Avid Technology Employee Reviews

Look elsewhere
Executive Assistant to Sr. VP Global Services (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAJanuary 26, 2017
Avid is quickly sinking. I suggest you pass on them. I suspect within a year's time all products will have been divested and the company will be sold.
Pros
great people (who are left)
Cons
CEO needs to be fired
This is OK company in term of job work and compesation. However the job sercurity is below the average.
Senior Hardware Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tewksbury, MAJanuary 17, 2017
Work as a team membertry to meet the target schedule dead line on each project.
Learn the mistakes and avoid them on the next project.
Need to plan to put more hours to finish the projects.
Avid people and products are great, Management doesn't have a clue.
Master Instructor/Workflow Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 13, 2017
I've been associated with Avid over twenty years. In that time, I've witnessed multiple wholesale changes in our upper management that always results with executives getting great parachutes and profiting even when the company doesn't. The last CEO, transformed the company by cutting staff, or outsourcing their jobs, while increasing the workload. The quality of our products and services suffer for it, but it's not about customers or employees it's all about Wall Street.
The hardest part of the job was the lack of communication between Avid's corporate team members and the customers corporate office, leaving the field of both Avid and the client onsite to figure it out.
Pros
Innovative company with great people living in total job insecurity.
Cons
living with job insecurity.
hair cut
Senior Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJanuary 10, 2017
we play ping pong everyday after work.
free hair cut for all co-worker after work.
I like what I do, I love my job. all co-worker very friendly
very interesting products.
Avid
Professional Services (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MANovember 27, 2016
OK if you are looking for work and can't find anything better. Co-workers can be stubborn and upper management seems more focused on profits than progress.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Everything else
Great people, great team
Senior Revenue Accountant (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MANovember 24, 2016
A great place to work with a great team. The company is going through major changes but it should help them come out much stronger. There has been a huge turnover.
Excellent Future
Director of Global Procurement and Travel (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAOctober 15, 2016
Avid is an amazing place to work. I enjoy working with some of the best people I have ever met in an ever changing industry. My role at Avid has evolved over time, and I continue to strive for excellence.
Pros
Colleagues, compensation, flexibility
Cons
Challenging industry trends
Good
Sales force Developer/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAApril 7, 2016
Good to work,co-workers,nice environment,management,everything was enjoying to work over there.Avid products are now used in the television and video industry to create television shows, feature films, and commercials. Media Composer, a professional software-based non-linear editing system, is Avid's flagship product
Pros
Free
Cons
breaks, healthcare
Avid is a very professional and substatial employer
Director of Storage Products (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 28, 2016
Typical day
Call Boston, (Avid's Base of operations)update management of sales, product development status
We had great support by Avid
I learned what it was like to work for a very large company.
Management was top caliber people
Travelling around the world, Japan, Australia, Korean, Europe (everywhere)
Avid was generous with its salaries,benefits, and incentives
Pros
Good Benifits, Good leadership
Cons
Avid was on one coast and I was on the other. I did lose time in the air
Fun culture with excellent mid level management
Channel Sales Manager (America's) (Current Employee) –  RemoteDecember 1, 2015
Avid overall is a great place to work because the people are extremely passionate on what we sell and into the industry we sell to. Mid level management is extremely strong resulting in loyalty to the team and company.
Good Intern Experience
Resource Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MANovember 18, 2015
I worked with Avid in the Summer of 2014 and I must say the experience was a good one. They try to reach out and make the interns learn as much as possible.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Could give interns a little more access
Great products, poor management
Principal Software Engineer,team lead/scrum master (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAMay 16, 2015
Avid has great products and great engineering talent but its management is old school and lacks vision with little to no appreciation for its workers. The executive level objectives, planning and direction are abysmal. They recently recovered from a delisting on the stock exchange and are trying to move forward with a skeleton engineering crew.
Pros
Great products
Cons
Waning potential, Tense, demanding work experience.
Ever Changing Landscape
Compensation Analyst (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MANovember 6, 2014
A good company with a lot of top end turnover in the past couple of years. Company is seeking a new direction.
Great Product
Engineer (Current Employee) –  MassMarch 12, 2014
Smart people, great products. too much middle management.
A flexable job
Merchandising Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tewksbury, MAFebruary 12, 2014
I represented the company in the state of michigan and ohio. I would drive to stores in my area to keep the staff up to date on product information. I would give trainings to the dealers and to any customer who asked a question.
Productive work place with pool tables and ping pong to help keep the day moving.
Senior Hardware Systems Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAJanuary 26, 2014
I start at 4:00am read email and pull down the first software build of the day. Upgrade my local workstations then move on to my shared storage servers. once they are all updated I start testing the new builds. when my manager comes in around 7:00am I ask if he has any new hardware or software he wants me to test. if there is I will set it up and test it, if not I will continue to test the daily builds and work on any code blues that came in the night before. I also will attend my scrum meetings. My most enjoyable part of my job is when I get new hardware from HP, IBM, Lenovo, Dell, and Apple or new software releases from Microsoft, Apple, and Red Hat.
Pros
Great Coworker, Cutting edge technology, Managers/Directors great to work for
Cons
CEO turnover, Company very VP top heavy
New Management and large turnover
Executive Assistant to the President and CEO (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAAugust 23, 2013
Avid is a fantastic company,with very interesting products. Unfortunately, most employees are uneasy about the new management that has been brought in to 'turn the company around'.
Pros
Great people and different/exciting technology
Cons
Great to work in an environment that created special effects for the movies!
Executive Administrator (Former Employee) –  Tewksbury, MAJuly 10, 2013
Enjoyed working here. Supported the Software Engineering Vice President and the Director of Program Management as well as their respective groups such as special effects and audio. Handled calendars, set up meetings, answered phones, made travel arrangements, prepared presentations, maintained various reports. Worked with both PCs and MACs. Very casual atmosphere. Staff/management had many activities to support team building. Left the position due to having to care for a terminally ill parent. Otherwise, I would have stayed.
Pros
Enjoy the work atmosphere.
Cons
young office, where creativity is encouraged
Project Manager, Customer Success - Video (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAMay 22, 2013
There are a lot of fun people that work here, and your bosses are accessible and open to any questions or concerns you might have. Great environment to work in, always having different projects come up that require problem-solving.
very productive
Facilities Technician (Former Employee) –  burlington maFebruary 22, 2013
Job Duties and Responsibilities: facilities technician responsible for office and furniture moves, hanging pictures, whiteboards, minor paintings and repairs.
Work closely with outside contractors on small facility related projects. Assist in the resolution of construction or contractor related problems.
Responsible for maintaining all equipment and the preventive maintenance programs on all systems, including the UPS, Generators and Chillers. Handle equipment including the schedule and related records to the preventive maintenance.
Responsible to maintain the facility related tool area, keeping it clean and organized.
Coordinate procurement of equipment, supplies and materials to perform required duties.
Assisted in the shipping and receiving function as needed.
Pros
love workinh with a great bunch of employees
Cons
laid off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avid Technology. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7