AVID

AVID United States Employee Reviews

great environment
Tutor (Former Employee), Oceanside, CAFebruary 22, 2015
Helped students with work that they struggled with for their classes. Spoke to them about college, and scholarship opportunities/
Assistant & Tutor (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 20, 2015
Worked closely with the students to watch them become better in subjects the had trouble with. Great place to see students grow into motivated individuals ready to go to college.
AVID Teacher
Teacher/Football Coach (Current Employee), Dickinson,TXFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: seeing students determined and motivated to learn
Cons: seeing students not tap in to what they are capable of achieving
As an educator, I get to positively influence a lot of students. I teach them survival skills for college to better make them college ready.
A lot of fun
AVID Tutor with the PSUSD (Former Employee), Desert Hot Springs, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: flexable schedules, field-trips
Cons: not a full time position
Duties consist of tutoring and assisting children individually or in small group(s) in order to help student master assignments and to reinforce learning concepts presented by teacher(s).
One of the greatest contributions to humanity
Tutor (Former Employee), Alexandria, VaDecember 4, 2014
AVID is awesome. Every student should have the opportunity to at least try AVID. The teachers and the tutor work together as a team to ensure that the students succeed. By far the most rewarding position that I have ever held.
Great Company and Legacy
Business Development Rep (Former Employee), Burlington, MASeptember 15, 2014
Pros: excellent work culture, great people, and valuable training
Cons: management and communication structure needs help.
AVID is one of the most fun companies I've ever worked for in my professional career. It's a very laid back and transparent work culture, and the people are extremely smart, down to earth, and driven to succeed. AVID is very much based on quality, and the products are highly innovative and derived from a long legacy of successful workflow solutions.

The training and on-boarding process is one of the best parts of joining AVID, and they really put a lot of effort in investing in their staff. I would say the compensation and management structure can definitely be better, but there can always be improvements in that area. I would also say there's not much job security, and they have been going through tough times recently so this can affect anyone.

I have walked away with nothing but great experience, and I'd recommend anyone work for AVID when they start to stabilize.
Great company to work for
Tutor (Current Employee), Austin, TXAugust 20, 2014
The company is based around providing higher education pathways for disenfranchised high school students. The hours for the employees are the same hours as the school so it is quite easy to balance around other jobs and school.
helping kids at schools
Lancaster Intern (Former Employee), Lancaster, TXJuly 10, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
helping out students with home work and classwork, and also helping out high school students with college choices
AVID Tutor
Tutor (Current Employee), Saint Charles, ILJuly 8, 2014
Good experience for those trying to get into the education field.
It was a pleasure working as an AVID Tutor
Tutor (Former Employee), Harlingen TXJune 30, 2014
I loved it, Go in everyday to see your students sometimes you have to pump them up and get them laughing and smiling just to make they're day. I learned to get along with students very easily, The teacher that I assisted was so nice. My co worker was fun and easy to get alone with. The hardest part was to get some of the students to do the work or turn it in. Being able to help children learn something everyday.
Great Volunteer Opportunites
AVID Car Wash (Former Employee), Eastvale, CAJune 29, 2014
AVID ensured we had every oppotunity possible during high school, during college, and later on in life
Fun workplace, learned alot
Tutor (Former Employee), Visalia, CAMay 21, 2014
Pros: easy, fun, knew the people i was working with
Cons: no cons, very easy environment
Worked with freshmens and juniors in highschool and helped them with schoolwork.
Was a great oppurtunity to help disadvantaged kids
Tutor (Former Employee), Mansfield, TXApril 29, 2014
Worked at 2 high schools and 4 middle schools leading group or individual tutorials. Mentored the student on what college was really like and how to succeed at getting into college. Helped write many scholarship letters. I learned much about how people learn at Avid. The management was in the form of individual teachers at the schools I worked at. The hardest part of the job was getting some students to really use the programs benefits. The most enjoyable aspect was knowing that I was helping so many students have a chance they might not otherwise have.
Love being with kids, love the fact it was helping them with college
Tutor (Former Employee), Richfield, MNApril 1, 2014
Pros: work with kids, long breaks, free food, got to play games, learn new things, help children in the long run and with different educational experiences, free shirt, great pay
Cons: no advancement, short hours, didn't get as much time with kids as would like
Loved that I was working with children all day and was interacting with them on a personal level. Felt cool to be like a teacher and grade papers. Enjoyed working closely with teachers. Also enjoyed that I got to share my knowledge with the children. Got to facilitate groups and work on critical thinking to work on concerns of the children to help them work on skills to help them go to college in their later years. A great experience.
Productive and fun environment with ping pong table.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: free coffee
There were musical instruments and a pool table as well. Passionate and creative employees who obviously enjoy their job.
AVID Tutor (Former Employee), Glendora, CADecember 3, 2013
Hours are crazy and unstable. They interfere with other commitments or jobs.
low stakes, low reward
Tutor (Former Employee), Anaheim, CANovember 21, 2013
Pros: it offered experience teaching
Cons: low pay, few hours
I would help high school children with there homework serving as an aid to the acting teacher in the room. Most students did not really want my help, and the ones that did had a hard time hearing me in the noisy room.
AVID (Current Employee), Green Bay, WINovember 13, 2013
It was a fun and productive experience; I enjoyed working with my class mates in projects to help our school.
Productive and energetic students; great learning environment.
Tutor (Current Employee), Leander, TexasNovember 1, 2013
Pros: continued learning; networking
Cons: temporary employment
We run tutorials as well grade AVID student materials; monitor students development as well as motivate them to achieve. Co-workers are great and well-informed to AVID practices. Hardest part is managing a plethora of personalities and different subject-matter, simultaneously.
Avid
Social Studies Teacher (Current Employee), St. Croix, USVISeptember 22, 2013
Preparing avid students to always strive for success at all times

AVID Salaries