AVID Technical Resources

AVID Technical Resources Employer Reviews

Best Technical Recruiter
IT Consultant (Current Employee), MassachusettsJuly 20, 2014
Pros: great people
AVID cares about its contractors. From my past experience, recruiters would send me on an interview and I would not hear back from the recruiter unless I was hired. If I received the contract, after starting the job I would not hear from the recruiter again. This was until I received my first contract through AVID. AVID would actually call me during – more... my contract to ask how things were going and to see if there was anything I needed. At the end of my last contract with AVID I was offered a full time position and accepted. If I am ever in the job market again, AVID will be the first recruiter I will contact. – less
Take care of their contractors
Android Engineer (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: none that i can think of
I am working remotely but the staff from Avid are regularly checking in on me to see if there's anything I need. They are always courteous and prompt. I don't think you could ask for much more.

When I was first hired they took care to make sure all the paperwork was completed with the least amount of fuss. This was a welcome start to a new position.
AVID broke through the barriers
Job Candidate (Current Employee), Providence, RIJuly 14, 2014
Pros: gets the job done
I noticed a posting for a position that was a great fit, but couldn't get detail about the company or position. I contacted AVID and they had insight about the company and put me in touch with the right personnel in the company. I am writing this after my first week at the new job.
Great Service
Technical Product Manager (Current Employee), El Segundo, CAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: great customer service, a lot of detailed information
Cons: no benefits as most positions are contract
I just recently was hired at a Company through AViD. My reps were great, and very helpful throughout the entire process. There were a lot of details that were given to me that I didn't even think about, including what the culture is like, what to wear to the interview, and heads up on questions that might be asked.

I gave the Compensation/Benefits – more... 3 stars, as I'm getting paid really well, but unfortunately, since I am contract, I do not get any benefits.

I would definitely work with AViD again in the future to gain another opportunity somewhere. – less
Staff Was A Pleasure To Work With
Consultant (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 26, 2014
I recently worked with AVID in making a career move. I wasn't looking for a new position but they found a role for me that was an even better fit than my previous position (which was a good fit). The staff was a pleasure to work with and stayed on top of my transition into the new company to make it as painless as possible.
AVID Technical Resources-Great Company, great people!
IT Support (Current Employee), Johnston RIMay 23, 2014
Pros: attentive to candidate, place the right person in the right job, good compensation and work life balance.
Cons: none at this time.
I recently worked with AVID Technical Resources in making a career move. AVID is an absolute pleasure to work with. AVID kept me appraised to the status of the placement from interview to hire. Also AVID was able to place me within my salary requirements. AVID acts as an advocate for their candidate, and keeps the candidates best personal interests – more... at heart, as well as professional. If you are looking for a career change, use AVID, they are the best! – less
Great company working with great people.
IT Support Automation (Current Employee), Johnston R.I.April 28, 2014
Pros: good communication
Cons: currently none
An IT Automation Support position was offered to me and was interviewed by 2 great candidates over at Avid who got me an immediate interview on the same day for a big company. I was hire to start the next day. So far things are going very well and hope it to be a permanent position. Because of Avid I'm working for a great company & working with some – more... great people. – less
AVID placed me perm, first try.
recruit (Current Employee), MassachusettsApril 25, 2014
Pros: professional recruiter, good industry connections
Cons: i found them 4 months into my job search...
My rep. took the time to understand me, and my skills and presented them to the potential employer (originally a 90 temp to hire) in such a way that he actually thought I had known her for an extended period of time, and had been placed by AVID in the past. She was responsive, professional, and she got it done.

In New England 100's of recruiters chase – more... open resumes on job boards. I stopped answering the NJ #'s with offshore resources I couldn't understand, and concentrated on local teams. AVID pulled through, where many of the National Chain Recruiters were more concerned with farming me out to anyone, for low rates. Thanks to AVID I landed a great position, at a rate I asked for.

A+++++++ – less
Great people to work with
Web Content Specialist (Current Employee), Boston, MAApril 25, 2014
Pros: free coffee, learning opportunities.
Cons: longer commute.
The people I worked with kept me informed every step of the way for a contracting opportunity. They worked very hard on my behalf. They did an excellent job setting up the interviews and coordinating next steps.
Informative and helpful through the entire process
Recruiting (Former Employee), BostonApril 23, 2014
Pros: constantly staying in contact.
Cons: none that i know of.
AVID was extremely informative and helpful throughout the entire hiring process. AVID set up all interviews, spoke with me before and after the interviews and help guide me along the process. AVID knows the workplace and what the employers are looking for and does a great job coaching the job candidates.
Very Nice People to work with
PC/Network Support Technician (Former Employee), Lawrence, MAMarch 17, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: didn't go permanent as promised
They got me a job at Home Health VNA in Lawrence, Ma. The job was exactly as they explained it to be
Technical Agency
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 6, 2013
AVID is a great place to learn the ropes technical recruiting. Located in the heart of Boston, the location and culture is great.