AVL Digital Group Employee Reviews

Terrible
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJAugust 15, 2017
Unhealthy working conditions, constant breathing in of burning polly and smoke. Bugs that jump from the boxes and bite you, can be taken home. Rude people and neglect for other employees. They also try to force political opinions on people during meetings.
Family oriented company. Good people to work with.
MAILROOM MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJAugust 25, 2015
I enjoyed working at Disc Makers. It was a part of who I am.

A typical day at work was fast paced. I had a lot of responsibilities to do in a limited amount of time and several deadlines. In one word for a typical day - multi-tasking.

I learned many things over the years - everything from learning how to use a pc to becoming a manager with a staff of nine.

The co-workers are the best at Disc Makers. Human Resources does a wonderful job at hiring the right combination of people. Everyone works well together and there is always a helping hand from anyone.

I'm not sure if I had a hard part to the job. Like I said, it was fast paced and a lot to do in a small amount of time but that's what I liked about my job.

The most enjoyable part of my job was turning off the lights at night. I always did a brief clean-up and last look at my department. To see that everything was done and on time would always put a smile on my face before I left. Always felt productive and accomplished.
Great group of co-workers and managers who work for each other as well as for company goals
Departmental Manager (Former Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJMay 7, 2015
Much of my day was spent on production and production planning, troubleshooting, and interacting with other departments. I was able to advance through 7 different job titles while I was there, and was able and encouraged to learn anything and everything I could. Casual dress code (jeans most days). Management was very approachable and interacted daily with the staff. Many co-workers were of the same mind set, well-versed in music and pop culture and easy to get along with. It was easy to have conversations and management often joined in. Some rifts between production staff and office staff but nothing you wouldn't expect. Still professional and respectful. Catered Holiday luncheon, free bagels, coffee, hot chocolate, a very responsive facilities and maintenance crew, and an off site office party where employees perform on stage with a band they are in, with bands they form at work for the occasion, or as stand-up comedians. Cover charge is a donation to local food bank. Very responsive and dedicated HR staff.
Pros
Benefits package, Co-workers, managers, laid back atmosphere.
Cons
Some mandatory overtime during Holiday season can be stressful, CD/DVD format is getting phased out.
Optical disc manufacturing company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJMarch 15, 2015
A great company with personality. They like to hire from within. They usually hire people to work in the call center working on phone and email to provide customer service and see what you can offer to move you to a different department. I was promoted to the sales department after a few months in the call center. The sales position is tough but the compensation is good. Base pay with monthly commission in the sales department. Good benefits and management is helpful. Larger company of about 200-250 employees so if you are looking for something quiet and intimate this company is not for you.
Pros
Good benefits, laidback atmosphere, free bagels and coffee
Rockin Place To Work!
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 12, 2014
10/10 would work here again! Great place to work, excellent perks, great co-workers and management! Relaxed yet driven work atmosphere.
Disc Makers
Production Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJNovember 30, 2012
Great co-workers and a friendly environment. A leader in a business that is slowly being phased out.
Loved the job, but it killed me
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJApril 24, 2012
Lets see, well, I was a service tech on cd manufacturing machines. Very intense job, it had everything i loved, high tech pnuematic automation. electromechanical , devices, worked with hydraulic systems. Molding machines, clean rooms,robotics
Coworkers were a mixed breed.
Hardest part was getting enough sleep between the 12-16 hour shifts, living 60 miles away. Most enjoyable was the intense work, multitasks were a must. Friends called me a machine not a human.

I love that stuff
Pros
the actual job itself
Cons
pure exhaustion

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AVL Digital Group. Our community is ready to answer.

AVL Digital Group Reviews by Location