AVID Employee Reviews

Avid Review
Site Team Member (Former Employee) –  Adelphi, MDSeptember 21, 2017
Avid was an extra-curriculum activity that I served on that helped promote college preparedness. We implemented college prep strategies throughout the school to promote an environment of scholars.
Fun place to teach and learn
AVID tutor (Current Employee) –  Algonquin, ILSeptember 14, 2017
Focus is on helping students through tutoring to reach their goals. Its a fun environment to work in. Work place culture is good. Coordinators and teachers are easy to work with and flexible
Productive workplace
Tutor (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 27, 2017
Wonderful environment with work with kids at different ages. Gain experience of tutoring multiple subjects. Tutors are put in the subject that they are confident at. Great experience!
A fun job while in school
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, COJune 22, 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed working with students. The AVID process is a valuable one and it's unfortunate that the district lost funding for this program. Great Program!
Fun workplace
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJune 22, 2017
I work with middle-school students that have a lot of character. The teachers, along with the students, are very fun and make work interesting everyday.
Pros
Great staff, great hours, benefits
Cons
Ensuring that children are getting all that they can out of their education.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 14, 2017
AVID is an amazing program nationwide. It is an amazing way to ensure that children are getting everything that they need to get from their studies. The fact that the groups are peer lead really allows for the students to focus on what they are needing from their learning time and it also allows for more personalized critical thinking.
Make a difference
Lead Tutor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 12, 2017
I love working with students. Every day I feel as if I am making a difference in their young lives. The school I work at has amazing kids and a fun atmosphere. It was a great part time job for me because I was a full time student.
Pros
Very Flexible hours
Cons
No benefits
Fun part-time job
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 9, 2017
This is a very flexible job where you can choose your hours and the locations (school sites) you work at. It is a very fun and rewarding experience working with children and adolescents preparing them for college and helping with academics.
I enjoy working with people and being an AVID tutor allowed me to not only show students the value of education but also build a connection.
AVID Tutor (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJune 7, 2017
Working with students has always been my passion. Being an AVID alumni taught me that navigating throughout the public school system is tough. When I joined this job, my intentions were to show students how much education matters. This job has allowed me to do more than that by being able to create relationships with students as well as teachers.
Great way to learn about college
Student (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJune 4, 2017
This is a class that I have been in that helps me get prepared for college. It teaches you organization and time management, as well as getting into a college.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Helping students with questions they don't understand
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXMay 31, 2017
Help students with problems they have trouble understanding. Form a small study group and have everyone work through the problem together until everyone understands the whole question.
Great
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILMay 19, 2017
I loved helping students on their homework. Very diverse school that cared for you individually. I've learned that every adolescent learns differently, so always have patience.
Productive and great learning experience with children
Tutor (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXMay 17, 2017
This job is great for students looking to be a teacher in their career path. Its always a great experience because you help teach the children and they teach you even sometimes. It also allows a good connection with school districts for when you get ready to find a job.
Great program to work for
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAMay 16, 2017
I genuinely loved working as an AVID tutor. This program is wonderful and it was a wonderful job where I felt like I was making a difference in the student's lives.
awesome job
Academic Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WI 54303May 8, 2017
loved working with the kids, always enjoyable to teach the kids new things, and always fulfilling to work with others who care about the future of the children
Pros
awesome experience
Cons
not enough pay/hours
Not the best web site
pilot (Former Employee) –  FloridaApril 25, 2017
When adding job history, it takes the newest addition and places it on the bottom of work history. I'm not going back and organizing the history. To much to delete and start over with
Great Place to start
AVID Tutor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 13, 2017
Great place for a full time student. Good pay as well. Teachers a re really nice and students for the most part are receptive. They work with your college schedule as well
fun place
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Tustin, CAFebruary 20, 2017
enjoyed my time with the children and the teachers never a boring day always lots to do and happy to see the children improve
AVID tutor (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CA 92335February 5, 2017
Great working with kids. You work with great teachers and the principal is a great role model with the kids. You make great connections with the people you work with and can make a good stepping stone when graduating college.
Good learning and team building environment
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJanuary 24, 2017
Being an AVID tutor allowed me to explore what being a teacher was like, learning that every student is different in how they are and how they learn. This job improved my own note taking and studying skills for college. The other tutors are also in college, which makes for a fun environment.
Pros
Work with people your age
Cons
Students misbehaving