AVI-SPL

AVI-SPL Employer Reviews

Steady Work great hours
OnSite Audio Visual Technician (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 21, 2014
What I love most about AVIS-SPL is the steady work and fantastic hours.
Service Support Engineer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 22, 2014
Pros: training
Cons: no raise for 3 years
Great company
Great people to work for
Training provided has been great
great atmosphere not very friendly or secure
Financial Coordinator (Former Employee), TampaApril 14, 2014
Pros: cake monday, donuts everyother week
Cons: healthcare
work to meet the dead line
submit excel spreadsheet for hotel Revenue
occasionally talk to customer about past due account
always new project to approve making sure they have all the requirements for approval.
A great place to work.
Production Assistant (Current Employee), Midland, MIMarch 19, 2014
Pros: great people, talent, good content, fun
The people are really friendly, and care about what you're going through. It's not just work, it's a family. There are times where you may slip and go unnoticed with your work or exactly what you do. But credit 9/10 is always given where it's due.
AVI-SPL Great Company - lots of perks..
Account Receivables (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 17, 2014
Pros: free lunch, going to conventions, seminars. meetings etc..
Cons: yes we are entitled to short morning and afternoons breaks.. good thing..
Work day - well balanced day. some days busy, but mosly under control.work independently.
Learned - I have learned so much about the Top AV companies out there for example naming just a few: Polycom, Panasonic, Sharp, Mitsubishi,Sony, and so much more..
Management - Work direct with VP and Director of the Company. Had great - rapor. and still do..
Co-Workers – more... - Have great co-workers Skills - get along well with all.
Hardest part of my job - was having the transition to NY Location.
Enjoyable part of my Job - was that I was able to work independently, and was fully responsible for my overall task with no issues.. Just missed and love what I did at AVI-SPL.. – less
Exciting Industry
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Vandalia, OHFebruary 24, 2014
Being in the AV industry is an exciting experience. This industry is forever evolving and I am honored to contribute to this field and to watch its progress throughout the years. This opportunity is invaluable and I will treasure the industry and the skills I have developed always.
Innovative and Always Changing Technologies
Director, Global Conference Production & Helpdesk (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: exposure to new audio / video components
Cons: limited staffing
Each day at AVI-SPL consisted of the following: updates on videoconference cases and tickets, as well as new client projects.

These projects required a cross functional engagement across multiple teams and often channel partners to ensure successful completion.

Although the clients' requests and demands were varied, we were able to support their needs – more... via new processes (automated and manual). – less
It was good working with team
Software Developer (Former Employee), TampaJanuary 27, 2014
Project started from scratch , deadlines were critical as it was less duration project.
Bootstrap , GIT
family
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Lanham, MDJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: pizza parties
Cons: doing deliveries, sometimes dont have time to stop for lunch
good group of employees to work with, and i learn something new everyday. thats the exciting part.
we all work and help as one and have each others back.
It was my home away from home
Sales order fulfillment (Former Employee), tampa, FLJanuary 14, 2014
It was a family oriented atmosphere, very busy always something to do, co-workers became family
Helped establish new Medical Video Integration Solutions Division
Regional Account Manager-Western United States (Current Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 10, 2013
Sales and business development of new healthcare video integration customers in hospital operating rooms, administration, ICU, and Emergency Department Managers, CIO.
Senior Accounts Payable Analyst (Current Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 24, 2013
• Efficiently handle inquiries on all past due balances and vendor credits, as well as inquiry on double shipment of products & shipment of replacement products
• Provide assistance and support in preparation and updates of all financial reports for yearly audit
• Review, analyze and update all reporting changes to GAAP
• Extensively manage quarterly – more... budget for the entire AP department
• Collaborate with all accounting departments for quarter and year-end reporting and with the returns department for finalizing credits on vendor returns
• Effectively negotiate early payment discounts and rebates with all vendors – less
TOTALLY SUCKS!
Production Technician (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 20, 2013
Pros: no benefit
Cons: bully's
They let me go because they don't want to pay my healthcare benefits. Don't work for this company !!!! I hope they fail.

I tried to be my best.

The company is not diverse and the management doesn't police harassment in the atmosphere. They can eat my hole.
Large AV company
System Administrator / Technical Support (Current Employee), Richmond, VASeptember 11, 2013
Enjoy working with AVISPL. The teams are very professional.
A place to work
Undisclosed (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 28, 2013
Pros: paycheck
Cons: feels like a factory.
Working for AVI-SPL is just work. It's not enjoyable or fulfilling, but it is a paycheck. If a person has multiple job offers and AVI-SPL is one of them, take some time a weight the offers seriously.
Great offerings, TERRIBLE execution and employee support
Account Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GeorgiaMay 7, 2013
Pros: very cutting edge on innovation and service offerings
Cons: engineering quality and speed/reliability, management at all levels, no longevity at any level.
I worked for this company for 5 years. I transitioned from Education sales into the main arm of the company after 3 years with a "Promotion" based on my performance and product knowledge.
It was the worst mistake of my career. I made the transition shortly after the company was bought by a Technology investment firm - Silverlake - and things went downhill – more... almost immediately. The company was bought officially in April and I changed divisions in September of that year and in January of the next the Quota and Commission system changed so drastically it was like getting a 15% cut in pay, after already taking a significant cut in guaranteed pay from the Ed. position. And there was zero input allowed from sales staff. You signed a document agreeing to the new terms or you chose to leave.

Engineers had no incentive to maintain profit margins, stay on track with labor hour usage or stay within customers' budgetary limitations. Since commission pay was based on job profitability you got hammered if Engineering or Project Management burned through labor hours - which happened almost every project.

When I first went to work for this company I didn't know such a quality employer remained in the private sector. less than 3 years later I hated going to work (after the buy-out).

Engineering and General management in my region was terrible. If your market is sensitive to competitive price, you will NOT win business working for AVI-SPL.
P&L Costs are reflective of being several times the size of the next largest AV integrator.

There is a running joke in the company about how easy it is to become a VP of something. In a company with only 1400 employees (give or take a few) there are over 200 "VP" or Director and above level personnel. – less
Consider working for them very Cautiously!!!
Sales (Former Employee), U.S.April 3, 2013
Pros: experienced av company
Cons: constatnly laying off & firing, they change rules on commissions you earn
They treat employees in a very negative way... Most of their VP's who helped found and grow the company have left the company because they are going through so many changes with the equity investor (bean coutners) at the helm. I witnessed several extremely talented employees get axed within their first year with no documentation or employee reviews – more... because of bean counting and profit shifting. They fire employees then do not pay them commissions they have earned from sales. They have no regard for most of their employees. – less
Very relaxed enviorment
Warehouse Coordinator/Analyst (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 19, 2013
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: benefits and compensation
My task everyday is shipping customer orders, receiving inbound shipments, ship out transfers to other AVI locations, and deliver inner office mail. Management has been great with me, and to this day it has been a pleasure to work with all my co-workers.
Fun, Fast Paced, Creative Troubleshooting
A/V Install Technician (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 26, 2013
Pros: creative problem solving
Cons: occasional unclear client expectations
AVI-SPL requires a person to be flexible, to work efficiently and accurately and to work as a team player.
handle of a 600K property and staff
Director of Audio/Visual (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARDecember 19, 2012
Pros: great company to work for
Cons: poor managment comunication
great company to work for but managment need to pay close attention when there is an issue and needs to be discuss before taking action

About AVI-SPL

AVI-SPL wants to win the eyes and ears of its clients. The company designs and installs videoconferencing systems and integrated – Read more