Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Reports to: Director, Manufacturing
Status: 1 Exempt 0 Nonexempt
Manufacturing Engineer provides daily support of products, processes, materials, and equipment in order to achieve production goals. The engineer develops and improves manufacturing processes and works to implement changes. The engineer also works cross-functionally to transfer new products into manufacturing.
Core Job Functions:
- Support manufacturing to meet production goals.
- Devise and implement process improvements.
- Lead process validation activities (e.g., writes and executes protocol, document results in report).
- Transfer new products into manufacturing, support R&D builds.
- Create, update, and maintain manufacturing documentation.
- Resolve non-conformances and line issues.
- Interface with suppliers and key vendors.
- Adhere to company Quality System and follow GMP.
- Maintain a clean, safe and organized work environment.
- May supervise the work of technicians.
- Complete projects in an aggressive manner consistent with corporate objectives.
- Maintain corporate confidentiality at all times.
- B.S. in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering preferred
- More than 5 years of experience in medical device industry (i.e., catheter) preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and verbal communication skills to work across the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple priorities against aggressive deadlines while maintaining a high degree of quality.
- Must have excellent problem solving skills, ability to diagnose issues, find and test solutions.
- Experience with catheters and capital equipment a plus.
Indeed - 2 years ago