Avis Budget Group

Avis Budget Group Employee Reviews

Always challenging, slow in technology, IT changes flow very slow, Excellent top management, drive the company thru tough time and has emerged strong.
Actually My position is Controller (Current Employee), Puerto RicoAugust 25, 2015
I met with other managers to discuss status of the operations. I normally provide operational reports to share where we are on reservations, price and how we track results compare to plan/forecast/prior – more... year. Information is gather on store basis and accordingly a full month projection is estimated. I will review agreements to be negotiated, I will approve Bill of Sales and sign all documentations. Between others will review account conciliations with FA.

I have gather a lot of experience in budgeting, forecasting, and learn to manage a team of employees and develop them for the benefit of the company.

Because my door are always open to my co workers I have an excellent team, and work flows.

Deal with Government agencies, normally I deal filing many returns and re-newing liscence, etc. Normally very difficult and challenging. – less
Fun Experience,Travel Time
Car Shuttler (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 25, 2015
Pros: travel time
Cons: long hours on the roads
It Was ATypical Job Travel Long Hours I Learned WaysTo Different Stated n Traffic Routes, Roules And Regulations For Different States,And Time Management Skills For Mulitiple Trips,
Mulit tasking job with an fair and enjoyable owner/operater
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee), Vienna, OhioAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Great owner/operater.
Cons: No healthcare.
Booking and renting vehicles. Booking via phone and walk-ups. Washing and maintaining car upkeep. DOS computer operating system. Keeping office area clean and organized.
great company and commissions
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 22, 2015
great company great commissions just could not work overnight>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
great company to work for if you like working in a fast pace ambiance. I worked cosistently with customers assuring them a postive rental experience.
Rental Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: not enough vehicles
Busy work environment with supportive co-workers and management.As a individual you will learn how to stay professional as well as advance in your multitasking skills.
Just Wonderful
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT-SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Great Customers, Great Facility
Cons: The Meetings Were of no Relevance to the Actual Job
This company is so understanding. 80% able to locate clients by systems used. They teach you so well on how to map your clients location just from Bing Maps or Google Maps.
to reandcact with coustomers
Detailer/Driver (Former Employee), Redmond, ORAugust 16, 2015
Pros: driving, fun job, new exsperiences
Cons: none
this job help me with a driving position and to help me learn detail and clean up skills it also gave me a since of pride to beadle to give a customer a clean and safe ride to there destinations
Fun place to work to meet different people from all over the world.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), St. Croix Virgin IslandsAugust 15, 2015
Pros: Money
Cons: Holidays away from familty
Consulted with customers to recommend vehicles based on needs and budget.

I learned about how to build rapport with customers and how to give directions.

Management was awesome. Always there when needed and had our back.

Coworkers were awesome to work with and easy to get along with

There wasn't really a hard part, everything was easy and effortless.

I enjoyed everything
Sas Analyst (Former Employee), Parsippany NJAugust 13, 2015
I was an operational Research Analyst at Avis. While I worked there, I was rewarded with two promotions based on my performance, I was excellent at understanding and analyzing user requirements and work on the specific data from few hundred thousands of records collected everyday.
Easy work enviornment with a free atmosphere
Rental Sales Associate (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 12, 2015
Pros: freedom to speak with customer and sales .
Cons: lack of communication and the workplace isnt so organized.
This is an interesting company to work for. I love my position because its not closed in meaning I have the opportunity to tweak our script to make it fit most to the customer I'm serving. I rent cars to the public daily and its awesome. The growth is not available right now and the company could use some stability.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Romulus, MIAugust 12, 2015
Ive been with the company since 1997 and i love it . Co workers and bosses are great . This was my first job the hardest part is working outdoors in the winter time .
Work on a great team
West Sales Associate (Current Employee), Appleton, WIAugust 12, 2015
Pros: working on a great team, bonus ability
Cons: pay, health care
I work with a team of 70 other Avis/Budget account reps. I really enjoy having a base of 700 accounts to manage and being able to build relationships with them. The hard part is making people change their ways when it is something Avis has done to make them stop using us. (Delta partnership) I have gained many great selling techniques and knowledge of account management.
Good management, flexible hours
Branch Manager Trainee (Current Employee), San Luis Obispo, CAAugust 12, 2015
Worked with the company for two years. Not a lot of room for growth but does have its perks. Enjoyable place to work and reasonable hours. You have to deal with a lot of different people which can be a challenge but you learn to cope with this.
Extremely high stress
Rental Sales Associate (Former Employee), Indianapolis, IN AirportAugust 11, 2015
Pros: insurance
Cons: High Stress, micro managing, working every holiday
In the beginning it's a great place to work, especially at the airport. Then after your training you will realize how everything works. If you don't make an upsell, or sell coverage the rental days on – more... the contract counts against your commission pay. The more days you accumulate without any sales the lower your commission will be. So you are being penalized for the sales you have already secured. You will see your coworkers avoiding rentals by running to the break room or talking on the phone too long. It gets to the point where it upsets you. To top it off, you will be dealing with stressed out customers who been traveling all day taking their frustrations out on you. Then having to deal with micro managing, phone calls from customers disputing their bill, lost and found issues and whining coworkers who complain everyday about how they hate their job. It is a vicious cycle that will stress you out! To make high commissions you have to be willing to take advantage and manipulate your customers. International travelers are the main ones who get taken advantage of. Many of them have no idea what their daily rate is or they understand very little English and you can stick it to them. When they have full credit vouchers you can load it up on them. Rental Associates at the Indy Airport have ran the well dry. Most of the vouchers now have upsells and coverages blocked leaving you with little or no opportunity to make any money. My advice is if you have other employment offers, I would consider looking into those offers. Avis Budget Group at the Indianapolis Airport is by far the worst place to work at. This is a HIGH STRESS environment that will suck the life out of you. I would not lie about this because the amount of stress I had to deal with will make you take it out on people close to you. – less
Wonderful Job
Rental Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Great pay, Great boss, Wonderful team
Cons: heat
I loved going to work every day! Getting to help customers find the right vehicle for them and their families to take a trip. I learned a lot about different cars that I never thought I would learn.  – more... The management was amazing and willing to help in any way possible. My co-workers were hard working and we were all a great team. The hardest part of the job was the heat in San Antonio. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to drive the cars. – less
Good Company to work for
Property Claims Examiner (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAAugust 9, 2015
Company Libility department has outsourced. I would still be with the company and not thinking about leaving. Great plae to work, just a lot of work but manageable.
No room for growth
Car Rental Agent (Former Employee), Ontario, CA (payless)August 9, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: Everything
Payless Ontario is a very small location, poor management and no room for growth. Everyone that works at this place will end up quitting within 4 to 5 months. Its a okay place to work if you are just looking to make some quick money but not long term. it's not a job you can take seriously.
Interesting Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKAugust 6, 2015
Very stressful place to work. There is very little support to the employee by the managers. It was hard to work there. You knew more about what you did that was wrong, than what you did that was right.
productive
Customer Service Skills
Communication Skills
Organization Skills
Analytical Skills
Very Very Busy, Constantly on your feet, colleagues are fun to work with, management was difficult at times. The hardest p
Avis Budget Group- Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Manchester, NHAugust 5, 2015
Pros: Good team.
Cons: Management did not divide work evenly.
Fun work place, great team environment if everyone does there part. Lacking in employees need more workers. Commission is great if you really try and earn it.
Industry