Avidxchange Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 28, 2017
Avidxchange is an up and coming company, with the potential to be great. It is a very fun and enjoyable environment to work Needs to improve on advancement opportunities for employees.
anagement can't make decisons
Account Administrator (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJJanuary 26, 2017
A lot of responsibility for very little pay. It looks good on the surface but the longer you are there you realize that you really can't move anywhere.
Previous PT Employee
Payment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 11, 2017
Work for this company at your own risk---low pay, poor managment, working environment is horrible. They do not handle clients private information securely. Their only goal is to benefit themselves. How they won charlottes business of the year is a lie.But as the saying goes, what ever you sow, you shall also reap! Their are tons of companies that do what they do, and new competition coming every year..if they contiune to handle their business the why that they do..they want be open for long...

And learn to treat your employees better. Just because u give them free food every once in a while doesn't make you the greatest place to work!!
Cons
Productive work place with pingpong table
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 20, 2016
Good work/life balance, kind people with smile everywhere. Company is growing like a rocket, but paid is just around the average which does not match with the growing speed.
Company losing sight of employees who have helped them grow
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 2, 2016
Redundant manual work...IT not keeping up with growth of company, Not much opportunity for advancement. No opportunity for personal growth.
Horrible company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 15, 2016
This used to be a great company with a start-up culture. Now, after rapid growth, the culture has totally changed for the worst. There is no real room for advancement, no career path and no diversity in management. The only diversity is in the lowest paid departments. This company has no structure and you are promoted based on who you know not what you know. Management can do what they like and are never held accountable for their actions. This company is all about making a dollar and could care less about it's employees. the pay is very low compared to how much work you are expected to do. There is no real HR department which means you have no one to go to if you have issues with your immediate supervisor.
Pros
No dress code
Cons
Low pay, long hours, no structure
An ok place
Account Administrator (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJMarch 31, 2016
This company isn't bad if you're just looking for a job. There is no real room for advancement and no career path. The work is straight forward but can be difficult at times depending on the client. The staff and management are very friendly and nice. But the pay is very low compared to how much work you are expected to do. Working from 7am to 6pm was typical. Also it is very expected to log in from home every evening and weekend.
Ok if you don't like structure and fairness
Payment Specialist -Temp (Former Employee) –  Charlotte NCMarch 28, 2016
No accountability for actions by management. If a manager doesn't like you then you won't last long no matter how good a of job you do. There's no one to complain to or a real HR department to support you without fear of retaliation.
Pros
laid back, no dress code, self manage
Cons
management horrible, no real hr office, third party company ran payroll, repetitive position same everyday
Fun and very interactive environment
Billing Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 2, 2016
A typical day at AvidXchange is very fast past, customer focused, and team driven. We do a lot of cross functional training and job shadowing to increase individual growth.
Pros
Company Event
Cons
Crazy hours, never felt appreciated and management wasn't friendly
Data Entry Operator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 25, 2016
It was a home based job data entry job and I worked as an indexer. I worked crazy hours of the day starting as early as 4 in the morning and could work as late as 12 or 1 in the morning. It wasn't a hard job but could get stressful making sure your invoices were submitted on time if you had a large amount to come in. We contacted each other by email and weren't really allowed to contact our coworkers on our team, only manager. Management wasn't very friendly and never made you feel as though you were appreciated.
Good and flexible work
DATA BASE ADMINISTRATOR INTERN (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 3, 2015
Amazing work culture and learning.
People are flexible for work hours.
Great work life balance.
Good for beginners as well as experienced
No wonder it is one of the Best Places to work in Charlotte
INTERN - Associate Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 7, 2015
Never knew working could be fun.
Never knew you could actually learn so much while working.
Never knew a CEO and CTO of a company could be so cool.
Never knew team meetings could actually be interesting even in yogurt/ice cream shops.
Never knew how a team should help and shoulder each other.
Never knew a workplace could make you love what you are doing and give the passion to excel.
Never knew AvidXchange could be such an awesome place to work, until I started my Intern there.
It's fun to work at avidxchange
Technical Intern (Former Employee) –  charlotteSeptember 21, 2015
The work culture is really good and the products and work are well organized. The company is really growing up by recruiting many candidates and expanding the firm as such.
Good environment to work
SQL DBA Intern (Current Employee) –  CharlotteSeptember 4, 2015
One of the best teams I ever worked with. My mentor is really good with different versions of MS SQL Server.
Got to learn many things about MS SQL Server.

As an intern I am satisfied as I am being paid to learn. :)
Great company, not so great position!
Payment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 2, 2015
I won't bash this company and say it isn't a fun place to work. First, if you decide to work here, DON'T TAKE THE PAYMENT SPECIALIST POSITION! It's a joke. You have to make 65 payment per day if you want to keep your job. It sounds easy, but trust me, IT'S NOT! It is also very hard to grow in this company. The Payment Specialist is the lowest position of the company and you have to stay in this position AND consistently meet the monthly quota before you're even CONSIDERED for another position. The position is a temp to perm position after 90 days but so many people get fired after the second month if they don't meet the 1000 posted payments per months. Management sucks and the supervisors are jokes! Really, the only qualifications they had to be supervisors is that they started with the company.. Really!? Anyway, if you think you can meet the monthly quota this is a good place to work. I had 15 people on my team. There was only one person on my team who wasn't a temp and she had only been with the company for 6 months. She was the longest working employee on the floor! The pay is $13.95 and it's not worth EVERYTHING they expect of you...
Pros
Easy Work
Cons
Monthly Quota/ WILL get fired if don't meet monthly qouta
Quickly going downhill
Full-time Employee (Former Employee) –  NCSeptember 1, 2015
This used to be a great company with a start-up culture. Now, after rapid growth, it is no different than any large corporation, with a huge rift between managers and employees.
Pros
Casual dress code
Cons
Failing culture
Nice place to work
Indexer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 29, 2015
I love the fact I get to work from home. I am able to work with little or no supervision. I can set my own hours. They are family friendly and very supportive with people who may have to take maternity or medical leave.
Pros
working from home
Cons
monetary
High pressure
Payment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 11, 2015
Advidxchange was a high pressure environment. Expectations from management were unrealistic and unfair. The best part of the job was that I really liked the job I was doing. The environment and morale of the employees was very low because we were constantly being threatened of losing our jobs if we did not meet the monthly quota. I was dismissed because I was 5 payments short the last month.
Pros
Loved the job
Cons
Bad management and unrealistic expectations
Fast growing B2B organization
Vice President, Marketing & Communications (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 16, 2015
A fast growing B2B organization with a lot of opportunity ahead. The challenge for the company is balancing and managing the rate of growth with maintaining corporate culture and not burning out the employees.
Relaxing, and fun environment
Payments Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 27, 2015
On a typical day, there would be between 50-65 payments to be made to various vendors. Payments could be anything dealing with utilities, non-utilities, and any other various expenses for medium to large sized companies. The management team was very well trained, and knew exactly how to answer almost any question an employee could throw their direction. The absolute hardest part of the job would have to be following up with the vendors to ensure VCCs(Virtual Credit Cards) were processed in a timely manner.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avidxchange. Our community is ready to answer.

Avidxchange Reviews by Location