AVID Technical Resources Employee Reviews

Great place to start your career!
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 25, 2017
After interviewing at a lot of places after I graduated, I found AVID to be the perfect fit for what I was looking for in terms of culture, management style, and overall enjoyment for the role. You can tell everyone here cares about each other and their success.

As someone who came in without any prior knowledge on technical recruiting, the company provides excellent resources and allowed me to pick things up quickly. AVID recognizes that people take different amounts of time to understand the whole process but everyone jumps at the opportunity to help out. While the hours may be a bit long, the day really flies by and you will feel productive and accomplished. Every day is different and far from boring--we keep things fun (i.e. call contests, lunch & learns, company happy hours).

Overall, AVID is a great company to get your foot in the door and start your career in recruiting or sales. Success is rewarded, management does everything in their power to make people happy, and best of all everyone here is friends with each other! This company is constantly evolving and I couldn't be happier to work here as my first job.
Pros
Flexible hours, remote option, free coffees/lunches
Cons
No 401K match
Competitive place to work, great culture
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 22, 2017
I've been working at Avid for more than a year and a half. It's a very work-hard play-hard culture, but it pays off! You're rewarded for your hard work and truly see the benefits of putting the most into what you do.

The Management is great. Very understanding and truly help with all questions. All team members will drop anything to help you out or answer questions. You're encouraged to ask questions, and every day is a learning opportunity.
Pros
Flex schedules, commission structure is great
Technical Recruiter
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 18, 2017
The people who work for AVID are awesome. The culture is my favorite part - it's very much a work hard/play hard environment and you are consistently rewarded for all the effort you put in. Everyone cares about each others success and are always willing to help each other.
Pros
Good culture, great people, laid back and collaborative
Cons
Long hours, typical of the staffing industry
If you've just finished finished school, this is the place to go
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 15, 2017
The people are what makes AVID what it is. Transitioning into a new position and industry can be overwhelming but my co-workers have made it fairly painless. It's a very lucrative industry and I find it awesome that the company is so progressive in their thinking.

I don't really have any cons about the company itself. However the industry itself is pretty tough, with long hours and unpredictable results. However i knew these facts when I accepted the offer.
Pros
Free lunches, coffee, hour long lunch break
Cons
tough industry, flaky candidates
Fun, collaborative, competitive environment
Sales (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 9, 2017
Great place to work. Your co-workers all have the same goals and expectations, and everyone is committed to reaching new highs. Very collaborative - you succeed with the help from others, and everyone strongly believes in this. Management care about their employees, and is involved in everyone's personal development.
Pros
Great location in downtown Boston. Energetic environment. Great co-workers
FUN and Challenging!
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 24, 2017
If you're looking to join a company that has a fun, transparent, work hard play hard culture, look no further! In the 3+ years I have been with AVID there has not been a day that my hard work has gone unnoticed. Management is great at recognizing their employees and keeping the environment upbeat and fun, which is extremely important in the challenging staffing industry.
Pros
Uncapped commission, training
Great Opportunity
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXApril 18, 2017
All I ever wanted from a prospective employer was the opportunity and support to grow both professionally and personally. AVID has provided me with both and continues to do so.

It's rare to find employers that invest so heavily into their employees. They operate with transparency and give everyone a platform to speak their minds.

I'm really grateful for everything AVID has given me.
AVID Technical Resources Review
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 17, 2017
I have been at AVID for close to a 5 months now and everyday has truly been a growing and learning experience. Haven't woke up one day yet and not had the urge to go to work and put in a full day. The great balance in the workplace is great. We work Hard but play even Harder. Celebrating goals hit gives you the motivation to get back and hit even more because the rewards are well above the competition.

The people I work with aren't just co-workers they are my friends and that's even better to keep me motivated to perform day in and day out. Knowing that AVID is completely committed and invests in you is truly a heart warming feeling.
Pros
Uncapped commission, Training
Management Gives False Hopes - Not well respected
Candidate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 28, 2017
They are very "culty" in terms of culture and they really drink the cool-aid. Management lies to its employees, recruiters treat candidates poorly and owner is closing offices all over due to poor management. Closed NY, RI, TX all in a few weeks and try to show they are still open.
Official response from AVID Technical Resources
April 4, 2017

We at AVID work hard to build a strong team environment. We emphasize trust, communication and hard work. Every employee is extremely important to us and we strive to create a culture that supports everyone in achieving their personal and professional goals. We’ve had 14 years of continuous year-over-year growth. Staffing can be a difficult industry and requires open and honest communication with your teammates. If you have the right attitude and enjoy working in a group AVID Technical Resources can be an ideal environment to find success in.

In addition, leadership goes out of their way to be open and honest and ultimately communicate to the entire company. The moves in RI and NY were discussed and reasoning disclosed (TX is still a thriving active AVID office). Nothing was hidden or could be further from the truth in the statement above.

Great company to work for
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 8, 2017
I've been working full time for the past 3+ years and it is by far the best experience I've had. If you want to learn, grow and challenge yourself, you'll be rewarded accordingly and management is very supportive/encouraging.
Recruiting is not for everyone though so you have to have your competitive attitude pumping and know how to deal with set backs. We have fun though when we need to have fun but most importantly, we work hard & smart.
contract point of sale service
Network Technician (Current Employee) –  TexasApril 14, 2016
No complaints most work orders are simple and it pays on time. Vendors that are contracted for are reasonable and pay well.
Pros
its contract work
Cons
its contract work
Best Recruiters I've Ever Worked With
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJanuary 19, 2016
Avid differentiates themselves from most of the other recruiters around in one major way: they treat you like a human being, instead of a resume to attach to a job description. They care about your success and genuinely want to find the right job for you, beyond just matching bullet points. Everyone I met in the office was friendly, helpful, and professional. I found a great job with them quite fast and hope to work with them in the future.
Would utilize this service in the future
Sr. Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Bethpage, NYDecember 7, 2015
Company is very thorough throughout the on-boarding process. Good follow up communication from initial interview to day one onsite.
Pros
Good communication
Cons
Unknown process of moving from Consultant to direct hire. As with most same type agencies, there is little incentive of this for them.
Great recruiters to work with!
Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAOctober 20, 2015
Like most people - I imagine - I have a love/hate relationship with recruiters but working with AVID has been terrific. They have placed me at the best job I have ever had and my relationship with AVID has been great throughout as they actually - and really - care about my success as evidenced by their immediate follow-up and responsiveness to any issues I might be having. The reps I work with are great and they genuinely appreciate me as a client and work hard to maintain my appreciation for them, as well.
Excellent dedicated representation
Digital Asset Archivist (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIOctober 13, 2015
They really worked to find me the perfect job. Avid reached out to me about this position and worked to make sure I would get a good chance at it. They were there supporting me all the way with interview tips to following up after. Avid really is interested in their employees before, and during employment. You are not another nameless person, but a part of their continued interests.
Pros
Dedicated representation
Cons
Nothing really - it's exceptional for a temp company
Simply the best!
.NET Developer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 23, 2015
Working with the absolute professionals at AVID Technical Resources was an exceptional experience. Informative, helpful and encouraging throughout the entire process, AVID's employees made what can often be a complicated endeavor into a seamless job transition, including making themselves readily available for all my questions and having answers to questions I hadn't even thought of.

Upon placement, AVID's employees continued to go above and beyond with their level of service and support and from the very beginning it felt like I was working among friends. I would recommend this team to anyone without exception for those seeking unparalleled results from top notch individuals. I only look forward to further communications.
Pros
The whole experience, complete professionals
Cons
Not a thing
Great place to start racking up experience
tech (Current Employee) –  ProvidenceAugust 21, 2015
Avid in and of itself is a great place to start working. The really care about the people who work for them and quit regularly check on there employees. If your looking to start a career they will definitely help you do that. Furthermore, if you dont like where you are located, they are more than happy to try to relocate you per your request.
Pros
Amazing environment, great place to start getting experience for future careers
Cons
The pay is alright. depending on what schedule you work its hard to manage a life style
Constructive, Informative, Caring, Friendly, Knowledgable, supportive
SQA (Former Employee) –  MarlboroughAugust 20, 2015
My experience with AVID was outstanding. They are unlike the others...
AVID contacted me about an opportunity that matched my skills to 200%.. They scan your resume and your personality to a job very carefully to make sure both sides will be happy and job if a contract will last long if permanent turns into home.
The recruiter I worked with took care of everything throughout the entire process. Communicated every step of the way with what how and when. I highly recommend working with AVID.. They make sure you succeed at the end.
AVID is one of the best in the industry
Job search candidate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 22, 2015
AVID’s recruiter is one of the best that I worked with finding a job. They are very patient, initially the jobs that they offered me did not worked out, because it was only temp jobs. But the recruiter worked with me for a while and finally found me a temp to hire job, which is exactly what I am looking for. Is like they tailor fit your skill and experience, to find you a best fit job. Moreover, the recruiter is very responsive on inquires, both phone calls and e-mail. Overall the experience has been great.
Great experience working with AVID
Computer Operator (Current Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIMay 16, 2015
AVID is one of the best agencies I have had the pleasure to work with, Working with them was very instrumental in the success I've had at landing a job at a company I've wanted to work with for quite some time. They kept a constant line of communication and more importantly, one representative actually went above and beyond on 2 occasions throughout the process. In meeting me and prepping me right before the interview as well as in meeting up with me to retrieve my paperwork during an extremely busy point of my week. These are things you don't expect someone helping you get a job to do but that is all the more reason these guys are great and I recommend their services to all job seekers.
Pros
Great Communication, Went above and beyond to work with me
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AVID Technical Resources. Our community is ready to answer.

4.7