Aviva Employee Reviews in United States

Very first office job and learned a lot of clerical skills.
Imaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSFebruary 15, 2016
When first starting there I copied microfiche for different departments for Annuities. I learned to scan and convert microfiche to computer images. The supervisors in the beginning were good. Then they outsourced our department. I was ready to move on after 14 years to gain new skills. There was no advancement. Sometimes the hardest part is when coworkers didn't work as a team. Is learning and I learned a lot of technology.
Pros
Learned lot of skills, good people, and could take classes about life insurance.
Cons
No advancement
Great beginning of a career in accounting
Controller (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 1, 2015
Aviva afforded me the opportunity to gain first hand knowledge of managing the books of various entities from daily entries to tax returns. It was definitely a spring board to my career as controller.
I answered question for people on their life insurance policies
Tell Us- Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJuly 7, 2014
I was a customer servce rep answered querstions for people who needed questions ansewered on their life insurance polices.
Pros
ineract with pople
Cons
hard to move up in the company
Productive and good place to work.
Business Analyst/System Analyst (Current Employee) –  west des moinesMay 18, 2014
Good work culture. Better place for developing your skills in varied areas of Insurance.
good place to work.
Sr. Total Rewards Specialist (Former Employee) –  des moinesJanuary 27, 2014
Great co-workers and management. Good employee benefits. Great work environment. Facilities are the best.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
bought by athene
New Business Agent Contact Representative (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJanuary 16, 2014
Aviva is a great up and a lot of opportunity to grow. We moved to Kansas City so I couldn't work for them anymore.
Fast paced environment leading large testing efforts
Quality Assurance Lead (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJune 2, 2013
A typical day at work starts by analyzing current defects in our project within quality center. Once this is complete we hold a daily triage to prioritize our work effort.

At Aviva I've learned to manage large off and on shore testing teams to reach set deadlines in critical projects. I've learned to write complex SQL for backend testing, writing detailed test plans and work estimates for current initiatives.

The hardest part of my job is trying to coordinate off and on shore testing with the difference in time. I've found that a daily stand up at 8:00 AM via teleconference tends to bridge that gap.

I enjoy the challenge of taking on new projects every couple years. I enjoy learning new systems and new technologies.
Pros
benefits, pay and opportunity to learn new ways of testing.
Cons
qa, being at the end of the project, tends to have to make up time due to the unmet deadlines of other project departments.
New Business review applications
New Business Associate (Current Employee) –  Topeka KSFebruary 17, 2013
Reviewing new applications, keying on applications, and processing money coming in daily.
Productive under stress
New Business Representative IV (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJanuary 22, 2013
Learned to multitask. Made decisions as quickly as the phone would ring. Upper management would change direction of corporation yearly.

Keep clients (General Agents, Agents and individual clients) happy.
Pros
accumulated time-for personal or appointments
Cons
heavy phones
No security
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT / MEETING PLANNER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 12, 2012
The company lacked security which is why their doors were shut this year.
Wonderful place to work for
Document Allocations (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMay 23, 2012
I had a wonderful and enriching experience working for Aviva. A company that was completely understanding I was a single mother of a very young child so if I ever had to miss time, they were more than kind. They were very laid back and always helpful if you need it, and a very open door policy. I felt very at home and welcome here, I wish I could had stayed!
Pros
you can listen to the radio!
Good place to work. They empowered me to be a good self starter
Financial Underwriting Consultant (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 29, 2012
Great environment and great corporate social responsibility