Avis Budget Group Employee Reviews

fun enviornment
Avis Budget Group Rental sales associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 3, 2017
great team and environment to be at. everything is based on seniority. pay is very competitive and motivating to make you want to go to work. you get paid based on commission.
Pros
great pay & benefits
Cons
lay offs due to budget cuts
Franchise location
rental sales agent (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXSeptember 29, 2017
Management is bad, the only reason I stayed was because the graveyard shift worked with my schedule for school. I worked there for a year. On my one year anniversary, no raises, and they only gave me 5 days vacation (40 hrs). Management does not treat their employees equally. This is a franchise location, so they are not part of corporate, so they run things a little differently.
Pros
Lots of down time
Cons
Poor management, poor benefits, franchise location
productive work place
Rental Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYSeptember 28, 2017
On a typical work day I would enter data into computer/answer phones/made copies/entered vehicle VIN#'s in system/rent cars to customers all over the world
Pros
lunches/rent a cars discounts
Cons
breaKS/LNCHES
Nice jobs to make living
Lead Agent (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXSeptember 27, 2017
Limited way to advance.. Want to retire in 2 or 3 years. Business growing fast more stressful when out of cars. Demand are high on sales sales sales sales
Pros
Match 401
Cons
Not enough money on raises
fun environment that encouraged growth and rewarded said growth
Rental Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 27, 2017
I loved loved loved my job. I loved watching myself become a fairly great salesperson. I loved being able to hone my customer service/ effective communication skills. I loved those moments when things did not as planned and I was able to used my problem solving/ decision making skills. I absolutely loved the environment for allowing me to evolve into a person who would drop everything and capitalize on an opportunity to come to N.Y. at the last minute; a risk taker.
The Management Team at ABG cultivated a highly fearless individual in me. For that alone I will be forever thankful. I am so much more confident in my talents and abilities (not just my ability as a worker) because of my experiences there. Whether I make it on a big stage or not I am prepared to try, and try, and try, and try, and try until I hit pay dirt or die!!!! I have truly learned the art of selling a product.

Each day was challenging but enormously rewarding. Sometimes we didn't have care available
that were reserved however, the management team always encouraged us to take the initiative to ensure our guests received the best possible car rental experience; to use our discretion to "close the deal" and create a win win situation.
We were empowered to satisfy customers using the tools at our disposal thus solidifying repeat business.
Pros
holiday dinners provided, gift cards for "going the extra mile", always supportive
Cons
n/a
Employee Appreciation Events
Assistant to City Manager (Former Employee) –  College Park, GASeptember 27, 2017
Avis is a pretty nice place to work. There are some issues, but what company doesn't. A great supporter of issues that effected the employees; i.e. Cancer, Diabetes, Autism. We did fund raisers every year.
Pros
Free lunch occassionally, free dinner for working employees on Christmas/Thanksgiving
Cons
Favoritism
Company had internal issues when I was a new hire
City (Area) Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UtSeptember 27, 2017
During the time that I was being trained as a new city manager with Avis Car rental they were undergoing some internal purging to remove some of the stale and too comfortable managers that were not pulling their weight. With this huge task taking place I was caught in the middle of managers that were training me and regional VP's who were slowly weeding out the sick and their disagreements as to how the process was taking place and trying to remain neuteral as a new hire and having those you are trusting for accurate training pressuring you one direction and then on the other side having your soon to be boss the regional VP asking you to spy on these managers training their replacement. The whole situation was a disaster.....
Pros
Company Car, Monthly Bonus and good benefits in general
Cons
Too much drama and a serious lack of mature communication.
Fast paced car detailer
Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHSeptember 26, 2017
A typical work day entailed detailing several cars and helping numerous customers. I learned to be more social, how to manage my time wisely and how to go above and beyond the expectations. The business was constantly finding itself under new management. The workplace culture was diverse. The hardest part of the job was having to clean an entire car in a matter of minutes. The most enjoyable part of the job is when all the cars were cleaned and business was slow.
Pros
I got to drive really nice cars.
Cons
I was not old enough to rent any of the cars.
Hostile work environment
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  IAH HoustonSeptember 25, 2017
harassment, bullying, backstabbing, not enough employees, extremely long hours, no help ( you literally feel alone) begging coworkers for help. They do not stop the reservations from coming in when there are no more cars to rent. You are told to give body damaged, high mileage, cracked windshields, bad tires, and out of service vehicles. People have 10 to 25 years of employment and never given the opportunity to move up. This place taught me the true meaning of dishonesty and corruption.
Pros
Car and gas
Cons
Airport A manager and District Manager
was a great place to work
El Paso/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 25, 2017
Rental car business
rental truck paperwork
was the easiest job. wish they would've gave me some notice before laying me off.
Working with local and corp companies. Having to deal with customer about bad and good experiences.
Pros
flexibilty schedule
Cons
no benefits
Busy work place, but no fair pay.
Shuttler (Current Employee) –  DCASeptember 24, 2017
It is one of the busiest work area.
To get the work done on a timely basis I always work hard with my colleagues.
Working hard for customer satisfaction is my motivation .
I like the work place and my colleagues.
What I don't like is the pay- it is unfair compared to its area like D.C.
Pros
Good work place
Cons
Unfair pay
Maintenance Supervisor/Rental Agent (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZSeptember 23, 2017
Working in the car rental industry is not for everyone. It can be fast paced. But since it is located at a small regional airport, it usually a slow pace throughout the day.
FT Fleet Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kenner, LASeptember 22, 2017
Great place to work. It's a learning experience and still awaiting the good that is steady coming. Avis Budget Group is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Fast paced business
Customer Service & Detail service Agent (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 22, 2017
I did numerous jobs with this company from shuttling customers to detailing cars for customers who reserved them. I also did outside Customer Service, which involved giving customers there receipts for there rental car.
Pros
driving nice cars and learning different tasks
Cons
low pay
Avis Budget gives you an opportunity to make a career
Sales (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CASeptember 22, 2017
Avis Budget is a great place to work if you are looking for a career. Lots of different opportunities and company is committed to be at the forefront in the transportation industry.
Pros
Ability to grow within the company
Great idea to merge many operations between avis and budget into one over lapping company..
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  White Plains NYSeptember 19, 2017
Good people low pay. Fun to work at but many hours for low pay. Many people have to work a second job to make ends meet. Company however is very well organized and continually trying to evolve to keep up.
Monster this is not a good practice
Dual Lead Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 18, 2017
i dont want to write a review for every job i've put on my resume just to complete this process. Monster... this is bad business considering it's all the same company
It was overall an okay experience
Accountant/Customer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 16, 2017
I would recommend working here if you get paid enough. You get to meet people, make customers, learn how the computer still run on dos, LOL. It's a learning experience.
not interested
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 15, 2017
Not interested in giving this informatioe forced to fill in the information.Not interested in giving this information and should not be forced to fill in the information.
good company to work for
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 13, 2017
in general is a great company for a summer job, schedules are bad and management dont help you accomodate your school/work schedules and time paid is not that great

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avis Budget Group. Our community is ready to answer.