Avis Budget Group Employee Reviews

Found 1,177 reviews matching the search
A challenging and fast paced work environment that provides valuable experience.
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDDecember 29, 2016
Working at AvisBudget has been a valuable experience. We rent cars and moving trucks on a daily basis. Workload varies from sparse daily rentals in the dead of winter to nonstop business in the summer. Co-workers and management work very cohesively together and communication is key to handling large amounts of reservations. The most difficult part of the job is dealing with disappointed or angry customers, but this has made me adept at handling these situations. The most enjoyable portion of the job would be completing large contracts without any issues.
Pros
Free lunch, discount rentals
Cons
As an intern I do not receive benefits
it's okay
agent/combination (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 7, 2017
When working at a local office, depending on the manager, the hours can be pretty flexible which is a good thing if you're a student. However, the salary is not worth the amount of work. Corporate has a tendency to blame the local store for everything even when corporate is actually responsible for most of the issues that occurs at the local branch. Some of the regional managers seem to never have worked behind the desk; therefore, they're usually are not able to understand things that occurs at the local level. Overall it is an okay job, however, customers can be very rude and very demanding at times. If one does not have patience and calmness, I would not recommend this job for him or her.
horrible place to work. stay away
oil changer,car washer (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAJanuary 15, 2017
Worked as a service agent and hated it. They hire u just to have someone to pick on basically. They have favorites no matter how hard u wrk, it will not be reconized. The counter manager was very dirty and had an attitude all the time. Too much drama, they talk behind ur bk. They very unappreciative.pay is horrible, no benifits no holiday pay, nothinggggg. The service manager spend most of his,time with the counter manager, then pops up with drama. U can and will get fired for absolutely nothing.
Pros
nice cars sometimes
Cons
everything else.
good management both local and district i think a lot of the company problems derive from policy
Rental Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLOctober 22, 2016
above average work/life balance. typical day includes alot of customer interaction i learned a great deal about sales. very good sales training. competent management willing to help and flexiable. maintaing consistently high numbers in both sales and customer satisfaction in limited fleet situations the hardest part of the job. the daily interactions with new people from all over the world definitly the most enjoyable aspect of the job
benefits
Cons
very high turnover rate
Fun work place, Driving cars around.
Fleet Driver (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJJanuary 30, 2017
Get in around 8:15 am and check in with my supervisor and start with my first work assignment. Team up with another driver and drive a car from the yard to another Avis location in the tristate area. Drop off a car and either pickup a car from that location and take it to a different location or check in with my supervisor and pickup a car from another location and bring it back to the yard. This continues to the end of the day which is around 5:30pm or if the runs have ended for the day.
Pros
Always moving
Cons
No benefits
loved working at the airport, and with coworkers
key attendant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 5, 2017
inventory of the cars. key board up to date. add keys, deliver cars, greet customers, give them keys. Change over contracts for new car. Help with gps and other questions about cars. managment loved, coworkers consider all friends. Hardest part working every weekend and every holiday. greeting the customers.
Pros
full time job with customer
Cons
working every holiday and weekend, min wage with only 5 cent raise in a year
Very productive
Shuttle Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 30, 2016
I love my job at Avis, I've been in the rental car industry over 33 years. Avis benefits are excellent, 401 k, discounts on rentals are a plus. Yet you must understand in the rental car industry you work 24/7, & 365. You work all shifts, if you expect weekends or holidays off, only if you have seniority. As you aquire years of service benefits get even better. You must have a certain kind of personality to be in this industry. You meet people from all over the world. Yes I live working for Avis, wouldn't change it.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
To me none
Long hours, high stress with customers
Territory Performance Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 16, 2016
ABG used to be a great company to work for. They no longer care about their employees. Decent salary, management works 50 hours a week minimum. If you are in management you get a free car which is great. I worked their for 14 years and the companies upper management continues to downgrade as senior leaders retire. Glad I got out when I did I see this company moving in the wrong direction. They will have to continue to buy competition to succeed.
Pros
Free car, gas
Cons
No employee loyalty
Dead end job
Rental Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CADecember 17, 2016
If you like to get paid little to no money with out benefits or incentives, then this is a job for you. Working for Avis is not a good career choice unless you work for the actual company. Most of thier locations are individually owned and those owners are complete penny pitchers. This leaves you without any room to grow within the company.
Pros
Too much down time
Cons
Too much down time
Wonderful experience.
Administrative Assistant to the City Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 4, 2017
Loved working there because of the health benefits. Management was very helpful and some seem to always care about the well being of their employees.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Lazy Managers, Raise was not beneficial per year.
fast pace fun sales
AVIS/BUDGET GROUP SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 13, 2016
As a truck supervisor, my daily duties involved looking over daily and weekly car and truck rentals for the location I was at. I would have to organize larger (Sale) vehicles to be moved to my location to ensure I had a perfect vehicle to upsale and offer. Daily and weekly PMCSing (vehicle maintenance). Daily, weekly and monthly sales goals and team meetings.
Pros
Paid birthdays off, fun sales/competition
Cons
benefits, random breaks
Good Times...Bad Times
Operations Manager II (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 29, 2016
Worked for Avis for 3 years as Operations Manager. Perks- free company car (pay for no gas/ insurance), travel to a different state can fill up at Avis Airport locations, good medical insurance, good 401k, can get your schedule 2 or 3 weeks in advance. There is room for promotion if you are brown nosing or know someone of higher level in the company. Cons- long hours. Management is expected to work 10hrs only paid for 8 (feel like they compensate that with the company car) and as always the airport doesn't close so doesn't rental car. Turn-over is high due to employees conditions of having to be outside in all conditions of weather along with managers.
Worst company to work for
Rental Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 23, 2017
This company doesn't care about employee. Treat employees like trash worst company to work for. They lay you off then call you back then lay you off three months later. I was laid off twice some people laid off three or more times. Don't waste your time working for this company they will treat you like trash.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Schedule and lay off every year
Very Difficult transition
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 9, 2017
A very difficult and hostile environment during Holidays and Summer time. Very difficult transition, but once you get more acclimated to the environment and work structure, it gets better. Must have a will for a fast pace environment.
Pros
responsibility, cross-training
Cons
Hostile, high-turnovers, jobs not in job discription, dangerous repo jobs, horrible healthcare options, no 401k
fun and profitable
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 21, 2017
your compensation reflects your work here. You are rewarded for great sales and notifced when you do well. Not for those who do not want to work hard. If you are willing to put in the hard work you will reap the benefits
It's a good place to work and to meet new people
Porter (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 2, 2017
My whole time I've been working it's been good.The employees are nice and the people which is the customer's are nice.The job is based om cleaning cars, doing deliverys and picking people up with no transportation.Also inspect cars with damage and report it.
Pros
Very relaxing job
Cons
No benefits
Prefer no to answer
Courtesy Driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 25, 2017
Avis Rent A Car is a great place to work. The employees are treated with respect and they offer a decent benefits packet. The downside was that there was no advancement opportunities for me at Avis Rent A Car.
Productive and fun place to work for
Reservations Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VADecember 7, 2016
this was an awesome place to work for. the management team was awesome. Training was great, incentives were awesome. There is room to grow. And if the reservations center didn't move to Canada I would still be there. Plus they had awesome benefits.
Great place to work with excellent employees
Rental Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 15, 2017
I work at an airport location, so the work is pretty steady.I am searching for an excellent opportunity to work as a sales associate in a car rental agency in Phoenix,az where my experience and skills are utilized.
Pros
great benefits and pay
Cons
cold winters
Very productive and fast pace on a daily basis
Car Rental Agent (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CADecember 4, 2016
I go from washing cars outside to being inside the office answering phones constantly, and at the same time helping customers with either creating reservations or checking in their rental car.
Pros
I get paid on time
Cons
I have yet to get a raise

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avis Budget Group. Our community is ready to answer.