AVI Employee Reviews

Job is ok for what it is
Warehouse manager (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MIJuly 4, 2016
Need better management the systems are not in place to be successful and people usually don't agree on how to go about fixing the problems at the company everyone is for themselves and the warehouse manager takes all the blame and none of the credit
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No employee appreciation
Avi
Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 27, 2016
AVI is the 3rd largest commercial audio/video company in the nation. It is also employee owned. It's a very well run company that allows you to take ownership... literally. I highly recommend their services and them as an employer to anyone looking for a career in the commercial audio/video arena.
Pros
Employee owned
Cons
Very corporate
Overworked and underpaid
Manager of Snack Shop / Cashier (Current Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHMay 6, 2015
I've wasted almost 4 yrs with 6 different managers. Nothing every changed. I enjoyed working the snack shop ,the Kenworth customers and the people I worked with!!
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Unprofessional, Disorganized, no raises
Unique experience with a small company
Technician / Programmer (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJuly 6, 2015
An interesting experience where no one day or even week is the same mundane process. One day could be a pre-installation pulling wires on one site and the next day could be sitting in the office programming for another client while the 3rd day was running around trouble-shooting existing clients or upgrading equipment and the next day was setting up a network and installing A/V equipment. Although the job was eventful, days could get long with unseen issues that arrive and troubleshooting those problems to the best of ones ability.
Pros
Never a dull moment
Cons
Full lunch breaks and 8 hour days didn't happen often
Not Fun
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  OhioJuly 16, 2015
Very little room for advancement and they don't really care about their employees. Not a fun work place, took a pay cut of 50 cents and only got an increase of 14 cents in 2 years.
A good company to work for.
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 3, 2012
Working at AVI as a Facilities Manager is a fast paced multifacited job with several different issues all happening at one time. My day may start out adding or taking people out of the security system in any location across the country. At the same time I am directing facilitators as well as subcontractors in multiple buildings. A lot of the decisions are made within moments and because of the multiple building setting, there may be several issues going on at the same time. Security in the buildings is paramount and unless the contractor has been cleared by myself, they would require an escort. This along with building, safety, generator maintenance/testing, plumbing, electrical and several issues create a fast paced and quick days, often leading into overtime because of the amount of work required or emergencies that may arise.
The biggest thing I learned during my tenor at AVI was how to multi-tasking and working in the corporate work.
Most of my tenor, I was a direct report to the COO. My experience with him was unique because of what he knew and taught me about corporate America.
The most enjoyable part of the job, for me was making as many people happy, if they had and issue, and at the same time feeling like I was needed.
Pros
good pay
Rental Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 5, 2013
This was a very fun place to work. They guy are hard working individuals and they have no problem showing you the ropes. This is an ideal job for a person in the mid 20's to upper 30's unless you have previous experience and intend on being in Management. The only reason I left was to pursuit a better opportunity.
Pros
great people, great atmosphere, and lots of learning
Cons
if you don't mind sweating and working your way up, then there aren't many
fun place to work
dish washer (Current Employee) –  Alliance, OHApril 3, 2014
good place to work
everyone is respectful and nice
lots of good food
Pros
free lunch
Cons
off 4 mouths of the year
Like working there like family!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHMarch 19, 2013
This place was alsome. The people I work around was really great and meeting a lot of new people and making new friends.
The hours was not bad but the pay could have been better and no insurance.
I move to Toledo Ohio and got Married.
Pros
knowing i had freinds there!
Cons
no health insurance.
Fun workplace laid back not to hard of a job. Great pool.
Caterer/Server (Current Employee) –  Gambier, OHApril 10, 2013
Watch Simmers and make sure that the pool area is safe for every customer. Make sure that Every customer is assisted the same way. Enjoyed working with College students and old friends, and going into the pool. Hard to get hours during the year.
Pros
free pass for the kenyon athletic center
Cons
not a lot of hours
Good Place yo work. With room for advancement. Great people to work for
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCSeptember 14, 2013
Meant a lot of good people that got a bad break in life and avi gave them another chances in life
Pros
great people to work for company has good benits
Cons
do not pay there employee's for whwt they or working for
It was ok
Vendor (Former Employee) –  MDMarch 11, 2013
The job was ok I worked alone just filing vending machines. I enteracted with peopl that worked at that location. Learned how to take interview of things and people skills.
Cons
not many hours
Nice work place
Driver (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAApril 18, 2012
Load truck and then go to different vending machines and fill them
Muy Buena
Asesor de Ventas (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 29, 2013
Este fue uno de mis mejores trabajos, ya que a traves de este conoci la Ciudad de San Antonio Tx.
Aprendi mucho respecto a como tratar cada cliente, ya que conoci a mucha gente de otros paises.
Mi gerente directo era su segunda mano, ya que me gane la confiaza de el con mi trabajo.
Empece dando cursos a mis compañeros y tips para lograr unas mejores ventas.
Disfrutaba manejando cuando me desplazaba de un lugar a otro.
Lo mas dificil era cuando me topaba con algun integrante de la familia que hablaba ingles, ya que este a veces me interrumpia para mis cierres de la venta. Pero aun asi, me encantaban los retos diarios.
Pros
ganaba muy buenas comisiones
Cons
no teniamos sueldo fijo, ni prestaciones.