Avis Budget Group Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
The job is fun the people make it hard
Parker (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 27, 2017
the double standards make it hard for some people to want to stay because, I could get in trouble for something like dress code but if another girl was wearing my exact outfit no words would be said. When they say they're giving raises they should stick to their word or not offer a raise at all. This place is like a highschool, full of drama and people sticking their nose where it doesn't belong, everyone should just go to work to work. Not play games
Pros
Nice cars
Great Team
Car Shuttler/ Detailer (Current Employee) –  Freeland, MIJuly 26, 2017
The management is very shaky there are days where its great and days where it is not so great. It is very hectic there is no good balance its mostly up and down
Pros
Great team
Cons
bad players
overworked, underpaid, unappreciated.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 23, 2017
There's alot of things that unfortunately is wrong with this company. How they treat their employee's directly applies to how we treat our customers. Managers are worked to the point of physical, mental and emotional exhaustion. You give up everything for a pay check.
Pros
you get a car
Cons
you must sacrifice your entire life for this job.
Easy job,low pay starting out
Claim Specialist (Current Employee) –  College Park, GAJuly 21, 2017
very easy job that works around your schedule but have to work there for some years to see some real money , overtime on spare moments but definitely on holidays and large events.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Low pay
Great Compensation + unstable job
Rental Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 20, 2017
I was there for 5 1/2 years, and every year some of my lower colleagues in senority were let go, and laid off. Great money, bad structure of the company.
Pros
Good Money
Cons
Not knowing when its your last day
Great Place to , very family oriented
Rental Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  FloridaJuly 20, 2017
This is the first job i worked since i moved to Florida . Its a different environment. The most enjoyable part of the job i would say would be the customers. They are the reason why i smile daily.
Great Perks - Long Hours
Operations Manager II (Current Employee) –  Dulles, VAJuly 20, 2017
Avis Budget Group (ABG) is a large car rental company with locations EVERYWHERE. For management personnel at airport car rental locations, there is a very solid management training program that really helps get your feet wet so that you are not trying to lead blindly. One of the most enjoyable parts of the job is the vehicle perk. Unlike many other car rental companies, management at ABG are able to drive larger sized SUV's like Grand Cherokees and Ford Explorers. Not having to worry about gas, car insurance or car taxes is awesome too. There is a cost to all of this though... Work days are a mandatory 10 hours/day, 5 days/week and if you're working evening shifts, it is very difficult to leave before putting in 11-12 hours. Since you are management, there is no overtime either.
Pros
Company car
Cons
Short breaks, long days, physically demanding
n/a
Fleet Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 19, 2017
Willing to let people grow within the company or outside the company. Friendly atmosphere. Management was understanding of developing personally and career.
Great job for anyone who likes working outside
Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 18, 2017
Avis Budget Group was a great place to work at. I started there when i was 18 years old and it was a great experience. If you like working outdoors, this place is definitely for you. The people there are the best people i have worked with.
Agency management
Customer Service Representative/ CSR Lead Agent (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 16, 2017
Managing a rental car company from offsite airport location. Providing clean vehicles to customer offsite airport. Keep up daily reports, cash deposits, keeping track of disabled vehicles
Busy
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 14, 2017
Liked the people I worked with. Management was not good. Long hours lots of mandatory days had to work 16 hour days. Liked what I did and the customers were good for most part.
Good to get experience under your belt
Intern (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAJuly 13, 2017
A typical day would usually consist of checking cars and helping customers out with bookings. It is a great way to get customer service experience under your belt. The staff was friendly and did the best they could to help the customer out.
fun
Vehicle Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2017
Good work nice company to work for professional environment dedicated individual strong customer relations and customer service reliable

Dependable
good
people were great
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 12, 2017
I would check in cars, work at the exit gate write contracts for rentals. Got to meet a lot of interesting people while working there. Worst part was working in the rain.
Pros
customers
Cons
Gwen, mandatory double shifts
Avis
Rental Manager (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 11, 2017
Avis and Budget, in general, is a good company to work for but the problem lies in more of the local setting where you have some higher ups that seem not to care and make the job more stressful.Also, a major problem we have been having is fleet and overbooking.I can't count how many times we turn down customers because people at reservations just kept booking when they knew how dire our fleet operation is at times.The hardest part of my job is sometimes not always having some backup and having to do multiple jobs at once and turning down customers.Despite the things mentioned above my boss is a great person and awesome and fun to work with.Then over the years I have come to build rapport with many customers and have built great business relationships with them and have also met people from all over the world and all walks of life.
Pros
Discounted rentals
Cons
Managers, short breaks at times, and not enough vehicles to fulfill reservations
Pretty routine, easy to learn duties
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 10, 2017
It was a pretty chill work experience. I would walk people to their vehicle of choice. Do the inspection with them to make sure they aren't unjustly charged. Wash cars occasionally, it was pretty straightforward
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
Occasional extreme weather if youre working with the cars outside
no career
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 10, 2017
OK job while career searching management throws you on the sales floor without properly training. computer systems are extremely difficult and out of date. lose system connection atleast twice a week. management cannot schedule
Avis
Counter Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAJuly 9, 2017
Avis corporation as a whole is great company. However the local organization lacks severely in management skills and communication. There are no benefits.
Very good working environment
Senior Claims Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 8, 2017
My department was great to work in. I loved my job as a Senior Adjuster. I was required to travel a lot all over the United States however but I liked that also. This was one of the best jobs I ever had. The management team was great!
Excellent place to work
Administrative Assistant, Mail (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 7, 2017
Vehicle damage claims department - collecting damages for rental vehicles from renters, insurance companies, credit card companies and/or third parties

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avis Budget Group. Our community is ready to answer.