AvFuel Corporation Employee Review

View all AvFuel Corporation reviews

Stable company/Poorly managed
Technician (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIAugust 19, 2013
I was a technician working on the production side of the company building aircraft re-fuelers. We would take a truck chassis and fit it with a fuel tank (usually a 3000 gallon/5000 gallon), do all the necessary wiring, pipe fitting, fabrication, and adding of components (meters, hose reels, brackets, etc). After the build we would do the pre-flow check to make sure everything was working properly and make sure there were no fuel leaks.

The people I worked directly with were fun, but management was a joke. Constantly poking and prodding at employees asking "why is this taking so long" or "why are you doing it like that" and having pointless meetings about production. They never had a set plan on how to do things and always wanted to change things after they were built. Then they wondered why it took so long. Go figure.

Anyway, there was nothing really hard about the job, just the typical cry babies and people always complaining about something.

Two year performance reviews sucked. If you're going to wait two years to give someone a raise, shouldn't it at least cover inflation?

Other AvFuel Corporation Employee Reviews

Great place ot work
National Sales Assistance (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 6, 2017
Truly enjoyed my time at Avfuel. The work environment is professional and a team effort is encouraged. Professional and friendly place to work. The most enjoyable part of my job was being encouraged to look outside the box.
Great place too far for me to drive
Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIApril 10, 2017
Great place to for a young person just getting out of school to learn a trade in aviation refueling. The are some very experienced people willing to train. There are positions in engine, chassis, fabacting .
Pros
40 hour work week
Cons
No overtime