Avis Budget Group Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,003 reviews matching the search
Fun place to work, for awhile.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 24, 2016
I enjoy the customers alot, most fly in and out alot, and are very gracious! management confused me, first impressing me, but ultimately they dont care what kind of job your doing until it causes them a headache. A very fast paced work environment, which I like. But no pay increases, and no reviews after 45 days. they care more about negative reviews both from customer and employees....I guess that makes them reactive and not proactive, drives me crazy.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
short handed alot, and no good way to get a day off if you need it.
Enjoyed job - hated to leave
Investigator Damage I (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 23, 2016
Enjoyed working at company; enjoyed working with co-workers in my department.

Learned patience with phone callers who were rude.

Was very disappointed of lay off.
Pros
Not happy about lay off
Cons
short lunch -fun group to work with
ok place to work if your just starting your working experience
Telxon Zone Return Agent (Former Employee) –  East Boston, MAMarch 22, 2016
Ok place to work at if you don't mind working with the crazy weather. Ok place to get some customer service experience. they do not really give any chances to grow if thats what you are looking for
Fast-paced with great employees
Rental Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMarch 20, 2016
Hospitality is super fun if you enjoy meeting new people and providing elite costumer service.
The hardest part is you work during major events and weekends, if you don't mind working either, its a great option!
A lot of these reviews are fake, and made by ABG
Senior Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasMarch 19, 2016
I've worked in management for ABG for years. Upper management is very incompetent in leading people as leaders but do very well in leading in fear. They use scare tactics as their main source of leadership. They love boot lickers, if you aren't willing to treat them like royalty, be prepared to be forced out. The upper management as a whole has a huge ego problem. They don't support their teams, give false promises, like working conditions will get better but it just keeps getting worse. They're at 35% staffing for a reason, 1 out of 6 people will work at ABG for more than 3 months. They all end up quiting eventually. The only people who stay are the ones who have been with the company 10+ years and are too old to quit and find a better job. Avis budget group is a trap! 35% staffed everyone is working as they are 3 different employees, customers act entitled to everything, and ABG teaches you that it's okay to have people rip into you as long as they will rent and make more money for ABG. They don't care about your wellbeing. They never hire people like they should, because they're saving money with the empty positions. They only primarily hire during May. Other than that, good luck.
Pros
Free car and gas
Cons
Everything else
Management is everything!
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 18, 2016
When I first started at Avis the management was the best group of managers that I have ever worked for. When new management came in, due to advancement of other managers, everything went down hill and fast!
Budget Car Rental
Rental Car Agent (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 18, 2016
I greeted customer and provided excellent customer service and also processed and booked customer reservation. I also answered telephone calls and responded to customer’s inquiries, question and complaints
Job Culture is very secretive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLMarch 18, 2016
Everything is done in secret. There is a pushy sales culture where every year the environment gets worse. You improve, yet they want more and more. They max out on yearly bonus, yet the managers push for even more. Once you have made enough money for them-they secretly push you out the door. Ive never been a part of such a secretive company where HR and upper management thrive on turning everyone against everyone else. The operation managers do there best, but most things are out of there control.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Upper Management - Pushy Sales Culture
Na
Rental Agent (Current Employee) –  Morehead City, NCMarch 17, 2016
This company is a decent company if you don't mind working long days alone and traveling across your region to get vehicles for your location.
Great Place to Jumpstart Career
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 10, 2016
Amazing company. Great culture. I just don't like that you must relocate in order to grow within the company. I love the fact that there is so much employee engagement. It really feels like a family atmosphere.
It's an okay job
Shuttle Driver (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 9, 2016
It's okay to work there as a supplement to a primary job; however, there is no room for advancement. However, the coworkers are good to work with
Good Work Place
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMarch 7, 2016
. Good environment
. Opportunity to grow by Skill and leading skill.
. Learning new technology and cooperating environment.
. Structured business flow for project development cycly
. Documentation at CMM level
employees make it fun to work
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 5, 2016
Very busy and productive place to work. Co wrokers are fun to work with. This place is a fast and productive place to work. Lines are always long and cars are always in place for customers to rent. This is a 24hr company and it is located near the airport.
Pros
Employees make it fun to work
Cons
Point system
Great Place to work
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 4, 2016
A terrific place to work never met a opportunity to advance with the company.I learned a lot with the company and met a lot of great people the management team weren't focused on developing associates.
Productive fun place working
Car Detailer (Former Employee) –  Gallup, NMMarch 4, 2016
Clean vehicles. Cleaners of vehicles and equipment clean automobiles and other vehicles.They use cleaning products, vacuums, hoses, and brushes. Clean cars at a carwash. Drive cars to different locations and pick up customers at car dealerships.
Very good place to work
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXFebruary 29, 2016
This was a great job to have. I enjoyed working my way through college at this job. Very professional environment.Enjoyed working at the airport.
Avis Budget Group
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDFebruary 28, 2016
The company has lots of diversity. Opportunity to work in many parts of the country. It is a fast pace work environment where not every day is the same. You meet people from all walks of life. Training is available for all work groups and every work function that moves fleet through out the company.
Pros
Vehicle Use
Cons
Long Days
Stressed environment with no stability
Avis Budget Group - Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 25, 2016
Learned some while there, but not enough to their standards. Needed to be sales orientated and I was more of a people pleaser or liked customer service more. Pressure to sale at every opportunity, but your opportunity could be taken by co-workers.
Pros
Voluntary time out
Cons
Working past midnight
Bloodsuckers
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJFebruary 25, 2016
I had no personal life working for Avis. It was all about being available for their purposes. All managerial meetings seemed to be on a day that I needed to rest. I had ten hour shifts, when I was only getting paid for eight hours. The worst thing was, when my father had passed, they only let me have three days of bereavement time. They knew, that religiously, I was required to mourn for 7 days. Alas, I was given an ultimatum, and had to return to work.
A Great Company.
Unit Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 25, 2016
A Great Company with great benefits and major advancement opportunities. This Company has been expanding in the past years which creates a great sense of Job Stability.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Poor Job Work/Life Balance