AVG Technologies Employee Reviews

Creative, driven team dedicated to producing a quality product
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLJanuary 19, 2017
Fast passed, international, tech company. Employees worked at their own pace until the product was perfect. I learned computer programmers, designers and engineers are very creative with their work. These highly introverted individuals were very thankful and appreciative of any help I could offer. Whether it be to provide fresh fruit, coffee or office supplies. I also learned JIRA, Confluence and the multiple software systems used to pay bills. The most difficult part was the time difference with the finance department, located in Prague. The most enjoyable was the people and their true appreciation of my assistance.
UX Designer (Current Employee) –  PrahaDecember 5, 2016
AVG has been a great place to work with great colleagues all around you.

Working on UX design with PMs, Engineers, Visual Designers, User Researchers was fun.
great co workers & place to work
Support Opperator (Former Employee) –  Newton, NCJuly 27, 2016
AVG was a great place to work, great co workers, but no benefits for me. Great atmosphere & fun place, could have fun while working. The only thing that made me leave was not having benefits during pregnancy.
Avg
Product Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLMay 30, 2016
Great people to work with. First experience in the Enterprise world and love it.

We have great benefits and time off. The team is very open and helpful. Great team building exercises and the ability to help people all around the world.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Communication could be better.
Decent pay with incredible benefits and perks
Tier 2 Technician (Former Employee) –  Newton, NCJune 3, 2015
Decent pay, with incredible benefits (especially health insurance), and awesome perks (free coffee/water/sodas, food catering last week every month, paid outings, such as sport games, beach trips, etc.)
Pros
Best benefits and perks I've ever had
Cons
Not much room for advancement, and tech department outsourced to 3rd party computer
Meh
Tier 2 Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Newton, NCJanuary 27, 2015
Company not bad to work for but inter department communications is horrible making it hard for anything to get done.
Pros
great healthcare great vacation and sick time benefits.
Cons
horrible communications between departments making work near impossible.
A great place to work if you like great benefits. I am told sales persons can make good money but as a tech it is low.
Tier 2 Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Newton, NCDecember 8, 2014
Spend most of the day supporting customers via phone, chat or remotely. I really learned a great deal about other people and a lot about the world of threats in any form. Management has changed since they let us all go so I can't say much there. I loved most of my co-workers and it was like my family there. The hardest part is dealing with real nasty people sometimes. The best part is the cool team building exercises. I really hate we were let go as I could stay there forever.
Pros
Benefits and work hours
Cons
Pay
Awesome Team
Channel Account Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 23, 2014
Great place to work!
I learned how to work in a smaller organization.
Excellent management and senior officers.
Very cohesive environment.
Best job around the surrounding area
Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Newton, NCMarch 25, 2014
AVG offers very good compensation and health benefits, depending on which department and time zone the job allows you to balance work and home life, no weekends or late nights. You must adapt well with constant change.
It's alright
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Newton, NCOctober 18, 2013
There's good and bad to any employer. If you can handle the micromanagement and staring at a computer for hours on end, this might be the right place.
Pros
Benefits packages, work schedule (Monday through Friday)
Cons
Micromanagement, no commission potential