- Actively look for scheduled maintenance opportunities. Plan, organize and oversee scheduled maintenance activities to ensure timely completion and adherence to project budget. Provide both time and cost quotes to customers for scheduled maintenance items.
- Assist, supervise and direct employees with inspection authority.
- Secure and maintain technical data such as manufacturer’s overhaul manuals, service bulletins, service instructions, installation bulletins and related FAA publications that may pertain to any inspection, repair, installation or overhaul performed by the Scheduled Maintenance Department.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with local regulatory authorities, customers and vendors to ensure the Scheduled Maintenance Department’s continued growth and successful operation.
- Ensure proper tagging and identification of all parts. Isolates all rejected or unserviceable parts until properly dispositioned.
- Review and approve documentation showing traceability and certification to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations and standards.
- Record entries into aircraft log records of work performed.
- Complete all FAA and company forms, releases and records required prior to returning an aircraft to service. Ensure that maintenance and inspection records are maintained in accordance with FAA regulations and company procedures.
- Make required work order entries for discrepancies and correction action. Prepare all forms or computer input required to initiate reports and corrective action where product and/or performance fail to meet requirements and/or standards. Follow up to ensure correction and/or compliance.
- Regularly inspect facility and equipment for compliance with safety, operation and appearance standards.
- Plan, develop and implement new methods and procedures designed to improve customer service and operation efficiency, minimize operating cost and ensure greater utilization of labor and materials.
- Provide on-the-job training and instruction to employees to improve quality control and work performance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must possess an A & P license, Inspection Authorization preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Physically able to perform heavy lifting on a regular basis.
- Excellent communication skills
- Physically able to stand or walk for long periods of time
- Will frequently sit, stand, walk, stoop, bend, reach, grasp, and carry object
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Simple arithmetic
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
AviatMall is a leading supplier of pilot supplies and Aviation parts.