Aviva Employee Reviews

Very much a "Good Ole Boy" environment
Project Manager-contractor (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSAugust 22, 2017
Culture of the city where this opportunity existed was very restrictive to alternate races. This caused many subtle issues of "Staying in one's place" whenever duties relating to management of the common race was attempted.
Pros
Opportunity to expose people to different culture
Cons
Company expectations of alternative races often conflicted with managerial responsibilities.
Nice place to work.
Director (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAJuly 21, 2017
Company relocated from MA to IA several years ago. Corporate headquarters and data center were also relocated. New Sr Management team less communicative and less strategically focused.
Demanding workplace in competitive environment
Investment Specialist - Multi-Asset (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 15, 2017
incredibly intensive, great managers and leadership, and strong culture to promote and acknowledge effective efforts and contribution. Most enjoyable part of the job is accomplishments!
Fun work environment
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 15, 2017
This was the company where I did my Internship during MBA. The mentors were very helpful and I got to learn many things and implement my ideas. The work environment was fun and friendly.
Pros
good mentors
Cons
lack of some processes
Great Place
VICE PRESIDENT OF SALES (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 7, 2017
Fantastic organization with focus on growth. Management was open and approachable and valued employee input. Pay and benefits were excellent with great work/life balance.
Aviva USA no longer
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSMay 9, 2017
Aviva PLC USA - Was sold some years back. Bought out by Athena, If the same people work there its a great place to work. Top notch! Great work life balance, benies, and meetings!
Pros
Pie, lots of Pie
Cons
none that I can think of!
Fun place to work
Summer Intern- Talent Acquisition (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 17, 2017
Very good mentors, helpful team, conducive work environment.

Good management style. Good learning curve.

This being by first job in my desired field, I learned a lot.
Productive Asset Manager
Employee (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 24, 2016
While a bit top heavy and a bit too conservative (benchmark investing in many regards), a good place to work.. with a select few people who are complete geniuses and were an absolute thrill to work with
The first job to learn clerical skills.
Imaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSFebruary 19, 2016
I have had experience with microfiche and scanning. I was accurate when putting in amount of checks. I learned how to work in a team and scanning. The management treated us good. My coworkers were sometimes team players sometimes not. The hardest is no advancement. The most enjoyable was learning new technology.
Pros
The best first professional job.
Cons
My department was outsourced.
Very first office job and learned a lot of clerical skills.
Imaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSFebruary 15, 2016
When first starting there I copied microfiche for different departments for Annuities. I learned to scan and convert microfiche to computer images. The supervisors in the beginning were good. Then they outsourced our department. I was ready to move on after 14 years to gain new skills. There was no advancement. Sometimes the hardest part is when coworkers didn't work as a team. Is learning and I learned a lot of technology.
Pros
Learned lot of skills, good people, and could take classes about life insurance.
Cons
No advancement
work place
Inforce Specialist III (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines IowaOctober 7, 2015
I really like working for Aviva. When Aviva was bought out by Athene they eliminated 750.00 life insurance jobs.
I was very saddened when they released us.
I am happy they gave us a great package to stay on.
Pros
salary and beneifits- employee focused
Cons
there takeover
Great beginning of a career in accounting
Controller (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 1, 2015
Aviva afforded me the opportunity to gain first hand knowledge of managing the books of various entities from daily entries to tax returns. It was definitely a spring board to my career as controller.
Great Organization
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 5, 2015
I would like to say that Aviva Insurance Company is a great place to work. They have wonderful management and cooperative co-workers. I was involved in all phases, planning, developing scripts, execution of controller scenarios and analysis.
Great compnay with very friendly employees
DOCUMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 5, 2015
worked there through a temp agency for 6 months. People and management are really friendly and make sure you know how to do your job correctly.
Driven and challenging workplace
Company Insurance Agent, Curraheen (Former Employee) –  Cork, CFebruary 12, 2015
Intense work environment due to the hard nature of dealing with customers particular and varied health concerns. Often having to give out difficult information to customers in regards to their health cover.
Learned valuable skills in regards being able to deal with stressful situations and also being able to retain large product knowledge from memory.
Co-workers in this line of work are key and help you deal with the day to day pressures. They added a support network not only with helping with difficult queries but also during the general workday.
The hardest part of the job was having to deny someone cover on a policy due to to whatever reason it may have been. This could often be not only mentally draining but emotionally as well. The ability to leave this behind once the working day is done was a valuable skill I was able to obtain.
Pros
Provided a good salary
Cons
Could at times be emotionally draining.
Productive, stable and growing company
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Des Monies IowaFebruary 4, 2015
My last job was a very fast pace of office work and the best part of the job was you learned something new everyday. The hardest part of the job was having enough employees to meet the number of calls we took per day. Working in such a fast pace environment really made the time go by quickly and the phone calls always made it fun to meet and talk to new people from around the world.
Pros
getting to know people from around the world.
Cons
not enugh employees sometimes to handle the call volume
Great Company
Financial Underwriting Consultant (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 3, 2014
I developed a lot of skills and abilities at this company when because they respected my knowledge and really put my skills to work. it is also a company which supports the community and it was always great to work alongside the CEO and other senior executives on numerous outreach events.
My department was superb- I had very good relations with my team.
Great company
Customer Service Rep II (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSNovember 2, 2014
Good understanding on retirements. A typical day would be taking roughly 100 calls per day with good patience.
Pros
Good money, Knowledge of Finance Business
Cons
Dealing with Sales Agents
Great working enviornment
New Business Contractor (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Melville, New YorkOctober 19, 2014
Aviva is a great company with good employees. I learned about life insurance and all its benefits.
Pros
Good working experience
Cons
Not enough time in the day.
Always kept busy,
MD F.A.A.P (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 23, 2014
Prepare rooms for the day, get the lab ready for the day to run smoothly. I learned how to manage patient flow, communication and team work are essential. The employees at the practice are great and easy to work with. I can't think of any part that was hard I just see it as a challenge. The most enjoyable part is caring for the children and finding ways to show them that we are here to help them.
Pros
Able to take my daughters to the pediatrician at where I was working.
Cons
Having short lunches and patients walking in minutes before we would go to lunch.