Avis Budget Group

Avis Budget Group Employee Reviews

Stressful atmosphere created with cutthroat sales
Manager (Current Employee), TexasDecember 6, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: stressful atmosphere
Overall it's stressful and not worth it for the managers and sales people. Encouraged to use high-pressure sales techniques, and it affects customer service. Too many times I and my teams are encouraged to try to "get one over" on a customer just to boost sales and I and my teams have more integrity than that. Managers many times work way over 40 hours.
see previous
Airport Manager (Former Employee), Sacramento, CADecember 4, 2014
Great company to work for. Great benefits as well
Focus on Sales and increasing Revenue daily
meet and exceed prior year numbers on revenue
increase customer service index scores
increase retention for employees
Productive environment
Rental Agent/CSR (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 3, 2014
I love this company
fast phase
downside only if you dont reach your target goal either you loose the job or they fire you
Productive and friendly workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCNovember 28, 2014
Overall this is a great place to work. The staff and management are very friendly and understanding. A typical day at work for is to meet, greet, and provide superb customer service on rental car returns daily, transport arriving cars from the PTI airport to the service center, and to escalate current issues and renewal of DMV tags to managers and front desk. The most enjoyable part of the job is to meet new people each day and see smiles on their faces when they receive the proper customer service. At this company i have learned how to hold a more positive worth ethic and deal with complex situations more appropriately than prior to starting here.
Best job EVER!!
Shuttler/Rover/Vehicle Service Agent (Former Employee), Omaha, NENovember 26, 2014
Pros: driving brand new cars
Cons: pay could be slightly better.
Driving BRAND NEW cars back and forth everyday. I found it hard to believe I was being paid to do it, grant it it wasn't very much and it wasn't full time I really enjoyed it. The management was very easy to work with and very approachable. The hardest part of the job was the weather..sometimes it rains or snows but nothings perfect.
Avoid this "organization" like the plague.
Hiker (Former Employee), Charlotte, N.C.November 25, 2014
Pros: a lot of time off...unpaid, of course.
Cons: no organization, beneifits, management, training, advancement, basic hygiene.
Management not only poor but, in fact, absent. Salaries just a micron above minimum wage without so much as a whiff of a raise for, in many cases, years. No training whatsoever and yet employees are expected to make good decisions based on...ESP, I guess. Facilities are a disgrace. No benefits whatsoever, unless you count the free hat you MIGHT receive.
Great Opportunities, with a poor vision from management
Airport Operations Manager (Former Employee), Burbank, CANovember 24, 2014
Pros: great name, great reputation
Cons: terrible upper management
I enjoyed working for the organization. During my time there I had the opportunity to learn and grown from some of the most intelligent people in the industry.
Labor and customer intensive
Service Agent (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLNovember 19, 2014
The most demanding part of the job was dealing with the weather while servicing returning vehicles.
Great for Career Development, Poor Work/Life Balance
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 18, 2014
Avis Budget Group provides a great opportunity for those seeking long-term career building with this company, within this industry. However, due to the nature of the business and the way in which it is conducted, this job leaves little to no opportunity outside of work to better yourself, or pursue more fulfilling goals.
A Day at work
Driver for avisbudgetgroup (Current Employee), PhiladelphiaNovember 18, 2014
Pros: fun fast paste environment and the co-workers
Cons: pay rate
It's not a bad place to work. Just needs to be organized and I believe shuttlers should get paid a better pay rate.
First Job
Assistant Manager, Driver, Service Agent (Former Employee), Gallup, NMNovember 17, 2014
Pros: manager; leadership; customer service; driving; detailing vehicles
Cons: working in the winter
Being about to work for Budget Rent A Car in Gallup, NM was a great experience as a young guy. I was basically a full-time/part-time assistant manager. I've learn a lot with this company for example, customer service, vehicle detailing, and opening/closing rental agreements. During day there was a lot to do like cleaning/fueling-up rental vehicles,and do a little more training on rental agreements. The best part about working for a rental car business is the transporting rental vehicles from one destination to another. Also, being able to drive with other employees and getting to know them. Most of the part-time drivers like the job because it pays their bills and puts food on the table.
The worst part about working here was cleaning the rental vehicles during the winter. It was because the water from the wash would freeze and/or if the road was wet then it would just get dirty again.
A busy work place which was well established.
Car washer but not in the last 7 years. (Former Employee), Citrus Heights, CANovember 10, 2014
Pros: company supplied uniforms.
Cons: always wanting me to work more than required.
My work day started early and ended early. I washed and cleaned in and out cars most of the day. Sometimes I lightly cleaned trucks. I learned there is a fine balance between time and output. Management was always available and busy but strong and ready to give oversight. My co-workers had their own tasks which some were quite complex. They always made time to help one another even though they worked quickly. The hardest part of the job was trying to go to fast and working alone. The most enjoyable part of the the job was pay and free time and talking to my co-workers.
Productive workplace
Shuttler (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHNovember 5, 2014
Pros: you get to drive various kinds of vehicles from cars, trucks, & vans. and possible drive to different agencies in the area.
Cons: there would be moments in a day you have to wait for abundance of cleaned cars, or returned cars in order to do your job.
Not a difficult job as a Shuttler/Hiker. It just requires a lot of driving back and forth from sales lot to administration building. Management is flexible. As long as you do your job.

The Pros of being a Shuttler/Hiker is: You get to drive various kinds of vehicles from cars, trucks, & vans. And possible drive to different agencies in the area.

The Cons are: There would be times you have to wait for abundance of cleaned vehicles or returned vehicles in order to do your job.
Good pay and compensation
Supervisor/Station Manager (Current Employee), Kenai Municipal AirportNovember 4, 2014
Pros: commission, lunch breaks, down time
Cons: no management support, no room to grow
A typical day at Budget Rent-A-Car of Kenai, AK is usually a pretty good day. I enjoy most of my customers, made good commissions all day long. I enjoy my co-workers they are fun people to be around and they make the sometimes hostile environment not so hostile. I do not enjoy my management very much. I feel that they take advantage of the people trying to grow in the company and learn more to succeed. They would rather put them into a position to plateau them so they can keep them where they are and pay them just enough but never anything great. My favorite part of my job is the customers. We have quite a few regulars and they just make the day a little better. Everyone needs a good laugh on a high stress day or even just a busy day.
Great place to work with good people, salary, benefits and bonus.
Sr. Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJNovember 3, 2014
Pros: great management, colleagues, benefits, salaries, and work environment.
Cons: commute - 1.5 hours each way.
A typical day would be to check my emails to see if any customers had questions, and attend to them first. I worked with very helpful co-workers who were always willing to help their colleagues, and vice-versa. I enjoyed helping my co-workers as well with any technical questions.
Fun work place
Rental Sales Agent (Current Employee), St Pete airportOctober 28, 2014
The job was okay just was to far from my home, management wasn't the best but I would still use there company for my rental compare to others .
Good benefits and good work schedule
Fleet Manager (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAOctober 25, 2014
Pros: great hours benefits and vacation
Cons: laid off after 10 years due to new corporate downsizing
Was happy working at Budget Rent a car, worked with a lot of good people on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job eas providing good quality auto repairs and service in a very short time.
n/a
vehicle maintenance (Former Employee), handover mdOctober 23, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
avis was a good opportunity i learn a lot there the mangers was very understanding.
Fun fast paced friendly work environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 22, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: short breaks
At Avis I based my day around our customers assisting with all complaints or concerns
I learned a great deal of patience
Management at Avis was Excellent! My managers showed genuine concern for my being as an employee
All of My co workers were friendly and work oriented
Hardest part of my job was taking on multiple task to satisfy customers
The most enjoyable part of working for Avis was the experience if working at the airport and meeting people from all over the world!
Productive and Exciting Work Environment
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 19, 2014
A typical work day started by meeting up with a crew to determine what lot, how many and where the cars were being transported. Once determined we were pick up by a van and transported to a lot where we pick a vehicle and transported to specific located to be washed, labeled and ready for customers pick up. I learned to be a safe driver and maintain vehicles in good working order. Management showed me how numbers can be tricky and sometimes scanners can miss scan items so double check your work. My co-workers kept me going with entertainment. The hardest part was not always having in stock what the customers wanted immediately. What I enjoyed most was the ability to ride in something I couldn't afford and learn the difference in them.

About Avis Budget Group

Whether you're a business traveler on an expense account or a family on vacation counting every penny, Avis Budget Group has a – Read more

Avis Budget Group Salaries

Sales Agent
$30,000 per year
$10.00 per hour

Avis Budget Group Photos

Just shined up this mustang
Christmas pic, 2 years ago