Avita Community Partners Employee Reviews

Management SUCKS
SUDs Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMay 12, 2017
More concerned about billable hours than care of the client. Pay sucks, but great benefits. Very political with management. The whole organization is a gossip mill. Keep to yourself (other than clients), don't look left, right or straight ahead... keep your eyes on the floor and walk through your day.
Pros
Lol
Cons
Electronic Documentation System SUCKS
Okay place
STATE CERTIFIED PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAApril 22, 2017
Avita is a great place to start off as a Pharmacy Tech. The environment is nice and calm. The staff are very nice and helpful including the patients. The pharmacy isnt the same as Walmart or CVS when the techs are the blame for everything. The pharmacist here take the blame and they care for their techs.
Pros
Nice calm and easy place to start off.
Cons
The pay isnt good and there will never be a raise.
Low morale, low pay, overworked and underpaid
Community Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dahlonega, GAMarch 30, 2017
Nine of the twelve employees in the center I worked in were actively looking for other employment. Huge workload with no resources or help form management.
Pros
Clients are really cool
Cons
Great people to work with but low benefits and high stress.
Support Cordinator and Academic Teacher (Current Employee) –  Toccoa, GAFebruary 8, 2017
Individual centers are cool but over all the pay is low and stress is high. Staff feels underappreciated at times. Compensation is not given when promised and benefits are not part of the deal upon being hired.
Pros
Great centers
Cons
Low pay
Business model philosophy without care for clinical ethics.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 20, 2016
A typical day here will include 110% of your work day scheduled to maximize profit for the agency. Many times you will be overbooked and double booked. Professional clinical workers are treated like production line, assembly workers and are blamed for everything. This agency has a 40% turnover rate.
Pros
Cons
Too numerous
Great People on the "front lines"...
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Hall County, GAMay 4, 2016
I worked there 5 years. It was a top-heavy environment where the clinicians made the money and the executives got the benefits. When I worked there, they had a quota system where you had to see 6.25 hours of clients a day (on average) or you were considered to be not performing on par (not even factoring in the various paperwork you had to do for the State). My last position was at a rural site. That crew was like a family to me. Those clinicians, staff, psychiatrist and nurse were all solid and seemed to care about each other and the clients as well. That team made work enjoyable. It appears that the new CEO is great, which I am happy for my former coworkers.
Pros
Free Trainings
Cons
Quota system, Trainings Counted Against Your Productivity
Psychiatric Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Flowery Branch, GAApril 28, 2016
Great company, provides much needed services to mental health patients and those with disabilities and substance abuse issues. forward thinking CEO, great place to work.
Great place to work with a great work culture
Site Supervisor for entire Avita catchment area (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAApril 27, 2016
Avita CP is a benefit to the entire Northeast GA community! The staff is dedicated to making a positive difference in the lives of the residents of Northeast GA.
Treated like family!!
Health Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Dahlonega, GAJanuary 11, 2016
Working for this family was never a problem as they treated the staff as equals. Never felt taken advantage of as we were often included in outings and vacations even if it meant taking care of the patient while we enjoy the holiday!!
Pros
Free vactions and bonuses!!
Cons
Had to pay for own healthcare very expensive!!
Low Compensation/High Burn Out
Case Manager/Counselor (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GASeptember 22, 2015
Counselors are treated like work horses with little to no concern about burn out. My supervisors and co-workers have been wonderful to work with but from what I have seen the executives care little about their employees-especially in the way of appreciation/compensation. The work site that I work in especially has had very little support from the executive team which has made our job that much harder. Treatment options are very conservative- it is a very 'think inside the box' company. Turn over is very high. However, if you have just graduated or need experience it is one of the only places in this area that hires. Most of the counselors here are just out of school, when they get the experience they need, they leave. I have seen many good counselors and supervisors leave without a fight from the administration. On the positive side, the people I work with genuinely care about the clients and trainings are free.
Pros
Free Trainings
Cons
Wages
Below Average Experience
Behavioral Health RN (Current Employee) –  Toccoa, GAMay 31, 2015
Employees were overworked and basically unfriendly, and patronizing. Work place environment was nauseating and oppressive. I worked here for a year and actually needed mental health counseling after I left. The wages were horrible, and the benefits were not so great either for state service. The clients were wonderful, and despite their behavioral issues, they were more pleasant to deal with than the overall staff there.
Pros
Good PTO Benefit
Cons
Everything else.
The program where I've been working for the past two years is being eliminated
Program Associate - CSU/Ambulatory Detox (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAApril 13, 2015
The company I work for is a Community Service Board through the State of Georgia. I am sad to say that the Ambulatory Detox Program is being eliminated at the end of June. I feel that this is a very needed program and I hope in time it will be reopened.

A typical day for me is enrolling clients in our program, scheduling an appointment for them to see our doctor, sending out daily reports, answering phones, scanning charts, basic clerical duties.

I have learned to be more compassionate with people dealing with the effects substance abuse and addiction and the grip it can have on you.

I have enjoyed working with my Business Manager and the nurses. We all get along and help each other when needed.

The hardest part of my job is seeing clients come back after they have relapsed.

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing clients who come back in just to say hello and tell us how well they are doing and how much they appreciate us for helping them get clean from drugs or alcohol.
Helping the community
Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMarch 10, 2015
There is no typical day. You need a strong personality with a kind heart. There is always someone in need and to them it is a crisis. Learning to make the clients realize they are important you have to make them your priority. The hardest part of the job is trying to keep up with all the changes from the State and the Main Office. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you leave work knowing that you helped someone today and they felt better or were safer because of what you did.
Average Company
Steve Sorrell (Current Employee) –  Dahlonega GaFebruary 9, 2015
Good company, no increase in pay for anyone, anytime. Would be way to get started in this type career. Not for long term employment.
Pros
people
Cons
no increase in pay
Great work environment
Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GASeptember 22, 2014
This is an awesome company to work for, my typical day at work would be is to greet the consumers when I arrive and to see the smiles on their faces, what a great feeling. I love the management she showed concerns for both the consumer and the employees. I felt welcomed here. The hardest part of my job was leaving each day the most enjoyable part of my job was counseling the consumers which included adapting to challenges and daily lifestyle, teaching how to prepare meals, researching and finding jobs, taking them on interviews.
Pros
Great benefits
productive
Counsel clients (Former Employee) –  Demorest, GAApril 14, 2014
took patients out on outings and help them achieve their own goals
Pros
go out and tke clients out
Cons
milage doesnt pay too good
Team work, autonomy (non-micromanagement)
Clinical Director / Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJuly 11, 2013
I miss and enjoyed working with the clients, staff, upper level management and the day to day drama.
Pros
Our behavioral health team could make a difference in many lives.
Cons
It takes many sessions to get clients to understand cognitive behavioral therapy.
A very good job with good benefits and great HR Dept!
Personnel Tech I (Former Employee) –  Flowery Branch, GANovember 15, 2012
A very good job with good benefits and great HR Dept! I would still be there if I hadn't have been laid off.
Pros
great managment in hr and great benefits
Cons
state lay offs