Avion Systems Employee Reviews

fast pace and challenging
Field Technician/HS1 (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, Ga.September 14, 2015
I loved this job. the hours were extremely long but the pay was great. it was fast paced and challenging on a daily bases. it made you think and to push yourself.
Avion was a gateway to UPS, Avion was a good company to work for and was looking forward to transtion on to UPS
ESP Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMarch 18, 2015
UPS was a great company to work with, co-workers were great in getting me up to speed with their systems. A typical day for me was monitoring all the mainframes and batch jobs. Perform daily and monthly job performance tools, including IPL'ing of operation systems and checking ChangeMan packages for daily changes. Hardest part of this job was the constant changing of the work schedule and work days. Another hard part was trying to get all the needed I.D. to preform my job. Took a bit longer to get all the access needed to complete my job at UPS.
Good Experience
RF Drive Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 24, 2014
Avion is a good company to work for with helpful staff. Everyone works hard and tries to learn more every work day.
Pros
Vehicle Provided
Cons
Sometimes working long hours
Enjoyed my co-workers trememdously
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 10, 2013
Customer satisfaction
New equipment testing
New software testing
Pros
Fitness events
Drive test engineer
Drive test engineer (Former Employee) –  Apharetta GAAugust 16, 2013
Avion system is the worst telecomunication company you will ever work for don't be fooled by the free gas card and rented car you will be given because you won't use the car freely like it's yours even when i was given a car they always come to use my car so often and lastly they will use you till you are drained and they only pay $12/hr no overtime payments you can work for 18hrs straight and you will be only paid for 7hrs you worked for instead of 18hrs,please for God sake "BEWARE OF AVION TELECOMMUNICATION SYSTEM"
Would not recommend this company to anyone..
contactor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 5, 2013
This company should be in India, because 90% of the internal employees are in India. When is comes to Staffing, Avion Systems is a joke..
Cons
this company is a joke...
professional environment
Telecom Sr. Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 29, 2013
Management is good
Recruiting
Learning new technology in telecom industry
Over all a good company to work for.
RAN DT Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 23, 2013
Hardest part of the job is having to work the maintenance window for the customer.
Pros
management and payroll personel are great and helpful.
Cons
healthcare not payed for or included in your pay. job security is at will.
Really really sad place
Executive (Former Employee) –  GAJanuary 21, 2013
I have worked for AVION for some time and have to say they really don't care about anything but MONEY... I have spoken with many others who would agree... They never call you back for jobs and when you don't have a job you are forgotten.... They don't have direct relationships with many companies they are more or less a hiring hole that submits you into hell...

They offer ZERO benefits and act especially nice when they need you and completely forget about you once you are supplying them with a pay check.... So if you want to become disposable on some short term over rated assignment then go for it...

There are lots of great companies to work for this is just not one of them...
Cons
no benefits horrible company
RF Drive Test Position
RF Drive Test (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 11, 2012
Beware any company that does not offer to pay you for training for 2 weeks. They are just being tight wads and the training left a lot to be desired. They never relayed what type of lodging I would have so here is all the info you ever wanted to know. Yes they will fly you out. You will be sharing a 3 bedroom apartment with other techs like yourself and be warned the apartment I was in was very messy (bring your own towel for showering, there is a Wal-Mart down the road from where you will be staying in Alpharetta).

I quit after the first night of training due to being put into the back of a cramped Nissan Altima for 12 hrs. Not ideal training conditions (very uncomfortable) or setup when you have to have a computer on your knees. Tech had one laptop on his pillow. I had over 4.5 years as a wireless drive tester and this is the sloppiest I've seen it in terms of equipment setup.

There were no traning manuals to review or anything.

Yes you are responsible for your flight back to your place of origin if you don't like the training/position so make sure you have money in the event something doesn't work out. You can easily take mass transit back to the airport and cost to you would be about $6 (includes a little walk to the bus line of your choice and catching the rail line direct to the airport so you don't have to rely on anyone fromt he company to take you and can leave on your own terms.

Frankly, I think the project would appear to be mismanaged and not worth it and you would figure the Project Manager would have a little more respect for people with experience but apparently
  more... they are just looking for bodies. Not worth it and there is always a risk to your life when they hire people to drive for you. If Avion Systems had the experience and expertise available, it would be one person per vehicle.  less
Cons
training informal, poor training environment, you pay own travel out of the market if not satisfied, unpaid training.
Nice company
Drive Tester UMTS (Current Employee) –  Alpheretta, GAJuly 19, 2012
Place to learn about RF-technology.

Employee and co-workers are good, they helped me a lot for getting trained, and also very helpful in solving issues in work.

Looked harder at first, but its an easy thing.

Occasionally gets a day off in 7 days a week. Some times have to work long hours.
Pros
free gas card
Cons
have to be available 24/7
Drive Tester UMTS (Current Employee) –  Alpheretta, GAJuly 19, 2012

Looked harder at first, but its an easy thing.
Pros
free gas card
Cons
have to be available 24/7
Nice Company to work
RF Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta GAJune 15, 2012
Nice Company to work in RF field.
Learn the RF technology used in wireless network.