Aviva Employee Reviews

The first job to learn clerical skills.
Imaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSFebruary 19, 2016
I have had experience with microfiche and scanning. I was accurate when putting in amount of checks. I learned how to work in a team and scanning. The management treated us good. My coworkers were sometimes team players sometimes not. The hardest is no advancement. The most enjoyable was learning new technology.
Pros
The best first professional job.
Cons
My department was outsourced.
Very first office job and learned a lot of clerical skills.
Imaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSFebruary 15, 2016
When first starting there I copied microfiche for different departments for Annuities. I learned to scan and convert microfiche to computer images. The supervisors in the beginning were good. Then they outsourced our department. I was ready to move on after 14 years to gain new skills. There was no advancement. Sometimes the hardest part is when coworkers didn't work as a team. Is learning and I learned a lot of technology.
Pros
Learned lot of skills, good people, and could take classes about life insurance.
Cons
No advancement
work place
Inforce Specialist III (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines IowaOctober 7, 2015
I really like working for Aviva. When Aviva was bought out by Athene they eliminated 750.00 life insurance jobs.
I was very saddened when they released us.
I am happy they gave us a great package to stay on.
Pros
salary and beneifits- employee focused
Cons
there takeover
Great beginning of a career in accounting
Controller (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 1, 2015
Aviva afforded me the opportunity to gain first hand knowledge of managing the books of various entities from daily entries to tax returns. It was definitely a spring board to my career as controller.
Great Organization
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 5, 2015
I would like to say that Aviva Insurance Company is a great place to work. They have wonderful management and cooperative co-workers. I was involved in all phases, planning, developing scripts, execution of controller scenarios and analysis.
Great compnay with very friendly employees
DOCUMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 5, 2015
worked there through a temp agency for 6 months. People and management are really friendly and make sure you know how to do your job correctly.
Driven and challenging workplace
Company Insurance Agent, Curraheen (Former Employee) –  Cork, CFebruary 12, 2015
Intense work environment due to the hard nature of dealing with customers particular and varied health concerns. Often having to give out difficult information to customers in regards to their health cover.
Learned valuable skills in regards being able to deal with stressful situations and also being able to retain large product knowledge from memory.
Co-workers in this line of work are key and help you deal with the day to day pressures. They added a support network not only with helping with difficult queries but also during the general workday.
The hardest part of the job was having to deny someone cover on a policy due to to whatever reason it may have been. This could often be not only mentally draining but emotionally as well. The ability to leave this behind once the working day is done was a valuable skill I was able to obtain.
Pros
Provided a good salary
Cons
Could at times be emotionally draining.
Productive, stable and growing company
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Des Monies IowaFebruary 4, 2015
My last job was a very fast pace of office work and the best part of the job was you learned something new everyday. The hardest part of the job was having enough employees to meet the number of calls we took per day. Working in such a fast pace environment really made the time go by quickly and the phone calls always made it fun to meet and talk to new people from around the world.
Pros
getting to know people from around the world.
Cons
not enugh employees sometimes to handle the call volume
Great Company
Financial Underwriting Consultant (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 3, 2014
I developed a lot of skills and abilities at this company when because they respected my knowledge and really put my skills to work. it is also a company which supports the community and it was always great to work alongside the CEO and other senior executives on numerous outreach events.
My department was superb- I had very good relations with my team.
Great company
Customer Service Rep II (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSNovember 2, 2014
Good understanding on retirements. A typical day would be taking roughly 100 calls per day with good patience.
Pros
Good money, Knowledge of Finance Business
Cons
Dealing with Sales Agents
Great working enviornment
New Business Contractor (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Melville, New YorkOctober 19, 2014
Aviva is a great company with good employees. I learned about life insurance and all its benefits.
Pros
Good working experience
Cons
Not enough time in the day.
Always kept busy,
MD F.A.A.P (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 23, 2014
Prepare rooms for the day, get the lab ready for the day to run smoothly. I learned how to manage patient flow, communication and team work are essential. The employees at the practice are great and easy to work with. I can't think of any part that was hard I just see it as a challenge. The most enjoyable part is caring for the children and finding ways to show them that we are here to help them.
Pros
Able to take my daughters to the pediatrician at where I was working.
Cons
Having short lunches and patients walking in minutes before we would go to lunch.
Aviva USA Life and Annuity
New Business Agent Contact Specialist (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSSeptember 13, 2014
This is a great company to work for. They were very concerned about their employees work, life balance. Every day you learned something new. This industry changes all the time. My work day was always fast past. Full of challenges. The hardest part of the job was not having the authority to make or approve small changes . The work pace was so fast, finding a lead or manager presented its challenges. The days were exhausting, but the pay and benefits were great and the company always showed appreciation for the hard work and long hours the employees put in.
Pros
Lots of employee recognition, company events
Cons
Not enough lower management
frequent flyer program
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSJuly 17, 2014
taking calls from customers regarding their frequent flyer mile accounts
I learned about all the many promotions that were offered how many miles were needed for free travel, how many miles they would receive for free travel and how to add missing credits to their accounts
management was excellent always there for their employees
co-workers were great
hardest part of the job was seeing the company being outsourced
the most enjoyable part was working there
Pros
working at Mileage Plus
Cons
seeing the company being outsourced
I answered question for people on their life insurance policies
Tell Us- Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJuly 7, 2014
I was a customer servce rep answered querstions for people who needed questions ansewered on their life insurance polices.
Pros
ineract with pople
Cons
hard to move up in the company
Nice place to work with view of Boston skyline
Case Manager, Structured Settlements (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAJuly 7, 2014
Aviva was a nice place to work. Great benefits, friendly people, management was caring and helped you get where you wanted to go.
Due to company merger the business location is now in Des Moines Iowa.
Pros
Great benefits, free shuttle from train station, supportive management personel
Cons
Closing of MA location due to company merger
Informatica developer
ETL Developer (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 24, 2014
• A Certified Informatica and BI developer with 7 years of IT experience in analysis, design, development, testing, maintenance and user training of data warehousing and ETL process using Informatica Power Center 8.x/7.1.3/7.1.1/6.2 and oracle related applications.
• Over 7 years of combined Industry Experience as a Data Warehousing Expert and ETL Developer in designing, developing and implementing ETL processes for business applications.
• Extensive experience in implementing the ETL processes which include developing the data model, designing the change capture and recovery strategies.
• Extensive experience in technical architecture, data modeling, proof of concept, requirement study, system analysis, testing and development of decision support systems.
• Strong experience with star and snowflake schema, dimensional data modeling, Fact and dimensional tables, slowly changing dimensions.
• Have an expert understanding of Data Warehousing concepts with emphasis on ETL and Data warehouse Life Cycle Development including requirement analysis, design, development, testing and implementation.
• Experience in Data Warehouse development working with Data Migration, Data Conversion, and Extraction/Transformation/Loading using Informatica PowerCenter with Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata and DB2 databases.
• Experience in migrating the workflows, sessions and mappings to different environments using Repository manager.
• Worked with various Power Center components like Informatica Server and Client tools like Mapping Designer, Workflow Manager, and Repository Manager & Workflow
  more... Monitor.
• Experience in implementing High availability & Disaster Recovery architecture for Informatica.
• Experience working with shell scripts used for invoking Informatica workflows from the command prompt.
• Experience in Performance tuning of the ETL process and SQL tuning.
• Extensively used third party schedulers which include Autosys, Control-M.
• Excellent communication skills, Good organizational skills, outgoing personality, Self-motivated, hardworking, ability to work independently or cooperatively in a team, eager to learn, ability to grasp quickly.
Excellent Educational Opportunity
Annuity Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 17, 2014
Excellent Educational Opportunity for Annuity Administration.
Pros
Education
Cons
Limited Advancement Windows
Productive and good place to work.
Business Analyst/System Analyst (Current Employee) –  west des moinesMay 18, 2014
Good work culture. Better place for developing your skills in varied areas of Insurance.
Productive and fun work place
SQL Server DBA (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMay 12, 2014
Installation and Maintenance of SQL Server 2005/2008(R2)/2012 on Test, Development and Production Environments.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aviva. Our community is ready to answer.

83%