Avis Budget Group Employee Reviews

Found 1,046 reviews matching the search
Good Job
Rental Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 28, 2016
Great place to work as a rental sales associate beeen working here for a year and 4 months and i have grown alot as a person it can be stressful but your commison will be well worth it if your a dedicated and motivated person
Employee Condtions
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 26, 2016
THe company and management were great. THe employee benefits , pay ,and hourly rate was not good. You never got hours, company did not want to pay insurance so 20 hours was all you got.
Avis was a good job.
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 24, 2016
Avis was a decent job and the job was not very difficult . The managers and customers were all calm and collective. The work environment was nice and i had a great time working for avis.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Lots of cars
What a waste of 5 years
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 24, 2016
This is the most poorly run company of all I have seen and/or worked for. Never enough staffing to handle the call volume, peak season seems to surprise them every year and due to p*ss poor staffing plans, mandatory OT is a requirement meaning you give up any plans for an outside life.

Work life balance is non-existant - you simply work all the time. Management chooses favorites and makes no effort to hide it.

Hardest part of the job is defending company policies that are deliberately designed to confuse the customer and get them to sign for costs on their rentals that they are unaware of.
Pros
na
Cons
too many to list
Front Counter Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 15, 2016
great place to work for I loved working here! managers are nice and very reasonable, job is fun you get to meet a lot of people from around the globe!
It's Ok
General maintenance technician (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 15, 2016
This is an ok company to wok for. I wouldn't stay here forever but It isn't a bad place to start off. Alot of work for a little bit of pay. I wouldn't stay fever.
Pros
Car Discounts
Cons
Little Pay
i really enjoying working
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 14, 2016
I love helping customer and making someone else smile. I enjoyed being a team player. The hard part of the day is helping someone that is angry and you are trying to put a smile on there face
Good environment, low pay
Rental Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Bozeman, MTSeptember 9, 2016
I enjoy working with customers form all over the world, and I like my coworkers, but the pay is very low compared to other RSAs in the same airport.
Pros
Down time
Cons
low pay
Un organized
Administrative Assistant/Rental Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GASeptember 7, 2016
You never know what to expect as a typical day working for Avis. It's hectic as far as there is no organization by any means.
Fun workplace, perfect for school schedules
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 31, 2016
Poor pay though. Benefits are pretty good, commission is pretty good, management is okay. Customers for the most part are reasonable as long as you're good at explaining over and over again.
Fun Work place
Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 31, 2016
A typical day at work? Would be come to work and do as much as possible that is expected out of you for the whole day.

What you learned ? Alot of what is expected out of an leader.

Management? Excellent

Coworkers? Excellent

The hardest part of the job? N/A

The most enjoyable part of the job? Is being able to come in everyday and make yourself better than yesterday.
Pros
Money
Cons
Healthcare
Fast paced job.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAAugust 29, 2016
I used to love working at Avis Car Rental, all staff were amazing. Avis also gave good customer service. My bosses were great respectful employees. I enjoyed waking up at 7 and getting out of work at 2 on Saturdays and getting out at 12 on Sundays.
General
Agent (Current Employee) –  College Park, GAAugust 29, 2016
Long hours and average pay. Not that exciting for a college grad and no opportunity to advance at the location I worked at. Staff is okay, agents are overworked and don't look to stay long term, esp all the young recent college graduates. Decent starter job, don't get sucked in.
Pros
healthcare, bonus
Cons
short breaks, long hours, customers
Good workplace
Territory Performance Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 24, 2016
Avis is a good company with strong benefits. It has strong options for advancement. You must be willing to relocate to move up with company. They start with low pay but you can pick up salary with promotion.
Pros
Company car
fun place to work
Location Manager (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAAugust 23, 2016
always meeting people from all over the world, great environment, get to drive some fun cars

most locations are open very long hours so that's a bit rough on family life
Pros
family friendly
Cons
long hrs
Fast paced sales position
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAAugust 21, 2016
Working at Avis Budget Group was very consistent on a day to day basis. This position taught me how interpersonal skill when communicating with customers. Also at Avis Budget Group I learned how to add value to a sale by offering additional products and services to a rental agreement. This job required the ability to communicate bad news to the customer professionally, politely, and in a way they could understand.
Where work ethic comes to die
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 19, 2016
I'm a part time customer service representative and primarily deal with our Preferred customers and checking cars back in. So far, I have seen our branch go through about 10 operations managers, a parts manager, numerous drivers and counter agents, 5 rovers, 4 city managers, and 5 or 6 airport managers. Moving up here is impossible. You have to be willing to move to another location to even be considered for a management position. Most days, I feel as though I'm doing to job of two to three people while getting paid for one. I'm almost never have help, and I've been the one training one of our newest managers in our computer system. Management is very hard to find when you need them, so there are times that I get no lunch break because of how understaffed we are.
Long story short: it may just be my branch, but my experience here has been awful.
Pros
Unionized
Cons
Hard to get a break, management next to non-existant, terrible work environment
Fast paced
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 18, 2016
Good company to work for. Very busy environment. Fun to work with others in your work group. Very competitive. Not much time for life outside of work and you can get forced overtime on any given day up to 4 hrs past your shift.
Productive work environment
Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Forest View, ILAugust 17, 2016
Very easy work once you get used to it. The cars don't really be as dirty as you'll think. If you get cool with other workers and work hard time goes by fast.
Pros
Free time whenever
Cons
Managers ride your back all day
productive, fun
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Rock Springs, WYAugust 13, 2016
filing papers, answering phone, faxing.
I learned the computer rental systam doing vehicle inventory, filing paper, answering phones and faxing vehicle contracts. Management was helpful in teaching me and giving me encouragment. The hardest part was learning the computer system, but I was always so eager to learn. The most enjoyable part was also the learning of new things. To be able to broden my employment status.
Pros
was able to wear jeans and a nice shirt and take short breaks as needed
Cons
to far from town