AVL Digital Group

AVL Digital Group Employee Reviews

Great group of co-workers and managers who work for each other as well as for company goals
Departmental Manager (Former Employee), Pennsauken, NJMay 7, 2015
Pros: Benefits package, Co-workers, managers, laid back atmosphere.
Cons: Some mandatory overtime during Holiday season can be stressful, CD/DVD format is getting phased out.
Much of my day was spent on production and production planning, troubleshooting, and interacting with other departments. I was able to advance through 7 different job titles while I was there, and was able and encouraged to learn anything and everything I could. Casual dress code (jeans most days). Management was very approachable and interacted daily with the staff. Many co-workers were of the same mind set, well-versed in music and pop culture and easy to get along with. It was easy to have conversations and management often joined in. Some rifts between production staff and office staff but nothing you wouldn't expect. Still professional and respectful. Catered Holiday luncheon, free bagels, coffee, hot chocolate, a very responsive facilities and maintenance crew, and an off site office party where employees perform on stage with a band they are in, with bands they form at work for the occasion, or as stand-up comedians. Cover charge is a donation to local food bank. Very responsive and dedicated HR staff.
Optical disc manufacturing company
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Pennsauken, NJMarch 15, 2015
Pros: good benefits, laidback atmosphere, free bagels and coffee
A great company with personality. They like to hire from within. They usually hire people to work in the call center working on phone and email to provide customer service and see what you can offer to move you to a different department. I was promoted to the sales department after a few months in the call center. The sales position is tough but the compensation is good. Base pay with monthly commission in the sales department. Good benefits and management is helpful. Larger company of about 200-250 employees so if you are looking for something quiet and intimate this company is not for you.
Rockin Place To Work!
Product Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 12, 2014
10/10 would work here again! Great place to work, excellent perks, great co-workers and management! Relaxed yet driven work atmosphere.
Disc Makers
Production Engineer (Current Employee), Pennsauken, NJNovember 30, 2012
Great co-workers and a friendly environment. A leader in a business that is slowly being phased out.
Loved the job, but it killed me
Service Technician (Former Employee), Pennsauken, NJApril 24, 2012
Pros: the actual job itself
Cons: pure exhaustion
Lets see, well, I was a service tech on cd manufacturing machines. Very intense job, it had everything i loved, high tech pnuematic automation. electromechanical , devices, worked with hydraulic systems. Molding machines, clean rooms,robotics
Coworkers were a mixed breed.
Hardest part was getting enough sleep between the 12-16 hour shifts, living 60 miles away. Most enjoyable was the intense work, multitasks were a must. Friends called me a machine not a human.

I love that stuff