Job Title: Sr. Business Analyst
Reports to: John McKeon
Status: 1 Exempt 0 Nonexempt
This is a hands-on position responsible for working for Finance supporting a broad range of application-based responsibilities. The position will implement, support and enhance core business applications, processes, reporting and analytical analyses with a focus on SAP Business One and Jedox applications. The position will also work closely with IT consultants as appropriate to support key business applications being implemented and scaled to accommodate growth and changing business needs.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Based on business need and requests, collaborate with finance team to enhance reporting and data analysis leveraging from applications such as SAP Business One & related SQL/query tools, Jedox Applications, Business Intelligence and other core business solutions and applications
- Work with key Director of FP&A to implement and maintain automation of key business monthly financial reporting
- Provide timely analytical and business intelligence in support of key business activities including data mining, analysis and reporting
- Collaborate with cross-functional colleagues regarding the impacts of enhancements and process changes
- Skilled at leveraging technology tools to efficiently sift through large volumes of data in order to extract and summarize key information
- Interact with IT-based customer service personnel for business application issues and application upgrades
- Administer security with Finance and IT, based on defined procedures and roles, for business applications
- Work with IT consultants to ensure sufficient data security, back-ups and recovery procedures are adequate and working effectively
- Understand the job specific quality system procedures and processes as defined in the Training Matrix and adhere to the requirements listed in those documents.
- Maintain corporate confidentiality at all times.
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent in work experience,
- Minimum of 5-7 years progressive experience working hands-on with corporate business applications
- Four years ERP experience in implementing and maintaining, preferably tier 1-2 ERP systems
- Experience creating and implementing enterprise reports using mainstream reporting tools (e.g. Crystal reporting, Jedox applications, SAP Business One etc.)
- Experience with software validation in a Life Sciences environment
- Able to interpret fundamental business financial statements and information.
- Self-starter with strong, proactive work ethic
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to learn new tasks and a positive, service-oriented attitude
- Experience working in medical device or other parts of the life sciences industry is preferred
- Willingness to adopt and practice Avinger’s core values (patients first, fail fast, collaborate, open-mindedness, and maintain a sense of urgency)