Avis Budget Group Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,004 reviews matching the search
Somewhere to maintain
Rental Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 6, 2016
guaranteed full time hours. Management could be a little more hands on. Great location to meet new people. The easiest part is showing up, the hardest part not walking off the job because of lack inventory or rude customers.
Productive and professional organization
Junior Accountant/Payroll Clerk/Reports Clerk (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYMay 19, 2016
Avis was a productive and professional organization in which its goals were consistently met through a mutually respectful environment between management and subordinates alike.
I got the job through express employment
Car Wash Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYJuly 15, 2016
Not a bad place to work, just not what I was looking for. We would get the cars people returned after renting them, fill up with gas if needed, scrub front and back of car, rinse and clean interior of all cars.
A good place to work
Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYJuly 13, 2016
Family like environment, good manager and the team.

Salary was lower that average.

Was employed there a long time ago so it's hard to remember the details but in general was left with a good feeling about the company.
Excellent Family Atmosphere
Station Manager (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJuly 8, 2016
Great at recognising employees and providing staff development. Requires extremely flexible schedule, weekends and holiday work required.
Pros
Family Atmosphere
Cons
Holiday/Weekend work necessary
Fast Paced job with quick advancement
Driver (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NC 27560June 10, 2016
I was a quick learner so this job came really easy to me. I started as a car detailer and quickly became a driver.

Company was pretty friendly and encouraging, had a few issues, but they were resolved fast.
Avis Budget Group
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDFebruary 28, 2016
The company has lots of diversity. Opportunity to work in many parts of the country. It is a fast pace work environment where not every day is the same. You meet people from all walks of life. Training is available for all work groups and every work function that moves fleet through out the company.
Pros
Vehicle Use
Cons
Long Days
A job that requires good sense of what to do and when. Time off is enjoyable.
Lot Shuttler (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJuly 4, 2016
Outdoor work in all types of weather. What management needs to have done with little communication. Co workers are all part time except for a few.
decent job but thats it.
Inventory Manager (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VADecember 29, 2015
Job can become stressful if you do not have the support of your field management. In office management often turns the cheek to wrong doing by the field. Will provide support even when it is needed the most. Can become burned out due to lack of proper staffing.
Pros
casual fridays, breakfast on end of month
Cons
overworked employees, lack of proper staffing.
N/a
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLMay 26, 2016
Good environment only problem was you will not receive your check on time, Most enjoyable part would be driving the different vehicles and being able to meet different customers that come from different countries
Nice place to work
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYJuly 26, 2016
I got my start here in the transportation field. I have learn a whole lot in working here, working here made me realize what it is that I really want to do in life.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Not enough growth potential
very prodoctive
agent for Budget rent a car (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 27, 2016
Day at work very different every day.Management at Budget helpful.

Co workers very easy to to work with Job is enjoyable because you deal with people all day long
Pros
nice place to work
Poor Work/Life Balance
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 25, 2015
Operations managers are worked heavily, with no stability to their schedules. Upper management stays too focused on sales, and the bottom line, rather than the happiness of their employees.
Pros
Use of company vehicle, and gasoline.
Cons
No lunches, long hours, heavy workload.
fun working experience.
school bus aid (Current Employee) –  Avis, PAMay 17, 2016
ride on a school bus with special needs kids. i enjoy talking to the children and hearing how there day goes. hardest part of the job is walking on the bus while it is moving. also when they kids are fighting
Avis Tries Harder for Its Employees
Fleet Manager (Current Employee) –  USJune 2, 2016
ABG has done a lot to make it a great place to work and is planning to do even more. Meanwhile, the CEO is shaking things up. Look for big technology improvements in the future.
Was not paid for mouths
Front desk agent (Former Employee) –  Riverside & Anaheim hills, CAJanuary 6, 2016
Was not paid for training the owner didnt start to pay me till 3 mouths after working cleaning the cars and when she started to pay me is when I was able to be left alone in the store . It was the worst job I had. Basically open and closing from 7 till 6pm all by myself. I had to mange cleaning inside and the cars ,answering the phone, fax and emails dealing with customers making sure the customer satisfaction.
Pros
you learn to be your own boss and muti task on your own.
Cons
you get paid nothing and used.
I learn new things and met new people all the time
Customer Sales (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIOctober 30, 2015
A typical day for me at work is that i would open the store around 7am and get all my keys set up and the reservations printed out so that when the customer arrives i am ready for duty. Getting ready first thing is very important so when the customer gets there you are ready for them. I really enjoy speaking with people and leaning new things from them from trips to life to just how there days is going. I was a leader so i would be the one who took it upon myself to create new ideas on new situations such as a good experiences and bad if they occurred. I learned a lot from this job on how to deal with difficult situations. I really appreciated being around different people from around the world. It made me want to learn new things all the time. I had awesome coworkers. We also had a chance to move up in the company and make more money.
Pros
Discounts on rentals
Cons
Threatening customers
productive and fun work place
Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMay 29, 2016
I washed and detailed cars and took them to and from the airport and other locations. I also had to use the wizard program to look when cars were due in and when they were due out.
Cost cutting driven company in a challenging industry
Director - Customer Loyalty and CRM (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMay 13, 2016
Cost cutting driven company in a challenging industry. Company has not been willing to invest in marketing at levels that enable sucess.
Fun
Customer Service Representative/Return Agent (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYMay 6, 2016
This was a fun place to work, fast pace, got along with all the co-works and Management. Got to meet a lot of people that came in to rent cars, also got to see some celebrity's that came through.