AVI Foodsystems, Inc Employee Reviews in United States

Great and friend work environment
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Sylvania, OHApril 4, 2016
Working at AVI is great. Everyone on the staff is friendly and the workplace is loose and happy. The management is awesome and the work is not overly difficult, but will keep you on your toes.The only problem is that there aren't any health benefits if you are a dishwasher. But, other than that, AVI is a fantastic place to work and I would recommend working for them.
Pros
Free lunches and decent pay
Cons
No other benefits, such as healthcare
Fun work place
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Warren, OHFebruary 16, 2016
This is a company that is based off of vending and dining services for factories and etc. They try to keep it family orientated however the pay is great to get started but only getting an 18 cent raise every year really does not help. Other than that it is a great place and I would send anyone looking for a job there to get back on your feet.
Not ideal, but could be good depending on which account you're at
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 21, 2016
Lots of paperwork and administration. Most directives from above come with an understanding of 'we need this yesterday'. But if you need something from them, who knows when it will happen. Never a single anniversary congratulation or acknowledgment over many years. Condescending and patronizing bosses (mostly, though there were occasionally some positive ones). Very little, if any appreciation for working hard for them. They typically trip over 10 good things to find 1 bad. Very little support and/or encouragement. No performance management system whatsoever. Outdated methodologies of administration. Compensation is on the lower end of the spectrum. Benefits leave much to be desired, as they are a self-insured family-owned company. Hundreds of uncompensated personal vehicle uses for company functions.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
everything listed above
General manager
GM Manager (Former Employee) –  IndyJuly 30, 2016
It is part of the unwritten job description that you work short staffed, but still must get all the outdated technology paperwork turned in. DM says they are there for you, that is not the case, they are there when you don't have your paperwork done. Nevermind you go in at 5a, fix trays of bacon, sausage, gravy, biscuits, muffins, cut fresh fruit, yogurt bar, coffee, somedays French Toast and now we do pancakes each day for a factory of over 500 people. You make lunch from scratch, make soup from scratch, oh yea, and you only have one other person, because they have not hired more help for you. You leave at 5p, feet hurt like heck, the paper work is ridiculous, but you always smile for the customer. And you turn around and do again the next day and at some point you realize this is the norm! Verbally abusive DM, no support, not for me Corporate micromanages you to death. If they could all just come and work 1 day in a GM's life, I bet things would change.
Pros
I left
Cons
Too micromanagement; no support system!
Great learning experience
Caterer (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 14, 2016
Lunch was free, which most of the time it needed to be. The customers were the best part about working here. The supervisors/managers, office manger were all very unprofessional, lazy, petty. They discussed employees business in front of other employees. They would LIE on you to save themselves. Would change your schedule/paperwork without consulting with you about it. Tell you they care about you when they really don't. Because they are only looking out for the company and their own jobs! Oh and they show favoritism over other employees. They ARE racist, don't let the fact that they will hire any race fool you. The whole management team is full of it, including HR. They all stick together like one big f'd up family. They can not be trusted. If you don't mind being disrespected, lied to, thrown under the bus, then by all means go ahead and apply. But you better hope you'll have some great co-workers because you'll need them to get through the ridiculousness.
Pros
Free lunch, pay, friendly customers
Cons
MANAGEMENT
Look elsewhere-
cashier (Former Employee) –  Township of Cranberry, PADecember 25, 2015
If you want to be treated like a slave , and never be appreciated, and be working there for awhile, yet; new employees make more than you, when you have more experience, Do apply,
If you like negativity and gossip, this is the place or you,
If you like a high turn over atmosphere, this is the place for you,
if you like a job where they do not train you to do the things you are supposed to, then you get wrote up for not doing what you were never taught" then.. this is the place for you' otherwise.. my good people.. move along and look to be respected elsewhere'.

The managers gossip about their employees in front of other employees, they talk bad about customers . There is favoritism,
The customers are the best thing , the only reason of coming back enduring the" knowing your place in the food chain'

the best part is free lunch, and no weekend work, this is the ONLY positive thing'.
Pros
free lunches, no weekend work
Cons
no benefits, not enough people hired, so they make you do your work and 2 other people's jobs
Terrible company dont even bother !
Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 4, 2016
This company hires incompetently and simply based on their own desperation. A minimal staff is at every location and when someone calls in, your stuck carrying the weight. They hire very carelessly, individuals with only associates degrees to be executive chefs and people who are previously fired from franchises to manage their franchises instead of qualified people just so their general manager doesnt have to do extra work. I was with the company 7 years, and in that 7 years I was at one location, under the management of 9 different general managers and 3 area managers, all of whom came and left as soon as they found out how ridiculous this company is operated. They are a company that uses you until your hourly wage or salary becomes too high, and then they use their " at will employment" option to terminate you because your costing them too much money or the new manager decides he wants to replace you with one of his friends. In summary......A TERRIBLE PLACE TO WORK.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
No breaks, yet they expect you to punch out for them.
Exetremely rare for a hourly employee to get Full Time!
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, ALJuly 17, 2016
Everyday you go to work you never know who will be there and who will be gone. They cut managers pay and positions all the time so they either quit or they stay but they are always in a bad mood because of the pressure they are always scared of losing their job or getting another pay cut. Hourly people are not important enough to AVI to get full time. Pretty much all hourly people are part time 25 hours a week. So hourly people dont stay long bc they cant get enough hours for it to be worth their time.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
No full time for hourly employees
has it's good and bad points
Customer Service Attendant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  OHJuly 14, 2016
took 10 years to move up. don't feel like i am taken seriously. typical day i run from various locations. nothing is empty when i arrive the next day but if you arent bff with the account contact and they say something to bigger bosses then you are the bad guy not doing your job even if you really are. work my butt off with little pay. other employees make a lot more $ due to their gender. only stay because it is monday-friday and day shift with paid holidays and vacation time.
Pros
free food/drink
Cons
trying to get things done correctly can be a battle
AVI Foodsystems is an ok place to work but in terms of a career, lets just say its all but nonexsistant.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 2, 2015
AVI Foodsystems is an ok place to work for the pay is average, there is little to no advancement. The management that I've been around is ok, but the workers can be petty. The hours are doable decent start and end times. you do get free lunches and for the most part the customers are nice and you do have those customers who are outright rude and snobby!
Pros
lunches
Cons
average pay, no advandement
They couldn't keep workers
Vending Attendant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 10, 2016
When I worked for AVI, they went through warehouse managers like a 2 year old goes through Christmas candy. I worked in a correctional facility and made $10.00/hr but only worked on weekends and holidays. For everything I put up with there, I was not being paid enough to deal with it all. I brought it up to the manager at the warehouse several times and no attempt was made to take care of any of the issues.
Pros
Free food for lunch
Cons
Just about everything else
No Communication, Leadership, Incentives, Training, or Integrity
Catering (Current Employee) –  OhioSeptember 29, 2015
You receive zero training and 100% the blame when things go wrong. You work for a poor group of managers that are providing zero support. The best part of the job is the people you meet and the ability to make additional connections for better work places. The hours that I was working were impossible and around the clock. I felt very used and under appreciated at all times.
Pros
free bag of chips
Cons
no breaks, long hours, Horrible pay, no benefits
Workers treated well
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INFebruary 16, 2016
A very nice place to work. Was able to work in various positions which helped me develop many skills and helped broaden my knowledge working in food. Treated well by management
Pros
Made a lot of great friends, Enjoyed the ability to work in various departments
Cons
Not enough hours
Decent job if you like overtime all the time
Route Driver/Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Seymour, INOctober 20, 2015
This job does not have many full time positions available.When full time you are always expected to work 50 plus hours a week.No acknowledgement for job well done.No bonuses or Christmas parties or any event at all to build morale. Very small yearly raises.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Small company with cheap pockets
Not looking good
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MIAugust 25, 2016
Do not work here unless you don't give a about how much your paid, and you want to be dragged around by the horrible management. Your hours will varry, and often times you'll be forced to work over your daily hours, but never over your weekly hours. Perfect if you have little to no care, and no responsibilities.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Poor management, poor employees
AVI Foodsystems is not a good company to work for.
Grill Cook/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Township of Cranberry, PAMarch 20, 2015
AVI Foodsystems, Inc. has a major communication problem in the management capacity. They do not give advancements fairly, but to the employees they like more on a personal level. Also, there is a set of rules stated in our employee handbook...these are only enforced to certain employees, where others get away with breaking said rules. Also, there is no accountability as far as food safety. Certain employees eat while doing their prep work, with their gloves on, answer their cell phones while preparing food, and certain employees have no food safety training whatsoever. The hardest part of my job is never getting recognition for a job well done. I only receive praise from the hundreds of customers I feed every morning. The most enjoyable part of my job is the satisfaction each customer expresses.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
only part time, no benefits, salary increases once a year
They started me off with no experience at a really busy account
Vending attendent (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 28, 2016
The day I started they had me sent to work at possibly one of the busiest accounts, everyone at the account was disrespectful. I needed to have an excess of items in my office. Just as an example on a Monday I needed to have at least 10 cases of mountain dew and pepsi on my cart at one time plus all of the other products, and get to my main area before 6:30 when I got there at 6. Also was blamed for my account being short before I could even be there for a month.
Pros
Free lunches, good pay
Cons
Disrespect, Little training
Horrible Company
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 27, 2016
Do not ever work for this company. Lack of support from management, heavy workload, long hours, lack of training, poor communication and always worked short staffed. Management expected a lot from you in a short period of time and no support. Management was rude, unethical, lacked teamwork and honestly did care about their employees. Run from this company if you can.
Pros
Summer and Holiday Breaks
A Mix Of Hard Work And Fun
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 10, 2016
A Typical day of work would consist of me entering the kitchen prepared to work and head to the area i am designated to by my supervisor. After running my my area for the allotted time i would clean my area and either help out with other tasks or head home with my shift being over.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Difficult Customers
An easy job
Vend Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Louisville, OHJune 15, 2016
The money at avi isnt that good and there was really no room for me to advance. The management wasnt impressive and the trucks we used seemed to break down every week. As a company they seemed to rake all the money in but never fork any out to improve what they have.
Pros
Free food and drinks
Cons
Trucks are junk and pay sucks

2.8