Avison Young Employee Reviews

Productive and collaborative work environment
Director (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYFebruary 5, 2018
A typical day includes interacting with capital providers and clients in arranging capital across the capital stack to finance clients' assets or development projects.
No Life/Building engineer
Building Engineer (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 31, 2018
I was on call day and night. They never paid me for the extra time that I worked. The two bosses are preppy and they lie to you constantly, They promise you the moon but you never get it. You can never please them. Do not work for this company unless you like to be micro-managed constantly. It is like working for two little old women. They make mistakes all the time. However you are not allowed to make a mistake.
Pros
People in the building
Portfolio Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 2, 2018
I enjoyed working at Avison Young. My managers were very good and easy to work with although some were high maintenance. Overall I didn't regret coming in to work each day and appreciated the responsibilities given to me. I felt like I was a part of the team.

Working with the brokers varied from day to day depending on the client. Most days were fast paced others were easy.

Working with the other principals was fun, challenging and interesting. There were periods of great stress which surprisingly made the job more fun because of the challenge.

The culture here was familial but then some managerial changes occurred which made it a more structured environment and affected morale in a negative way.
Productive and Fun
FINANCIAL ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 19, 2017
Great team to work with and multiple people to turn to if you have questions. Get to work on some really cool projects, with some of the best resources.
work environment
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 19, 2017
The corporate culture need to change so that it is more fair and equable as it relates to the employees. Existing employees who have experience should be given a fair and equal opportunity to advance.
benefits
Cons
corporate culture
Awesome place. Awesome people.
Research/Database Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 4, 2017
Avison Young is a great place to work. It is a fast paced, but supportive environment. The team is composed of hard working, socially concious people who care about their community and love what they do.
Great place
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJSeptember 27, 2017
Was a great place to work and great opportunities but unfortunately it was only part time for me . Staff was very nice upper management always treated you like a human being and not just another worker
Great company with amazing culture and people
Commercial Real Estate Broker (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 26, 2017
Full service commercial real estate firm with excellent story, culture and history.

Staff and management work hard to make sure that brokerage team is happy and has all the tools necessary to be successful.
Residential Management Poor
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDSeptember 7, 2017
The residential management area of Avison Young is poorly managed. They do not provide adequate training for oncoming employees or any commissions or bonus incentives. I was responsible for learning a new property management software program on my own with only one day of training from a sister property manager. My supervisor was hard to reach and did not provide support when I needed it.
Pros
Holidays, additional PTO.
Cons
salary, lack of advancement opportunities
Good Place to work
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 24, 2017
great place to work if you want to get experience and get your hands on different things and learn. management is great and co workers are very helpful.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
low pay
Great Company - Poor management
Junior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 24, 2017
At the time the regional branch I worked at had very poor management that forced a lot of people away from the company. Overall the company is a great company to work for. Great work life balance, great culture, etc.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
management
Horrible Company & People
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 23, 2017
One of the worst jobs I have ever had. Would never recommend this company to anyone ever. Low pay, horrible arrogant brokers / management. My last day at this company was the only good day. Cannot even express how terrible of a company it is.
Pros
Cons
Low Pay, Horrible Management
Big talk without follow thru.
Building Engineer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 22, 2017
Not honest. Lots of empty promises. I left a good company to more money with big talk but no action! I enjoyed the building managers but disappointed in the corporate management.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
No security
Good place to get started in the workforce.
BROKERAGE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 15, 2017
Provided good training for new individuals entering the workforce. Not a preferred place to make a lifelong career. Salary, benefits and management need improvement.
Professional and fun work place.
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 16, 2017
Professional and fun work place.
Salary is fair, The company offers excellent health benefits. Management is always willing to take the time to listen.
Great work environment
Commercial Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 22, 2017
AY promoted team work and challenged me in an accounting aspect which was very beneficial to my growth as a property manager.
Great Place to work
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 8, 2016
As an intern I really enjoyed my time at Avison Young. Everyone is very friendly and the culture is very client-centric.
Good Work Place; Management could do a better job
Retail Leasing Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 15, 2016
I have worked at Avison Young for over a year.

The company's culture is great but the mentor/mentee relationship is not up to par. I was told I would have a legit mentor to help me learn the ins and outs of the real estate industry in my attempt to become a successful salesperson.
Pros
Great people, great environment
Cons
Lack of mentorship, lack of room to grow
Good Culture and Corporate Leadership, Low Growth Opportunity
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  TexasSeptember 8, 2016
Unless you go into brokerage, there does not seem to be any opportunity for career growth. Local offices vary wildly in leadership quality due to corporate acquisition policies.
Great Company
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 16, 2016
I had a wonderful experience while working for Avison Young.

Employees are awarded for hard work.

I looked forward to coming to the office every day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avison Young. Our community is ready to answer.