AVI Foodsystems, Inc

AVI Foodsystems, Inc Employee Reviews

Nice place work
Vending Router Operator (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJuly 22, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no breaks, no healthcare
Great people to work with on a daily basis and for. Hardest part of job was transporting / lifting supplies/food. Most enjoyable part of the job was talking with the customers
AVI was a very difficult company to work for.
Customer Service Attendant Supervisor (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJune 28, 2015
Pros: The freedom of moving from one place to another.
Cons: Management.
Tense and under constant scrutiny.
Management at AVI was very difficult to talk to, you could not get an honest straight answer from any manager.
You felt as though you were constantly being watched like a criminal.
managing people to service vending accounts
branch mgr (Former Employee), mentor branch in mentor ohJune 27, 2015
Pros: taking customers out for the day golf and then dinner
Cons: loseing a account trying to find good help
on the way to office stop and have coffee with contact of company we services. call in to see if any problem in needed to take care of wright a way. go in to office make some calls .do paper work . all people are not the same. how to handle problem with employees and customers . had good working co-workers. terminate employee. lose a account entertaining customers .
Poor Managment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJune 18, 2015
Pros: free Food get five dollars to spend each day in the warehouse
Cons: Pay, No overtime, Poor managment, no 40hrs etc
Poor Management say there gonna do something and never was the case never happened. You couldn't just do your job you had to do everyone else's and not get overtime or paid for doing someone else job. Basically can do what you want and never get hired for it. When I was working for AVI I've had two guys no show no call and nothing ever happened to them no talk or warning. Also had a guy just walk out the building and still came in the next day working and all the bosses came in and never said a word to him. Also I was full time and I didn't get my 40 hours if you work in the warehouse the only time you'll get 40 hours is if you work as a truck driver.
Fast paced and hands on work place
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJune 13, 2015
Overall I enjoyed working at Wayne State University with AVI. It was a all you care to eat cafeteria. The job was very hands on and the staff and customers were great. It was a food service job and I had the oppurtunity to interact with customers while preparing their food. Just a wonderful environment to work in.
The people are all so nice and helpful.
Food Server/Cashier (Former Employee), Greer, SCJune 6, 2015
Pros: We always got to eat for free.....
Cons: We were always short handed on people
See what need to be prep or cook such as saugage, bacon, biscuits, salads and hot meals. I learned about the food business. Management was a little relax on things, which sometimes was not a good thing. The people this was so helping and friendly knowing I had no experience they helped. Washing the dishes was the hardest, huge pots and pans. I like working nights
Interactive and fun working environment
Cashier (Current Employee), Hiram, OHJune 2, 2015
A typical day at AVI Food Systems at Hiram College includes: interacting with faculty/staff, students, chefs, and manager that all work for the college. Depending on your location (e.g. the bistro, the dining hall, or catering), the pace of the job can range from fast to slow.
Custodian at Avi Foodsystrems
Headquarter Service Center Custodian (Current Employee), Warren, OHMay 26, 2015
Just want to leave because of no opportunity to move up. Plus, my job is getting replaced with part timers. My day is very busy and stressfull. Management is not very good. My coworkers were great. Management is the problem because they do not listen to you and they what they want to do. Even know it's not right.
Nothing to say
Route Driver / Vending attendant (Former Employee), Madison Heights, MIMay 23, 2015
Pros: prefer not to answer
Cons: prefer not to answer
Very difficult and unappreciated, filling vending machines, unloading your truck in all weather conditions. Vehicles not maintained properly
Excellent benefits and pay
On-Call Food Service Worker and Grill Attendant (Former Employee), Warren, OHMay 14, 2015
Pros: Excellent pay and benefits once a person is permanent
Cons: Contractual difficulties
Lots of hours, pay and benefits. Many diversified opportunities for acquiring new job skills. Fast paced. Good experience. Would recommend it for a job to support your family on.
Decentralized
Food Service Director (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 4, 2015
The decentralized nature of the organization led to many different styles of management, causing confusion and inhibited growth of employees.
The people there made the job fun most of the time.
Route Driver (Former Employee), Fairfield, ALApril 21, 2015
Pros: Getting to know alot of different people and making new friends.
Cons: Supervisor could had been a better leader.
Got to work at 4:45 am every morning, make sure the truck is ready to get started running the route, talk to the people that worked in the part of the plant that I am in at that time, load the machines up get the money out read the meters lock up and head to the next stop. I learned that snack machines are a hand full to take care of and how to load them repair them. Well he could have been more hands on and not putting his work off on other people but he was ok I guess. I had some co-workers that we're good people but then you had some that had there on thing going on. The hardest part was when they had shut-down, taking 40 cases of soda two the second floor then having to load, read meters, get money that was the hardest part to me. Parts of the day when you have helped some one out that didn't have anything to eat and I was able to help them out with something to eat or drink. and the next time I see those people they tell me how much I had help them.
This is a fun place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Warren, OHApril 18, 2015
Its an easy going pace of a job. Sometimes it gets a little hectic but it makes the day go by faster. Not a single complaint about this job except the money just isn't that great.
absolutely horrible company to work for
sous chef (Former Employee), Gates Mills, OHApril 4, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: management
i worked for this company as a sous chef and they dont care about you in any way! all they care about is making themselves look good through your efforts. they expect you to be available 24/7 and do whatever they want! the management is incompetent at best and the less work and the less you know the higher up you are. you will be forced to work overtime and and hours and events that you were told in the beginning werent required. be very very weary if you decide to apply here.
Enjoyed working with the people there, management sucks.
Line worker (Former Employee), WarrenMarch 25, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: short breacks
I did like working with some people there others didn't care for, sucks working every Sunday and gets worst went is short of staff. Management don't do enough to take care the problem and they do favoritism to some people. I have to said can't stand working long hours you never now went you getting off, but for sure they let you now what time you will start you shift. The pay is not great it all.
A comfortable place to work.
Cook (Current Employee), MIMarch 21, 2015
Pros: mon-fri, good co-workers
Cons: poor money
AVI is a great place to work as a Mon-Fri gig. Almost all staff I've ever met working here is friendly. Only drawback is poor raises.
AVI Foodsystems is not a good company to work for.
Grill Cook/Prep Cook (Current Employee), Township of Cranberry, PAMarch 20, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: only part time, no benefits, salary increases once a year
AVI Foodsystems, Inc. has a major communication problem in the management capacity. They do not give advancements fairly, but to the employees they like more on a personal level. Also, there is a set of rules stated in our employee handbook...these are only enforced to certain employees, where others get away with breaking said rules. Also, there is no accountability as far as food safety. Certain employees eat while doing their prep work, with their gloves on, answer their cell phones while preparing food, and certain employees have no food safety training whatsoever. The hardest part of my job is never getting recognition for a job well done. I only receive praise from the hundreds of customers I feed every morning. The most enjoyable part of my job is the satisfaction each customer expresses.
Laid back but fast pace environment
Union Worker (Current Employee), California, PAMarch 19, 2015
A typical day for me, not having a bid job, varies depending on my shift. I have been Pasta Prep, Pasta Cook, Pizza Cook, Cashier, and also have worked Catering. In the way of Pasta Prep, I would prepare pasta, sauces, meats, and vegetables for the week. Pasta Cook, I will come in, find out if I need to prepare anything for my shift and do so and then serve students made-to-order pasta. Pizza Cook, I will make shells before the meal time inorder to keep up with the demand. (Cashier and catering are self explanatory). I learned that I had to ask a lot of questions on how to work equipment and how to make certain foods, and in turn, learned that my co-workers are very accepting of me and are willing to help a new union member.
Fair
Sous Chef (Former Employee), BMW Greer scMarch 18, 2015
AVI was a great corporation. The particular branch that I worked for was not the best. As sous I would usually work from 4 PM until 4 Am. Most weeks I'd work 6 days a week. They did teach me, through unfortunate means, how to come up with meals on the fly. I also got a lot of experience managing. I was in charge of market 5, East end kitchen, market c, Catering, and my main kitchen at Hall 50.The hardest part of the job was dealing with several employees that the company would not dismiss, even after several write-ups. This put an extra load on the few loyal employees and myself on a daily bases. The most enjoyable part of my job was at the end of the night knowing we found a way to get it done and still please the guess.
Hard Work
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Pittsburgh PAMarch 17, 2015
I have found that hard work is rewarded through promotions. My day usually consists of meetings, managment, and customer relations.
Headquarters