Avesta Homes Employee Reviews in United States

Great Company to work for
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 22, 2016
Avesta Homes is a great company to work for. They have a rich culture and everyone is wiling to help everyone. Great team to be a part of.
Very educational corporate learning experience.
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  JacksonvilleFebruary 5, 2016
Very fast pace. Helped people find happiness in the stressful process of moving. I loved working with people and maintaining high standards of apartment community living. My co-workers were all wonderful people. Hardest part of the job was finding enough time in a day, being one person, to assist all of the people interested in my marketing of each property.
Pros
weekly and monthly meetings.
Cons
shady upper management.
Get Everthing in Writing, Expect lots of Changes, Low Pay
Leasiing Consultant (Former Employee) –  TampaFebruary 1, 2015
Avesta seems to be a good company when you first start, that is if you can accept the job with very low pay and low commissions. This company is all about themselves, they expect you to become "Avesta" and what they call their Values. They are very good about chanting these values everyday, but actually putting what they say into practice doesn't happen. If you decide to join Avesta, be prepared for a lot of broken promises and make sure you get EVERYTHING iin writing. This was the most important lesson I learned at this company. They are a young company and are always changing everything from procedure, to job descriptions and cut in pay. They need to grow into a serious management company and not just a company that "pumps and dumps: its properties and employees for their gain only. Beware and expect a roller coaster ride if you join Avesta.
Pros
the only pro, was that we didn't work weekends.
Cons
low hourly pay, extremely low lease commission, cult like atmosphere
awesome company to work for
Service Foreman (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 4, 2014
busy busy everyday from residents to contractors all day love it
Has great values and cares about their staff.
Multi-Site Property Manager/Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLAugust 28, 2013
I really enjoy working with the teammates and with the residents. They truly make this job enjoyable.
Its a great NEW company with alot to learn
Leasing (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 7, 2013
Avesta is great company... they pay is well but it comes with headaches. your job title changes, demoted, and the managers change all the time. There is no stability. Avesta Fires people with no warning. I had the pleasure of working for this company and enjoyed it till recently. Like I said they are a good company but have a lot of growing to do. They don't value their long term employees either.
Pros
pay is good
Cons
no stability, no job security, constant changes, no structure
Positive goals, good outlook, plenty of work to do.
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Clearwater FLJune 5, 2013
I worked for Avesta for close to a year, just about lived at my properties how much I was at them working. I was on call 24/7 and did the job thoroughly because I admired the people running my department and felt like I could grow with the company. I was taken care of very well financially for my position as a Senior Maintenance Tech and the upper management at Avesta were overall good people that have a positive vision. The properties need a lot of work, so if you're not a self starter this company probably isn't for you. They compensate their employees well and I think it's only going to get better. I think that is good because it's a very strenuous and laboring job. Most the communities Avesta buys are C grade struggling properties that other owners had let fall into oblivion. The Avesta message is to take these properties and restore them back to respectable living quarters. Avesta only wants the best talent because they are growing rapidly and need people that know what they're doing and love to do it. It's a good company and it has some very good rewards. Watching communities shape shift is really spectacular and that's what this company does. They change neighborhoods and they need good people. I'd work for them again.
Pros
gas allowance, lots of pto, paid vacations, health, dental, vision, bonuses
Cons
on call 24/7
Fast growing company with a laid back but competitive atmosphere
Property Administrator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 15, 2013
I personally execute property negotiations, acquisitions, title review, document preparation, closing, property research, and property inventory, maintain relationships with government agencies, file evictions, create and distribute all legal correspondence for 5 major counties.
I have learned much through my experience at this company; I came in with admin experience but had no background in real estate/property management. Most of my responsibilities now I picked up on through on the job training. I personally believe that one of the best ways an employee can learn is being handed a big project and being told to "figure it out". There tends to be more retention as a result!
Management is very laid back and there is really no "micro managing" that occurs - there is a very stringent interview and screening process when bringing in new teammates, and, as a result, management trusts that the employees are capable of handling their tasks and daily responsibilities. However, they are always here to help if you need it.
The hardest part of the job is the long hours that need to be vested into it; our department in particular is somewhat short staffed but the daily responsibilites still need to be done. I tend to find myself on my email at 2 o'clock in the morning on a regular basis!
Ultimately, I love this job and the experience I have gained from it. They have treated me extremely well and I truly believe in this Avestas mission and values.