Avis Budget Group

Avis Budget Group Employer Reviews

Great company to work for.
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 28, 2014
Avis-Memphis is a very fast paced environment with plenty of action. We house a variety of employees throughout the work culture and set high expectations and goals. The Customer is our most valuable asset and we try harder to meet every possible expectation. I've learned that no matter what capacity an individual operates in, whether customer facing – more... or not; we must always smile. A smile is worth 6,000 points. The group of managers strive daily to thrive in such a competitive environment. Additionally, co-worker are continuously being developed to initiate great service. The most challenging part in the organization maybe remembering to always put your game face on and make it happen; no matter what. The most enjoyable aspect of the job in being able to fulfill someone else's desires and needs. – less
Excellent company
Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee), Avoca, PAMarch 24, 2014
Pros: 40 hour work weeks with over time potential, decent pay, commission, benefits, paid holidays and time off, management is reliable and helpful.
Cons: airport locations are open long hours and holidays, no lunch breaks but plenty of down time
I worked for Avis Budget Group for 6.5 years. Although the hours were rough at an airport, my colleagues were some of the most effective and caring I have ever met. Management is effective and was personally vested in the growth of all employees. Benefits are excellent and paid time off got better with each year I was there. Yearly pay raises were better – more... than most companies and there's the potential to make a ton of extra money in commissions every month for pretty much just doing your job. You could expect to be paid at least $100 in commissions even if you just do the bare minimum. Human Resources was actually readily and easily accessible. They were willing to meet with employees to discuss issues and make action plans to resolve them. Overall it's a great company to work for and if I didn't move away from the area, I would still be working for ABG. – less
District Manager turned over so many good managers
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 21, 2014
The corporate structure at this company is very broken, there are people in there positions for over 20 years that have no idea how much the rental industry has changed.
chances to develop good people skills
Sales Associate (Former Employee), studio cityMarch 20, 2014
work was very challenging with me at avis because i was compete'n with co-workers in a friendly way all my co-workers was very respectable and nice i think compete'n was the hardest but funnest part of the job.
N/a
IT Consultant (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAMarch 19, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Works in partnership with clients, advising them how to use information technology in order to meet their business objectives or overcome problems. Consultants work to improve the structure and efficiency of an organisation's IT systems
n/a
Service Agent (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 19, 2014
Cons: management
Decent job, not really a brain using job. just stay busy management is really dumb
easy going job
Driver (Former Employee), san francisco,caMarch 14, 2014
learn how to deal with customers,and solve problems for customers
is one of the best place to works to me thank you
Leadman Driver (Former Employee), Reno, NVMarch 13, 2014
Pros: in some of theme free lunch .
Cons: yeah 15 minutes break not abusing the time
I always been trying to makes my work a good place to work in all the jobs that I been working, a good environmental and atmosphere place to worked , trying to give the best on my own with a good environmental and positive atmosphere place to work , always thinking that the customers always tight to me , with helping each other on everyway , staying – more... long hours working overtimes to finish the job , and I am ready to give or to put all my skills that I been learning in the jobs that I been working thank you , for giving me the opportunity to express myself , in the way I think to make a very place to works with good attitude and atmosphere in the work place . – less
It use to be a good company.
Manager (Former Employee), Albany, NYMarch 12, 2014
Pros: team was great, fun and upbeat.
Cons: asked to do some very shady things, inspections, sending customers out with expired tags and inspections....etc.
Company has no clue how to grow their management team. While there is a training system in place, with demands of being short staffed you get tossed into it without knowing the business.
The time it takes to replace team members is utterly ridiculous. In need of Return agents. Which took almost 2 months. No flexibility with scheduling.
DM is a con artist. – more... If your in need of a job tthen you would be better off looking elsewhere. – less
excellent place to work very friendly environment,teamwork
rental sales agent (Current Employee), Hanover, MAMarch 11, 2014
Pros: great staff
ive been employed by avis rent a car for 17+ years,very fast paced environment,if you can multi task and have a positve attitude and a lot of patience you will be well received.
Fun Workplace
Compensation Analyst (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJMarch 7, 2014
An exciting workplace with a very family like atmosphere. Very supportive of employees and upward mobility was not an issue.
This place is a joke
rental sales agent (Current Employee), richmond,vaFebruary 26, 2014
You will never make any money here the way the tiers are set up
Built my career Budget
Accounting/Billing Coordinator (Former Employee), Carrollton, TXFebruary 20, 2014
14 years of learning experience and enjoyable people to work with.
Fun place to interact with people
courtisey bus Driver (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: fun interacting with so many people
Cons: pay, hours and shuttle service ending in november at charlotte douglas airport.
A fun job to interact with people from all over the world. The schedule varies and you do not have much of a balance home life and I find It is Hard to support the various volunteer groups i am affiliated with.It is a good job for someone who is more flexible and not looking to make a career move with the company.
Enjoyed my time there
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Jamaica, NYFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: managers get cars/employees get good discounts
Cons: can be an old boys club
Worked with some great people, company appreciates hard work and will acknowledge it
Leadership role had a wonderful experiance
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Newark, NJFebruary 17, 2014
• Managed up to 50 staff members in all aspects of day to day business operations in the rental sale and service of more than 1500 vehicles
• Interviewed and trained new prospective employees and make recommendations for permanent hire, weekly Scheduling, Payroll
• Compiled evaluations, delegate various work responsibilities and ensure timely execution – more... of tasks
• Developed and implemented intensive training procedures and establish meaningful incentives for elevated performance levels
• Implemented various marketing/promotional strategies, increasing annual revenue by more than 15%
• Successfully achieved “Top Seller” status on a consistent basis
• Forecasted annual budget projections and conducted extensive purchase research ensuring cost effectiveness and proper allocation of funds
• Reconciled accounts receivable in excess of $750,000. daily, resolved financial discrepancies, made daily bank deposits and authorized all petty cash flow transactionsn – less
productive and fun at times
Airport Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: company car
A great experience as a young man learning the rental car business for the first time. I started for parking cars in 1995 to being a Airport Manager in 1997. Went to Oklahoma City in 1997 and at the time they was renting 40 cars a day. When I left in 1999 we was up to 300 cars a day. I love the employees there.
Rewarding Experience
West Michigan Maintenance and Damage Manager (Former Employee), Grand Rapids MichiganFebruary 17, 2014
Rewarding experience. Overall, Great place to work, perfect work, career balance.
Very demanding enjoyable place to work.
Sales/Rental Agent/Driver (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: take breaks when i need.
Cons: cant say nothing bad about this company.
Demanding enjoyable place.The managers was Awsome to work with . Customers very nice.Hardest part is I stayed on my feet for 9 hrs when I was pregnate.
Fun and Friendly Workplace
Customer Service Sales Agent (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VAFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: amazing growth opportunity
Cons: difficult customers
Truly enjoyed my workday. It was always fun and usually fast paced. My co-workers were amazing and always friendly and co-operative. My boss was absolutely amazing! She is so friendly, encouraging, and she is very flexible and willing to work with us. The hardest part of the job is difficult customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is the camaraderie.

About Avis Budget Group

Whether you're a business traveler on an expense account or a family on vacation counting every penny, Avis Budget Group has a – Read more

Avis Budget Group Photos