Avis Budget Group

Avis Budget Group Employee Reviews

enjoyed team workwith coworkers,work envoirment was coperative,Manager,Supervisor were helpful
Avis Budget Group-Insurance Claims Specialist (Former Employee), parsippany,NJMarch 24, 2015
was great place to work with excellent&coperative envoirment with coworkers. The work I started had no experience but was eager to train me as they saw me I like something to learn new. I proved I was quick learner. THE Work flow was never backed up.
Great place to gain customer service experience
Airport Lead Rental Agent (Current Employee), Kansas City, Mo Kansas City international airportMarch 23, 2015
Pros: ability to earn extra money through commission
Cons: stressful due to high tempered customers
Work mostly consists of creating contracts for customers and placing them in a vehicle car class previously reserved. And bringing in customers without reservations.
I have gained sales experience by offering extra products not originally reserved and explaining the benefits. And up selling into a car class that better suits the customer.
Management does what they are able to make the business run smooth and to bring profit.
My co-workers make the environment enjoyable and back you up in tough situations.
The hardest part is appealing to the customers with high tempered personalities and turning down customers who don't qualify for renting a vehicle.
I enjoy socializing with the customers and creating return customers.
Fun enjoyable job
auto service rep (Former Employee), Patrick Henry Airport Newport News Va.March 20, 2015
Pros: worked part time and on call, enjoyed the work
Cons: salary wasn't much
Performed auto detailing and Car transfer from Airport to Airport.
Enjoyed being able to drive different types of new cars all the time.
Excellent place
Front Desk Advisor/ Car Washer (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMarch 20, 2015
im very impressed with the managers. i was treated so well. they treated me like family. they treated me with so much respect.
Team Leader (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMarch 19, 2015
Pros: casual dress
Cons: limited opportunities for advancement.
Great place to work. Great place to work. Great place to work. Great place to work. Great place to work. Great place to work. Great place to work. Great place to work. Great place to work.
Fleet Manager (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 16, 2015
it day review the two cities check with my employees check with the needs for day meeting with co worker. The hardest part covering both cities the workers was the best thing
Good Job for starting out in sales
Rental Sales Associate (Current Employee), Charleston, SCMarch 16, 2015
Pros: you get to drive nice cars
Cons: not a lot of break time if any at all some days
There really is no way to say it's a typical job. Things change day by day. Some days we have to many cars. Others we don't have enough. As far as dealing with customers in general is easy. Most of them know what they want or what they are getting. The management for the most part is supportive. The down side is it is constantly changing when it comes to new rules and what cars you can up sell and which ones have to go immediately. Hardest part of the job is just knowing what you have and making sure you don't send out the wrong car.
the comapny as a whole
Rental specialist (Former Employee), Aventura, FLMarch 13, 2015
Pros: get to drive fancy cars
Cons: management
a very well organized company. the franchise owner was a very unprofessional individual. the work load was fairly easy and the environment was fun.
enjoyed working with few co workers
Budget Corporation- Sales and (mainly) Admin work (Former Employee), mesquite txMarch 10, 2015
Pros: co workers
Cons: management staff
Enjoyed some of the people I worked with
learned how to open and close a car rental contract
how to handle insurance claims
hardest part of the job was the customers and them not understanding our limitations
worst part is the operator was nice but his wife who worked there as well was the meanest person to me..
Learning experience.
Avis Budget Car Group, Customer Service/ Email Rep (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 9, 2015
Pros: great benefits.
Cons: long hours with out lunches.
Making sure you are meeting the needs of the business and satisfying the customers to highest level in customer service.

I liked my co-workers. I like meeting new people and learning their techniques in regards to customer satisfaction.
Fun Place to work
Car and Truck Rental Agent (Current Employee), Yakima, WAMarch 8, 2015
Pros: drive different kinds of cars
Cons: some down time with nothing to do, deal with customers that are mad at things that are out of your control
fun and fast place to work, fun co-workers, deal with all kinds of customers and their needs, clean cars as they are returned
I loved working there.
Security Guard (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: no one standing over you.
Cons: the implement weather conditions.
A day of cars everywhere made for a fast-paced day. On slow days I would have more time to catch up on my returning customers daily lives in which they loved to share as well as myself. I learned so much from all walks of life including their habits and attitudes.
Management was a pleasure to work with for me since I can get along with most people. The co-workers that I worked close with were a variety of people who loved their jobs and did it well.
The hardest part of the job was the implement weather. In bad weather you were in it. We had no cover at the exits as we stepped out of are booths.
I just enjoyed going to work everyday and being able to help where needed.
Sales Agent Overview
Rental Sales Associate (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: medical benifits, union, and oppourtunity for bonuses
Cons: high turnover, seniority bid for shifts, inconsitant managers, lack of accountability, and pay structure
Check the board for assignments of work location - location/airport

If assigned cash draw-
verify cash,accept cash payments,give refunds from petty cash, verify manuals, give manuals to other sales agents if needed,and count down draw at the end of the night.

Look up reservations for shift time
Look up flight cancellations
Assist customers with rentals
Answer phone calls
Make/cancel reservations
Resolve rental issues
Fax incident reports if any happen while at work
Log sales sheet
Print off reports at the end of shift
Great Job to have.
Part-Time/Service Agent (Current Employee), Baton RougeFebruary 18, 2015
This job is a great job to have while in college. They really work with my school schedule and any changes that I need to make concerning my work availability they are able to comply.
Excellent environment
Ready Liner (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 10, 2015
It was a relaxing and wonderful job to attend.
In the cool air working with customers.
The managers was good people and understanding
HORRIBLE
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATVE / SHUTTER DRIVER (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: ppeople
Cons: supervisior
HORRIBLE, NOT FUN, VERY STRESSFUL, NO TIME FOR FAMILY. FORECES OVERIME. RATE OF PAY IS VERY LOW FOR WHAT IS ASKED OF US. LOT OF WORK FOR LITTLE PAY
n/a
Vehicle Service Agent (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: overtime
Cons: attendance policies
Working for a rental car company was always very busy. I learned that dealing with people from all walks of life was interesting. My manager at the time was very understanding no matter what the situation was. I loved my co-workers we had a good time all of the time whether we were outside or inside. The hardest part was when we had flight delays and not many cars to rent. Overall I enjoyed every aspect of the job.
Great Enviroment to work
Customer/Rental/Preferred Service Representative (Current Employee), Windsor Locks, CTFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: customer service
Cons: weather but i am very adjusted to it
Great place to work to enhance ones Communication skills while interacting with customers

Great management team to offer assistance to ensure job is complete with a smile

Only major issue to over come is working in all weather element types from bitter cold to extreme heat, but I get what needs to be done regardless of the elements
Great place to work.
Parker (Former Employee), Kenner, LAFebruary 5, 2015
A typical day would consist over transporting rental cars from the lot after being washed and serviced to the rental garage at the New Orleans airport. The work environment was great.
Good Work Place
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee), Kenner, LAJanuary 31, 2015
Easy going work place. Management was really supportive, helpful, fair, and efficient. The co-workers were extremely nice and eager to help whenever possible. The hardest part of the job was fleeting in the vehicles from the truck. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with.

About Avis Budget Group

Whether you're a business traveler on an expense account or a family on vacation counting every penny, Avis Budget Group has a – Read more

Avis Budget Group Salaries

Sales Agent
$30,000 per year
$10.00 per hour

Avis Budget Group Photos

Just shined up this mustang
Christmas pic, 2 years ago