Avis Budget Group Employee Reviews

Found 1,360 reviews matching the search
A good place to work
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 22, 2017
A typical day at work included pulling and reviewing daily reports; scheduling maintenance repairs and managing breakdown repairs; assigning jobs to technicians; managing repair cost and other expenses; training and developing employees.

I learned a great deal about multi tasking.

Hardest part of the job was being on call 7 days a week/365 a year.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with.
Pros
Company vehicle.
Cons
Constantly being on call.
Productive Work Place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 22, 2017
I've worked for Avis Budget Group for 4 years. They have great benefits such as health care, dental, vision, and 401K match.This is a fast paced environment where you get the opportunity to interact with travelers from all over the world! Great place to learn customer service skills, sales, and operations. There are opportunities for promotion.
Pros
Great Benifits, promotion opportunities
Cons
angry customers, poor managing of schedules (sometimes)
lay'ed back and simple
Car Detailer (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 20, 2017
On my feet all day in the heat of summer cleaning the ins and outs of cars and trucks. This includes vacuuming the carpet, wiping down the dash board, scrubbing the outside of the car and hosing it off.Filling out forms for trucks. Beneficial to have license.
Part time Driver
Rental Car Driver airport (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 17, 2017
The job hade two passions one was delivering cars to the hotel`s in the surrounding area. The other was servicing cars at the airport. Driving cars from the service area to the Airport Rental area to be rented.
Pros
two years of experance in rental cars
Horrible
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 17, 2017
Everyone expects you to do the job of 10 people with getting a horrible pay. No coverage for breaks or for people on vacation. Job advancement is nonexistent. Managers don't do anything and let the hourly employees do all the work. And forget getting any support from the supposed "Human Resource" department and Union
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
The whole job
A good place for Travel and Tourism
Customer Service Lead Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 17, 2017
I worked at budget for a while. It actually pushed me towards getting my degree in Travel and Tourism. The only reason I didn't pursue was because I was there when 9/11 happen and it was a scary event. Otherwise, I will recommend to learn and move forward with this company if you have the ability to move forward for that type of degree.
sometimes fun place
Shuttler (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXAugust 15, 2017
somewhat fun place to work at. you get to drive new cars. meet some celebrities when they arrive at the airport. only bad thing was working out in the sun or working when it was cold and rainy.
Pros
meet celebrities
Cons
short lunch break, weather
good people
Rental Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 15, 2017
training is not consistent, go go go environment, never know if you'll have someone to cover your breaks, management policies varies, no one listens to the no personal cell policy while on shift
Cons
no breaks
Nice Workplace
Mainframe Developer (Current Employee) –  Troy Hills, NJAugust 14, 2017
It was fun to work with Avis Budget group. Though this job seems stressful sometime. Avis has a very good management.

salary was low so looking for better opportunity.
Great people
shuttle driver (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 14, 2017
The people are fun to work with and you get to drive fun cars. The pay could be better but the job is very easy. A lot of retired people work there as a job.
Pros
great people
Cons
low pay
Great Benefits. Very stable staff. Internal promotions.
DISTRICT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 13, 2017
Growing business. Always in expansion mode. So opportunities for ambitious career minded people to get ahead. Especially if willing to relocate. Very wide range of careers within the company. Including overseas assignments. Willingness to move around highly sought after in management and is probably a prerequisite to fast tracking career.
Very nice and clean work place
Car Rental Agent (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 13, 2017
Liked working with a team of employees and management. Liked to work with many different clients from all over the world. Hardest part was nothing....
Fun & relaxing
Shuttle Driver (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaAugust 12, 2017
I have really enjoyed working with Avis/Budget for the 10 yrs that I've been there, but now all my children are grown and I'm ready for a better opportunity and money and benefits
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Breaks
Company car for a load of stress
District Manager (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 12, 2017
The shame of it is, the culture has changed. New senior management has no clue of the atmosphere location. Now it's wringing as much out of each person as possible.
Pros
company car
Cons
constant stress, outdated equipment, inconsistent support from management above
Bad place to work if youre looking for a career
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 10, 2017
Great for temporary jobs/opportunities. There is no structure far as scheduling, position, work placement. A typical day is filling in for someone else, not getting any breaks, very very fast pace and you will be working alone or little to no help. Management is VERY rude and will not tend to your break needs, schedule needs, and or relocation/work placement. This job has a LOT of turnovers! If your young and need to get your foot in the door of the job industry this job will be decent. If your looking for promotions, hiring within the company, set schedules, work place structure this is NOT the job for you.
Pros
Drive nice cars
Cons
No breaks, no set schedules, no team work, horrible management
Great Customer Service
Lube & Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 10, 2017
Print out daily report to see how many rentals an returns rentals we have for the day. Then I check an see how much staff I have to perform the cleaning plan I have to reach my production for the fleet for that day.. Next thing was to make sure all customers with or without questions where satisfied with the vehicles, as well as supervise the employees that are on the lot outside..
Wait to see what happens
Manager (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJAugust 10, 2017
Avis Budget Group is in the midst of a transformation. With car rental demand declining, rates dropping and fees to outside parties rising, the margin has slipped in recent years. The contraction of the margin has resulted in multiple years of layoffs and retirement packages being offered to higher salaried, older employees. Also, the departure of key senior leaders in the past year has brought on a feeling of uneasiness to the company. My suggestion, wait to see what happens in the next 18 month. This company could be very different by then,
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
brown interior of building, layoffs, politics
productive fun work place
Avis Budget Group - sales customer sales (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 9, 2017
great training fun enviorment but employess dont work as a team nooking to r this is the job for uot very much room for growth at this location you kinda stuck if you l
Pros
meeting people from all over the world
Cons
shift bid
Best Company I have ever worked for.
Preventative Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  SeaTac, WAAugust 9, 2017
Coworkers are great. Almost everyone is friendly, and helpful and patient when learning new skills. It can be tough when its the busy season, but the slow season allows you to still reach your hours so your bills don't suffer. I enjoy driving all the brand new vehicles and learning all the new technology.
Pros
Union
Cons
Pay is a little low for Seattle
Great Co-Workers
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJAugust 9, 2017
Always busy and hands on. Used my knowledge and learn new roles everyday. Treated employees as a team player. Well respected and treated employees fair

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avis Budget Group. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval