AVI Foodsystems, Inc

AVI Foodsystems, Inc Employer Reviews

I enjoyed the workers at the factory that I was vending for.
C.S.A. (Former Employee), Mentor, OHNovember 3, 2014
I did not have any issues with the costumers but I did have issues with the company itself.
Fun Place to Work
Manager (Current Employee), IndianaNovember 2, 2014
Pros: great team members
Cons: the pay is rather low for management positions
AVI foodsystems is a very friendly and family oriented place to work, they care about what you have to offer not only to your account but to the company itself.
Great job for someone who likes working alone.
Route Truck Driver (Former Employee), Dunbar, WVOctober 25, 2014
Pros: family owned, evenings and weekends off, weekly pay.
Cons: accessibilty of businesses.
While working on a vend route, I worked alone attending to accounts such as higher learning institutions, high volume businesses, and plant type jobs as well. The benefits and care from this family owned business gave a great feel of being needed. Great things about this work was being home late afternoon each day and usually every weekend. The only – more... thing about working some routes were availability of parking in a city location. Yet, you would acclimate timing to ensure a remedy of these situations. It was no problem to meet up with or have a coworker to show up and help each other on their routes. Enjoying being out among different workforces and cultures helps understanding of everyday life. – less
Enjoyed meeting people
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Wabash, INOctober 23, 2014
M-W-F checked in food orders, Mon thru Sat filled vending machines with product. Made change for employees, handled any problems such as loss of money in a machine or product not dispensing. Placed orders for merchandise. Friendly and helpful co-workers.
Getting everything done, Interaction with people.
They have a lot of issues
Manager (Current Employee), Grove City Medical Center Grove City, PaOctober 22, 2014
Pros: non really
Cons: the dm in healthcare cleveland area
I would not work for this company again. The Healthcare side is so out of place. They ask you to do a test Kitchen and offer no $$ for your time. That is against the law. They have had 4 managers in less than a year at one site. They do not listen to the good employees they take it from the trouble makers. The ones who they know cause the mess and be – more... leave them over a manager. They can not keep staff good workers leave because people bully them and nobody does a thing about it.The DM comes in once a month for a couple hours and does not address issues. They just go on there marry way to another account. The DM does not show up to big events at the facility. They are to busy with other things. This is poor management you think trying to be a dictator is good management this is not 1950's If you do take a job with them keep your eyes open on job boards and websites, because they will still keep your job open after they hire you. You ask them why. It was a mistake and take it down for a day and the next week it is back up??? They do not explain anything if there is an issue to your face. They chicken out and use other people to tell you. They talk to other employees about other employees jobs and privet issues, The DM is not to be trusted in any form. The job opening for some positions have been open for over a year. They use people for there needs and do not care about that persons life. They try to get you to stay until they can replace you even though they wanted rid of you so bad. They ask you to do things out side of your training and then yell and scream at you if you do it wrong. Then they use a person who worked for the company 6 years drove all over the USA to open accounts and send him to a small little hick town to run a less than a million dollar a year account. Then when they ship him off to run an account they just got and laid him off because they did not really have it to begin with. This is the kind of management you deal with daily with this company. If I was the hospital I would also look at why so many employees leave and maybe put it up for bid because there are better companies that do the same support they do and probably save you more money. I just do not want to see people waist the talent they have and skills to work for a company and possibly this DM. – less
awesome place
Caterer Helper, Food Preparation Workers (Former Employee), Warren, OHOctober 21, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Cons: wasnt enough time in a day
Would recommend this place over and over again its really a fun place to work hands down
I am looking for more of a challenge.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHOctober 16, 2014
I am the cashier at AVI Foodsystems. I love the job and its relaxed atmosphere. I love my co-workers, they are really nice people. I am seeking other employment simply because I want to expand. I am looking for more of a challenge.Though I love my job the food business is not where I am looking to take on my professional career.
Nice place to work
Cook/Prep (Former Employee), Canton, OHOctober 15, 2014
Pros: one free meal a day
Cons: short breaks, low salaries for the work
I enjoyed my job very much especially the people I worked with. Tried to go back light duty after recovering from my stroke but found out it wasn't possible, they said nothing was available for my limitations.
Family oriented workplace
Marketing and Wellness Coordinator (Current Employee), Marysville, OHOctober 12, 2014
AVI Foodsystems is a good place to work and has many opportunities for growth.
Busy days.
Dish Washer/ Janitorial (Former Employee), Alfred, NYSeptember 24, 2014
Typical day at work: Show up at 2pm for the start of my shift. Then I would gather all garbage then take it down to the dumpster and dispose of it. Then I would take cardboard out to our recycling bin. After doing those I would then go downstairs to sweep and mop the hallway, prep room, men and women's locker rooms and bakery storage ( Only done on – more... Mon. Wed. and Fri.). Then on Tues. and Thurs. I would stay upstairs and wipe down and clean the hoods and vents and Ansul systems above the mongolian grill and the stoves. After doing this i would check with my supervisors to see if they had anything else that they needed me to do for them before dinner service had started. If they had nothing else I would go into the back of the dish room and help out anyone who is back there by either cleaning off the convayer belt and disposing of all the garbage that were on plates and stacking the plates into stacks. Other times I would send whatever dishes that were in the dish room and dirty through the dish machine. At the end of the night (8:30pm) we would send through all the dishes that were being used in the kitchen and clean up our area. My part of this clean up was to make sure all dishes were cleaned, spray done the convayer belt make sure all food and grime was cleaned off and the belt looking shiny and breaking down the dish machine.

Management: The management team here is amazing to say the least. They are always willing to help you out in any way they can. They would never turn someone away who needed their help. They make the work place fun and exciting but at the same time strict and stern.

Co-Workers: The co-workers here are a nice bunch of people but just like any other place you have those who dont want to do their share of the work and complain about every little thing that they have to do but then you have those days to where everyone can all work together in harmony and everyone gets along and gets all their work done fast and satisfactory. – less
busy, fast-paced work environment
Resolved associate (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYSeptember 22, 2014
AVI was very flexible with scheduling, and taught the proper skills to work within a busy workplace.
ridiculous place to work
food service aide (Current Employee), grove city, paSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: insurance
Cons: have to pay for lunch even though the handbook states we dont
This place is a joke. If you want lied to, talked about by the manager to other employees, humiliated, and expected to work 2 positions at one time then this is where you belong. If not run fast and far. Even upper management plays the favorite game.
Productive and fastpaced position
Server/Cashier (Former Employee), Detroit, MISeptember 17, 2014
I really enjoyed this job. I had the opportunity to serve many guest and run a food service cart.
Very nice company to work for
General Manager (Current Employee), North Canton, OHAugust 27, 2014
Management treats employees really well and family/work balance is great
A good company overall.
General Manager (Former Employee), Warsaw,IndianaAugust 16, 2014
Pros: hours, family atmosphere, benefits
Cons: no point of sale system
I would spend 80% of my time in office working on paperwork and menu planning.

I learned how to reconcile accounts without the technology of today.

Liked my coworkers. Easy to work with people who appreciate the job you do.

Hardest part of the job was balancing paperwork with customer interaction. The company is a little behind in the technology – more... driven business. – less
One of my Favorite jobs
Bistro Team Member (Former Employee), Mayfield, OHAugust 15, 2014
I loved the creative freedom I had while working there I loved working in the cafe
Its fun.
Server/Cashier (Current Employee), Springfield, OHAugust 11, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: hours
I like working there I just don't make enough money to support my family.
Work Out
Cafeteria Worker (Former Employee), Mansfield, OHAugust 10, 2014
Pros: free food occasionally when we had time to eat it
Cons: no regular breaks, no benefits
I actually enjoyed my job with this company, however, I rarely got a break (even to use the restroom). My co-workers were nice. The manager I had at first was not fair about certain things, but after he was terminated and replaced we ended up with a very friendly boss. I prepared food for workers of factories. I filled in while managers were on vacation, – more... however, I was paid a low wage to be fulfilling mngt. duties. – less
great place to work if you like being on your own
Vending Attendant (Former Employee), Findlay, OHJuly 28, 2014
A day at AVI consist of working on your own. Giving outstanding customer service. Must be able to work with out supervision watching over you at every moment. Management give you the freedom to work on your own, but will be able to get ahold of at anytime if need them. Hard physical work with lots of standing, lifting, and walking.
Good first job
Vending Attendant (Former Employee), Flint MIJuly 17, 2014
This Ian a very god part time job for someone that is just starting out.

1 2 3 4 5

About AVI Foodsystems, Inc

Founded in 1960, AVI Foodsystems has evolved into one of the most respected and trusted food service companies in the nation. – Read more

AVI Foodsystems, Inc Photos