Avion Pharmaceuticals is a rapidly growing Specialty Pharmaceutical company that is focused on Women’s Health. We are seeking a sales leader with a proven track record of success in building and leading top performing sales people. We currently have an excellent District Sales Manager opportunity for the Mid-West Region. Candidate can either work out of Pittsburgh, PA; Cleveland, OH; Cincinnati, OH or Chicago, IL.
The District Manager (DM) is responsible for the development and performance of all sales activities in an assigned market. This position directs a sales team by providing leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values. The DM will need to observe and identify market opportunities and challenges and subsequently develop, plan, implement, and follow through with action plans to positively influence opportunities and challenges within their team; this includes the development of team members towards corporate growth.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 5 years experience in the medical and/ or pharmaceutical industry
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as the ability to interface with different departments throughout the organization.
- Advanced interpersonal skills to work with individuals in the delivery of coaching and performance feedback.
- Must have strong problem-solving skills with the ability to think through and solve issues creatively.
- Ability to build rapport and relationships by interacting effectively with employees and external contacts (i.e. MD and office staff) at all levels, demonstrating the awareness of their needs and responding with the appropriate action.
- Highly effective organizational skills.
- Advanced presentation skills for the delivery of training and other corporate materials.
- Working knowledge of institution (hospital) sales environment and managed care markets.
- Advanced business analytical skills to identify trends, opportunities and threats to then determine actions to drive business or overcome challenges.
- Strong documented sales results.
- Demonstrates solid clinical product knowledge.
- Computer Skills; Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Some overnight travel may be required.
- Candidates must be able to successfully pass pre-employment background, motor vehicle and drug screens
- Previous sales management or experience as a regional sales trainer preferred.
Avion Pharmaceuticals realizes that our success as an organization is dependant upon our people. We seek aggressive, success oriented and flexible sales representatives. If you are motivated by competitive incentive compensation and career advancement opportunities, please submit your resume along with current and desired salary expectations to our Human Resources Department.
Please visit Avion Pharmaceuticals’s web site at http://www.avionrx.com/ for more information about this position and other positions within our rapidly growing company.