Avis Budget Group Employee Reviews

Found 1,352 reviews matching the search
Nice Workplace
Mainframe Developer (Current Employee) –  Troy Hills, NJAugust 14, 2017
It was fun to work with Avis Budget group. Though this job seems stressful sometime. Avis has a very good management.

salary was low so looking for better opportunity.
Great people
shuttle driver (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 14, 2017
The people are fun to work with and you get to drive fun cars. The pay could be better but the job is very easy. A lot of retired people work there as a job.
Pros
great people
Cons
low pay
Great Benefits. Very stable staff. Internal promotions.
DISTRICT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 13, 2017
Growing business. Always in expansion mode. So opportunities for ambitious career minded people to get ahead. Especially if willing to relocate. Very wide range of careers within the company. Including overseas assignments. Willingness to move around highly sought after in management and is probably a prerequisite to fast tracking career.
Very nice and clean work place
Car Rental Agent (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 13, 2017
Liked working with a team of employees and management. Liked to work with many different clients from all over the world. Hardest part was nothing....
Fun & relaxing
Shuttle Driver (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaAugust 12, 2017
I have really enjoyed working with Avis/Budget for the 10 yrs that I've been there, but now all my children are grown and I'm ready for a better opportunity and money and benefits
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Breaks
Company car for a load of stress
District Manager (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 12, 2017
The shame of it is, the culture has changed. New senior management has no clue of the atmosphere location. Now it's wringing as much out of each person as possible.
Pros
company car
Cons
constant stress, outdated equipment, inconsistent support from management above
Bad place to work if youre looking for a career
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 10, 2017
Great for temporary jobs/opportunities. There is no structure far as scheduling, position, work placement. A typical day is filling in for someone else, not getting any breaks, very very fast pace and you will be working alone or little to no help. Management is VERY rude and will not tend to your break needs, schedule needs, and or relocation/work placement. This job has a LOT of turnovers! If your young and need to get your foot in the door of the job industry this job will be decent. If your looking for promotions, hiring within the company, set schedules, work place structure this is NOT the job for you.
Pros
Drive nice cars
Cons
No breaks, no set schedules, no team work, horrible management
Great Customer Service
Lube & Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 10, 2017
Print out daily report to see how many rentals an returns rentals we have for the day. Then I check an see how much staff I have to perform the cleaning plan I have to reach my production for the fleet for that day.. Next thing was to make sure all customers with or without questions where satisfied with the vehicles, as well as supervise the employees that are on the lot outside..
Wait to see what happens
Manager (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJAugust 10, 2017
Avis Budget Group is in the midst of a transformation. With car rental demand declining, rates dropping and fees to outside parties rising, the margin has slipped in recent years. The contraction of the margin has resulted in multiple years of layoffs and retirement packages being offered to higher salaried, older employees. Also, the departure of key senior leaders in the past year has brought on a feeling of uneasiness to the company. My suggestion, wait to see what happens in the next 18 month. This company could be very different by then,
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
brown interior of building, layoffs, politics
productive fun work place
Avis Budget Group - sales customer sales (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 9, 2017
great training fun enviorment but employess dont work as a team nooking to r this is the job for uot very much room for growth at this location you kinda stuck if you l
Pros
meeting people from all over the world
Cons
shift bid

Want to know more about Avis Budget Group?

Ask a question
Best Company I have ever worked for.
Preventative Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  SeaTac, WAAugust 9, 2017
Coworkers are great. Almost everyone is friendly, and helpful and patient when learning new skills. It can be tough when its the busy season, but the slow season allows you to still reach your hours so your bills don't suffer. I enjoy driving all the brand new vehicles and learning all the new technology.
Pros
Union
Cons
Pay is a little low for Seattle
Great Co-Workers
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJAugust 9, 2017
Always busy and hands on. Used my knowledge and learn new roles everyday. Treated employees as a team player. Well respected and treated employees fair
Avis Budget Group
Performance Excellence Leader (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 8, 2017
Avis Budget Group, Inc. is a leading global provider of mobility solutions, both through its Avis and Budget brands, which have more than 11,000 rental locations in approximately 180 countries around the world, and through its Zipcar brand,

which is the world's leading car sharing network, with more than one million members. Avis Budget Group operates most of its car rental offices in North America, Europe and Australia directly, and operates primarily through licensees in other parts of the world.

Avis Budget Group has approximately 30,000 employees and is headquartered in Parsippany, N.J.
This is the wrong company.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESNTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Elizabethton, TNAugust 8, 2017
I actually worked for Cendant Corporation as a Customer Service Representative. It is no longer in operation. It was an okay job, but I don't really like sales.
Horrible expierence
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 8, 2017
privately owned franchise, manager was the owner who never took responsibility and blamed everyone else. Was not a nice place to go, manager was not fair, bad communication, would tell me to come in and then say he didnt tell me I was supposed to be there but i could stay for an hour, even with proof that he did tell me to come in.
Location Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAAugust 8, 2017
This place really treated everyone great, good pay and benefits. Amazing training, room for advancement here and I would recommend to everyone that is looking for this field of work.
Not your ideal workplace
Rental Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 7, 2017
Stressful job where customers are the rudest, company doesn't follow thru with product that they advertise on website making the job unpleasant. Other employers are snakes and will throw you under the bus at any given opportunity.
fun fast paced environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 6, 2017
I loved working at Avis Budget Group, if I could go back I would. I really enjoyed meeting new people every day from countries I'd never even heard of. The hardest part of the job would be making sure you get the keys from the customer because often times they are in such a hurry you don't have enough time to examine the care, print their receipt, resolve complaints, and then remember to not let them walk away with the key.
For starters
Service anget, return anget (Current Employee) –  865 w mokuea pl. kahalui, HI, 96732August 6, 2017
Avis and Budget group is good for build up your experience for a long run, management is very poor. Depending on what department you in it's very stressful. Overall the co-workers makes the job fun and meet a lot friendly locals out there, give a lot aloha and never back you down.
Pros
Co-workers treat as family, good experience
Cons
Short breaks, poor management
Management knew the direction and let the worker know that direction.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 4, 2017
Great place to work. Most the the people was in the same age group. No tension, some fun! Even during working hours. To bad accounting department is gone and most other departments.
Pros
Great place to work.
Cons
No downside to this company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avis Budget Group. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval