AVI Foodsystems, Inc

AVI Foodsystems, Inc Employee Reviews

fun
General Laborer (Former Employee), Dunkirk, NYAugust 20, 2015
I got to meet a lot of new people and learn new stuff to do with machine and how to fill paper work out to order what I need to fill the machines
about avi
Vending Attendant (Current Employee), Jamestown, NYAugust 17, 2015
typical work day starts at 7 am and ends at 1 pm. I have learned its not an easy job and very demanding. I work alone and that is the best part of the job. the hardest part of the job is keeping up with product supply as it sells very fast.
Very horrible place to work
Vending Attendant (Former Employee), Gahanna, OHAugust 15, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Everything
Did not enjoy it. AVI isn't horrible, it was the place they were contracted to, The Gap Warehouse. I did not feel safe, my car was keyed and was threatened all the time.
its a job
Route Supervisor (Current Employee), Bellaire, OhioAugust 15, 2015
I am happy working for AVI. There are good things and bad things just like every other job out there, but overall they pay the bills so I am happy. We are a very close group at branch level, but hq seems do be a bit unraveled I guess you can say. Doesn't seem like a lot of people at that level are happy and are leaving the company which worries branch level people. I have been with the company a while now and would do it all over again. There are several different jobs and they are mostly physical so if you aren't in shape you may want to look elsewhere. I enjoy working with people and I get to see people from coal mines, office jobs, hospitals, prisons and many more and it is interesting to hear their views on their current job. I feel that AVI is much easier to work for than many, many other companies.
Just don't.
Vending Assistant (Former Employee), Wellsville, NYAugust 13, 2015
Pros: $5 in vending products
Cons: Everything else.
Basically you work your tail off all week for them to use you to their advantage. Once a year you get about a .35 cent raise and if they screw up your order it's no big deal but if you make a mistake or forget something small they make you feel horrible about it.
Do you want to feel like you're in charge?
Customer Service Vending Attendant (Former Employee), Greensburg, IndianaAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Consumption up to five dollars, able to conversate with people while also working on your own.
Cons: Only part-time and not much room for advancement.
Most things as a vending attendant you do on your own, like fill the vending machines. This way, you are not pressured and it makes it more simple to get the job done in the specific time required. This is something I really liked about this position. There are not complaints, as long as you get everything done that is suppose to be done. You are basically in charge of the vending at that certain location. It is a great job if you're looking for a part-time position on the side of another part-time or full-time position. The supervisors are very nice as well!
Not enough help and lots of work
custodian (Former Employee), Warren, OHAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Meeting alot of nice people
Cons: Too much work, not enough time to finish properly
When I first started we had a manager and 5 custodial workers. I loved my job and all the people who work there. Everyday we pull trash, wipe off desks, and vaccum our areas. Each day we did a theme for that day. On Mon, vacuumed corners and edges. Tues, cleaned all chair legs and vaccumed all chairs. Wed, cleaned all baseboards. Thurs, cleaned all glass. Fri, a manager left their office open, we had to do all the themes along with pullig trash, wiping desks, and vacuuming. Once a month we cleaned lights and vents.

My 2 co-workers were great. if one of us were behind we pitched in and help until the work was done.

The hardest part of job was I had 8 hrs to clean 11 rooms and vacuum the upstairs hallways. When they added on the cleaning the company cars and cleaning Inspiring Minds every other Fri, it was too much.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know everyone that worked there. While pulling the trash you got to know the office workers and you felt like part of a big family.

For 2 yrs we asked for help. Management promised they were looking. It was just to much. I was there for 9 yrs and was respectful. When I turned in my 2 wk notice I told the director, it seemed as they didn't care about us, because they never got us help.

What I hated about my job was cleaning copy machines with a tooth brush!
very detailed and structured environment with little room for self expression
District Manager (Former Employee), Warren, OHJuly 30, 2015
Pros: good local team members
Cons: very red tape and forty approals before a project can get underway
a very detailed company with a mountain of paperwork and report responsibilty. not much focus on team member care or concerns, very botom line oriented.
Best job I've ever had
Café Employee (Former Employee), Mayfield Heights, OHJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Great hours, decent uniforms, amazing manager and co-workers
My co-workers were great minus a few. The hours could not have been more perfect, it was basically a 9-5 job. Our customers, who were mostly nurses and doctors, were friendly and always understanding. My manager was amazing, she was the best!
Nice place work
Vending Router Operator (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJuly 22, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no breaks, no healthcare
Great people to work with on a daily basis and for. Hardest part of job was transporting / lifting supplies/food. Most enjoyable part of the job was talking with the customers
AVI was a very difficult company to work for.
Customer Service Attendant Supervisor (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJune 28, 2015
Pros: The freedom of moving from one place to another.
Cons: Management.
Tense and under constant scrutiny.
Management at AVI was very difficult to talk to, you could not get an honest straight answer from any manager.
You felt as though you were constantly being watched like a criminal.
managing people to service vending accounts
branch mgr (Former Employee), mentor branch in mentor ohJune 27, 2015
Pros: taking customers out for the day golf and then dinner
Cons: loseing a account trying to find good help
on the way to office stop and have coffee with contact of company we services. call in to see if any problem in needed to take care of wright a way. go in to office make some calls .do paper work . all people are not the same. how to handle problem with employees and customers . had good working co-workers. terminate employee. lose a account entertaining customers .
Poor Managment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJune 18, 2015
Pros: free Food get five dollars to spend each day in the warehouse
Cons: Pay, No overtime, Poor managment, no 40hrs etc
Poor Management say there gonna do something and never was the case never happened. You couldn't just do your job you had to do everyone else's and not get overtime or paid for doing someone else job. Basically can do what you want and never get hired for it. When I was working for AVI I've had two guys no show no call and nothing ever happened to them no talk or warning. Also had a guy just walk out the building and still came in the next day working and all the bosses came in and never said a word to him. Also I was full time and I didn't get my 40 hours if you work in the warehouse the only time you'll get 40 hours is if you work as a truck driver.
Fast paced and hands on work place
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJune 13, 2015
Overall I enjoyed working at Wayne State University with AVI. It was a all you care to eat cafeteria. The job was very hands on and the staff and customers were great. It was a food service job and I had the oppurtunity to interact with customers while preparing their food. Just a wonderful environment to work in.
The people are all so nice and helpful.
Food Server/Cashier (Former Employee), Greer, SCJune 6, 2015
Pros: We always got to eat for free.....
Cons: We were always short handed on people
See what need to be prep or cook such as saugage, bacon, biscuits, salads and hot meals. I learned about the food business. Management was a little relax on things, which sometimes was not a good thing. The people this was so helping and friendly knowing I had no experience they helped. Washing the dishes was the hardest, huge pots and pans. I like working nights
Interactive and fun working environment
Cashier (Current Employee), Hiram, OHJune 2, 2015
A typical day at AVI Food Systems at Hiram College includes: interacting with faculty/staff, students, chefs, and manager that all work for the college. Depending on your location (e.g. the bistro, the dining hall, or catering), the pace of the job can range from fast to slow.
Custodian at Avi Foodsystrems
Headquarter Service Center Custodian (Current Employee), Warren, OHMay 26, 2015
Just want to leave because of no opportunity to move up. Plus, my job is getting replaced with part timers. My day is very busy and stressfull. Management is not very good. My coworkers were great. Management is the problem because they do not listen to you and they what they want to do. Even know it's not right.
Nothing to say
Route Driver / Vending attendant (Former Employee), Madison Heights, MIMay 23, 2015
Pros: prefer not to answer
Cons: prefer not to answer
Very difficult and unappreciated, filling vending machines, unloading your truck in all weather conditions. Vehicles not maintained properly
Excellent benefits and pay
On-Call Food Service Worker and Grill Attendant (Former Employee), Warren, OHMay 14, 2015
Pros: Excellent pay and benefits once a person is permanent
Cons: Contractual difficulties
Lots of hours, pay and benefits. Many diversified opportunities for acquiring new job skills. Fast paced. Good experience. Would recommend it for a job to support your family on.
Decentralized
Food Service Director (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 4, 2015
The decentralized nature of the organization led to many different styles of management, causing confusion and inhibited growth of employees.
Headquarters