Mission and Culture
Cons
Lots of change
Purpose Driven Company with Room for Advancement
Director (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 15, 2016
The best part about working for Avesta is that the people sincerely believe we can change the world together, and they also have the business and service chops to back it up. The culture encourages teammates to be themselves--there's no need for a work persona--and strives to play to teammates strengths, hiring first for WHO, and then for WHAT. The result is a motivating, enjoyable, and successful company that is going to leave the world a better place than we found it, and will become the world's most resident focused company.
Pros
informal environment, modern workspaces with good tech, motivated and friendly teammates
Cons
occasional growing pains
Purpose-driven company committed to excellence
Director (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 15, 2016
Intense, fun, filled with great people. Company is only about 5 years old and has managed to build an impressive name for itself. Change here is constant, but it's because the company is learning, adapting, and where possible, bucking the status quo in its pursuit for excellence. Very purpose-driven people united for a great cause: to improve the way workforce people live in rental apartment homes. Does require that a person adapt with change, but that's one of the necessities of a growing, startup type atmosphere. I'll take that trade off any day.
Pros
Purpose, great people, growth oriented
Cons
Change, lots of youth (pro and con)
Purpose Driven Company
Avesta Associate (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 15, 2016
I can honestly say I truly love coming to work at Avesta, its the perfect fit for me. This has easily been one of the best organizations I have had the opportunity to be a part of. Our company is new and it gives you a ton of opportunity to make a large impact. I would consider my self a motivated intrapreneur who works hard and enjoys having purpose in my work. This just so happens to be the type of people in the company. Innovation is promoted here, everyone works hard and strives for greatness. Again, this company is the right fit for me, its not for everyone.
Pros
Awesome Culture, Amazing People!, Purpose Driven, Growing, Innovative
Cons
Constant Change and Communication
Great Company to work for
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 22, 2016
Avesta Homes is a great company to work for. They have a rich culture and everyone is wiling to help everyone. Great team to be a part of.
Good money
Tax Credit Leasing consultant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 11, 2016
The owners think that the property management business is a college frat. They treat residents horrible and expect u to have the same attitude towards them as well
Pros
Money and work alone
Cons
Health insurance and corporate
Very educational corporate learning experience.
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  JacksonvilleFebruary 5, 2016
Very fast pace. Helped people find happiness in the stressful process of moving. I loved working with people and maintaining high standards of apartment community living. My co-workers were all wonderful people. Hardest part of the job was finding enough time in a day, being one person, to assist all of the people interested in my marketing of each property.
Pros
weekly and monthly meetings.
Cons
shady upper management.
Taught me much.
CRMA, CNA (Current Employee) –  Gorham, MEOctober 17, 2015
This company provided me the incentive to go after my CNA license to add to my other professional license and also helped me fine tune my skills. I am much more assured in my profession now.
Pros
Residents are amazing and a joy to be with
Cons
Some management (not all) people skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avesta Communities. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4