Avis Budget Group Employee Reviews

Found 1,118 reviews matching the search
Learning Experience
Auto Body Detailer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 5, 2016
Working for Avis Budget Group was an experience that I will never forget. Although it's one of the largest rental car associations, employees did not obtain great benefits. While we worked 8-12 hour shifts daily, we received the same rates as customers for vehicles and had a limited selection of vehicles we could choose from.Lunch breaks were extremely limited, if there were no other employees available to cover your shift, then you wouldn't be able to take a lunch. Most importantly, there were no security on site for the aggressive customers.
Pros
Excessive down time, television in lobby, meet people from around the world
Cons
Short lunch breaks, no cafeteria, ordered food everyday, short staff
Rental Sales Agent
Budget Group, Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Burlingame, CAJuly 15, 2016
Sell Coverage, Upgrades, Fuel, and Walk-Up
Management was unethical
People I worked with were great

San Francisco Payless Rental Location
Pros
good salary, meet a lot of people
Cons
poor work life balance, management was unethical
It was a fun place to work.
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 16, 2016
The typical day was spent taking inbound calls to book reservations for car rentals. I learned how to sell the product. The co-workers were very nice and very diverse.
Pros
The benefits and flexibility of schedules were the best I've seen.
Cons
The reservation center I worked in relocated, so I was forced to obtain another job. But, they held a job fair on the premises, gave you time to meet future employers, and provided a severance
Keep Away from Hilton Head and New Bern
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCJune 27, 2016
The Agency owner has no honor. He does not care about the vehicles, nor about the locations, nor about the customers and definitely not anything to do with the staff. Keep away and work somewhere else. For your family life, your professional life and your sanity.
Pros
All the change you can find in the cup holder
Cons
no breaks, no meals, no life, no benefits, no commission
What a waste of 5 years
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 24, 2016
This is the most poorly run company of all I have seen and/or worked for. Never enough staffing to handle the call volume, peak season seems to surprise them every year and due to p*ss poor staffing plans, mandatory OT is a requirement meaning you give up any plans for an outside life.

Work life balance is non-existant - you simply work all the time. Management chooses favorites and makes no effort to hide it.

Hardest part of the job is defending company policies that are deliberately designed to confuse the customer and get them to sign for costs on their rentals that they are unaware of.
Pros
na
Cons
too many to list
Great company great rewards and benefits
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 7, 2016
I'm A courtesy Van driver for Avis Budget in Portland OR and it's been great if your A people person and don't mind dealing with traffic dealing with multiple personality's and helping people with bags and info then this is the job for you .Avis Budget Group pay every other Friday 'gives discounts on rental car to there employee's after 90 days ,and have great benefits.
Long Hours...Great Perks...Bad WorkLife Balance
Operations Manager II (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 6, 2016
Avis is a great company but theres' a cost in management. Perks free company car, free gas, (no car insurance or car note). The work hours are long due to airport transportation so Avis never closes. The company cares so much about the customer, instead of their employees. The company shows employee appreciation near voice of the employee survey time (kissing behinds). Potential to move up is slim due to you having to brown noise multiple hire ups which says... "your making your brand". I have learned that its important to appreciate your employees as well as your customers. Your employees are your first customers, it cant operate without them. The most enjoyable part of the job were the perks.
Pros
Perks
Cons
Long hours, lack of employee and management recognition
Job Culture is very secretive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLMarch 18, 2016
Everything is done in secret. There is a pushy sales culture where every year the environment gets worse. You improve, yet they want more and more. They max out on yearly bonus, yet the managers push for even more. Once you have made enough money for them-they secretly push you out the door. Ive never been a part of such a secretive company where HR and upper management thrive on turning everyone against everyone else. The operation managers do there best, but most things are out of there control.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Upper Management - Pushy Sales Culture
A good place to work
Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYJuly 13, 2016
Family like environment, good manager and the team.

Salary was lower that average.

Was employed there a long time ago so it's hard to remember the details but in general was left with a good feeling about the company.
good place to work, but the company comes before employees
Learning & Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMay 15, 2016
good benefits. good work life balance. the people are what make this company good to work for. However, when decisions are made, the company's interest will always come before concern for the employee.
Fun as a first job
Rental sales associate (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 10, 2016
I assisted customers with their vehicle rentals and ensuring positive customer experience. and also promoted additional products and services.
Pros
Good as a first job, flexible hours
Cons
no benefits, pay by pay check, little room for advancing.
Overall a great place to work
Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXFebruary 13, 2016
I loved everything about my job. I worked in a local reservation center here. Training was provide on site and the support from the management team was great. We received regular pay increases and awesome monthly sales incentives. Excellent job benefits center was convient to get to and atmosphere a great place to work. My co-workers and the management staff overall was very supportive. I had great monthly incentive bonuses ranging from $300 on the slower periods up to $2000.00 in the busy travel season
Pros
Great work atmosphere and management
Cons
Our jobs were outsourced
Good hourly pay
Counter Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 7, 2016
The hourly pay is fine, however no benefits were provided since this was a private agency. A typical work day would begin before 7am and end well after 5:30pm. The hardest part of the job is the driving back and forth as well as making sure you pick up other customers in a timely manner.
Pros
The Pay
Cons
No Benefits and no raises
A great place to work for retired individuals looking to stay busy.
Lead Offlot and Onlot Driver/Vehicle Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 26, 2016
Avis/Budget is a pace not for someone wanting to gain a career and advance in something. Avis/Budget is great for teens coming out of high school or retired people to stay out the house. Management advancement is not likely to happen and pay is definitely underpaid. This job is really easy for those who like and know how to work and perform leadership roles. A hard day at work is when there are no vehicle to provide customers and complaints pile up. An easy day is when cars are available and coworkers want to show up. Management usually watches everyone work from the parking lot while smoking and just talks about non related work material. The managers do not empathize for their employees or fix the hours when suppose to. I'm still missing over $1000 that is piling up since January of this year.
Pros
Easy Job
Cons
Pay is low, Employee care is mistreated.
Great workplace
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COApril 24, 2016
It was a great place to work, the job offered many challenges to keep you on your toes the company also has great benefits.
Pros
made extra money on commision
Cons
some nights are very slow, management can be stressful at times
Fast Paced, Fun Rides
Local Market Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXNovember 2, 2016
Keep the line moving and up-sell all you can. Customers needs and sales goals are unattainable. All Owner/Operators employ a variety of methods to achieve these arbitrary goals even when corporate decides to under stock a year's inventory on purpose. Interesting course in meeting objectives under a variety of conditions through many channels. Metrics for success are arbitrary and can be met without ever actually increasing bottom line or sales goals.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Customers, Logistics Management Software
fast-paced work environment
Rental Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMarch 20, 2016
fast paced work environment.
The hardest part of the job is advancement, if you wish to advance you have to move away.
They have a great sales training and lots of resources for continual training, if you wish to take advantage of them.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Scheduling and the hours
Where work ethic comes to die
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 19, 2016
I'm a part time customer service representative and primarily deal with our Preferred customers and checking cars back in. So far, I have seen our branch go through about 10 operations managers, a parts manager, numerous drivers and counter agents, 5 rovers, 4 city managers, and 5 or 6 airport managers. Moving up here is impossible. You have to be willing to move to another location to even be considered for a management position. Most days, I feel as though I'm doing to job of two to three people while getting paid for one. I'm almost never have help, and I've been the one training one of our newest managers in our computer system. Management is very hard to find when you need them, so there are times that I get no lunch break because of how understaffed we are.
Long story short: it may just be my branch, but my experience here has been awful.
Pros
Unionized
Cons
Hard to get a break, management next to non-existant, terrible work environment
good environment to work but little to no advancement opportunities.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 20, 2016
management and supervisors treated employees well and the environment was a place to work. but had little to no advancement opportunities within the company.
great place to work
Rental Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 2, 2016
its a great job, but.....the pay can be more competitive. and management can be a little more empathetic. its a pretty good job. there just isn't enough room for advancement. I wanted this job to grow with the company.
Pros
pretty much unsupervised enviroment
Cons
too much gossip/favortism

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avis Budget Group. Our community is ready to answer.